Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You need to equip legendary/exotic armour and rank it up to level up. One exotic and 3 Raid armour fully ranked will get you to level 30.

Equip armour with a light rating, which start with high level blue pieces and max with the Exotic and Raid pieces that only drop or can be decrypted when you hit level 20.

You can max at level 25 with all blues, 28 with purples, 29 with an exotic and purples or 30 with 3raid/1exotic or all raid armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Anyone up for the Weekly Heroic? I've been stuck on lvl 26 for a week now and soloing isn't cutting it. Sake...

[edit] PSN is xACRITASx. Vital piece of info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

acri wrote: »
    Anyone up for the Weekly Heroic? I've been stuck on lvl 26 for a week now and soloing isn't cutting it. Sake...

[edit] PSN is xACRITASx. Vital piece of info there.

Woud love to help but now I can't log into the game, getting zebra for over 1 h now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Bohrio wrote: »
    Woud love to help but now I can't log into the game, getting zebra for over 1 h now

Ah flip. Any time I get a group to join my fire team, they bail when the going gets tough. Cowards! Or maybe it's a connection issue, I don't know. Aaand and it's happened again. Back to the Tower we go...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Bohrio wrote: »

It could be something to do with the update. Is it already out?
    They might be booting people in order to apply it.

• Advertisement

acri wrote: »
    Ah flip. Any time I get a group to join my fire team, they bail when the going gets tough. Cowards! Or maybe it's a connection issue, I don't know. Aaand and it's happened again. Back to the Tower we go...

Its a connection issue affecting all European users on all platforms.

I thought the same as well but I got kicked twice today (2 strikes 2 disconnects) and now I can't even log in

They are apparently looking into it

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/73828993/0/0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Can you equip an exotic weapon at the same time as a piece of exotic armour?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Can you equip an exotic weapon at the same time as a piece of exotic armour?

Yes, but only 1 of each

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Cormac... wrote: »
    Nice avatar btw :D

Sorry I couldn't resist :L

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Cheesed atheon again there on hard because the patch isn't live yet*, got the ship and helmet again >:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ZeeBeez94

Lvl 26 Hunter looking to do a raid add ZeeBeez94

ZeeBeez94 wrote: »
    Lvl 26 Hunter looking to do a raid add ZeeBeez94

Are you in the Clan:
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

I just requested to join.

swe3nytodd lvl 27 Hunter. (Xbox 360)

Please and thankyou.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,632 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

On level 28 with fully upgraded exotic helm, and normal legendary chest and gauntlets. Have two defence upgrades left for boots, if I upgrade the boots I'll get to level 29. Is there any point though? Should I try and get in on a raid and look for armour from that instead?

On level 28 with fully upgraded exotic helm, and normal legendary chest and gauntlets. Have two defence upgrades left for boots, if I upgrade the boots I'll get to level 29. Is there any point though? Should I try and get in on a raid and look for armour from that instead?

It's kind of a tricky one, you can't get level 30 without raid gear, yet you can't do the Hard Raid on anything below level 29 IMHO, so you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. If you are willing to try this weeks raid 1st on Normal, see if you get a Raid Armour drop, if you do, upgrade that to high hell, if you don't just upgrade your current gear. You'll still need to farm shards regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Myself and Porphyrlon looking for one more to complete daily and maybe more after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Im in the same boat. Iv 20 shards in the bank waiting to be spent, and armor slots waiting to be upgraded.

Hold out for the raid gear? Or take the plunge, max out the legendarys and farm more shards later?

What did everyone else do at this point?

Im in the same boat. Iv 20 shards in the bank waiting to be spent, and armor slots waiting to be upgraded.

Hold out for the raid gear? Or take the plunge, max out the legendarys and farm more shards later?

What did everyone else do at this point?

You're only gonna get to put your faith in RNJesus once a week in the raid. Run the raid an if you get armour from it, prioritise that, if not, either have another weeks patience or start upgrading your Helm 1st, as apparently Raid Helms are only available on Hard mode

You're only gonna get to put your faith in RNJesus once a week in the raid. Run the raid an if you get armour from it, prioritise that, if not, either have another weeks patience or start upgrading your Helm 1st, as apparently Raid Helms are only available on Hard mode

You can get to lvl 30 using an exotic Helm though, so its just everything else I need.

Would you believe I still haven't finished the raid yet? Every time im in a group that gets to Atheon, real life interrupts. Surely this week Il clear it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Myself and Porphyrlon looking for one more to complete daily and maybe more after.

I'll be on shortly. Would like to do the weekly nightfall if you haven't done it ?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,756 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You need to equip legendary/exotic armour and rank it up to level up. One exotic and 3 Raid armour fully ranked will get you to level 30.

At level 20 rares will do. It's unlikely that someone at level 20 will have the opportunity to get much legendary / exotic stuff, except if they are very lucky with drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone doing the raid on ps4 tonight?

Add doyier if you need one

• Administrators Posts: 53,756 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Summoning pits is the hardest strike of all IMO.

awec wrote: »
    Summoning pits is the hardest strike of all IMO.

Agreed, must try that new cheese spot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,338 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Finally finished the Nightfall, and the Weekly. Ugh.

If you have Gjallarhorn with the Wolfpack rounds, that's your ticket to deal with the pesky Wizards that spawn with the 3rd wave. Took them down right sharpish. Everything else fairly straightforward, take your time and pick off the Knights and other trash spawn.

For Phogoth, I stayed in the room before the last room ( where you enter the arena), sneaking forward to get off a couple of shots with Patience & Time, then retreating. You can go in to the right corner of the 2nd room and shoot him through the gap then, going forward to kite him back to where he can be shot from the 2nd room. When mobs come just pick them off. I am a Hunter, so the Invisibilty perk is invaluable for scouting out the enemies position and picking up ammo.

Ended up getting the Monte Carlo, which I have already. Free Ascendant energy :P

For the weekly, I went to the rock spot instead, as the penalty for failure isn't a boot to orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Agreed, must try that new cheese spot though.

Nothing new about that, Gandalph and I used that method for the Thorn Strike a few weeks ago, which is easily the hardest normal strike in the game due to having the Epic modifier on and no burns to help increase damage.

Nothing new about that, Gandalph and I used that method for the Thorn Strike a few weeks ago, which is easily the hardest normal strike in the game due to having the Epic modifier on and no burns to help increase damage.

New to me, just read it here today. Never had need of it before I guess, will be handy for the nightfall now though.

• Advertisement

It's kind of a tricky one, you can't get level 30 without raid gear, yet you can't do the Hard Raid on anything below level 29 IMHO, so you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. If you are willing to try this weeks raid 1st on Normal, see if you get a Raid Armour drop, if you do, upgrade that to high hell, if you don't just upgrade your current gear. You'll still need to farm shards regardless

Best way to do it is to play it with a team of 29/30s.

That's how I got my raid helmet on my 27 warlock (on hard).

You can run the raid in normal if you are level 26/27 without a problem as long as your team knows what they are doing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement