Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Niska

Unsure if I wouldpreorder (had fun in the alpha so was more likely than not).
    However, with the Digital Guardian edition now available on the ie PSN plunged for it last night.

Pity won't have much time to play this weekend, but signed up for the boards clan.

See you in Russia...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Hey guys just wondering if it would be okay to cancel my pre order after the beta? Ill probably end up getting a physical copy of the game anyway but just want to make sure that sony dont ban my or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

tyrion1234 wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering if it would be okay to cancel my pre order after the beta? Ill probably end up getting a physical copy of the game anyway but just want to make sure that sony dont ban my or something.

I cancelled mine as the beta downloaded, but I did have a beta code anyway, I have no card on there anymore so I doubt they can charge or ban me....

Fieldog wrote: »
    I cancelled mine as the beta downloaded, but I did have a beta code anyway, I have no card on there anymore so I doubt they can charge or ban me....

Okay would it be better to order it off Amazon then PSN?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sony/Bungie know people are going to pre-order/cancel this game.

If they catch anyone sitting on the fence, happy days for them, extra sales.
    Even people with no interest may try the beta and buy it then.

It's called marketing.

Okay would it be better to order it off Amazon then PSN?

I thought amazon ran out of codes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I pre ordered off the psn store and cancelled straight afterwards. They don't charge until the release day. Its only in certain states in America that you can't cancel a pre order. Here are the terms and conditions from Sony
    You agree that for pre-orders of digital content products:
    (i) we can charge you on the payment date displayed when you place your pre-order (if we accept it);
    (ii) you or we may cancel your pre-order up to (but not including) the release date, in which case any sums deducted from your SEN wallet will be refunded (but this may not occur until after the release date);
    (iii) we may make the pre-ordered products available to you on the release date and, once made available, as far as permitted by law, you will have no further right to cancel your order or to a "cooling off period";
    (iv) when you cancel a pre-order you will no longer be entitled to any promotional services and/or products offered with the pre-order but if you subsequently access the service and/or product we will still charge you at full pre-order price; and
    (v) you will not use your pre-ordered product until the release date, even if you are able to download it earlier.
    When you place a pre-order, ‘Automatic Funding’ for your SEN wallet will be automatically turned "On" if you have registered a payment method (e.g. a credit or debit card). You can switch Automatic Funding "Off" at any time via your SEN account management page.

I pre ordered off the psn store and cancelled straight afterwards. They don't charge until the release day. Its only in certain states in America that you can't cancel a pre order. Here are the terms and conditions from Sony

Excellent ill delete my credit card info just to be safe then pre order it. How long does it take to get the code?

Excellent ill delete my credit card info just to be safe then pre order it. How long does it take to get the code?
    If you preorder of the PSN store you don't need a code, it will just download the 178mb client straight away. the beta will download in the background so it doesn't appear in notifications. to view how much is downloaded, highlight the beta app icon on the ps4 dashboard, press options and select information, it will say how much is downloaded. it only takes less than a minute to cancel the preorder.

If you preorder of the PSN store you don't need a code, it will just download the 178mb client straight away. the beta will download in the background so it doesn't appear in notifications. to view how much is downloaded, highlight the beta app icon on the ps4 dashboard, press options and select information, it will say how much is downloaded. it only takes less than a minute to cancel the preorder.

Lovely thanks very much for your help.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Sony/Bungie know people are going to pre-order/cancel this game.

If they catch anyone sitting on the fence, happy days for them, extra sales.
    Even people with no interest may try the beta and buy it then.

It's called marketing.

I thought amazon ran out of codes?

Pay a fiver in GameStop and if you don't like it just put the 5er off a different game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Really annoyed that this isn't hitting PC anymore until next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Anyone need a ps3 code?

COYVB wrote: »
    Anyone need a ps3 code?

Anyone with a 360 code?

My mate called around last night and had a go on PS4 and was shocked to learn it was a game headed to 360....

I seem to be on my own here but the PS3 one I think looks mighty impressive for a "last gen" version of the game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I had zero interest in this till I got a code for the beta, now I've tried it I'm gonna be there day one, love it.

there is an iron banner event tonight from 10pm to midnight
    Welcome to The Iron Banner. Lord Shaxx isn’t the only legendary Guardian tasked with hammering you into fighting shape. When the time comes, new doors will open in the Tower. The Iron Banner crest will be set alight, and Lord Saladin will emerge with new challenges to overcome, and a new way to earn honor and glory for your Guardian.

The Crucible proper is all about putting your skills to the test. Iron Banner requires another crucial element: Power.

Lars Bakken knows a thing or two about competitive play: “Bring your absolute best gear because we turn on Level Advantages. That means your Attack and Defense ratings matters in Iron Banner matches.”

We’re not just giving you new ways to play. We’re expanding on the arenas where you’ll fight. “Two maps get added into the new playlist,” says Lars. “The fan favorite Rusted Lands returns from the Alpha, and we take you to Mars for the first time ever with Blind Watch. Iron Banner is the ONLY way to see these maps in the Beta.”

New maps are not the only reward for your bravery in this new competitive construct. According to Designer Leif Johansen, “Iron Banner has limited time rewards, so show up with your ‘A’ game. Losing a match may make the difference between getting that bad ass Assault Rifle or not.”

Lord Saladin will be waiting. Before you enter his domain, heed this final warning from Lars: “Get ready to kick ass. You will be tested here unlike anywhere else in the Beta.”

there is an iron banner event tonight from 10pm to midnight

Knew I recognised the name - we did a warspawn together.
    Narnin is my PSN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If I pre order this on amazon now, they don't take the money till it ships right?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Friend is interested in trying this out. Anyone got a spare ps3 key? Thanks.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Friend is interested in trying this out. Anyone got a spare ps3 key? Thanks.

Do you not have a spare 2 in your Bungie account?

cloud493 wrote: »
    If I pre order this on amazon now, they don't take the money till it ships right?

That's right. They don't take the money until they dispatch

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »

I think someone posted they take the money two days before it ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Fieldog wrote: »
    Do you not have a spare 2 in your Bungie account?

I do. I used em up on my other friends. I'm just asking if anyone got a spare. I already got mine from here I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

For anyone who has not got a key preorder on psn and then cancel the preorder free betas baby

All it is is Control in the new area - anyone get anything different?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

All it is is Control in the new area - anyone get anything different?

As far as i know its based on your characters level in the story mode

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    As far as i know its based on your characters level in the story mode

So, I'm level 8, all I can play is control - that's stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So, I'm level 8, all I can play is control - that's stupid.

Your armour and weapon values are taken into effect, all weapons do base damage without armour ratings being taken into effect in normal mp from what I understand from the update. Athome now won't be able to test myself thoughfor another 20 mins or so.

Your armour and weapon values are taken into effect, all weapons do base damage without armour ratings being taken into effect in normal mp from what I understand from the update. Athome now won't be able to test myself thoughfor another 20 mins or so.

That's just ridiculous then.

Unless they start dropping armour and tell you which game type you can play when you equip it.

EDIT:
    Tried my other character(different weapons/armour) stiil only control.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The beta is an 11gb download ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

The beta is an 11gb download ffs

Took me 25 mins!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement