Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's great that the weekly strike is Earth this week - loads of strange coins for Friday.

Dear Xur

I would like you to bring the Monte Carlo to the Tower this week.

Many Thanks
    Gimli

• Registered Users Posts: 20,449 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

playing drunk for the last 2 nights, possible fell asleep mid mission, with one other boards member notourix ? my spelling is bad :(

but i'm level 17 so not far off 20 now. will try more a sober play tonight !!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's supposedly a secret playlist on mercury that you only get access to if a ticket drops for you after a crucible match. Might be a reference to that.

Never heard of anyone getting one yet though, only found out about it when looking at the grimoire's one night. Could be that it will be a timed event like queens bounties and iron banner at some point.

Googled it a bit and found this guy talking about it, want to know who the guys are that he is saying anybody know?:eek::confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVJ4q9czb6Q

the Data mining is what I'm talking about.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Googled it a bit and found this guy talking about it, want to know who the guys are that he is saying anybody know?:eek::confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVJ4q9czb6Q

the Data mining is what I'm talking about.

Shouldn't you be researching the Templar? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Shouldn't you be researching the Templar? :P

In work, I'll do once I get home.

Sorry my master haha.;)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

In work, I'll do once I get home.

Sorry my master haha.;)

Saw a video of the cheese spot last night after we finished up, crying shame it was nerfed.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

The thing on Mercury is supposed to be this. A kind of elite crucible.

http://destinynews.net/trials-osiris/

Sounds hellish. Cant wait to try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Saw a video of the cheese spot last night after we finished up, crying shame it was nerfed.

New cheese spot up, a video was posted about it here last night. Basically everyone but the relic holder stays around the spawn point on the ledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Played crucible last night and topped the server twice without even paying much attention. If anything my auto-rifle has gotten better, not nerfed.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I'm godawful in the crucible... Have 3 exotic bounties open, 2 of which rely on me being good at PvP. Might have to scrap them.

Elite crucible? No hope for me there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

That looks class. When does it start?

New cheese spot up, a video was posted about it here last night. Basically everyone but the relic holder stays around the spawn point on the ledge.

Aye I saw that, looked more a legitimate strategy than a cheese to me though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Aye I saw that, looked more a legitimate strategy than a cheese to me though :P

Safe to say it's a better strategy than whatever ours was last night! :pac: Thought we done quite well for a bunch of noobs though.

Did we figure out if the enrage is time or health based yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Safe to say it's a better strategy than whatever ours was last night! :pac: Thought we done quite well for a bunch of noobs though.

Did we figure out if the enrage is time or health based yet?

Its time based, just so happens to be near when a the Templars health is low with a good tea . The same can happen with Atheon if you are slow there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Hey guys

Not sure if I have missed the boat again but are we gonna try the raid again this week after our incomplete (not failed) attempt last week?

Dying to try again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I really have to get into this game properly, I'm only like a lv13 but I have absolutely no idea what any of you guys are talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hey guys

Not sure if I have missed the boat again but are we gonna try the raid again this week after our incomplete (not failed) attempt last week?

Dying to try again!

I won't be around until Sunday but I'd say you'll get a few wanting to run it again.

If you start it Sunday I'm in but if you start on Saturday and you need an extra to finish it send me a message on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

On the subject of Trials of Osiris, it's pretty much all bollox from what I'm seeing.
    It's basically an inactive playlist or weekly event, it will be a "thing" in the future, but it's not a "thing" now.
    I'm calling shenanigans on anyone who says they are already experiencing it and let me tell you why:
    • I've played 230 crucible matches and I have not seen any "ticket" drops, neither has anyone else in the PS4 clan I play with regularly.
    • The article on it is pre-launch
    • The video on it is simply looking at what is available in the code (of course they don't show the code or indeed any proof, just some moon-map-gameplay), that is not an indicator of whats available now.
    • If Bungie made QW and IB "events" do you really think, being starved for content as they are, they would secrete stuff away like this, no, they would be banging on about it big time.
    • Mercury is already availabe in Skirmish and Rumble, albeit it comes up rarely
    Do you know how you'll know Trials of Osiris is a thing?
    • I won't shut up about it on the this thread and on the headset for those of you in my FT
    • You will have 3 reminders a day saying "TRIALS OF OSIRIS IS NOW OPEN, OMG YOU GUYS, FOR REAL" pop up when you go to Orbit.
    • It'll be in the weekly newsletter and update from Bungie.
    So let's just leave the Trials Of Osiris conspiracy at just that, a conspiracy.
    It'll be a reality when it's a reality

(also it sounds like a rather crap event, but who is surprised by that any more eh?)

EDIT: actually conspiracy is the wrong word, maybe speculation would have been better

.ak wrote: »

No idea when it's on but it sounds like a co-ordinated three man team would get you guaranteed legendary gear, sounds like a lot of fun anyway.
    Hey guys

Dying to try again!

A bunch of us had a go last night, it was pretty spur of the moment rather than pre-planned. I don't think anyone was involved in the one last week so I'd say there's enough of us to get two raid teams going. We got to the part where you fight the Templar. How far ye get last week?
    Its time based, just so happens to be near when a the Templars health is low with a good tea . The same can happen with Atheon if you are slow there too.

Ah right, the enrage always happened when his health was pretty low so we weren't sure. So it's possible to kill him before it happens? Not getting marked was pretty tough once he is enraged and we kept getting destroyed when we'd all be rushing to the relic holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

So it's possible to kill him before it happens?

Yes, we killed him before he got enraged in one of the raid groups on Tuesday. It took us a few tries to kill him, but yes, once he get enraged it become very hard to kill him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

A bunch of us had a go last night, it was pretty spur of the moment rather than pre-planned. I don't think anyone was involved in the one last week so I'd say there's enough of us to get two raid teams going. We got to the part where you fight the Templar. How far ye get last week?

Hey Mick

We got as far as the last part, we got close enough but a few of the guys had to go so we had to postpone it until monday and on monday the friend list was down so we couldnt complete it.

I will PM the guys and see what they are up to...

I am still looking for someone to run the nightfall with my lvl 27 hunter!!! :S

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No idea when it's on but it sounds like a co-ordinated three man team would get you guaranteed legendary gear, sounds like a lot of fun anyway.

Ah right, the enrage always happened when his health was pretty low so we weren't sure. So it's possible to kill him before it happens? Not getting marked was pretty tough once he is enraged and we kept getting destroyed when we'd all be rushing to the relic holder.

We got to fight Aetheon but said we would finish it on Monday. Then there was problems with live on the Monday which was a pain.

Cormac... wrote: »
    On the subject of Trials of Osiris, it's pretty much all bollox from what I'm seeing.
    It's basically an inactive playlist or weekly event, it will be a "thing" in the future, but it's not a "thing" now.
    I'm calling shenanigans on anyone who says they are already experiencing it and let me tell you why:
    • I've played 230 crucible matches and I have not seen any "ticket" drops, neither has anyone else in the PS4 clan I play with regularly.
    • The article on it is pre-launch
    • The video on it is simply looking at what is available in the code (of course they don't show the code or indeed any proof, just some moon-map-gameplay), that is not an indicator of whats available now.
    • If Bungie made QW and IB "events" do you really think, being starved for content as they are, they would secrete stuff away like this, no, they would be banging on about it big time.
    • Mercury is already availabe in Skirmish and Rumble, albeit it comes up rarely
    Do you know how you'll know Trials of Osiris is a thing?
    • I won't shut up about it on the this thread and on the headset for those of you in my FT
    • You will have 3 reminders a day saying "TRIALS OF OSIRIS IS NOW OPEN, OMG YOU GUYS, FOR REAL" pop up when you go to Orbit.
    • It'll be in the weekly newsletter and update from Bungie.
    So let's just leave the Trials Of Osiris conspiracy at just that, a conspiracy.
    It'll be a reality when it's a reality

(also it sounds like a rather crap event, but who is surprised by that any more eh?)

EDIT: actually conspiracy is the wrong word, maybe speculation would have been better

Tournament tickets are 100% real, they're just not available yet.

Tournament tickets are 100% real, they're just not available yet.

That's kind of what I was getting at no? :confused:

Once the event is "active" we'll get Ticket drops

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I am still looking for someone to run the nightfall with my lvl 27 hunter!!! :S

Already did the nightfall but, I have an exotic bounty to run 25 strikes, so send me an invite (if your on PS4 that is) if you see me online later on tonight. More fun to run strikes with guys from the clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

.ak wrote: »

Im not sure. I only just heard of it for the first time last night.
    Id imagine it will be a timed event of some description. Maybe when the first DLC drops?

Cormac... wrote: »
    That's kind of what I was getting at no? :confused:

Once the event is "active" we'll get Ticket drops

Your post read more like you thought the whole thing was made up, otherwise I'm not sure why you're bothered that people are talking about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

We actually made better progress when he enraged on our first couple of runs. The spawning of more mobs just contributed to a faster build up of my super as the relic holder and his shield was going down every 7-8 seconds. A decent relic holder can clear up mobs pretty quickly on either side, minotaurs included.

Gandalph wrote: »
    We actually made better progress when he enraged on our first couple of runs. The spawning of more mobs just contributed to a faster build up of my super as the relic holder and his shield was going down every 7-8 seconds. A decent relic holder can clear up mobs pretty quickly on either side, minotaurs included.

The oracles more so than the mobs messed us up, they seem to spawn a lot more and a few at the same time once he's enraged and we all ended up getting marked, then things fell apart as the panic set in :o

• Advertisement

Your post read more like you thought the whole thing was made up, otherwise I'm not sure why you're bothered that people are talking about it?

Not bothered, more just throwing my 2 cents in there :p
    Speculate on it away sure. I just feel the information sources are lacking in clarity.

I would not be surprised if this arrived in the next week or 2 as an event

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement