Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anyone up for a raid tonight? From around 10 onwards?

I will be on but not sure I would be much help to you @ 26 but if ya want a bit of company add me.

PSN: wonda3oy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just had a nice productive hour. Gained 5 Ascendant Shards through the Daily 28, a Public Event and breaking down a Legendary Helm that Master Rahool game me for a different class.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It seems to me that they've upped the Shards and Energy reward .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It seems to me that they've upped the Shards and Energy reward .

Just finished the raid on hard... got 3 energies and 3 shards... unfreaking believable...

Seems I am only lucky on the nighfalls!!! :D

Bohrio wrote: »
    Just finished the raid on hard... got 3 energies and 3 shards... unfreaking believable...

Seems I am only lucky on the nighfalls!!! :D

Maybe I'm your lucky charm ;)

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Maybe I'm your lucky charm ;)

You are right... Ok we are doing the raid tomorrow with my hunter then! dont fail me!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

God damn ****ing update telling me 9 hours to download a 300 MB file.

(Edit) Was stuck with that time frame for 10 mins or so, then just kicked in to overdrive.

Bohrio wrote: »
    You are right... Ok we are doing the raid tomorrow with my hunter then! dont fail me!!! lol

I can get on for around an hour maybe a little longer tomorrow around 7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Sigh. Update #2 - 17 MB. Snails pace speed on fibre is killing me. Only on Destiny. ðŸ˜

(Edit) Error code Oyster

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

So to round off a day of playing Destiny. I got Hard Light as a reward for a vanguard tiger strike and two legendary engrams earlier on patrol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I've just accepted I will never hit level 30 before the DLC or Iron Banner comes out. Think I've cleared the raid like 11 times and have even ended up dismantling an extra vex mythoclast I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hit level 24 earlier. 36 hours in now according to the Destiny app.

thebag89 wrote: »
    So to round off a day of playing Destiny. I got Hard Light as a reward for a vanguard tiger strike and two legendary engrams earlier on patrol :)

I am 90+ hours into Destiny and have not had a single Legendary engram drop during a patrol, strike or story mission.

I am 90+ hours into Destiny and have not had a single Legendary engram drop during a patrol, strike or story mission.

Good lord 90 hours! I thought I was doing well at 36 hours. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I too am at level 26 and only one legendary drop in all the strikes and patrols......fookin shocking it is.

• Administrators Posts: 53,755 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Legendary drops are very rare. I'm level 27 and I've only ever had one. You'll get most legendary stuff as rewards.

Near every rare drop I get now tends to be some rustburner sh**e.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

After doing the raid a few times you'll be scoffing at Legendaries as instant dismantling unless they're that one thing you need :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I have had a few Legendary drops but it was never for my Warlock class. Always for a Hunter or Titan. So I started a Hunter class and as soon as I hit Level 20 equipped legendary helmet, gauntlets, boots and a sniper rifle.

Will be starting up a Titan class soon, already have a helmet, boots and fusion rifle waiting for them along with a ship. Only Legendarys my Warlock has have been earned through missions or bought from Xur or the Vanguard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I turn on destiny tonight and 3 achievements popped, now im very close to getting two more.

goddammit,im trying to get out and it keeps pulling me back in...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So having saved 10 rare Fusion Rifles in the off chance I got the bounty for Pocket Infinity, it finally dropped today. When I got to the point where your next step is to dismantle the rifles, I forgot to go to the gunsmith first to activate that step. Cue me wasting all 10 rifles. FML

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Gandalph wrote: »
    I've just accepted I will never hit level 30 before the DLC or Iron Banner comes out. Think I've cleared the raid like 11 times and have even ended up dismantling an extra vex mythoclast I had.

Haven't even seen any Raid armor drop.

I got a whopping 1 Ascendant Energy as reward for the Weekly on lvl 28 :P

Good lord 90 hours! I thought I was doing well at 36 hours. Fair play.

Yeah, I never expected Destiny to grab me this hard. The last game I out this many hours into was Pro Evo 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,627 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ripped through the daily, weekly and nightfall with Fatboy_irl and Sethius last night, a good nights work. Got my third exotic auto rifle as a drop for the nightfall! Ah well.

Going to try get my Titan up to 27/28 tonight - on 26 but have enough shards to level my gear a good bit, hopefully to 28 then I will have a go at the nightfall and weeklys again. Hopefully I find another two people willing and able to cheese the feck out of the nexus.

Yeah, I never expected Destiny to grab me this hard. The last game I out this many hours into was Pro Evo 2011.

Ah Pro Evo. A man after my own heart. Tempted to get the 2015 game.

Only for two young kids I'd definitely have 90hours in destiny, not that I'd change that obviously. I was surprised is managed 36 so far to be honest.

I think it's funny how many are giving out about the game but have logged large numbers of hours in.

Don't get me wrong it has its flaws but the oh so tight gameplay just keeps me comin back for more.

I have had several legendary drops but then again I have been playing Destiny for way over 90 hours... (rather not say how long).

When I get a legendary drop I noticed that if it is a weapon engram, I would likely get a legendary weapon (even an exotic) but if I get armor engram I always get legendary armor for another character. Sometimes I can get new monarchy/dead orbit cloaks,etc or shards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

How do you check how many hours you have been playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Does everyone use the Destinylfg to get raid groups? do you really need a mic setup to do it?

Does everyone use the Destinylfg to get raid groups? do you really need a mic setup to do it?

playing the raid without a mic is going to make you a bit of a liability, people wont be able to call out enemies, oracles, if they're downed, need cleansing etc etc.

How do you check how many hours you have been playing?

you can check in achievements - compare your achievements to someone else and you'll see the time played compared. I think you can also see it on the bungie website / destiny companion app.

Edit : yup, just checked on bungie.net, I have 2 days8 hrs and 13 minutes played. Its to the right of your charachter on the "legend" section

• Advertisement

Ah Pro Evo. A man after my own heart. Tempted to get the 2015 game.

Only for two young kids I'd definitely have 90hours in destiny, not that I'd change that obviously. I was surprised is managed 36 so far to be honest.

I think it's funny how many are giving out about the game but have logged large numbers of hours in.

Don't get me wrong it has its flaws but the oh so tight gameplay just keeps me comin back for more.

Definitely getting PES2015. It will be the game to take me away from Destiny for a while.

Also you are spot on about Destiny. It has many problems but the actual mechanics are spot on. It's just so satisfying to play.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement