Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Best way to do it is to play it with a team of 29/30s.

That's how I got my raid helmet on my 27 warlock (on hard).

You can run the raid in normal if you are level 26/27 without a problem as long as your team knows what they are doing.

You running the nightfall tonight? I'll be on around 7 for an hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You running the nightfall tonight? I'll be on around 7 for an hour or so

Heya

Yes, I need to run it on my hunter class and its only a 27 so I will need help!!!

Its a hard one I have to say but that cheese spot makes it all possible!! :)

be around all evening probably

Heya

Yes, I need to run it on my hunter class and its only a 27 so I will need help!!!

Its a hard one I have to say but that cheese spot makes it all possible!! :)

be around all evening probably

Sounds good. I'm 29 now so should be ok. You on about the middle room where you can snipe from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Got Toland's bounty last night. Anyone have any thoughts on the pulse rifle that it rewards?

Sounds good. I'm 29 now so should be ok. You on about the middle room where you can snipe from ?

Yes

Only place I can be as I am one shot one kill by everyone

• Advertisement

Yes

Only place I can be as I am one shot one kill by everyone

I'll wrap you in my Titan shield and you will be safe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Got The Devil You Know hand cannon fron RNGesus yesterday. Unfortunately I am absolutely atrocious at using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got Toland's bounty last night. Anyone have any thoughts on the pulse rifle that it rewards?

If it's a pulse rifle I'm fairly sure it's Bad JuJu, which isn't supposed to be great. Hmmmm, that said it's got a couple of interesting upgrades. Fires in Full auto and reloads instantly. Now want! I have the bounty but haven't played much PvP.

Have to say I'm quite underwhelmed by Pocket Infinity. 3 Bullets in the mag and doesn't seem too powerful. Have yet to fully rank it up though.

The Ice Breaker is the gun for PvE imo. I also really like Red Death.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll wrap you in my Titan shield and you will be safe ;)

Creepy :p

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If it's a pulse rifle I'm fairly sure it's Bad JuJu, which isn't supposed to be great. Hmmmm, that said it's got a couple of interesting upgrades. Fires in Full auto and reloads instantly. Now want! I have the bounty but haven't played much PvP.
    hm. i'm interested now too!

The Ice Breaker is the gun for PvE imo. I also really like Red Death.

Ugh. The shotgun (can't remember the name) fills me with rage in PvP - it's far too op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Exotic bounties are a waste of time imo, by the time you've done it you'll already have the guns you need in all likelihood.

• Administrators Posts: 53,756 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have Tolands bounty too - the 25 strikes doesn't sound appealing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

awec wrote: »
    I have Tolands bounty too - the 25 strikes doesn't sound appealing.

The weekly strikes count as 2 or 3 towards that, still a grind but not quite as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

hm. i'm interested now too!

Ugh. The shotgun (can't remember the name) fills me with rage in PvP - it's far too op.

Got the bounty for that but not made much progress, the raid shotgun is good as well and I tend to use that.

I really wish it didn't take up a standard bounty slot. :(

Oh and remember we have the raid tonight at around 8?

Is everyone still up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Oh and remember we have the raid tonight at around 8?

Is everyone still up for it?

Hard mode?

Hard mode?

hehehe

We can certainly try but not with my hunter class, I could try with my titan or warlock, both are 28 (probably 29 by the end of the day)

Hard mode?

I think I'll have to give it a miss this evening. Can only stay online until around 7.30 then have to head back to work for a bit.

Want to give me a porphy a hand with the nightfall failsafe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I think I'll have to give it a miss this evening. Can only stay online until around 7.30 then have to head back to work for a bit.

Want to give me a porphy a hand with the nightfall failsafe ?
    Yes, what time?

• Advertisement

Yes, what time?

Start around 7 ? Maybe a little earlier ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Guys don't bother with your Toland's Legacy bounty as Bad Juju is probably the worst exotic on the market, you might as well be firing marshmallows at your target and the instant reload is horrible to get use to. It's the first weapon I maxed out and I am sorry I did as I haven't touched it since.

Just maxed out my Vex Mythoclast, for supposedly the most prestigious gun in the game, it's pretty sh1t. The large magazine and solar damage is the only thing keeping me interested along with the fact bungie said they will buff it again, but at the moment it's not worth the exotic space in your load-out.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Guys don't bother with your Toland's Legacy bounty as Bad Juju is probably the worst exotic on the market, you might as well be firing marshmallows at your target and the instant reload is horrible to get use to. It's the first weapon I maxed out and I am sorry I did as I haven't touched it since.

Just maxed out my Vex Mythoclast, for supposedly the most prestigious gun in the game, it's pretty sh1t. The large magazine and solar damage is the only thing keeping me interested along with the fact bungie said they will buff it again, but at the moment it's not worth the exotic space in your load-out.
    Thanks - I play mostly PvP and currently use a blue auto rifle which has done me good service. Any purple/yellow auto rifles I should be looking out for or a pulse/scout with a decent fire rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Thanks - I play mostly PvP and currently use a blue auto rifle which has done me good service. Any purple/yellow auto rifles I should be looking out for or a pulse/scout with a decent fire rate?

I got the Atheons Epilogue auto rifle from the Vault of Glass last night. Only tried quickly in 1 PVP before bed but seems alright!

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Atheon's_Epilogue

Suros Regime is a good yellow auto rifle for both PvP and PvE. I have the Mida Multi-Tool yellow scout rifle, finding it great for PvE but muck in PvP, but then I'm not used to scout rifles for PvP at all so I could be way off on that.

Start around 7 ? Maybe a little earlier ?

This weeks strike is hard, so we might start at around 6.30 if possible just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Suros Regime is the gun for pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I think it is entirely up to the person and their play-style, some people have X and Y, some prefer X, some prefer Y. I wouldn't worry about the rarity of your gun at all, to be honest my favourite auto rifle in pvp is my blue shenigan and I have just about every AR available. If you are running around the place like a mad man then I'd suggest something with a high rate of fire like the Atheon's Epilogue, or if you like to sit back then a low rate of fire with high stability is more appropriate, like Suros Regime. As for scout rifles I don't really know as I haven't tested that many of them because I am satisfied with my Vision of Confluence, and pulse rifles can just go do one because I think they are pants in pvp :D

This weeks strike is hard, so we might start at around 6.30 if possible just in case

I might be able to get on by then. If not I'll be on as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Gandalph wrote: »
    Guys don't bother with your Toland's Legacy bounty as Bad Juju is probably the worst exotic on the market

Thorn is the worst Exotic if you ask me, not that anyone did ask, but that's never stopped me offering my 3 cents anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement