Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I still dislike the premise entirely, thought it was ridiculous that people were complaining about not getting enough advantage, pathetic stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

AdamD wrote: »
    I still dislike the premise entirely, thought it was ridiculous that people were complaining about not getting enough advantage, pathetic stuff really.

Thing is, Destiny takes so many tropes from MMOs that when they promise MMO style PvP where the gear you've earned really matters and then don't deliver, people will get pissed off. If you've put hours, even days into grinding PvP gear and then get killed by someone 20-odd levels below you, then it's clear you've wasted your time.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »

The complaints were more to do with the event just being the regular control playlist with a different badge. If there's no real advantage with better gear then the event was pointless. Like the queens wrath it was just another way to get us to play the same stuff we had already been playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I did a lot of experiments in the iron banner and found that the armour didn't matter much but the weapons did.

I was using suros regime coming top of the leaderboard then I switched to a good lower level gun and I was getting destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The complaints were more to do with the event just being the regular control playlist with a different badge. If there's no real advantage with better gear then the event was pointless. Like the queens wrath it was just another way to get us to play the same stuff we had already been playing.

Yeah pretty much the only thing I have left to do in the game is The Raid. Looks and sounds like a bitch though. I don't mind games being challenging but Jayzus. On top of that I need to match up with five other people because there is no matchmaking for it.

I'll probably just give it a miss. Level 28 is good for a casual player right?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I did a lot of experiments in the iron banner and found that the armour didn't matter much but the weapons did.

I was using suros regime coming top of the leaderboard then I switched to a good lower level gun and I was getting destroyed.

The damage numbers for the suros in IB were the same as in regular playlists, 43 for a critical aimed down the sights. Also if you are aiming down the sights with the suros there's a damage buff, and another buff on the lower half of the mag so it will always have higher damage numbers than a bog standard AR. Suros is a beast in PvP basically. I used my low level warlock a bit and was still doing well with the basic weapons, the shotgun from the tutorial mission was still a one shot.
    Yeah pretty much the only thing I have left to do in the game is The Raid. Looks and sounds like a bitch though. I don't mind games being challenging but Jayzus. On top of that I need to match up with five other people because there is no matchmaking for it.

I'll probably just give it a miss. Level 28 is good for a casual player right?

28 would be grand, 29 is the highest you can get without raid gear at the moment, but apparently IB gear next time around will enable you to level higher.

Raid is well worth a go, have done it twice now and it's by far the most enjoyable PvE thing in the game. Real shame they didn't apply the same level of creativity to the campaign missions.

Try reddit.com/r/fireteams or destinylfg.net to get a group, pretty sure I saw two or three posters on here in the last few days looking for 360 users too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Mickeroo wrote: »
    28 would be grand, 29 is the highest you can get without raid gear at the moment, but apparently IB gear next time around will enable you to level higher.

Raid is well worth a go, have done it twice now and it's by far the most enjoyable PvE thing in the game. Real shame they didn't apply the same level of creativity to the campaign missions.

Try reddit.com/r/fireteams or destinylfg.net to get a group, pretty sure I saw two or three posters on here in the last few days looking for 360 users too.

Thanks for the info, I'll have a think about it. Seems like a lot of work just to go up two levels and get a new shader. Probably worth my time doing the nightfall and bountys to level up my Warlock and Hunter weapons and Subclasses.

Thanks for the info, I'll have a think about it. Seems like a lot of work just to go up two levels and get a new shader. Probably worth my time doing the nightfall and bountys to level up my Warlock and Hunter weapons and Subclasses.

Sunsinger subclass is invaluable for strikes and raids due to the self-resurection, well worth leveling up.

Thing with the raid is it's only hard the first time, if you stick with the same team you'll run through the second time in one go. You'll probably have to farm it to get weapons/armour unless you're very lucky (can only do that once a week). On the two playthroughs I did I've only one set of gloves to show for it, got a heap of shards/energy though.

Worth looking at the chest locations before you play it to maximise your chance of getting good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Bohrio wrote: »
    Stone and myself were going to run it as well so you are welcome to join us if you want

does 8:30 ish suit you bohiro?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Yes, perfect

• Advertisement

Some folks 2 manned the raid on hard mode, you need a sunsinger to get around the teleport:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Are you xbox or playstation?

NEVERMIND- See in an earlier post you're on 360. I have just moved and haven't set up my 360 yet but when i do i'll happily run the vault with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Are you xbox or playstation?

NEVERMIND- See in an earlier post you're on 360. I have just moved and haven't set up my 360 yet but when i do i'll happily run the vault with you.

If you're looking for more 360 players count me in. Send me a pm or FR any time. GT is Limerickred.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Finished the story mode there now. It was a pretty poor story but fun playing through at the same time.

Now I can focus more time to strikes and pvp.

Need to get me some more light quick to get some better weapons etc..

Very addictive this game is.

Level 21 currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

A few of my PvP kills and the brave actions of a fellow strike mission team mate at the end.

• Administrators Posts: 53,755 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Did the raid last night at level 26 for the first time. Wasn't that difficult if you have a few higher levels.

Got the raid boots and the scout rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads I will be on around that time aswell if I can gate crash....I deffo need better main weapon its holding me back something terrible.

I cant even do that level with the mongol looking yoke in chains on my own, (the level 22-24 weekly stirke - Summons pit) I can get very close to doing it but its just mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Yes, perfect

That Time is good for me too lads, cheers :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

tony1980 wrote: »
    That Time is good for me too lads, cheers :-)

I'm looking to do a raid later, if there is room let me know. PSN CDB-Whoop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

A few of my PvP kills and the brave actions of a fellow strike mission team mate at the end.

Haha love the shoulder charge over the railing at about 1.20.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads I will be on around that time aswell if I can gate crash....I deffo need better main weapon its holding me back something terrible.

I cant even do that level with the mongol looking yoke in chains on my own, (the level 22-24 weekly stirke - Summons pit) I can get very close to doing it but its just mental.

think we have 6 now but will let you know if theres a spot.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

You should be ok, just bring as many void weapons as possible. What level are you at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

cdb wrote: »
    I'm looking to do a raid later, if there is room let me know. PSN CDB-Whoop

Sorry Pal, we r on the Xbox One. There should be a good few PS players on here too though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

tony1980 wrote: »
    Sorry Pal, we r on the Xbox One. There should be a good few PS players on here too though!

No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Todays daily story mission was a nice surprise in how easy it was at Level 28. Not really big encounters or bosses to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Todays daily story mission was a nice surprise in how easy it was at Level 28. Not really big encounters or bosses to fight.

Thats because the difficulty was reduced on that mission. Used to spawn a lot more Legionnaire Majors at the start. Not too hard though if you run back to the start of the canyon on the last part.

Good raid today guys, specially considering it was the first time for many of yous...

Sure we had to push him off but hey, his fault for falling ;)

Sorry I had to leave to quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Does anyone have any interest in doing the raid sometime Sunday on hard? Just levelled to 29 today, so its time to get that raid gear.

Good raid today guys, specially considering it was the first time for many of yous...

thanks for the help! I reckon that the second time through, you'd get it done a lot faster though?

I definitley glitched out at the end. I got nothing for completing it, no shader, achievement, nada.

ah well. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has that still not been patched P0rphy ? Mite give it a run tomorrow after the daily if we can get numbers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement