Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

cdb wrote: »
    24 strange coins in my vault and a long weekend☺
    Excellent

265681d1398449745t-what-whaa-positive-blackberry-mr-burns-excellent-1.jpg

Got my Warlock fully outfitted. Now I just need a ton of ascendant shards and energy. Back to the grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

I've only got 6. :( And one of those has to be spent on a 'Pristine Golden Age Ammunition Module'.

That for Super Good Advice? Did that bounty last week, the machine gun jumps around like a jackhammer, taking a LOT of taming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

redt0m wrote: »
    That for Super Good Advice? Did that bounty last week, the machine gun jumps around like a jackhammer, taking a LOT of taming.

It is yeah. Choice between that, Bad JuJu and Pocket Infinity. I rarely use fusion's so 'twas a choice of 2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

emmetkenny wrote: »
    HAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAPHHAHA YES FINALLY :D

My scrimping and saving has paid off :) I hadn't the coins to buy suros the first time round but I've 43 burning a hole in my pocket now :)
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    36 coins :)
    so happy I didn't buy that Rocket Launcher last week. Although for the Suros I'd have spent all night kicking Phogoth around the Summoning Pits for the necessary coins.
    cdb wrote: »
    24 strange coins in my vault and a long weekend☺
    Excellent

I hate you all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    I hate you all :P

I'm stuck in work fully expecting the PSN to collapse for 72 hours. One of my biggest regrets to date in Destiny was missing this gun by about a 1/2 an hour first time Xur was selling it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I'm short 3 SC for the SUROS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I'm short 3 SC for the SUROS :(

I'll sell you 3 SC for €30. Its a bargain at double the price ;)

Destiny: Now Officially a More Popular Thread than Dark Souls 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I seriously wish you didnt have to play MP to get those exotic bounties...

I just can't kill anyone

I shotgun a guy 3 times and knife him... he didnt die and while I was at it his team mate killed me with one shot

Oh and the guy wasn't playing, he was standing at the spawn

I have to do that 25 points KD thingie, I have played 10 games and I have a total of 2 points...

I hate multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Bohrio wrote: »

I just can't kill anyone

I shotgun a guy 3 times and knife him... he didnt die and while I was at it his team mate killed me with one shot

I have to do that 25 points KD thingie, I have played 10 games and I have a total of 2 points...

I hate multiplayer
    It takes a while to get in the swing of things tbf. I'm absolutely useless with the noob tube shotgun. I have a sweet auto rifle with good range and stability and you just aim for the head and pull the trigger.

• Advertisement

I just can't kill anyone

I hate multiplayer

You need to get a cumulative 25 K/D spread, which means you need to have a positive KDR.

So 8 kills and 6 deaths will net you 2 points. Best bet if you are crap at MP is a combo of camping, rush for Heavy Ammo, maybe even avoid conflict until you have super or grenade, hiding directly inside doorways etc. Play a strategic game basically.

Other option is join the ole Friday night crucible session we have on Boards PS4 clan. I wouldn't mind running a game of Rumble where you just grab your 25 kills off us (if we can get 4 others to agree to it), it wouldn't even take a full game, you could just leave the FT, the other 5 of us bounce back to Orbit, you would then win, and move onto the next phase of your bounty

Yeah MP can be disheartning. I prefer the PvE. I have three exotic bounties all stuck in MP stages- really because I don't play it more than anything else.
    I don't even need them it's the JuJu, the crappy hand cannon and a shotgun which I must admit I want.
    My OCD won't let me drop them and I will get them ..... eventually.

You need to get a cumulative 25 K/D spread, which means you need to have a positive KDR.

So 8 kills and 6 deaths will net you 2 points. Best bet if you are crap at MP is a combo of camping, rush for Heavy Ammo, maybe even avoid conflict until you have super or grenade, hiding directly inside doorways etc. Play a strategic game basically.

Other option is join the ole Friday night crucible session we have on Boards PS4 clan. I wouldn't mind running a game of Rumble where you just grab your 25 kills off us (if we can get 4 others to agree to it), it wouldn't even take a full game, you could just leave the FT, the other 5 of us bounce back to Orbit, you would then win, and move onto the next phase of your bounty

oh no... dont get me wrong, I know what I have to do but I just can't kill anyone, normally I am firing my suros, I put like 15 shots on the guy, he turns around, shots me 3 times and I am dead... and he is using my same gun...

On the good side I have done another 4 games and now I am up to 3... this is great, can't wait to play another game... can't wait for those wonderful spawn sites were I spawn and then 5 enemy players spawn beside me, or how good it feels when you are running around and this guy is sitting in the corner invisible waiting for your to walk by... you know what, I am gonna stop writting and go back again to play some more mp...

Sometimes they way I get killed its so pathetic that its even funny, like I empty an entire mag on a guy, he barely has 1/10 of life left, he runs away, chase him, I am about to get him and this guy from behind rockets the sh...t out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

oh no... dont get me wrong, I know what I have to do but I just can't kill anyone, normally I am firing my suros, I put like 15 shots on the guy, he turns around, shots me 3 times and I am dead... and he is using my same gun...

On the good side I have done another 4 games and now I am up to 3... this is great, can't wait to play another game... can't wait for those wonderful spawn sites were I spawn and then 5 enemy players spawn beside me, or how good it feels when you are running around and this guy is sitting in the corner invisible waiting for your to walk by... you know what, I am gonna stop writting and go back again to play some more mp...

Sometimes they way I get killed its so pathetic that its even funny, like I empty an entire mag on a guy, he barely has 1/10 of life left, he runs away, chase him, I am about to get him and this guy from behind rockets the sh...t out of me
    I find that I can quickly kill someone with my hunter by a throwing knife (if it's a headshot then it's a kill) then a few blasts of the auto-rifle. I'm sure many people are feeling the same as you like "I blasted him so many times!" but there are more ways to cause damage than just shooting!

I find that I can quickly kill someone with my hunter by a throwing knife (if it's a headshot then it's a kill) then a few blasts of the auto-rifle. I'm sure many people are feeling the same as you like "I blasted him so many times!" but there are more ways to cause damage than just shooting!

Yo are right, I got killed by strikers super, grenades, fireballs, and interestingly enough by a titan dome shield (didnt know you could die of that)...

Anyway I found a way around, I start a game, try to get as many kills as possible, when I get killed I look at the score (lets say I get 2 kills), so I would have 2 more points, then quit. If on the contrary, I get killed straight away, I leave and start again... now I am 5 points up,,, who is laughing now Bungie!

The other day I managed to sneak up on an invisible hunter. A few shots to the back of the head and a punch later, his body reappeared as it hit the floor.

I love sneaking up on invisible people.

If you are having trouble getting kills you need to change your tactics. If I am getting had at long range, I go in close, if they favour shotguns I hang back, if they charge down the map, I go around the side. Try to use weapons and tactics that put them off rather than play their game. Fight on your terms, never theirs.

now I am 5 points up,,, who is laughing now Bungie!

Me.....
    Cause you suck....
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

jk

Me.....
    Cause you suck....
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

jk

Yeah yeah... prove it!!! lol

and I am up to 9 points now! woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

After battling Phogoth for about an hour I finally got it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Other option is join the ole Friday night crucible session we have on Boards PS4 clan. I wouldn't mind running a game of Rumble where you just grab your 25 kills off us (if we can get 4 others to agree to it)

If I get on tonight I'd be willing to help out with that plan

• Advertisement

The other day I managed to sneak up on an invisible hunter. A few shots to the back of the head and a punch later, his body reappeared as it hit the floor.

I love sneaking up on invisible people.

If you are having trouble getting kills you need to change your tactics. If I am getting had at long range, I go in close, if they favour shotguns I hang back, if they charge down the map, I go around the side. Try to use weapons and tactics that put them off rather than play their game. Fight on your terms, never theirs.

I have tried all tatics, so far only rocket launchers are supers seem to do the trick. I havent been able to kill anyone yet with a sniper rifle, once I hit a guy twice but I barely took any of his shields down.

I can't shoot anyone from the distance either because they can kill me with 2-3 shots and I need over 20.

Shutguns is not an option, it takes 3-4 shots from very close to kill anyone. Once I remember shotting a guy 6 times and only taking 1/5 of his shield...

I have tried all tatics, so far only rocket launchers are supers seem to do the trick. I havent been able to kill anyone yet with a sniper rifle, once I hit a guy twice but I barely took any of his shields down.

I can't shoot anyone from the distance either because they can kill me with 2-3 shots and I need over 20.

Shutguns is not an option, it takes 3-4 shots from very close to kill anyone. Once I remember shotting a guy 6 times and only taking 1/5 of his shield...

Maybe play control and if you have a super or rocket launcher go to the point they are trying to take and incinerate two or three at a time?

Maybe play control and if you have a super or rocket launcher go to the point they are trying to take and incinerate two or three at a time?

I was actually thinking doing that, I wonder if I can use the ammo packs I get in the tower.

It is going to be the only option, I am 1 shot one kill for most people, 2 shots for everyone else.

I will report back

edit: nah, doesnt work, I have to wait until I get ammo to do that, that means trying to survive for a few minutes without getting killed which is just not possible

Right PS4 People:

Having several chat rooms is not working.
    We had/have had:
    <lvl20, 20+, 23+, 26+ and 29+
    Thats 5 rooms.
    Basically almost all PS4 players now have hit level 20, so there is no need for a Pre Level 20 chat (also everything <lvl20 has matchmaking)
    Also, there is very little difference between the lvl 20+ and lvl 23+ chat
    And very little difference between the lvl 26+ and lvl 29+ chat
    Several of the rooms have gone completely dead due to players only posting in the "highest level" room they are in.
    These means that the 20-30 new people we've had join in the last fortnight are not engaging as it's becoming "cliquey".

So to make everything more open, fair, engaging, social and fair. I'm going to reduce the set up to 2 chat rooms.
    What I'm proposing is
    1) Lvl 20 - Lvl 28 (about 60% of players)
    2) Lvl 28+ (about 40% of players)
    28 seems like a better "cut off" point than 26 (due to Nightfalls)
    If you're looking to schedule Raids, may i suggest once you have a couple of "Yes" replies you set up a dedicated chat like I do every week.

Example:
    "Cormac has created 'Raid Chat 28/10/14' and add XXX, YYY and ZZZ"
    "Right guys we just need 2 more, what time suits most of you?"

Internal Raid Scheduling is taking up too much space in the main chat rooms IMHO.
    Once you have a couple of definates, try and move internal chats to a separate "chat room"
    Setting up a chat room is EXTREMELY easy both in the App and the PS4 Dash.
    Myself and the core 10 or so player I play with regularly do this and it works a treat.
    You can of course still use the main chat rooms as "call-outs" for your Raids.
    Example "We have 2 spots left in our Raid Party for 9pm Tomorrow, 2st come 1st served"

We had about 5 teams run the raid this week and internal raid chat is clogging up the chat rooms.
    No offense to anyone and this is not directed and anyone in particular.
    I just think we can utilise this functionality better.

I feel like we genuinely have a really active, fun, supportive, fair, equal clan where there is a place for everyone and everyone is in their place.

So you should all start receiving messages from me shortly that I have added you to the new chat.
    If I add you and you don't want to receive notifications (maybe you've moved onto some other game and will return when DLC drops in December)
    Feel free to leave chat, no hard feelings, no animosity, and you can rejoin whenever (just private message me on PS4).

I'm probably going to need to post this message a couple of times here, in Chat and on the Bungie Forum.
    Please excuse the repetition, I just want to get the message out to everyone ASAP so every one is clear.

Once I've added you to your new group, please leave the old groups accordingly.
    We don't want those active anymore.

Finally I hope nobody is reading this as a "Christ, Cormac is really pi$$ed at the chat rooms thing"
    I'm not, it's just we have people around level 22 who get no invites as the lvl 20 chat has disappeared completed due to lack of use.
    Believe you me, I'm in/was in all 5 chat rooms and received more messages than I've had hot dinners and it doesn't annoy me, I like seeing people engaging
    I just want to create a system that works better.
    It's not Week 8, so we don't need to have people segmented out as much, most players in the Clan are around level 22+ now.

So yeah... expect edits to this post while I try and make this brain-fart more concise.

Please let me know if you ok with this and i'll listen to constructive feedback

@ Bohrio I think you'll improve immensely if you stop posting while playing.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cormac, the plan sounds good, so a thumbs up from me.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    @ Bohrio I think you'll improve immensely if you stop posting while playing.:pac:

Posting is the only thing preventing me from throwing my xbox out of the window!

Up to 10 points... slowly but surely

Posting is the only thing preventing me from throwing my xbox out of the window!

Up to 10 points... slowly but surely

Sorry for your troubles. I'm out of ideas. Except maybe getting five people together, going into rumble and letting you kill them, like suggested earlier.

Posting Not owning a PS4 is the only thing preventing me from throwing my xbox out of the window!

FYP :pac:

• Advertisement

FYP :pac:

So you rather me throwing a PS4 out of the window than an xbox? ;) lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement