Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Have to say this game is losing me too. No interest in logging in anymore. There is just nothing to do except the raid and there are never really any of them running. Running the same strike over and over just does not cut it anymore. Time to pick up something else sadly, Shadow of Mordor I think. Might come back to this game in the future when they release more content.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

AdamD wrote: »
    If you're treating Crucible as a grind you're doing it wrong though, should be fun and like playing any other MP shooter..

I didn't say Crucible was a grind in general, but trying to earn rewards from factions is.

But while we're at it... the crucible isn't that fun, and I don't think that's because I'm doing it wrong. Essentially two gametypes on a very small choice of maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Guys just about tonights raid (if it is tonight), I remember that on the last part before Atheon shows up and after we kill the first gatekeeper we were opening both gates at the same time but apparently this is not necessary and only makes things more difficult. So now I am not sure if you were aware of this and I wasnt suppose to open mine?

Apparently, the best way of doing this is opening the left gate first and then once the first relic is returned, and after the minotaurs sacrifice (after they spawn in the middle of the map) open the second gate (right one) and get the second relic.

This will mean that 4 people can go through the gates leaving two to defend the only open gate?

so was I suppose to open the gate or not?

Excuse me but I am a foreigner...

We don't have to do that bit anymore. Now its just fight Atheon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

maximoose wrote: »
    I didn't say Crucible was a grind in general, but trying to earn rewards from factions is.

But while we're at it... the crucible isn't that fun, and I don't think that's because I'm doing it wrong. Essentially two gametypes on a very small choice of maps.
    I played the same map about 10 times yesterday on Control (which is my favourite). Popped in Battlefield 3, just for comparison and got through more games and more diversity of maps. That also reminds me, the time between Crucible matches is like an eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Can you only have one exotic weapon at a time?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ItsHoggie wrote: »

You can only equip one, same with armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ItsHoggie wrote: »

You can only equip one exotic weapon and one exotic piece of armour at a time but you can have loads of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I played the same map about 10 times yesterday on Control (which is my favourite). Popped in Battlefield 3, just for comparison and got through more games and more diversity of maps. That also reminds me, the time between Crucible matches is like an eternity.

The loading is crazy alright. Never had those problems on other fps. One of the good things about cod when I played was you got in a good few games on different maps over an hour or so. Maybe I'm just jaded with fps tho

• Administrators Posts: 53,756 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The fact that you can only have 1 exotic armour at a time would suggest that it's best to get the helm as they are usually the most expensive legendary items to buy with marks etc, and also you need to do VoG on hard to get the raid helm, yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    We don't have to do that bit anymore. Now its just fight Atheon.

That proves how lost I am... lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

awec wrote: »
    The fact that you can only have 1 exotic armour at a time would suggest that it's best to get the helm as they are usually the most expensive legendary items to buy with marks etc, and also you need to do VoG on hard to get the raid helm, yea?

Yeah, you need to do the raid on hard to get the helmet (and even then its RNG).

So by buying the helm for Xur, you are theoretically able to get level 30 capable armour much sooner as you won't need to wait until you are good enough for VoG on hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

65 crucible marks is it not?

120 marks for the helm. 65 for other armour.

So by buying the helm for Xur, you are theoretically able to get level 30 capable armour much sooner as you won't need to wait until you are good enough for VoG on hard.

Yeah, that's right. If you get the raid boots, gauntlets and chest piece and a exotic helmet you can get to level 30, that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Has anyone chanced buying the exotic engram from Xur?

I did it last week, and got an exotic helmet for my class, but again its RNG, so its down to luck.

At worst you'll get a bit of armour that you can keep for another character.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Is the weapon from Xur today worth it? Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I did today and got Lucky Raspberry chest. Would have dismantled if it had been for another class but I think I'll keep for now. Already got the exotic helm fully upgraded so don't need to equip for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I am one strange coin away from my first exotic piece of equipment. Completed the weekly for 3 coins on hard. Will the weekly at very hard be too difficult for level 25 characters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anybody else's interest in Destiny declining at a rapid rate???

Turned off the PS this morning mid bounty and I couldnt really care less now.

Time to jumping into something else for a few days.

Losing interest is one way to put it. Sitting down to play feels more like a chore than anything else for me at this stage. I had to push myself to turn it on the other night after I told a friend I'd do some strikes with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The lack of content is my biggest beef. I don't mind playing through stuff I've already run through but even then, there just isn't enough of it to keep me from getting bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Hey lads

Are we continuing the raid tonight?

Otherwise.. anyone up for the nightfall? (xbox1)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

W00t, just upgraded my rare sparrow to legendary:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

So Xbox live foils another attempt on Atheaons life......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thebag89 wrote: »
    So Xbox live foils another attempt on Atheaons life......

All your fault :P or so the lads were saying :D

Dam Bag won't clense us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So I've got to level 20. I'm now officially lost. YouTube tutorials here I come. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So I've got to level 20. I'm now officially lost. YouTube tutorials here I come. Lol

All it is from here on is levelling up your armour, shouldn't be too hard once I got to 20 I reached 24 in the space of a 2-3 hours by levelling my blue armour

It's annoying that Exotic bounties take up a bounty slot when they take forever to complete!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,338 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Question I've had recently is if you can stack the buff that Xur sells for weapon leveling with the xp gains that you get from bounty turn ins. Has anyone tested this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement