Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Cormac... wrote: »
    Thorn is the worst Exotic if you ask me, not that anyone did ask, but that's never stopped me offering my 3 cents anyway

Thorn is somewhat viable for pvp, bad juju is not. Both are crap for pve but Thorn is probably still better.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Anyone up for weekly/nightfall tomorrow around 6?

PSN: DULTM8

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PRO TIP:
    So it looks like only the Relic bearer and one other should leave the portal 1st, while the 3rd person in the away team stays inside and shoots the final oracle.
    Meaning the 30 second timer will start with 5 instead of the 3 guardians on the outside, the only downside would be ensuring the 6th guardian is cleansed shortly enough before the shield bearer leaves the "away" planet (venus or mars) and is again classed shortly after the walk back into the vault.
    A trickier and riskier strategy then all 3 waiting to kill the 3rd Oracle and going through together, but the extra damage might be worth it:
    Also video shows some good strategy for Max tier Sunsingers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Thorn is the worst Exotic if you ask me, not that anyone did ask, but that's never stopped me offering my 3 cents anyway

im doing the thorn bounty now - Insert sad face here.

im doing the thorn bounty now - Insert sad face here.

What phase are you at? I'd bin it personally. I've found 2 hand cannons from drops that were as good (Timurs Lash - Purple - During Iron Banner and the Last Word - Exotic - After Nightfall)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Picked up two exotic guns from the criptarch after leveling him to lvl 8.

The Ice Breaker sniper rifle which is just awesome. The whole never run out of ammo thing is great.

And the Universal Remote primary shotgun. This however i dont like that much. Ill give it a go and try to fully upgrade it incase it gets better but ill not hold my breath. I just cant get into shotguns in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm at level 14 with that bollix and he's never given me an exotic :pac:

Edit, sorry, wrong context

What phase are you at? I'd bin it personally. I've found 2 hand cannons from drops that were as good (Timurs Lash - Purple - During Iron Banner and the Last Word - Exotic - After Nightfall)

Im on the crucible part with the void damage. last night was the first time I've rage quit a game in years. I just wasnt feeling it, one minute I'd get a five kill streak, the next thing its spawn die, spawn die.

Dying to a super can make you feel incredibly hard done by at times.

I've never gotten anything good from a cryptarch bonus and I've never seen a legendary engram drop "in the wild"

I'm 2 spirit bloom and some relic Iron away from level 28, and I couldn't even muster up the enthusiasm to do that :mad:

Im on the crucible part with the void damage. last night was the first time I've rage quit a game in years. I just wasnt feeling it, one minute I'd get a five kill streak, the next thing its spawn die, spawn die.

Dying to a super can make you feel incredibly hard done by at times.

I've never gotten anything good from a cryptarch bonus and I've never seen a legendary engram drop "in the wild"

I'm 2 spirit bloom and some relic Iron away from level 28, and I couldn't even muster up the enthusiasm to do that :mad:

Bin the bounty, hit level 28 and start trying the Raids and Nightfalls

Except this weeks Nightfall, which is terribly hard

• Advertisement

Bin the bounty, hit level 28 and start trying the Raids and Nightfalls

Except this weeks Nightfall, which is terribly hard

Yeah, maybe I'll give it a go, or maybe I'll take a little break from it for a while. I'm just tiring a little of the grind / reward ratio. If there was a bigger variety of quests / missions / bounties it might not make it so monotonous.

and even then , monotonous isnt the way to describe it The shooting mechanics are so so spot on, that the (PvE at least) always feels good, its just that theres not enough to do.

The cracks in the game are beginning to show now imo, The levels, whilst amazing looking, are utterly lifeless. and i'm surprised that no one mentions the sections that join each area - they're the equivalent of Mass Effect 1's elevators - and in recent days I've been riding my sparrow along only to come to a dead stop and a loading circle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

maximoose wrote: »

Combined across all characters I have him at about level 40 and never once been given an exotic, he is some scrooge alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gandalph wrote: »
    Combined across all characters I have him at about level 40 and never once been given an exotic, he is some scrooge alright!

The only time I have gotten an exotic from the Cryptarch is when I got an exotic engram from Xur. Of course it decrypted for another class.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

maximoose wrote: »

I couldnt believe it. Two purple engrams in the mail. Opened them and boom. A cracking sniper rifle and a half decent shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ok so we have a team

BeanBagJohnny
    Thebag
    Emmet (titian)
    Miju
    Failsafe
    Myself (porphyrion soon to be changed to something else as people cannot pronounce it!)

I know there will be more people interested so we might be able to create a second team?

As I said I will be running it with all my 3 classes, I have no life...

Ok so are we still up for tonight?

I know Emmet can't make it so we have an open slot

Whoelse can/cant?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

They'll either have to add bigger maps to PVP or seriously nerf shotguns. Shotguns should be OHK from close range but the maps are set up in such a way that the choke points really favour close range.

Tried using the legendary Hand Cannon in PVP last night. 0.5 k/ds abound. Can't get used to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Did the raid run last night, how did it go guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody wanna do the raid this weekend or Friday evening on the PS4?

I'm looking for a group to do the raid this evening after 6:30 on PS3. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I can do it and probs get another, both lvl 28/29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I hit level 21 last night. Rather pleased with myself.

I'm still slogging through the story. I think i did a level 15 story last night. Kinda wondering when it'll end tbh. The lack of story has me completely disinterested in the story side of things. Just finishing it now for the sake of it.

On the plus side the crucible and strikes are such great fun.

The shooting mechanics of this game are quite simply amazing. So so so tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The shooting mechanics of this game are quite simply amazing. So so so tight.

It is probably the biggest saving grace the game has at this point.

So, hit lvl 26 last night, and picked up my first exotic bounty. Had a choice of Bad JuJu, Pocket Infinity and Super Good Advice. Based on the general consensus that Bad JuJu is Bad, and the fact that I don't really use Fusion Rifles, I went for Super Good Advice. It also seems to be the easiest of the three to actually finish.

From here on in, I'm going to need to start farming mats to progress in lvl's, and some how pick up ascendant shards, which probably means dipping my toes in to VoG. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Super Good Advice is supposed to have spectacular recoil.
    At least it will be funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Super Good Advice is supposed to have spectacular recoil.
    At least it will be funny :)

Ah well, looks like it can be mitigated in some respect, albeit with a penalty to either range (two different options, one of which is SIGNIFICANT) or impact. The Super Good Advice perk offsets it also to some degree (almost all shots that miss are returned to the magazine. 4/5 I think it is)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Are there many 360 users in the clan? Or is there way of telling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

logik wrote: »
    Did the raid run last night, how did it go guys?

Hey

No it didnt (or at least I didnt)

We will try again maybe tonight if they are up for it.

I still have to run it with my other 2 classes in normal and all 3 in hard mode

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hey

No it didnt (or at least I didnt)

We will try again maybe tonight if they are up for it.

I still have to run it with my other 2 classes in normal and all 3 in hard mode

I'm aiming to do the raid over the weekend - lvl 28 hunter, fire me a message if you're lookin got make up the numbers and I'm online.

AdamD wrote: »
    I can do it and probs get another, both lvl 28/29

Cool. My Psn is DULTM8

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It is probably the biggest saving grace the game has at this point.

So, hit lvl 26 last night, and picked up my first exotic bounty. Had a choice of Bad JuJu, Pocket Infinity and Super Good Advice. Based on the general consensus that Bad JuJu is Bad, and the fact that I don't really use Fusion Rifles, I went for Super Good Advice. It also seems to be the easiest of the three to actually finish.

From here on in, I'm going to need to start farming mats to progress in lvl's, and some how pick up ascendant shards, which probably means dipping my toes in to VoG. :eek:

You can get 4 ascendant materials per day by just getting gold tier on a public event and completing the daily on 28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Hvnt been able to connect the last 2 days. Keeps cancelling the 5mb update saying wasp. I dl it I really dont want to dl it all over again. Anyone else have this issue or is bungie aware of it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement