Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

2smiggy wrote: »
    got to level 20 yesterday, so what do ye think is the best way for me to go about leveling up ?

I have been avoiding the PvP really as I was getting my ass handed to me.

Once you get the vanguard to rank 2 (I think) you can buy armour off them. You get the currency and rep by doing bounties/strikes/daily events.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nightfall around 7pm anyone? Shouldn't be too hard with this week's damages but effort of doing it alone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    God I am jinxed! I finished the nightfall this morning with my other 2 classes, I got a prestige IV legendary machine gun and something called MIDA multitool... why am I so unlucky... why!!!

The multitool is meant to be great !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Don't worry guys, I have already destroyed Crota's Sword so he won't be wielding it against you in the future raid. You can PM me all your thanks if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

emmetkenny wrote: »

I think your sarcasm detector is faulty:P

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »

It's great for PvE although I don't really get what the advantage of the main perk is.

• Administrators Posts: 53,755 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

DLC seems a bit guff for Xbox owners.

3 new story missions? That's what, 2 hours of play at an absolute maximum?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

awec wrote: »
    DLC seems a bit guff for Xbox owners.

3 new story missions? That's what, 2 hours of play at an absolute maximum?

More like an hour probably for the story missions, unless the uniquely long or something.

The guy fairly dodged the questions about the story quests too, kept plugging how you had to go to the tower to an npc rather than saying anything about the gameplay mechanics used in them. I'll be surprised if they don't follow the same deploy ghost/defend template of the main campaign.

Doesn't really matter on the format but story missions can only be so long and to add only three is not adding much in terms of gameplay. A few new crucible maps is fairly standard.

One new strike, which we all will have played 5 or 6 times within the first day or two of release and will be sick of.

And one raid, which is probably the only bit of good news around the DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,627 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

3 new story missions is an absolute joke to be honest. They need to release story missions that fill in some of the blanks and extend the story in a significant way. 3 missions isn't going to come close to doing that.

I wanna see The Speaker outed as a traitor, The Stranger and whomever she is talking to taking a proper role in the game - so much promise, so little delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

they should have bundled DLC's as new planets.
    You do new missions on Mercury for example, new area for patrols, strikes, PVP and raids.

They should release new story missions as regular updates outside of DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I wonder how they will handle the raised level cap of 32. Will you have to junk your existing Raid gear if you are already at level 30. Or will they allow that armour to be further upgraded.

Also are the 'monkey' disconnects on PS4 gone today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I wonder how they will handle the raised level cap of 32. Will you have to junk your existing Raid gear if you are already at level 30. Or will they allow that armour to be further upgraded.

Also are the 'monkey' disconnects on PS4 gone today?

I would say the current Raid/Exotic gear will be the minimum for the new Raid, which will drop the gear required for getting to 32

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I would say the current Raid/Exotic gear will be the minimum for the new Raid, which will drop the gear required for getting to 32

It will be called.... Raid-2! And it will be all chrome.

It will be called.... Raid-2! And it will be all chrome.

I was hoping more for a Pearlescent look

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Bit of a slap in the face for Xbox One owners to be asked to pay the same price for less content than PS4 too.

I think both platforms got a slap on the face. 1 extra strike is no biggy.

This is a really crap deal all round. Hard to believe this is Bungie. It just shows what Activision do to game studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

This is a really crap deal all round. Hard to believe this is Bungie. It just shows what Activision do to game studios.

Im really glad I didnt stump up for the season pass. granted, I've 56 hours sunk into this so far and feel I've gotten my moneys worth, but now that I've done the raid, I dont see myself playing a huge amount more of the PvE side of it. calling a spade a spade, its just the same auld stuff over and over again. While the shooting is addictive enough, theres no real "epic" moments to any of the missions or strikes the only part that slightly deviate from this are where you kill the guy in the tank or the one where you wield the sword of crota. otherwise its all just nonsense. It has got some sort of hook that keeps me coming back, but thats only going to last so long with so many other games just about to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I dunno If i'd agree with that entirely. for a game that was so long in development, what they have to show for the money invested is pitiful. If anything its a case of a massive injection of publisher money + a hands off supervision of said investment = lots of ideas aimed for with none of them hit properly in a meaningful way and then the final product shoved out the door as the deadline approached.

• Advertisement

I can't see them locking the new Raid to level 30s. No way. I'd say minimum will be 29.

I can't see them locking the new Raid to level 30s. No way. I'd say minimum will be 29.

Probably right, but from my understanding (I have no Raid/Exotic gear atm) is that your Vanguard/Faction gear will only get you to 28?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Probably right, but from my understanding (I have no Raid/Exotic gear atm) is that your Vanguard/Faction gear will only get you to 28?

If you have one exotic as well, you can get to 29.

I think so. If you add in one piece of exotic armour it can get you to 29. Which is the level I think I will max out at. 30 seems a bit too far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

So just did the raid, got the raid chest piece and Atheons Epilogue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I finally got the wolf pack rounds unlocked for the Gjallarhorn. This is one seriously sweet rocket launcher :cool:

They need to make it more interesting to get to the highest level, not more difficult!

Doing a raid once a week and crossing your fingers is not great. Grinding out materials is boring. If they add another raid that should be available to people at level 27/28 to get them higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

awec wrote: »
    They need to make it more interesting to get to the highest level, not more difficult!

Doing a raid once a week and crossing your fingers is not great. Grinding out materials is boring. If they add another raid that should be available to people at level 27/28 to get them higher.

The armour available in the next Iron Banner event will get you to level 30 without having to touch the raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anyone up for a raid tonight? From around 10 onwards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Just did the raid twice, one with my titan and another one with my warlock, got EXACTLY the same thing, 12 shards, 2 energy, and 1 shadders... WTF?

Although is better than monday when I finished it on hard and got absolutely nothing, not even a shadder. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement