Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Question I've had recently is if you can stack the buff that Xur sells for weapon leveling with the xp gains that you get from bounty turn ins. Has anyone tested this?

It does apparently. Its recommended to use this when you are at the last part of a lvl 28 daily and have 5 bounties to turn in, then to do as many quick bounties as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Great, just realised the vanguard marks are capped at 200, don't want to think of the amount of marks I must have wasted.

Benzino wrote: »
    Great, just realised the vanguard marks are capped at 200, don't want to think of the amount of marks I must have wasted.

Ugh thats a pretty low limit seeing as you need 175 for a rare sparrow, which is the most expensive item for Vanguard marks. It then takes a further 23 strange coins to upgrade the rare sparrow to legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Ugh thats a pretty low limit seeing as you need 175 for a rare sparrow, which is the most expensive item for Vanguard marks. It then takes a further 23 strange coins to upgrade the rare sparrow to legendary.

Yeah very annoying. Was tempted to get the sparrow, but just brought Doctor Nope instead. Boy is that a fun gun to use, will drain the battery on your controller haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

W00t, just upgraded my rare sparrow to legendary:D.

Did the same myself today as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

The legendary sparrow is great for making yourself the biggest pain in the ass to hit in crucible with it's awesome side sweep. I reckon they will make an exotic sparrow with guns like the pikes at some stage, you would be everyone's best friend at public events in one of those (if anyone actually attended them that is).

Hotfix for next week
    Bungee wrote:
    Atheon

Next week's Hotfix is going to contain some fixes to the Atheon encounter.

• We've added "baby bumpers" to areas where players could knock Atheon out of the environment.
    • Knocking a boss off a ledge is a bug. We will seek to address bugs like these as quickly as possible.

The encounter goal for Atheon is to act as a climax and the culmination of learning for a given Raid group. Part of that is making sure that each player in your group can perform every job as required. A change will take effect next week which fixes a bug with Atheon's target selection. When using its Timestream ability, Atheon will select 3 players at random, instead of choosing the three players furthest from it.

Everyone better get some experience on both home and away teams with that alteration to the Atheon battle, but he should also be slightly quicker to kill seeing as everyone can go up front to attack him during Times Vengence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,338 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

It does apparently. Its recommended to use this when you are at the last part of a lvl 28 daily and have 5 bounties to turn in, then to do as many quick bounties as possible.

Excellent, have to go grab some then. Finally got a legendary void drop, The Swarm today, so want to get that leveled up to make the Raid easier. Between that and a maxed Gjallarhorn, I think I would be in a good place.

Now, I just need to get some Raid gear...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Gandalph wrote: »
    The legendary sparrow is great for making yourself the biggest pain in the ass to hit in crucible with it's awesome side sweep. I reckon they will make an exotic sparrow with guns like the pikes at some stage, you would be everyone's best friend at public events in one of those (if anyone actually attended them that is).

I don't think I've seen a public event without a couple of other players.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can't say I like the idea of that hot fix, getting rid of the glitch is fair enough but I don't get the idea behind changing the teleport mechanic. One of the things I enjoy about the raid is everyone having a specific role in the team and coordinating with each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Can't say I like the idea of that hot fix, getting rid of the glitch is fair enough but I don't get the idea behind changing the teleport mechanic. One of the things I enjoy about the raid is everyone having a specific role in the team and coordinating with each other.

I agree. Its hard enough to get into a good routine when you know what job you have but now it'll be chaos for noobs when they could be outside one minute and teleported the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Well lads, the problem with the raid is we are not doing it the way bungie want it done. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone not able to log in on PS4?

Getting a Destiny servers not available message and my internet seems very good today... :/

EDIT : Just got a Use Of User Generated Media is not allowed for your account error WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Mickeroo wrote: »

I'm kinda torn with it. I'm all for making content harder but it does eliminate the job roles as you specified. My main concern is the relic, as 90% of people have no idea how to use it and get flattened by the minotaur on venus. I don't think I have ever been outside the portal on that phase, would struggle to tell you what supplicant even look like :L

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The green ones on destinypublicevents.com always work for me even when I'm just there on my own. :cool:

Fieldog wrote: »
    Anyone not able to log in on PS4?

Getting a Destiny servers not available message and my internet seems very good today... :/

EDIT : Just got a Use Of User Generated Media is not allowed for your account error WTF?
    Signing out of psn and then back in usually fixes that problem.

Signing out of psn and then back in usually fixes that problem.

Now it won't let me sign back in to PSN at all....

Hope LizardSquad ain't up to their antics.... :/

That happened to me once too. Had to reset my password to sign back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Is it a UPC issue? Did you try setting the dns to Google?

That happened to me once too. Had to reset my password to sign back in.

Already did that believe it or not, can sign in and out of PSN on my phone no problem

Have rebooted my router several times, factory reset it, stuck the PS4 in the DMZ, going to try putting the Google DNS into the PS4 now...

I'm on magnet and recently got new firmware on the router which has been great up until today...

Was able to play fine roughly thus time yesterday with no issues....

Getting a NW-31456-9 error when I go to sign in...

Next step is deleting my profile but it says I lose all my screenshots and videos on my HD so I'm hesitant to do that ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Already did that believe it or not, can sign in and out of PSN on my phone no problem

Have rebooted my router several times, factory reset it, stuck the PS4 in the DMZ, going to try putting the Google DNS into the PS4 now...

I'm on magnet and recently got new firmware on the router which has been great up until today...

Was able to play fine roughly thus time yesterday with no issues....

Getting a NW-31456-9 error when I go to sign in...

Next step is deleting my profile but it says I lose all my screenshots and videos on my HD so I'm hesitant to do that ..

Did the nat change with the firmware update perhaps? Do an Internet test in the ps4 and see what it says

cdb wrote: »
    Did the nat change with the firmware update perhaps? Do an Internet test in the ps4 and see what it says

Don't think it did, as I got the firmware about 2 weeks ago with no issues at all with it since, in fact the new router firmware greatly sorted a lot of random disconnects we were getting....

After about 3 hours of constant no connection it just started working, I suspect the ISP is at fault to be honest, they are not all that reliable, after about the 7th factory reset it just worked...

Weird though as it was working fine on my phone, laptops and standard connection to PSN with no problem, just no online gaming, everything is default now and its back in action...

I'm not touching it!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone else getting really bad lag on the crucible today?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Thank Christ Salvage is back, best game mode by a country mile, I don't get the logic in not having all of the playlists there permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

AdamD wrote: »
    Thank Christ Salvage is back, best game mode by a country mile, I don't get the logic in not having all of the playlists there permanently.

Is there much of a difference between Salvage and Control though?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is there much of a difference between Salvage and Control though?

Yeah its very similar to headquarters on cod. Just played Asylum on Salvage, never played that map before, wierd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Guaranteed every 30 minutes in Mothyards on the hour and half hour and also every 30 minutes in The Divide on 15 and 45 minutes past the hour. Sometimes they might be a minute or two early or late but they always run no matter if it's just you or others are around.

Yeah back when Salvage was last on. Myself, a friend and a randomer stuck together and dominated. get 3 friends with good communication and you'll easily dominate on it, it's good craic! :D

bucks73 wrote: »
    Guaranteed every 30 minutes in Mothyards on the hour and half hour and also every 30 minutes in The Divide on 15 and 45 minutes past the hour. Sometimes they might be a minute or two early or late but they always run no matter if it's just you or others are around.

I actually never noticed that. I just always go with the green events on the website but never took note of the time. Good to know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I actually never noticed that. I just always go with the green events on the website but never took note of the time. Good to know :D

Comes in very handy for the three event bounty as you can do them quickly or the walker bounty as it's always the walker in the Divide.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement