Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Good lord 90 hours! I thought I was doing well at 36 hours. Fair play.
    you can check in achievements - compare your achievements to someone else and you'll see the time played compared. I think you can also see it on the bungie website / destiny companion app.

Edit : yup, just checked on bungie.net, I have 2 days8 hrs and 13 minutes played. Its to the right of your charachter on the "legend" section

Gandalph (who I assume is online one of the most often of the groups i play with) has almost 240 hours clocked up (10 straight days or 4.7 hours per day or 3.5 hours per euro paid for the game)

I'm at a parlty 122 by comparision :pac:

Also i've given up the ghost (bah dum tisch) at hitting level 30 with the hard Raid, I'm almost Iron Banner lvl 3 so will use that to hit 30+ hopefully. Plus Bayonetta 1&2 and Civ Beyond Earth have just arrived in my home.... so yeah.... probably just play on Tuesdays when the refresh is for the next while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

playing the raid without a mic is going to make you a bit of a liability, people wont be able to call out enemies, oracles, if they're downed, need cleansing etc etc.

Thank you. I thought it would be more like a strike. I'll whip out the old mic then I still haven't used it since I got the x1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Cormac... wrote: »
    Gandalph (who I assume is online one of the most often of the groups i play with) has almost 240 hours clocked up (10 straight days or 4.7 hours per day or 3.5 hours per euro paid for the game)

I'm at a parlty 122 by comparision :pac:

Also i've given up the ghost (bah dum tisch) at hitting level 30 with the hard Raid, I'm almost Iron Banner lvl 3 so will use that to hit 30+ hopefully. Plus Bayonetta 1&2 and Civ Beyond Earth have just arrived in my home.... so yeah.... probably just play on Tuesdays when the refresh is for the next while

Have a checkpoint at atheon saved on the hard raid, was hoping to get yourself and any other lvl 29's to knock it out.

PSN id - toastor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

bugs wrote: »
    Have a checkpoint at atheon saved on the hard raid, was hoping to get yourself and any other lvl 29's to knock it out.

PSN id - toastor

Not get it done last night? Would be interested if you are going to try again.

PSN id - toastor

Oh that's pretty tempting alright I must say but I won't be online till Sunday as I have a work do, gig and kids birthday party over the next 3 evenings :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Thank you. I thought it would be more like a strike. I'll whip out the old mic then I still haven't used it since I got the x1

Was randomnly invited to a raid last night. I've never done one, and it was an absolute mess as nobody had mics... I woulda liked some guidance as to what we were doing...

Not get it done last night? Would be interested if you are going to try again.

Unfortunately not, 2-3 lvl 28 guys who had difficulty dealing damage. It would definitely require a team of lvl 29 players with well spec'd weapons.

Last chance for me to try it tonight as I'm away till next Tuesday. I should be on around 10 if anyone wants to give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

The armour available in the next Iron Banner event will get you to level 30 without having to touch the raid.

Only problem there is you have to endure the cluster**** that is the crucible

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Only really takes one weak/mediocre player to kill a hard raid due to the lack of respawning, I'd definitely recommend being 29+ and playing with people who talk LOADS. Have done it twice now, first one taking 3-4 hours, second taking only 55 minutes, all due to the difference in team ability and communication. The confluxes in particular are very difficult, if one person dies there you're done.

ems_medic wrote: »

Not directed at you but.....

At level 29 (assuming you're trying to get to level 30), if you don't have your **** together in PvP you shouldn't be there...... or will probably already have gone back to COD :pac:

Aside from the ole Lag and bad connection issues I don't see what the big difference is for everyone with PvE and PvP, it's the same game, weapons, classes, abilities and mechanics

Seems like lots of people don't like having to compete with anything beyond the ole "whack-a-mole pop in, pop out of cover enemies" style of PvE :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

PSN id - toastor

Hard mode was a nightmare yesterday, even at level 29. Nearly have a my oracle killing perk on atheons epilogue. Hopefully, I have that next time I give this a go.

wes wrote: »
    Hard mode was a nightmare yesterday, even at level 29. Nearly have a my oracle killing perk on atheons epilogue. Hopefully, I have that next time I give this a go.

We had 1 or 2 successful teleports, just needed a little more consistency and I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Not directed at you but.....

At level 29 (assuming you're trying to get to level 30), if you don't have your **** together in PvP you shouldn't be there...... or will probably already have gone back to COD :pac:

Aside from the ole Lag and bad connection issues I don't see what the big difference is for everyone with PvE and PvP, it's the same game, weapons, classes, abilities and mechanics

Seems like lots of people don't like having to compete with anything beyond the ole "whack-a-mole pop in, pop out of cover enemies" style of PvE :P

I don't agree with this. I generally finish in the top 3, but overall, I don't enjoy the PVP in this game, which surprised me cause I love multiplayer games and it's the multiplayer element that has kept me playing games long after the SP is finished.

There just seems to be no balance to it. I mean when some guy can just come in and clear out a room with the press of a button and there is nothing you can do about it, come on! In Titanfall, you have a great chance of taking down titan on foot, the same with COD and the kill streak rewards, and at least with COD you have to earn the kill steak (although I don't think the balance is great in COD either).

Shotguns seem overpowered too, and has actually resulted in players just running at you until they are close enough to shotgun you, in which case you might as well be playing PvE in that instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Benzino wrote: »
    I don't agree with this. I generally finish in the top 3, but overall, I don't enjoy the PVP in this game

Snap. It just wasn't that fun. Lack of gametypes, lack of maps, and like you say a lack of balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

We had 1 or 2 successful teleports, just needed a little more consistency and I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad

We did fine outside most of the time, but the random teleports really killed us.

I'd like to see a pvp game mode without supers or heavy weapons

But that's just the games style. It's got special abilities. Other games don't.
    It's like complaining that grenades in COD can OHK you.
    And TECHNICALLY you don't constantly have abilities and in a way they are kill streak abilities as you can charge them quicker and easier using buffs and kills.

Heavy weapons are in almost all other games, I don't see the problem personally, they are on a like 4 minute timer, only spawn in 2-3 places, only ever seem to be picked up by 2, 3 max, players and only give you 2 shots (unless you have my Vex Boots Buff to get 4 shots)

Maybe they should just introduce a "gun deaths only" play mode, no special abilities, no class/subclass passive or active mods, everyone gets all gun mods even if they are not unlocked and everyone only has frag grenades

Agreed about shotguns though, they should be nerfed/limited in range in PvP

Essentially these things are all used in the main PvE game, taking them out for the purposes of PvP alone would make PvP almost and entirely different game experience completely disjointed from the main Story (cough cough) gameplay.

I understand peoples frustrations with it.... but it's not Battlefield or Call of Duty, it's more like Timesplitters :pac:

Does everyone remember the Proxy Grenades in Golden Eye... Now THAT was an issue :P

And TECHNICALLY you don't constantly have abilities and in a way they are kill streak abilities as you can charge them quicker and easier using buffs and kills.

Heavy weapons are in almost all other games, I don't see the problem personally, they are on a like 4 minute timer, only spawn in 2-3 places, only ever seem to be picked up by 2, 3 max, players and only give you 2 shots (unless you have my Vex Boots Buff to get 4 shots)

Maybe they should just introduce a "gun deaths only" play mode, no special abilities, no class/subclass passive or active mods, everyone gets all gun mods even if they are not unlocked and everyone only has frag grenades

Agreed about shotguns though, they should be nerfed/limited in range in PvP

Essentially these things are all used in the main PvE game, taking them out for the purposes of PvP alone would make PvP almost and entirely different game experience completely disjointed from the main Story (cough cough) gameplay.

I understand peoples frustrations with it.... but it's not Battlefield or Call of Duty, it's more like Timesplitters :pac:

Does everyone remember the Proxy Grenades in Golden Eye... Now THAT was an issue :P

Use your Machine Gun in PvP, you'll rack up far more than 2 kills!

I prefer a more barebones approach to PVP games, especially when supers and heavy weapons are pretty much unavoidable regardless of skill. The Warlock super in particular is headwrecking when somebody just panic kills you when you have them in the gunfight.

AdamD wrote: »
    Use your Machine Gun in PvP, you'll rack up far more than 2 kills!

I prefer to get 2 guaranteed kills instead of several maybe kills :pac:

I'm not very good at PvP, think i'm 0.9 KTD ratio.... I get most my points from Control points, assists and the likes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Lots of games have special abilities, just play any other MMO or even COD, that doesn't excuse the lack of balance for these abilities.

I never said you constantly have these abilities, but these abilities are not performance related. You will get them eventually, sure the better you do, the quicker you get them, but you could go a whole match and not do a thing, and you will still get the special ability. Now that's fine, for example in Titanfall it's the same, the difference is that in Destiny, these special abilities will insta kill you unless they miss, where as in Titanfall there is actually some balance to it and a Titan arriving does not equal instant death and you have a good chance of destroying it, in fact it makes the match more fun for everybody when there are titans imo.

Different strokes for different folks, but to suggest that people don't like PVP in Destiny cause it's not "whack-a-mole pop in, pop out of cover enemies" is just insulting imo.

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    Different strokes for different folks, but to suggest that people don't like PVP in Destiny cause it's not "whack-a-mole pop in, pop out of cover enemies" is just insulting imo.

I was just being tongue in cheek, i know PvP is not for everyone, and yes it is different strokes for different folks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

TBH I think the main problem with multiplayer is that its horrible unless you've got at least a 4 man team going in. to somewhat co-ordinate captures and defense.

supers - while they're incredibly frustrating, they're available to everyone, seeing the opposition come at you with super after super co-ordinated is unstoppable.

Shotguns - equipable by all, so shouldnt be an issue

Control - randomers cant play it - they just dont get that its not domination. theres a video on youtube of a team winning a match without capturing a single point. the points are multipliers - Kills = Wins

I actually like the PvP, but only when playing in a group.

Yeah, I think one of the best times I had with the game was when we did about 15 games straight of Iron Banner with 6 of us with Headsets.... it was like a different beast altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yeah, I think one of the best times I had with the game was when we did about 15 games straight of Iron Banner with 6 of us with Headsets.... it was like a different beast altogether.

one thing in PVP that I think is really cool, and would love to see in other games - is the way the map lighting changes with the time of day. It was a surprise the first time I spawned in on mars and it was dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

Cormac wrote:

Thats my problem it has lag that rivals BF4. Dont need think much more needs to be said we've all seen players running through rockets with full health, kill you and they fall over dad 3 secs later LMFAO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I've only had one or two instances of a large invincible players, but the amount of kill trading. You die and a few seconds later the guy dies from your mêlée.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

ems_medic wrote: »

I feel your pain mate...

I hate crucible (well known fact here) and hate that they force you to play it when doing those exotic bounties.

Several things I dont like about the crucible, lots of people camping, fusion rifles, rocket launchers, the radar, the spawns (although this seem to be generic to most MP), all shotguns/snipers are one shot kill except mine, the unreal lag (often my kills occur after I am dead), the supers, the invisible people hiding in corners, the invisible people disappearing in the middle of a gunfight and reappearing a second or two later, very few maps and game types, and mostly, no search and destroy equivalent which is the only game type I like to play.

Regardless how the game is for me it is the same as with the last 2 CoD, rather stick my head inside a hungry crocodile mouth than play it... as I know that if I dont stop playing my TV will be going out of the window

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    I feel your pain mate...

I hate crucible (well known fact here) and hate that they force you to play it when doing those exotic bounties.

Several things I dont like about the crucible, lots of people camping, fusion rifles, rocket launchers, the radar, the spawns (although this seem to be generic to most MP), all shotguns/snipers are one shot kill except mine, the unreal lag (often my kills occur after I am dead), the supers, the invisible people hiding in corners, the invisible people disappearing in the middle of a gunfight and reappearing a second or two later, very few maps and game types, and mostly, no search and destroy equivalent which is the only game type I like to play.

Regardless how the game is for me it is the same as with the last 2 CoD, rather stick my head inside a hungry crocodile mouth than play it... as I know that if I dont stop playing my TV will be going out of the window

Maybe we should try crucible with a full team and see how it goes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Got my first exotic bounty. Wanted bad juju but the 15 round thing put me off so went for invective.

These strikes are grim. Always at least one who just sits there afk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

TBH I think the main problem with multiplayer is that its horrible unless you've got at least a 4 man team going in. to somewhat co-ordinate captures and defense.

supers - while they're incredibly frustrating, they're available to everyone, seeing the opposition come at you with super after super co-ordinated is unstoppable.

Shotguns - equipable by all, so shouldnt be an issue

Control - randomers cant play it - they just dont get that its not domination. theres a video on youtube of a team winning a match without capturing a single point. the points are multipliers - Kills = Wins

I like PVP. Control in particular.

Blind Watch is a mess though. Very unbalanced. When you're holding B and C and you see one of your teammates capturing A....what have you done? You have flipped the spawn you idiot!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement