Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It would be fine if they just patch spirit bloom/relic iron/spin metal etc out of the game altogether, spending an hour running in circles is not my idea of fun, or at least make it so you can buy the materials from someone in the tower.

Or at least give you more out of ever loot you find. Best I have seen was 10 relic iron and that was only once.

Otherwise it would be anywhere between 1 or 2. If it was 10-15 I wouldnt mind it so much, or even 5...

Would really love to see the option of buying them in the tower.

• Administrators Posts: 53,756 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Farming it takes ages too. Just driving around waiting on random spawns of relic iron and getting 1 piece at a time. Snore.

If they want us to farm it they should make it more abundant - it's far too sparse at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Yeah, the material farming is a pain, and its simply not fun at all. Letting us buy it make more sense, or just getting rid of it all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

emmetkenny wrote: »
    This would take a lot of the grindeness out of the game, and allow a like t more gamers to actually play strikes and raids etc.

Yeah, plus strikes and raids are actually fun, as opposed to wandering around a map looking for spirit bloom or whatever, which is just annoying.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The problem is the environments are so empty, I never minded looking for upgrade materials in other games because there was other stuff you could be doing while you did it like hunting or there would be the chance to discover new locations or npcs, you would end up gathering materials while playing the game without realising it. In this it's like having to go out to the shed to get a bucket of coal.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the real point of Glimmer is? Can't use it except for buying upgrades etc - I have a load of it that I can't seem to spend on anything.

Too many currencies in this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

Yeah the reality hit me in the face at lvl 27 having exotic armor and exotic weapon all that was left to do was to grind materials to upgrade and level up. The end game is just a brick wall probably buy Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor this weekend to tie me over till dlc/expansion release.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

awec wrote: »
    Anyone know what the real point of Glimmer is? Can't use it except for buying upgrades etc - I have a load of it that I can't seem to spend on anything.

Just seems to be a general currency, you can use it to buy emblems, shaders, ships, ammo etc. and it also gets used when you upgrade armour and weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

This.
    I'm only level 19 but I realised that you have crucible points vanguard points etc.

CptMackey wrote: »
    This.
    I'm only level 19 but I realised that you have crucible points vanguard points etc.

Yea.

I am guessing they are both there because Bungie felt having to gather two currencies would add longevity into the game, but really it's just annoying and a bit boring.

Join a faction whenever you can - I think the factions all use Crucible marks. Completing any type of bounty will increase your faction rank so it's the fastest way to be able to buy legendary armour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Yea.

I am guessing they are both there because Bungie felt having to gather two currencies would add longevity into the game, but really it's just annoying and a bit boring.

Join a faction whenever you can - I think the factions all use Crucible marks. Completing any type of bounty will increase your faction rank so it's the fastest way to be able to buy legendary armour.

Stupid question but how do you join factions?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You just buy their mark and equip it. Was playing for weeks before someone on here told me that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

You just have to buy and then equip an emblem/mark piece for that faction, then all your vanguard/crucible rep goes towards them.

Another waste of time IMO, factions seem tacked on as an afterthought with no real purpose. I reached Dead Orbit level 3 lastnight, got a legendary auto rifle as a reward which wasn't as good as the others I already had - and access to buy some armour/guns which again weren't that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    You just have to buy and then equip an emblem/mark piece for that faction, then all your vanguard/crucible rep goes towards them.

Another waste of time IMO, factions seem tacked on as an afterthought with no real purpose. I reached Dead Orbit level 3 lastnight, got a legendary auto rifle as a reward which wasn't as good as the others I already had - and access to buy some armour/guns which again weren't that good.

im about to hit vanguard level 3 myself. if it wasnt tied to an achievement I probably wouldnt have bothered. locking the stuff behind rep levels is stupid as well. I have the points, do you want to sell me the guns or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Fcuk sake, a fcukin poxy helmet that's only 1 light better than my queens guard helm! :mad:

I may be wrong, but raid armour and exotics are the only way to get max light (reach level 30). So you will need 4 pieces of raid armour or 3 pieces or raid armour and 1 exotic.

Again, I may be wrong so correct me if I am, but the raid helmet won't drop unless you do the raid in hard mode, so you are probably best picking an exotic helmet if you are not close to doing raid in hard mode yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah its ridiculous that there are 5 different currencies used in the Tower, Glimmer, Vanguard Marks, Crucible Marks, Motes of Light and Strange Coins.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You just buy their mark and equip it. Was playing for weeks before someone on here told me that.

Ha, I did not know this, I thought you had to buy their cloak and equip it. Sweet, now I can have my raid cloak on all the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

As with most things in the game, it feels Bungie has managed to bungle in the worst parts of FPS and RPG games together. A shame, because I thought it had a lot of potential (and because I bought it digitally, so no reselling it :() but I have to agree with what others have posted. Level 22 and I'm bored, basically only doing PvP and even that is getting old.

Perhaps it's to do with too many currencies and factions as well - I find that after hours and hours of play I have very little to show for it. Oh, great I'm level 1 FWC and Vanguard now - I get a new banner that does nothing at all.

Yes, but being able to buy Legendary armour will be very useful for when you need ascendant shards for upgrading raid / exotic armour in future.
    Benzino wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but raid armour and exotics are the only way to get max light (reach level 30). So you will need 4 pieces of raid armour or 3 pieces or raid armour and 1 exotic.

Again, I may be wrong so correct me if I am, but the raid helmet won't drop unless you do the raid in hard mode, so you are probably best picking an exotic helmet if you are not close to doing raid in hard mode yet.

Yea you are right - there is no point in me wasting time upgrading the queens helm.

Yes, but being able to buy Legendary armour will be very useful for when you need ascendant shards for upgrading raid / exotic armour in future.

True, but most legendary armour items from Factions are about 120 Crucible marks IIRC? Which is a lot of grinding PVP matches and bounties

Saw this earlier, sums the game up nicely

jK4OFOy.jpg

I am bored of trying to get better shît :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Frustrating really, just got to level 3 Vanguard and Crucible at similar times but I got there having already gotten a few exotic and legendary guns so its an anti-climax as I no longer need the items I've just gotten the option to buy.

also once you hit 27/28 I'd recommend not upgrading any non-raid legendary armour, just save your materials for the raid stuff.

True, but most legendary armour items from Factions are about 120 Crucible marks IIRC? Which is a lot of grinding PVP matches and bounties

Saw this earlier, sums the game up nicely

jK4OFOy.jpg

I am bored of trying to get better shît :pac:

65 crucible marks is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Benzino wrote: »
    Ha, I did not know this, I thought you had to buy their cloak and equip it. Sweet, now I can have my raid cloak on all the time :)

Oops I think you do. It's the thing under the armour I meant. It's a mark for a Titan but I think it's the cloak thing for the Hunter, sorry.

Oh maybe it is 65 for armor, 120 for weapons?

I think that's correct.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Oops I think you do. It's the thing under the armour I meant. It's a mark for a Titan but I think it's the cloak thing for the Hunter, sorry.

Ah, no worries! They should have explained it in the game.

You probably looked at a helm, helms are 120, other armour 65 and weapons are 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If you're treating Crucible as a grind you're doing it wrong though, should be fun and like playing any other MP shooter..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Guys just about tonights raid (if it is tonight), I remember that on the last part before Atheon shows up and after we kill the first gatekeeper we were opening both gates at the same time but apparently this is not necessary and only makes things more difficult. So now I am not sure if you were aware of this and I wasnt suppose to open mine?

Apparently, the best way of doing this is opening the left gate first and then once the first relic is returned, and after the minotaurs sacrifice (after they spawn in the middle of the map) open the second gate (right one) and get the second relic.

This will mean that 4 people can go through the gates leaving two to defend the only open gate?

so was I suppose to open the gate or not?

Excuse me but I am a foreigner...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Don't know if I agree with that, considering the game has a whole inbuilt system of points and currency dedicated to PvP. I agree it should be fun and, often, it is - but the reward system is all off on it; it takes far too long to get anywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement