Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I played and finished The Raid for the first time last night. Thought it was an excellently designed mission. It really mixed things up from the regular story missions and strikes.

I can't believe I'm saying this after collecting 11 Ascendant Shards but I was slightly disappointed with the loot. I thought it was guaranteed that you get one piece of Raid armour but I didn't get any. I did get a weapon called Vision of Confluence though which seems pretty decent.

I'd definitely play through it again and look forward to a new one in the DLC.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

GrumPy wrote: »
    XboxONE user here, disconnects (specifically caterpillar error) since about 19:00 yesterday, and still happening now. Driving me demented! Anyone else?

Yup :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Couldn't get on at all last night on Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

For everyone getting the caterpillar error, what ISP are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I played and finished The Raid for the first time last night. Thought it was an excellently designed mission. It really mixed things up from the regular story missions and strikes.

I can't believe I'm saying this after collecting 11 Ascendant Shards but I was slightly disappointed with the loot. I thought it was guaranteed that you get one piece of Raid armour but I didn't get any. I did get a weapon called Vision of Confluence though which seems pretty decent.

I'd definitely play through it again and look forward to a new one in the DLC.

No, raid armour and weapons are not guaranteed. I didn't get my first(and only) piece of raid armour until my 5th run on the raid, though I did get 6 raid weapons(2X Vision of Confluence, 2x Atheons Epilogue, Praedyth's Revenge, Found Verdict) and a Thunderlord exotic LMG.

That Vision of Confluence is probably the best legendary scout in the game btw and was easily the best primary weapon for this weeks Nightfall, leaving both your secondary and heavy slots for arc weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Right so over the weekend i got my lvl to 28, Nailed the dailies on 28, the weekly on 28, the nightfall, the VOG raid, levelled up my Vanguard and two factions to lvl3 (FWC and New Monarchy) and bought Suros off Xur.

What on earth am i gona do in this game now? I have really reached the limit now. I duno if i could be bothered with the grind to get the Asendant shards needed to get to lvl30. Even if i do that then what?

Is it time for me to just go back to Battlefield 4? :(

Start a new character?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

For everyone getting the caterpillar error, what ISP are you with?

Eircom and you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Same here, with Eircom and getting a lot of disconnects.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What upload speed you guys got? I believe that's the main problem with disconnects. For me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Start a new character?

Dear god no. I dont think my relationship would take the time needed! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Same here constant caterpillar errors hadn't played in a while, I'm on eircom too but efibre so speed is not the problem.

Eircom eFibre as well. I'm asking because I had friends on last night with UPC and Magnet that didn't have the same issues. I see guys on here saying they have completed Raids and everything last night. The Bungie forums also aren't riddled with people complaining, which they would if they were getting caterpillar errors every 20 mins.

In conclusion, I suspect that the issue lies with Eircom.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    What upload speed you guys got? I believe that's the main problem with disconnects. For me anyway.

Speedtest on Laptop: 89 down, 19 up.

I don't think speed is the issue. Two years ago UPC changed something in the back end that caused problems for XBL fir a while, but Eircom users were fine. Wonder if this is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Nothing to do with speed. Seems like a backhaul or peering issue

Run a tracert to bungie.net. Everything is fine until it reaches Eircom's servers in London, then it goes to shite

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Unsure if related, but my torrents are getting raped last few days, too.
    (Probably not related, since my phone connected to the same wifi can download fine, but figured it worth mentioning).

Anyone hear or read anything that might indicate when it will be resolved? Literally getting caterpillar every 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

UPC and only one disconnection in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Although it could be the case trying to troubleshoot this will be difficult.

First we need to know what is the destination address (bungie's servers). This could be difficult as they have different servers depending on the area.

Second we need to trace it when it is failing and when it is not as tracerts could be blocked by the remote server or in this case eircom routers/switches.

I had this issue last week when I couldn't log in for 7 hours. Changing the location worked for me but the issue that caused mine was known to bungie and doing this now might not solve the problem.

the fact that the bungie website doesnt show any issues and that this has been going on for a few hours makes me think it could be an eircom issue indeed probably with one of their international providers (maybe a routing problem or a configuration issue).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

What's the highest light value on Blue armour? Is it 15? Also if farming for purple engrams do you need to do it at harder level? That's if there are any spots that haven't been patched? I'm stuck at 24 Titan can't seem to get any higher level gear ev n doing strikes and daily strikes?

What's the highest light value on Blue armour? Is it 15? Also if farming for purple engrams do you need to do it at harder level? That's if there are any spots that haven't been patched? I'm stuck at 24 Titan can't seem to get any higher level gear ev n doing strikes and daily strikes?

The highest value for blue armour is 13 light, this can be raised to 15 light by upgrading the armour.

• Advertisement

The best way to get better armour is to rank up Vanguard, crucible or faction and buy armour there. Do the weekly strikes for strange coins. Level 22 is 3 coins, 24 is 6 and 28 is 9. Get 13 of these and you will get an exotic piece for whatever class you are. This will take you to 25/26. RNJesus blessed me the most in Crucible, but I've played a lot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Eircom eFibre as well. I'm asking because I had friends on last night with UPC and Magnet that didn't have the same issues. I see guys on here saying they have completed Raids and everything last night. The Bungie forums also aren't riddled with people complaining, which they would if they were getting caterpillar errors every 20 mins.

In conclusion, I suspect that the issue lies with Eircom.

1 guy on my friends list is getting disconnected every 10 minutes is an Eircom user.

A good idea would be to create a thread with a poll for people who are experiencing the caterpillar error frequently so they can select the internet service provider they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The best way to get better armour is to rank up Vanguard, crucible or faction and buy armour there. Do the weekly strikes for strange coins. Level 22 is 3 coins, 24 is 6 and 28 is 9. Get 13 of these and you will get an exotic piece for whatever class you are. This will take you to 25/26. RNJesus blessed me the most in Crucible, but I've played a lot of it.
    silly question I currently have 5 strange coins 22 moths of light 10 ascendant energy and 5 ascendant shards is there anything useful I can do with those to level up?

silly question I currently have 5 strange coins 22 moths of light 10 ascendant energy and 5 ascendant shards is there anything useful I can do with those to level up?

Not right now. But you will be able to soon. One more mote of light and you can buy an exotic engram for armour from Xur on Friday. No guarantee that you will get a Titan piece though :pac:

For strange coins, you need to do weekly strikes. Right now, level 22 will give you 3 coins. You need 13 to buy armour with Xur. Level up the Cryptarch. Every time you go up a level you get engrams. These may be legendary, if so happy days, but blues can give you coins as well.

The shards will be cool when you get raid gear. They can be used for levelling it. Energy is for legendary weapons. Have you equipped a faction emblem or mark? Factions level quicker as both crucible rep and Vanguard rep go towards it. Once you get to level 2, you can buy legendary gear from factions for crucible marks. Bounties are your friend as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Shards helps to upgrade your legendary or exotic armour.
    Energy helps to upgrade your legendary or exotic weapons.
    You can buy items of Xur from Friday to Sunday with strange coins and you can trade the light for an engram with him which the cryptarch will decrypt.

for those of you puss... who backed out today...

Here you go me and the bag solo against Atheon... took us like 30 min but we did it!!

Epic us

PS: oh and I got nothing, did the full raid on hard today and got nothing... damn bug

Anyone for hard raid on PS4, only 2 lvl 29+ players online atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    for those of you puss... who backed out today...

Here you go me and the bag solo against Atheon... took us like 30 min but we did it!!

Epic us

PS: oh and I got nothing, did the full raid on hard today and got nothing... damn bug

Nice job guys. Wonder what was up that you couldn't gat any rewards.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Nice job guys. Wonder what was up that you couldn't gat any rewards.

Thanks emmet, I dont know, I didnt get a single reward in the entire raid. Only some spirit bloom.

But the interesting part is that the mobile app, even after completing it says I have only completed the first tier (1 out of 4)...

Not sure whats happening here, but I know I am not the only one, not a big deal but I did put some time in this raid so its a bit of an annoyance (if this is to happen often)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Thanks emmet, I dont know, I didnt get a single reward in the entire raid. Only some spirit bloom.

But the interesting part is that the mobile app, even after completing it says I have only completed the first tier (1 out of 4)...

Not sure whats happening here, but I know I am not the only one, not a big deal but I did put some time in this raid so its a bit of an annoyance (if this is to happen often)

That's a shame but we can try again after the reset !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement