Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

AdamD wrote: »
    Time do we find out what Xur is selling?

Has he shown up? Any idea what he has?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Robbed from Reddit

Exotic Gear:

Type Class Rarity Currency Cost
    The Armamentarium Chest Armor Titan Exotic SC 13
    Achlyophage Symbiote Helmet Hunter Exotic SC 13
    Light Beyond Nemesis Helmet Warlock Exotic SC 13
    Truth Rocket Launcher All Exotic SC 23
    Engram Body All Exotic MoL 23

Type Rarity QTY Currency Cost
    (Pending) Consumable Basic 5 SC 1
    Emerald Coil Vehicle Upgrade Legendary 1 SC 23
    Stealth Drive Vehicle Upgrade Legendary 1 SC 23
    Heavy Ammo Synthesis Consumable Basic 5 SC 1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Rocket Launcher :(

Not a big fan of these. Any reason I should buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Bah! Nothing again. I bought that Achlyophage Symbiote two weeks ago, and got it as a drop again this week. Guess Il get that sparrow telemetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I'm going to pick up the light beyond nemesis just so I can put my character to 29 and hopefully do the raid on hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Looks like I'll be dismantling for materials, exotic rocket launcher is a waste of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I've noticed a lot of people mixing up raids and strikes.

There currently is only 1 Raid which is the Vault of glass.

Strikes - 3 player
    Raid - 6 players

• Registered Users Posts: 45,639 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I've noticed a lot of people mixing up raids and strikes.

There currently is only 1 Raid which is the Vault of glass.

Strikes - 3 player
    Raid - 6 players

for myself, it was a tired typo as I settled down to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody else's interest in Destiny declining at a rapid rate???

Turned off the PS this morning mid bounty and I couldnt really care less now.

Time to jumping into something else for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just out of curiousity does anyone use mic's. In all my hours playing multiplayer I've not heard one person.

If you go on strikes the other members could potentially have mic's as well I assume.

I don't play with friends so I'm talkin randomers here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,639 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Just out of curiousity does anyone use mic's. In all my hours playing multiplayer I've not heard one person.

If you go on strikes the other members could potentially have mic's as well I assume.

You will only hear people you are in a fire team with, and I am not sure if randomers on strikes count for that.

For all the Daily, Weekly stuff I have done with people on the boards.ie clan off here there have been people using mics.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah you can't hear anyone because the game doesn't have the functionality, even in the crucible you can't hear your team mates. Very strange decision for what's supposed to be a social game, they will be patching it in though at some point I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Rocket Launcher :(

Not a big fan of these. Any reason I should buy it?

I have like 50 strange coins so I will give it a go later. Its a void rocket launcher so it could come out handy for the raid tonight as well.

Although there is nothing out there interesting enough. I know what the random engram is going to give me, and amour piece for a different class which is a pain if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Wasn't the Achlyophage Symbiote already on sale before? Perhaps they are just repeating previous items now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Benzino wrote: »
    Wasn't the Achlyophage Symbiote already on sale before? Perhaps they are just repeating previous items now?

Red Death has been up twice too. (1st week and a couple of weeks back)
    I want an exotic scout and/or assault rifle.
    Also want a shotgun and fusion rifle.
    Actually anything but a rocket launcher or sniper.

• Administrators Posts: 53,756 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Fcuk sake, a fcukin poxy helmet that's only 1 light better than my queens guard helm! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Some more leaks:

Destiny leak reveals raid gear from upcoming DLC

The new raid armour looks interesting.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Benzino wrote: »

Sunbreakers and Lucky Raspberry have been available a few times so far too.

I might just hold off and wait until next week and pray there's some better armour.

Does anyone know the upgrades on Achlyophage Symbiote ? I.e. what you need for each upgrade in terms of materials etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah you can't hear anyone because the game doesn't have the functionality, even in the crucible you can't hear your team mates. Very strange decision for what's supposed to be a social game, they will be patching it in though at some point I reckon.

Yeah I don't get it at all. Makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anybody else's interest in Destiny declining at a rapid rate???

Massively. I'm at lvl 28, and I'm not really arsed trying to level it up any more. It's a chore to do so, and to fully level I'd have to play the raid - which I don't really get the time to do. Even if I did, there's not much point. Do the raid, level gear up.. then what? Still left with the same content to do over and over.

I enjoy the PVP, but it's not varied enough and is getting stale too. Iron Banner seemed like an interesting concept to make levelling/upgrading worthwhile, but it was a mess and is gone now anyway.

Time to pick up Borderlands I think.

maximoose wrote: »
    Do the raid, level gear up.. then what? Still left with the same content to do over and over.

You would have to do the raid a few times, as your not guaranteed raid armour drops. I got lucky and actually got a chest piece. Might just finish upgrading that, and call it a day until December when the DLC hits.

awec wrote: »
    I might just hold off and wait until next week and pray there's some better armour.

Does anyone know the upgrades on Achlyophage Symbiote ? I.e. what you need for each upgrade in terms of materials etc.

Relic Iron is what's needed. If you go to Xur and hover over it in his inventory you should see an option to inspect, you can look at it yourself then. It only has less light than your current helmet because you need to upgrade it btw, might be worth taking a chance on the engram if you need armour too.

Getting a bit fed up with the game now too, what I've seen of the raid was great but all it does is further enforce how good the rest of the game could have been if they had bothered. Also the thought of having to get more gear to level up to 32 in the DLC just makes me not want to play the DLC.

Getting a bit fed up with the game now too, what I've seen of the raid was great but all it does is further enforce how good the rest of the game could have been if they had bothered. Also the thought of having to get more gear to level up to 32 in the DLC just makes me not want to play the DLC.

If they added an ability to let say merge your current gear with new gear, so that you wouldn't lose a level, when you switch to new armour it wouldn't be so bad, but as it stands, if you want to get to level 32, you have to get the new armour and then lose a level or 2 while you upgrade the new armour. It just sounds like more of a grind, where you have to take a step backward, every time you want to take a step forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

wes wrote: »
    If they added an ability to let say merge your current gear with new gear, so that you wouldn't lose a level, when you switch to new armour it wouldn't be so bad, but as it stands, if you want to get to level 32, you have to get the new armour and then lose a level or 2 while you upgrade the new armour. It just sounds like more of a grind, where you have to take a step backward, every time you want to take a step forward.

That re-leveling up the armor would be less of a pain if you could dismantle your current fully upgraded armor and get lots of shards out of it (and spirit blooms or whatever you use to upgrade it).

I have never tried dismantling fully upgraded armor but I have the feeling you will only get a few shards of it... which is bad considering I used over 30 to get to my current level... more if it was an exotic

It would be fine if they just patch spirit bloom/relic iron/spin metal etc out of the game altogether, spending an hour running in circles is not my idea of fun, or at least make it so you can buy the materials from someone in the tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It would be fine if they just patch spirit bloom/relic iron/spin metal etc out of the game altogether, spending an hour running in circles is not my idea of fun, or at least make it so you can buy the materials from someone in the tower.

It's why I stopped upgrading, I can't be arsed collecting minerals. They should give clumps of them free in the Crucible, too.

Relic Iron is what's needed. If you go to Xur and hover over it in his inventory you should see an option to inspect, you can look at it yourself then. It only has less light than your current helmet because you need to upgrade it btw, might be worth taking a chance on the engram if you need armour too.

Yea but I don't have enough MOLs for the engram.

I've got my queens helm upgraded a good bit - don't want all of that just to be wasted time especially if I dismantle it and get fcuk all for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

wes wrote: »

I'd saw the new armour might keep you at level 30 or at most drop you to 29.
    Otherwise people will just not bother with it.

I also think it'd be a good idea to sell relic iron etc for 1000/1500 glimmer a piece. This would take a lot of the grindeness out of the game, and allow a like t more gamers to actually play strikes and raids etc. Itd also give us something to spend glimmer on other than ammo boxes.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's why I stopped upgrading, I can't be arsed collecting minerals. They should give clumps of them free in the Crucible, too.

Or you should be able to buy it!

What actually is the point in glimmer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement