Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Dammit, spent an hour trying to solo the weekly strike, gave up in the end cause trying to wear down phogoth was taking too long.

It's annoying that the only sure way to earn strange coins requires a fireteam without matchmaking.

I can't usually coordinate playing with other people cause I play when I have a free hour so can't commit to an exact time, which means that things like the weekly strike, and raids in particular, are a massive aspect of the game that I wont ever be able to take part in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

BizzyC wrote: »
    Dammit, spent an hour trying to solo the weekly strike, gave up in the end cause trying to wear down phogoth was taking too long.

It's annoying that the only sure way to earn strange coins requires a fireteam without matchmaking.

I can't usually coordinate playing with other people cause I play when I have a free hour so can't commit to an exact time, which means that things like the weekly strike, and raids in particular, are a massive aspect of the game that I wont ever be able to take part in.

Yup raids for me are almost definitely out as the time to take to complete and coordinating times like yourself.

Jumped in to a strike with 40watt last night though which was great fun. Thanks for that. What strike was it?

I think the key is having as many friends in the list as possible and joining whatever they're doing if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You can do all of the weeklys alone, the difficulty is staggered based on how many are in the fireteam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

AdamD wrote: »
    You can do all of the weeklys alone, the difficulty is staggered based on how many are in the fireteam.

Trying to solo The Summoning Pits at 28 when you have a level 27 character isn't a lot of fun though.

Any advice on making the jump from 24 (as high as rare gear seems to take you) to 28+?

I've been doing tiger strikes, daily missions, crucible, but I'm not getting anything better than the run-of-the-mill level 20 rare gear.

Aside from leveling up factions and purchasing gear with crucible marks, is there any other good ways to increase chances of landed some legendary gear?

You need to get an exotic piece of armour - from Xur is your best bet. That added to the armour you get from the Vanguards will bring you to 28 (possibly 29 not 100% sure)
    If you can do a raid and get a legendary armour drop that stuff is better than the gear the Vanguards sell.

• Advertisement

tried summoning pits solo last night, it would take a very long time to do solo at lvl 24 without any exotic or legendary weapons.

Chipping away at phogoth while trying not to run out of ammo takes a very long time....

I can see other strikes being more manageable solo alright, but that isn't a great one to solo when you cant afford to buy good gear yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

You can't be revived though which makes it harder imo and it's just no fun. They're made for groups.

I'm level 23. I tried one of the weeklys last night. Think it was a level 22. I got hammered continuously so gave up after 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

You can't be revived though which makes it harder imo and it's just no fun. They're made for groups.

I'm level 23. I tried one of the weeklys last night. Think it was a level 22. I got hammered continuously so gave up after 5 mins.

The level 28 strike with a lvl 27 will be hard unless you know the cheese spots or you get a lucky strike.

I did it with my 27 hunter easily enough but I had to hold back most of the time.

Most of the time is just a matter of knowing where to place yourself and what weapons to use (right damage etc).

First time I ran a strike took me ages and gave up a few times but it gets easier with time

Today everything resets so you might want to join the guys here and run it with them together if it makes it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    The level 28 strike with a lvl 27 will be hard unless you know the cheese spots or you get a lucky strike.

I did it with my 27 hunter easily enough but I had to hold back most of the time.

Most of the time is just a matter of knowing where to place yourself and what weapons to use (right damage etc).

First time I ran a strike took me ages and gave up a few times but it gets easier with time

Today everything resets so you might want to join the guys here and run it with them together if it makes it easier.

Want to run the nighfall tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

ALL HAIL THE RESET!

• Advertisement

Looks like the PSN update has caused a lot of reported problems with Destiny and people can't get online . Are the X Box guys having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

This is down AGAIN. Why do I bother

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Want to run the nighfall tonight ?

Lets do it!

I have to run it with all my 3 characters so hell yeah!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Looks like the PSN update has caused a lot of reported problems with Destiny and people can't get online . Are the X Box guys having problems?

Seems to be exclusive to PS4

link

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

what strike is the weekly?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah, Destiny servers are down now. Not sure if its to do with the new update or not.

Really like the game but getting tedious when not playing with others.....I have tried so many time to solo that Pahgoth mongol fella, can clear the room and just have me and him and the few other little spawns but then the wizzard groups show up with no ammo its insane!

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Those wizards are the worst.

if you go to the 2nd last room enter through you can get them to come in to the last room and pick them off there.
    If you go back a room further Phogoth regens health, if you stay in the last room for more than a few seconds a shrieker appears...

I tried this tactic, but found ammo to be the main problem, eventually you need to leave safety of the room and that's when you get jumped.

if you go to the 2nd last room enter through you can get them to come in to the last room and pick them off there.
    If you go back a room further Phogoth regens health, if you stay in the last room for more than a few seconds a shrieker appears...

I tried this tactic, but found ammo to be the main problem, eventually you need to leave safety of the room and that's when you get jumped.

You have to options, either buy ammo packs or use the ice breaker.

It takes a while but you can do it... you just have to be patient, very patient!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

you just have to be patient, very patient!!

Thats me FOOKED so!!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Mickeroo wrote: »
    what strike is the weekly?

I heard it's nexus with void burn on nightfall, not sure if the same burn applies to the weekly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gandalph wrote: »
    I heard it's nexus with void burn on nightfall, not sure if the same burn applies to the weekly as well.

Weekly is Nexus with void burn, Nightfall has void burn and juggler, gonna be a bitch with the minotaur mobs.

Weekly is Nexus with void burn, Nightfall has void burn and juggler, gonna be a bitch with the minotaur mobs.

Do it with me as I have the ole Atheons Revenge, I should be on tonight

Ummm... I suppose we will need to bring plenty of ammo

Ice breaker is going to come handy (again)

You have to options, either buy ammo packs or use the ice breaker.

It takes a while but you can do it... you just have to be patient, very patient!!

Problem is, how exactly get ice breaker when you cant play in a group and need to try solo to get decent gear to start with...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I'm gonna do a few missions with my lvl 8 warlock if anybody's got a low level character they wanna level up?

Ps4 - itshoggie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »

You know I have it too. Won't be around tonight though, going to see Ghostbusters in Cineworld.

You know I have it too. Won't be around tonight though, going to see Ghostbusters in Cineworld.

Man, you have so many guns, I lose count :D
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Void damage? Excellent. Void primary, special and heavy in my load out :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cormac... wrote: »

Actually have 3 void weapons for each slot myself. They will come in handy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement