Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

emmetkenny wrote: »
    We did the weekly nightfall there and I got 9 ascendent shards. So disappointed :(

Wasn't to bad at all. Last week was much thougher.

That's a great haul. Why be disappointed with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704532-destiny/70434463

Great lot of technical information here doing the rounds of different forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'm guessing he's at the stage where all his armour is upgraded and shards are now redundant. I'd be hoping for strange coins myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Was so happy to finally finish the Nightfall. ****ing disconnects, ridiculous today. Got one as Sekrion had about 10% HP left, maddening. I got 12 Ascendant energy, which is probably the best drop I could have gotten. Only need about another 50 to level up the rest of my weapons...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Tried to solo weekly heroic at level 24 again, Nexus def easier than the pits, but managed to get charged by a minataur when I had the nexus hp down to 5%.

Definitely more doable, just need to have enough time to allow for some setbacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

All my armour is maxed and I've 40 something shards already which is more than enough to upgrade a exotic or raid helmet to get level 30.

Plus I also really wanted a legendary heavy weapon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got the Raid auto rifle yesterday. I'm not convinced by it but boy is it funny. Ridiculous rate of fire, virtually no impact and void damage. Was very useful taking down the respawning Minotaur on the lvl 28 weekly & think it will be good on normal Raids once it ranks up.

First game yesterday soloing the daily. Got two legendary engram drops from kills, Gold in a Public Event (which gave me 2 Ascendant Energy) and 2 Ascendant Shards.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Whats it like this morning? Any more monkey or wasp errors?

Gave up around 8 last night getting booted randomly

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

did raid yesterday and all i got was 12 ascendent shards. load of bull no raid armor at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

All my armour is maxed and I've 40 something shards already which is more than enough to upgrade a exotic or raid helmet to get level 30.

Plus I also really wanted a legendary heavy weapon :)

Funny I got a legendary heavy weapon after completing the nightfall... and I barely had to do anything to get it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Funny I got a legendary heavy weapon after completing the nightfall... and I barely had to do anything to get it lol

I'm used to that with you now :P die or join at the end and always picks up the best rewards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Someone from boards joined me and my mate's 28 weekly last week with about 4 seconds to go, receives the only legendary engram reward then leaves without a word, never to be seen again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

cdb wrote: »
    Monkey disconnects galore!

Yup
    So you didn't get the raid done then?

I gave up after my 5th or 6th disconnect within an hour
    awec wrote: »
    I keep getting booted out of the raid with error code monkey.

First time I've ever had connection issues.

Same here, the update has ****ed me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So, apparently you can skip the 3 Servitors part of the Nexus raid. I managed to jump in the window that is up on the back right side of the area. You can go all the way to the end but none of the Minotaurs or Sekrion will spawn. Had some fun jumping around the area getting into different spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-29-destinys-first-expansion-the-dark-below-takes-aim-at-story-criticism

First expansion detailed. New raid, new vendor, level cap raised to 32. Won't be buying it myself if there's no matchmaking for heroics/raids. No point in buying content I can't access.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Dark below info:

Here's what's in Destiny's The Dark Below expansion

Doesn't seem like a whole lot is in there imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I just got a pumpkin off the post master?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

wes wrote: »
    Dark below info:

Here's what's in Destiny's The Dark Below expansion

Doesn't seem like a whole lot is in there imho.

It's more or less what I expected, a quarter of the content in the main game.

£19.99, so most likely €25 is very expensive for what sounds like not much.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,755 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I just got a pumpkin off the post master?

Just for looks, everyone gets three.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its pretty sparse in fairness. 1 new strike (2 if on PSN) and a new raid aren't what you'd call major add ons.

Its hard to not feel like this is content that should have been in the game from the start. It'll be interesting to look at the game once the dust settles and all the expansion packs have been released as to whether or not the story makes any more sense than before.

Bit of a slap in the face for Xbox One owners to be asked to pay the same price for less content than PS4 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

3 new pvp maps, 3 new missions, 2 new strikes and a new raid is decent.t

awec wrote: »
    Just for looks, everyone gets three.

Yeah, just googled it there, supposed to be 4 new sparrows aswell

I'm used to that with you now :P die or join at the end and always picks up the best rewards :D

God I am jinxed! I finished the nightfall this morning with my other 2 classes, I got a prestige IV legendary machine gun and something called MIDA multitool... why am I so unlucky... why!!!

Dunno if it's this pumpkin helmet or what but I'm hearing some spooky noises since I came on lol

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So, apparently you can skip the 3 Servitors part of the Nexus raid. I managed to jump in the window that is up on the back right side of the area. You can go all the way to the end but none of the Minotaurs or Sekrion will spawn. Had some fun jumping around the area getting into different spots.

Just did that and am at the Nexus now, no minotaurs but no Nexus either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

got to level 20 yesterday, so what do ye think is the best way for me to go about leveling up ?

I have been avoiding the PvP really as I was getting my ass handed to me.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just did that and am at the Nexus now, no minotaurs but no Nexus either.

The bag and myself were tempted to do it as well but he thought that if the Minotaurs wouldnt spawn neither would the nexus... he was right!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement