Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Destiny is beautiful on ps4 jaysus its a purrty game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Varik wrote: »
    Probably not buying this any more, was definitely after the first day but playing PVP has put me off it.

Not mad on the PvP either (but we have seen feck all modes in fairness) but I'll be happy with the campaign and story on this one I reckon....

Still a day one for me, have it payed off and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fieldog wrote: »
    Not mad on the PvP either (but we have seen feck all modes in fairness) but I'll be happy with the campaign and story on this one I reckon....

Still a day one for me, have it payed off and all...

Same the lag is pretty bad, hit someone and his health went to zero, he then killed me before dying from my hit 2 seconds later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

rorywan2 wrote: »
    Level 6 is amazing, where you work with two other players to take down the spider tank?
    Great fun, getting other people to revive you and then sharing the goodwill really makes it feel like you are working together.

Devil's Lair is alot of fun. It was mildly difficult but only because I was grouped with idiots. I can see these being a breeze with three people who are on skype/voice chat. I did double the kills as the second person in my team and also more revives as I was dying less I think. However only managed to have all three people die twice so I suppose it wasn't that bad.

Definitely alot of fun anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Same the lag is pretty bad, hit someone and his health went to zero, he then killed me before dying from my hit 2 seconds later.

Melee and sniping are ridiculous as you could headshot someone and not kill themn run over just in time to see their head explode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Should all enemies in the beta be theoretically killable? Its just tat I came up against some last night and apart from the fact that they one shot me, everything I throw at them says immune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

weiland79 wrote: »
    Should all enemies in the beta be theoretically killable? Its just tat I came up against some last night and apart from the fact that they one shot me, everything I throw at them says immune.

Thats to block off certain areas of the game I imagine will be accessible in the full version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

Iv a free code or two if anyone wants them for ps4 but where I find them when I log in to bungie??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

weiland79 wrote: »
    They've thrown in a couple of different enemies like that to come across in secret areas. Supposed to be over-levelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Not sure who cares, but after reading this thread I might just make the jump for a PS4 in September for Destiny (also maybe TLOU as i've never played it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

played a few hours of it yesterday, got to level 5, nearly level 6. enjoyed it.

not sure will i put the time into it, as there seems there will be alot of grinding to get up levels. i will try it again on wednesday. then i will see if i will keep my limited edition pre-order.

If I got a Beta Key for this, what exactly would I need to play it on my current PS3? Do I have to have a PS Plus account?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    If I got a Beta Key for this, what exactly would I need to play it on my current PS3? Do I have to have a PS Plus account?

Just the beta key and an internet connection. PS+ isn't required for online play on the ps3

In that case is it rude to ask if anyone has a Beta Key? I have a PS3 and would like to give it a bash. See if it will warrant a Day 1 purchase of PS4 bundle with game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

So the Beta is closed until Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So the Beta is closed until Wednesday?

Yup...

2smiggy wrote: »
    played a few hours of it yesterday, got to level 5, nearly level 6. enjoyed it.

not sure will i put the time into it, as there seems there will be alot of grinding to get up levels. i will try it again on wednesday. then i will see if i will keep my limited edition pre-order.

The level cap is 20. Relative to a lot of other games with level cap Destiny is not a grind whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I can see the advantage of low level cap. It makes it easy to level out the playing field. The subclasses start at 15, so I assume you start level 1 of your sub class at 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The number means nothing, 19 to 20 could take more time than 0-19 and then you've got to gear up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

irishmover wrote: »
    The level cap is 20. Relative to a lot of other games with level cap Destiny is not a grind whatsoever.

Really? Is the cap for the full game set at 20? That seems a little low...

Now that the Beta is unavailable, I'm missing it! Had my third character levelled up to a 7, really hope the Beta character profiles transfer to the full game.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    The number means nothing, 19 to 20 could take more time than 0-19 and then you've got to gear up.

Bungie already said they've a low level cap so friends won't ever feel too far behind. I'm sure there'll be a gear grind though.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2378654/destiny_max_level_can_be_hit_in_hours.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

irishmover wrote: »
    Bungie already said they've a low level cap so friends won't ever feel too far behind. I'm sure there'll be a gear grind though.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2378654/destiny_max_level_can_be_hit_in_hours.html

I'd say when dlc is released the cap will increase by 5 or 10 like wow with their expansions

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Looks like they might be giving out xbox codes today, I guess so people can have it loaded and ready to go come tomorrow(date on site changed from 23rd to the 22nd)

Withdrawal syndrome at the minute while beta is offline. 48 days until release... Not gonna be good... Should never have played beta!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Any idea what time the beta is back on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

A friend of mine is stone broke and is dying to get a shot at the beta. Anyone have a spare key for the PS4?

I guess I could always order it for him and cancel the order once I get the code...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its not open till the 23rd again isn't it? I am also missing the game :o

Bungie:
    We are beginning the process of taking the Destiny Beta offline for maintenance. It shall return on 7/23 for all registered testers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Notorious wrote: »
    A friend of mine is stone broke and is dying to get a shot at the beta. Anyone have a spare key for the PS4?

I guess I could always order it for him and cancel the order once I get the code...

Or he can just order it himself off PSN and cancel after that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 rorywan2

Notorious wrote: »

PS4 Europe:

Enjoy:

78K9-F5NM-D7BF

HP7K-Q3NM-TC8J

FJ3N-QJNR-4PQA

K2MM-89NN-GDL6

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement