Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Good to see you got it sorted Fieldog.

After 2 weeks at 24, I got a legendary engram for gauntlets earlier from Crucible. Monitor Gauntlets for my Titan. Get in. Then later I got a strange coin in Crucible that took me to 13 of them and I got my exotic chest piece! All legendary and exotic apart from helmet and guns now and level 26 in a day. Time to grind out materials now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Good to see you got it sorted Fieldog.

After 2 weeks at 24, I got a legendary engram for gauntlets earlier from Crucible. Monitor Gauntlets for my Titan. Get in. Then later I got a strange coin in Crucible that took me to 13 of them and I got my exotic chest piece! All legendary and exotic apart from helmet and guns now and level 26 in a day. Time to grind out materials now :pac:

RNJesus, oh holy son of god, please help me in my quest for greatness!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone interested in doing the Weekly Nightfall on PSN?

Gandalph wrote: »
    RNJesus, oh holy son of god, please help me in my quest for greatness!

:pac:

Missed out on all the Queen's Wrath stuff and farming at the start due to work so I'll take what I can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Generally don't quit in the middle of strikes but I was trying to do my 'complete any strike without dying' bounty and one of my fireteam managed to somehow splatter me with an interceptor, big middle finger to that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gandalph wrote: »
    Generally don't quit in the middle of strikes but I was trying to do my 'complete any strike without dying' bounty and one of my fireteam managed to somehow splatter me with an interceptor, big middle finger to that!

Had that happen before.

Was doing that bounty myself last night on Devils Lair with randoms. One quit out when he died on the walker, and the other camped in a safe place leaving me to deal with it by myself.

He tried to do the same for Sepkis Prime hiding at the gold chest, needless to say he got wiped out, serves him right for trying to get the bounty without doing anything :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Cheesed Atheon on hard, got the raid helmet and a ship...beats shards/energies

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Best gun to buy from Crucible?

AdamD wrote: »
    Best gun to buy from Crucible?

Currently either the Suros Regime or the Pocket Infinity exotics. You can get the Pocket Infinity from an exotic bounty, the Suros is currently unavailable for purchase but can be gotten from RNJesus opening a raid chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Currently either the Suros Regime or the Pocket Infinity exotics. You can get the Pocket Infinity from an exotic bounty, the Suros is currently unavailable for purchase but can be gotten from RNJesus opening a raid chest.

I have the Suros. I mean which gun is best that can be bought from the crucible quartermaster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anybody know where the cheapest place to buy the dlc is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,338 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Got another exotic bounty option, same crap 3 as before. Sigh, deleting...

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Anybody know where the cheapest place to buy the dlc is ?

XBL or PSN €35/$35/£35 for the expansion pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

XBL or PSN €35/$35/£35 for the expansion pass.

When is it out?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

December isn't it?

Expansion pass is already available. The first dlc pack The Deep Below is available in December.

• Administrators Posts: 53,756 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Finally got to 26 tonight after being stuck at 25 for about 10 days. Hopefully getting to 27 won't take as long - just need a few upgrades on armour.

awec wrote: »
    Finally got to 26 tonight after being stuck at 25 for about 10 days. Hopefully getting to 27 won't take as long - just need a few upgrades on armour.

Yeah, I'm halfway through level 26, having got there last night, and haven't done a whole pile today. You will have collected loads of the mats already so the first few bits of levelling is handy. The shards are another matter. Have 12 right now and don't know what to use them on first.

RNGesus blessed me again, PBUH. Heavy weapon engram, got The Culling. First legendary weapon. Looks mental but unstable, anybody tried it? Any good?

• Administrators Posts: 53,756 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I wouldn't waste shards on anything but armour that's capable of getting you to level 30.

I have an exotic helm, FWC shoulders and legs and queens wrath chest. I'm 6 light short of 27 so will upgrade the two faction items a few times using just normal mats to hopefully get to 27 (the faction armour I have is still just at it's base level).

Then do the raid and get raid armour.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, I'm halfway through level 26, having got there last night, and haven't done a whole pile today. You will have collected loads of the mats already so the first few bits of levelling is handy. The shards are another matter. Have 12 right now and don't know what to use them on first.

RNGesus blessed me again, PBUH. Heavy weapon engram, got The Culling. First legendary weapon. Looks mental but unstable, anybody tried it? Any good?

I have the culling, I don't like the low stability but its still decent. Large clip and a high fire rate, it's my only decent void weapon too. Zombie apocalypse is my go to machine gun though, has practically no recoil.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I have the culling, I don't like the low stability but its still decent. Large clip and a high fire rate, it's my only decent void weapon too. Zombie apocalypse is my go to machine gun though, has practically no recoil.

The Thunderlord is my new favorite LMG for PvP. Fantastic range, great stability, low RoF that increases the longer the trigger is held, kills in 5-6 shots.

Came across someone with the Mythocast in PvP earlier. Its still obscenely powerful despite the large nerf.

Yeah, tried it out and it's all over the shop. Like a shotgun for close quarters though. Maybe with the rodeo upgrade etc, it'll be a bit more predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

got a legendary sniper rifle from hitting level 3 in vanguard over the weekend. - The exodus plan i think its called, hits hard but the zoom is a bit too extreme for my liking coupled with the massive recoil. hopefully when i unlock some of the other scopes it might make it a bit more manageable.
    I'm only 8 points away from getting the "valourous" achievement as well. looking forward to unlocking that one, going to try for "notorious" over the course of the week to come. with a bit of luck I should also hit the "suited for war", "fully weaponized" and "excessive force" shortly as well.

If I can hit those, and then complete the raid, I'll be putting the game to one side for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got a Legendary Fusion Rifle in a drop over the weekend. Its called 77 Wizard but it doesn't really seem all that useful. It is nice and powerful but it has a very long recharge cycle and only holds four shots before it needs a reload.

A little disappointing when you consider how few Legendary drops you find.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

You should try corrective measure, best void machine gun I have seen so far. It just destroys everything. Was great for killing the captains on this week's nightly. They were gone in just a few seconds. You can kill two Praetorians with one extended clip from the distance. Pretty handy in the VoG.

I also have the Thunderlord and the zombie apocalypse, pretty good as well but IMO nowhere close to the corrective measure. Although I have to try both of them with them praetorians...

It is fully upgraded as well so it can hold 100 rounds out of 300 in total, medium to high fire rate, great gun in general, one of my favorites so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

So decided to have a go at killing Atheon on my own last night with my titan. Two grenades and straight off the cliff he went. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

thebag89 wrote: »
    So decided to have a go at killing Atheon on my own last night with my titan. Two grenades and straight off the cliff he went. :)

Yeah... I did that twice on Saturday, feels good to do it and you do save a few minutes of the total game. That's fixed tomorrow though.

I will be running the raid and nightly again this week, starting the raid on normal and then moving up to hard. I will be again doing it with all my 3 classes (titan, hunter and warlock) so if anyone is interested let me know.

GT is on my signature!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

I was in a game yesterday - a strike - the one where you wind up killing Phogoth. Anyway the two other players in my team - randomers the system paired me with were not exactly playing the game as normal, strange behaviour, something seemed off. When we got to the level with Phogoth, the usual insanity never happened. The in game creatures just stood there waiting to be shot. The other two had a great time shooting everything and gathering drops. It was bizarre to watch.

I left the game. What's the point in playing a game where there is no challenge? Was this just a random glitch? or is it a hack that other players have met before?

If it's a hack I hope it's patched because the last thing I want is this game going the way of Cod etc.

SD

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only hit level 20 at the weekend. The game really doesn't do a good job of explaining what to do after level 20 thank god for the internet. Looks like I've a long way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thebag89 wrote: »

Fancy getting a team together tonight to try a speed run at the VOG ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement