Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wes wrote: »
    Actually have 3 void weapons for each slot myself. They will come in handy.

Just make sure someone has an arc weapon for the single wave of harpies and you should be fine. Got through it alright which allowed me to finish my Invective bounty. Bought a load of heavy ammo instead of special by mistake though which has pretty much used all my glimmer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

BizzyC wrote: »
    Problem is, how exactly get ice breaker when you cant play in a group and need to try solo to get decent gear to start with...

I bought the ice breaker!

And I always played solo (never the nightfall though). Sometimes you can get nice gear off the normal strikes but best place to get them is either the nightfall or the raid, both you are better off playing with people. As I said, I never tried them on my own, they were way too hard.

I had been playing on my own up until 2 weeks ago when I decided to try the raid.

You can also go to bungie.net forums and ask people if they want to do it with you, or you can ask people here, I will be running it today and tomorrow with all my 3 classes so if you are on xbox 1 I will be available.

I also want to try the nighfall on my own with my warlock and self-revive, it might be doable, although the nexus is one of the most difficult raids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Yup raids for me are almost definitely out as the time to take to complete and coordinating times like yourself.

Jumped in to a strike with 40watt last night though which was great fun. Thanks for that. What strike was it?

I think the key is having as many friends in the list as possible and joining whatever they're doing if possible.

Yeah, that was me. Glad you hopped in as we were a man down. That Strike in the Buried City rarely comes up for me. It was a level 24 Strike.

BizzyC wrote: »
    Dammit, spent an hour trying to solo the weekly strike, gave up in the end cause trying to wear down phogoth was taking too long.

It's annoying that the only sure way to earn strange coins requires a fireteam without matchmaking.

I can't usually coordinate playing with other people cause I play when I have a free hour so can't commit to an exact time, which means that things like the weekly strike, and raids in particular, are a massive aspect of the game that I wont ever be able to take part in.

Someone might have mentioned it already but if you have trouble arranging times to play use Destinylfg.net. Just look for what you want to play, e.g. weekly strike, raid etc... and you can match up with other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Eircom caterpillar errors seemed to disappear after 16:00 yesterday. I still got several bee & anteater errors later in the crucible though. The caterpillar one made it unplayable though, glad it seems to have been resolved!
    Managed to get my Warlock lvl 10 to lvl 16 in a couple of hours of just crucible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Someone might have mentioned it already but if you have trouble arranging times to play use Destinylfg.net. Just look for what you want to play, e.g. weekly strike, raid etc... and you can match up with other players.

Thanks for the link.
    I wonder why they didn't allow matchmaking for these though.

Doesn't make sense for me that the weekly strike in particular is the only one without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Well i got so pissed off with mr cryptarch last night i removed Destiny from my Xbox and went back to Battlefield 4.

Its such a shame. The mechanics are wicked the general feel and idea is solid but it just cant hold me anymore. I have started to resent the grind so much as there is just not enough variation in the strikes to keep me interested. I mean i did 4 tiger strikes hast night 3 were nexus and one was phogoth.
    So ive decided to give it a break now. Im lvl 28 so i figure if i stop now and maybe dont play again until something new happens or the 1st DLC drops then maybe ill get into it again. I do think tho in the long run when more content comes Destiny will be a solid game to get into.

So ill speak to you guys in a while and if anyone is on BF4 looking a match or even if you need numbers for the Raid at weekends my gamertag is swe3nytodd on xbox 360. See you all soon. HAPPY GRINDING! :)

Patch notes for the new patch. Good to see that Bungie will be increasing the number of bounties that can be carried.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Update-1023---Patch-Notes/en/News/News?aid=12319

Also Pumpkin helmets for the tower, the postmaster should have it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Patch notes for the new patch. Good to see that Bungie will be increasing the number of bounties that can be carried.

Finally! some new content!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Finally! some new content!:pac:

Pumpkin Party in the tower after tonights Raid! :pac:

https://twitter.com/MoreConsole/status/527123749330755584/photo/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Our usual gang for Raid on tonight for about 7pm or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Yeah, that was me. Glad you hopped in as we were a man down. That Strike in the Buried City rarely comes up for me. It was a level 24 Strike.

Worked out so. Level 24 eh? Was wondering why it wasn't as easy as I was used to. Lol. You guys were good, I was shocking but enjoyed it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The main question is can you get to level 30 with this helmet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The main question is can you get to level 30 with this helmet :)

Just did the daily now on my warlock, it was easy enough so I am going to do it on my other 2, then leave and will be back at 7.30, will that suit for the nightfall?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Bungie are a bunch of f****** monkeys...

Bohrio wrote: »
    Just did the daily now on my warlock, it was easy enough so I am going to do it on my other 2, then leave and will be back at 7.30, will that suit for the nightfall?

Sounds good man. Will invite you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

erkifino wrote: »
    Bungie are a bunch of f****** monkeys...

haha you getting spammed with this error too?

Errors this morning with server and errors again this evening with servers. FFS!! That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Wasp. F***in' hate wasps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

The combination of the instability of Destiny servers, mixed with that of the pure and utter sh1tness of PSN servers, has to be the biggest folly ever witness on all of the internet.

• Advertisement

I think I've gotten nothing but Ascendant Energy for five straight days on the Daily Heroic. So annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Nothing but wasp errors

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Our usual gang for Raid on tonight for about 7pm or so?

I won't be around tonight unfortunately.

Installing destiny taking forever! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Having not had a problem since launch baring a handful of disconnects and crashes over like 120 hours or so..... it is now Unplayable.... Monkeys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

15 hours to download a 200 MB file on eFibre? Man PSN really do need to #AskMicrosoft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Cormac... wrote: »
    Having not had a problem since launch baring a handful of disconnects and crashes over like 120 hours or so..... it is now Unplayable.... Monkeys!

Monkey disconnects galore!

Cormac... wrote: »

So you didn't get the raid done then?

We did the weekly nightfall there and I got 9 ascendent shards. So disappointed :(

Wasn't to bad at all. Last week was much thougher.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,755 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I keep getting booted out of the raid with error code monkey.

First time I've ever had connection issues.

Like everything else in this game the ability to play it is now decided by the RNG. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement