Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,754 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I got as far as the gatekeeper on the raid tonight and got 11 shards, 4 energy and ice breaker.

I really want armour. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

First raid run tonight. Thanks guys. Mostly energy, couple shards and the chest piece (though I think everyone got the chest piece)

First raid run tonight. Thanks guys. Mostly energy, couple shards and the chest piece (though I think everyone got the chest piece)

Lucky them, I really want the damn chest piece!

awec wrote: »
    I got as far as the gatekeeper on the raid tonight and got 11 shards, 4 energy and ice breaker.

I really want armour. :(

Just finished it, got the sparrow, atheon's epilogue and more energy from the gatekeepers and atheon.

Did Atheon in the fastest I've done it so far - just two relic trips needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,331 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I totally hate you right now :P

I have 82 shards doing **** all in my inventory, waiting for some armor to drop. I have so many useless Coins I bought the Raspberry Chest piece just in case I get some Raid gear, so that it would make it easier to hit 30. RNGesus laughs at my hubris.

• Advertisement

Just finished it, got the sparrow, atheon's epilogue and more energy from the gatekeepers and atheon.

Did Atheon in the fastest I've done it so far - just two relic trips needed.

Maxed Gjallarhorn is the key to doing him fast. If you get a team with a bunch of them, it's a short day.

We did it without rocket launchers I am pretty sure.

Super him + ice breaker. Titan should put a ward of dawn on the platform too. Relic holder has to make sure that the pillar that sticks up on the platform is inside the bubble.

does anyone have any interest in doing an exploration run of the Raid?

Been reading the thread below on Reddit and it has some fun sounding ideas.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2la9gs/double_secret_probing_what_we_do_and_dont_know/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I must of been only one not too lol

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I must of been only one not too lol

To be honest, I'm just happy I got to finish it. Chest drop was a bonus. Only thing that had me concerned was the teleport phase, exiting portal and still on Venus. Had probably too many deaths (24 apparently) but was enjoyable.

• Advertisement

I totally hate you right now :P

I have 82 shards doing **** all in my inventory, waiting for some armor to drop. I have so many useless Coins I bought the Raspberry Chest piece just in case I get some Raid gear, so that it would make it easier to hit 30. RNGesus laughs at my hubris.

I'm sure next time I'll get feck all

• Registered Users Posts: 45,626 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hope to get on a raid tonight if one is going. Wasn't able to commit the time to it last night so had to make do with some farming and doing the dailies. hoepfully something a bit more fruitful tonight.

Still have to do nightfall, twice, and weekly, twice too this week.

Could actually do with a load of shards myself! (Energy can currently feck off...).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Doing the Nightfall solo last night. Just killed the tank and was feeling mighty pleased with myself when a friend joined. 5 minutes later he went down. Went over to rescue him, put up Dawn of Light and a Cabal jumped into it and one hit killed me with his shield. Back to Orbit. I was quiet for a full minute but we're still friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Doing the Nightfall solo last night. Just killed the tank and was feeling mighty pleased with myself when a friend joined. 5 minutes later he went down. Went over to rescue him, put up Dawn of Light and a Cabal jumped into it and one hit killed me with his shield. Back to Orbit. I was quiet for a full minute but we're still friends.

Ha, that's why you always set it to closed group when soloing. The Nightfall is much easier solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Destiny has 9.5 million users...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-04-destiny-has-over-9-5-million-registered-users

The thing that stands out to me is the fact that "Activision" have already announced a sequel to Destiny and it is already in development. So essentially instead of just adding to the current Destiny with good, detailed content, they want to create a second game as fast as possible so they can charge you another 60-65 euro...

Activision are just another EA, blood sucking leech's that have ZERO interest in the end user and only care for the money they can prise from your hands.

What were Bungie thinking when they partnered with Activision...
    It is another EA and DICE scenario, DICE's reputation has been destroyed due to the pressure from EA.

I just hope that Bungie don't go the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I don't want to jinx it but I played Destiny last night on the Vita last night remotely with pretty much zero lag and no disconnects right up until the battery died so a few hours.

Before the update it was always disconnecting. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

Anyone else play much remotely?

I only have the one telly in the house so remote play would be fantastic if it was reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Hi lads I was given a lend of this game yesterday and so far I'm glad I didn't actually spend money on it! I'm only on level 3 and kinda bored, it reminds me of those free to play games. What am I missing here??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I really wanted to join the Raid group last night but the timing just didn't suit me. I'm going to try find another Raid group tonight around 10pm. My luck has to change at some stage. I've completed the Raid twice now and got shards and Vision of Confluence both times. No armour.

Last night I did the Weekly Strike on my own. It is the easiest one in a while. There is a crate just at the entrance to the final boss room that if you hide behind it are totally safe from the bosses fire. The mob will not find you there either. On occasion some of them get close but they can be picked off easily. Then all you need to do is pop out and take shots at the boss. When he is at the far end you have to walk out so you can see him but when he makes his way up to the other end it gets even easier.

I'm planning to take on the Nightfall tonight around 8pm is anyone wants to join in - The40Watt on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I don't want to jinx it but I played Destiny last night on the Vita last night remotely with pretty much zero lag and no disconnects right up until the battery died so a few hours.

Before the update it was always disconnecting. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

Anyone else play much remotely?

I only have the one telly in the house so remote play would be fantastic if it was reliable.

I'm in the same situation, a one TV household. I use the VITA quite a bit to play Destiny. I've never had any lag or disconnect issues since launch. I mostly just farm for materials when on the VITA as precise aiming is much harder. I have done a few daily strikes on it though.

It works incredibly well. They very cleverly mapped the run button to 'down' on the d-pad. The only thing missing is that you can't wave or dance using the VITA or if you can I haven't figured out how.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

logik wrote: »
    Destiny has 9.5 million users...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-04-destiny-has-over-9-5-million-registered-users

The thing that stands out to me is the fact that "Activision" have already announced a sequel to Destiny and it is already in development. So essentially instead of just adding to the current Destiny with good, detailed content, they want to create a second game as fast as possible so they can charge you another 60-65 euro...

Activision are just another EA, blood sucking leech's that have ZERO interest in the end user and only care for the money they can prise from your hands.

What were Bungie thinking when they partnered with Activision...
    It is another EA and DICE scenario, DICE's reputation has been destroyed due to the pressure from EA.

I just hope that Bungie don't go the same way.

I sincerely hope that another full game release doesn't happen for a long time.

Destiny was put out there as a long term project with Updates and DLC.

I can see the correlation you make with EA but hopefully activision will prove you wrong.

I bought my ps4 because I saw destiny as long term. I would have bought it on 360 or not at all if I thought it was a short term release with multiple sequels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've tried the Vita remotely but like Josey found the aiming quite difficult, in comparison to the pad. Hadn't realised you couldn't wave, point or dance. That's a dealbreaker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I sincerely hope that another full game release doesn't happen for a long time.

Destiny was put out there as a long term project with Updates and DLC.

I can see the correlation you make with EA but hopefully activision will prove you wrong.

I bought my ps4 because I saw destiny as long term. I would have bought it on 360 or not at all if I thought it was a short term release with multiple sequels

But this is Activision mate, just look at Call of Duty... EVERY year a new game. Same engine, same game just re-skinned and sold for another 60-65 euro. Activision are as bad as EA, they always have been.

When Destiny was released, they said that it would be a 10 year game, with the announcement of a sequel, we now know that was bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

logik wrote: »
    But this is Activision mate, just look at Call of Duty... EVERY year a new game. Same engine, same game just re-skinned and sold for another 60-65 euro. Activision are as bad as EA, they always have been.

When Destiny was released, they said that it would be a 10 year game, with the announcement of a sequel, we now know that was bull****.

CoD:AW has a new engine built by Sledgehammer. It's the first new engine since CoD2 though.

Destiny is a 10 year IP not a 10yr single game. There will be 4 games + DLC spanning 10 years.

Homework before you throw all your toys out of the cot.

It'll probably be like guild wars where you keep your characters, inventory etc across all the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

"Player engagement seems rather high too, with the average player logging in over three hours a day."

when a large sample of players were questioned on why they were still logging 3 hours a day in a game that has less depth than a puddle in the sahara, they merely turned to us with bleary eyes and said "more, there has to be more to this, we just need to dig deeper"

So much for the 10 year plan of a living breathing galaxy. GTAV online has given away more content for free in the the first year since launch than destiny did on the actual disc. If they plan on "growing" the game by expansion packs offering the meager amount of content that has been annouced in the likes of the dark below, this game is going end up costing people a small fortune by the time it could be considered complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'll not be buying another one thats for sure, lack of content aside I can deal with that many games have done it over recent years but none left me feeling as insulted by the story as destiny did, if they thought it was acceptable to put that out it says a hell of a lot. It could have been written on a post it note :mad:

I know there are those who will defend the game to the bitter end and say it's more about the co-op, the strikes the raids etc. but I'm not swallowing it, they even couldn't be bothered putting the 'lore' in game you had to go to their web site for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Went back to Destiny last night after a short break playing Battlefield 4.
    Decided to solo the weekly on 28. Dusted off the old Ice Breaker and set to work taking Cabal heads off. Got myself 9 strange coins and 6 blue engrams for my time and trouble. So off i went to master Cryparch. Mote of light (sweet), rustburner, rustburner, rustburner, rubbish blue sniper, rubbish blue rocket launcher.
    Gutted. The blues are not even nearly as good as the Legendary kit i already have.
    Ahhhh Destiny. You just piss me off.

Don't think I've ever had a blue turn in to a purple.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,626 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i've only once had the legendary pack from that Cryptarch moo actually give me a legendary item too - been all blues for AGES. DICK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Had it once but true to form it was for another class!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement