Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

calex71 wrote: »
    I'll not be buying another one thats for sure, lack of content aside I can deal with that many games have done it over recent years but none left me feeling as insulted by the story as destiny did, if they thought it was acceptable to put that out it says a hell of a lot. It could have been written on a post it note :mad:

I know there are those who will defend the game to the bitter end and say it's more about the co-op, the strikes the raids etc. but I'm not swallowing it, they even couldn't be bothered putting the 'lore' in game you had to go to their web site for that :D

The more I sit back and think about it, now that I've taken a break from it, the more it reminds me of a free to play game. It wouldnt at all surprise me if they started allowing you to buy relic iron, etc with real money, the same for shards, energy, whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The more I sit back and think about it, now that I've taken a break from it, the more it reminds me of a free to play game. It wouldnt at all surprise me if they started allowing you to buy relic iron, etc with real money, the same for shards, energy, whatever.

Ha and the crazy thing is folks would pay it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

i've only once had the legendary pack from that Cryptarch moo actually give me a legendary item too - been all blues for AGES. DICK!

I'll not have a bad word said about him, he gave me 2 legendary items and a blue engram the other day for levelling him up!

• Administrators Posts: 53,754 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Benzino wrote: »
    I'll not have a bad word said about him, he gave me 2 legendary items and a blue engram the other day for levelling him up!

I always just get three blues. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Destiny is a 10 year IP not a 10yr single game. There will be 4 games + DLC spanning 10 years.
    Level 100 here I come...

Seriously though, I don't I'd be getting Destiny 2. Might get the DLC as I've credit about to expire...

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    I always just get three blues. :mad:

To be fair, that's what I usually get too. It has only happened once and I think I am at level 30 with him :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Every successful IP is a ten year IP sure, I could have sworn the developers were trying to say Destiny was different somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

If they pulled that crap, I am done.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,626 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Benzino wrote: »

He's a con man and I'll not hear different. He is probably stealing my legendaries and selling them to fuel a crack habit.

"Yep, blue - hard luck bro - blue again, what are the odds. Tch, these pesky packages. Wish I could help but that RNG guy... he's such a pain, ain't he? Tut tut oh well. better luck next time."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

calex71 wrote: »
    Ha and the crazy thing is folks would pay it

I would, I hate FTP game models..... but I hate Farming too :mad:
    €5 for 100x RI, SB, HF, SM :p

If Destiny 2 is out before 2017 I will be less than impressed

Destiny 10 Year Game.... more like a 10 Week Game. Am I right? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

I remember the first thing when I played the beta was, why arent blizzard suing for copying Warcraft :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

If they started introducing any micro transactions to this game I'd stop playing.

Just getting to the point where I can start collecting some legendary armour, and need to start collecting shards for upgrades towards lvl30.

BizzyC wrote: »
    If they started introducing any micro transactions to this game I'd stop playing.

Just getting to the point where I can start collecting some legendary armour, and need to start collecting shards for upgrades towards lvl30.

That's the easy part!

Yea the shards are the easy part, it's getting the end-game armour in the first place that's a pain in the dick.

how the hell are shards the easy part?
    I'm assuming this is coming from people with plenty of time to do raids?

Playing strikes, daily missions, crucible I've only collected enough to upgrade one piece of armour 40% of the way.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Playing strikes, daily missions, crucible I've only collected enough to upgrade one piece of armour 40% of the way.

Do the daily story on level 28 and a public event each day that's pretty much 3 guaranteed shards/energy. You can get 9 a day if you manage to get three characters up to scratch, but i'm convinced that's the gaming equivalent of self flagellation at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads the headset that came with the PS4 is worse then bad, was doing the raid last night for the 1st time with a few heads and communication is key and the standard mic it just dont cut it. I have a Sennheiser PC101 headset from my PC with the dual plugs on it (one for mic one for sound) I got a splitter in Argos but the mic wont work with it.

Is there anyone on here who has done the splitter mod?

I dont wanna buy a headset purely for the PS4 when the one I have is very good, I seen a few splitters on ebay apparently for the "PS4" but I doubt it and they are 20 euro ffs.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads the headset that came with the PS4 is worse then bad, was doing the raid last night for the 1st time with a few heads and communication is key and the standard mic it just dont cut it. I have a Sennheiser PC101 headset from my PC with the dual plugs on it (one for mic one for sound) I got a splitter in Argos but the mic wont work with it.

Is there anyone on here who has done the splitter mod?

I dont wanna buy a headset purely for the PS4 when the one I have is very good, I seen a few splitters on ebay apparently for the "PS4" but I doubt it and they are 20 euro ffs.

Any ideas?

I think what you can do is, hooking the system up to the tv with the 3 red/white/yellow cables, having the sound wire on your headset plugged in to tv, and the mic wire plugged in to the controller. You'll need to change sound and mic input/output settings on the system.

Raid doesn't take that much time these days as most people know what they are doing.

It's the best way to get shards and it has checkpoints so don't worry if something comes up and you have to leave before it's over - you can restart from your last checkpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads the headset that came with the PS4 is worse then bad,

Do you think so? I use it all the time and have never had any problems.

• Advertisement

Getting kicked from the Cruci-bull all evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,331 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Pff, just do the Raid, that's all you'll get.

Me, bitter? Not at all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just solo'd the Nightfall and got a single Legendary shotgun as a reward. Anyone know if The Comedian is any good? I don't use shotguns myself.

Grr, getting frustrated with the raid now. All I need are the boots to reach level 30 and they just won't drop :( Just energy, shards and chatterwhite all the time (though this time I got the multi-tool).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just solo'd the Nightfall and got a single Legendary shotgun as a reward. Anyone know if The Comedian is any good? I don't use shotguns myself.

I have the comedian with void damage. It was my go to secondary before I got the icebreaker. But still use it when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

awec wrote: »
    Raid doesn't take that much time these days as most people know what they are doing.

It's the best way to get shards and it has checkpoints so don't worry if something comes up and you have to leave before it's over - you can restart from your last checkpoint.

Unfortunately I couldnt agree more.. I have done the raid 7 times in the last week and a half and I currently have 120 shards and 110 energies.

And I have already used over 50 upgrading armor and weapons, so I must have got around 150 in 1.5 weeks.

Thats doing the dailies, nighfalls, raids etc.. plus I haven't dismantled around 10 pieces or armor yet, that's another 30 shards...

At this point as you can imagine I hate shards, and energies

I have given up on the raid, all I get is shards, energy and chadderwhite, or, a piece of armor that I already have. I have 3 gaunlets, two helmets, and 2 boots for each of my different classes... I did get the Vex and the sparrow (and the ship for the forth time) but no armor... and I have ran it over 12 times in 2 weeks, both in hard and normal. From now on I am only going to run it on hard, get double the rewards

Finished the Raid for the third time last night and I've gotten the exact same reward each time, Vision of Confluence. It's a great gun, but three times?

How much harder is the hard mode of the Raid?

So doing raids makes reaching lvl 30 easy, but I can't do the raid and wont be capable of soloing nightfall or other lvl 28 strikes without leveling up first, for which I need shards....

I wish they'd bring out a raid & nightfall with matchmaking.
    I don't have time for coordinating a team, by the time I find other players I wouldn't have enough time to finish the mission.

It's a gaming conspiracy against people who work long hours and have wives who expect to have time spent with them in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Finished the Raid for the third time last night and I've gotten the exact same reward each time, Vision of Confluence. It's a great gun, but three times?

How much harder is the hard mode of the Raid?

I've completed it 7-8 times now. First time I got Vision of Confluence, fully ranked it up, loved it and junked it when drunk. I only need one more piece of armour to get to lvl 30 but would nearly swap it to get that god damn gun back.

Got the Raid shotgun yesterday haven't tried it but looks a bit like like the comedian you mentioned earlier. Have the solar comedian but haven't fully levelled it up. It's good up close and absolutely hilarious when you unlock full auto (if not very effective). May improve if there's a perk for stability, can't remember if there is one or if I unlocked it yet.

On Atheon (normal) yesterday and put up Dawn of Light with the blessing of light modifier. All damage to Atheon seemed to increase by 50% when we ran through it. Ice Breaker went from doing around 12,000 critical to 18,000 critical, on my character.

• Advertisement

So doing raids makes reaching lvl 30 easy, but I can't do the raid and wont be capable of soloing nightfall or other lvl 28 strikes without leveling up first, for which I need shards....

I wish they'd bring out a raid & nightfall with matchmaking.
    I don't have time for coordinating a team, by the time I find other players I wouldn't have enough time to finish the mission.

It's a gaming conspiracy against people who work long hours and have wives who expect to have time spent with them in the evenings.

Doing the Raid makes it possible to reach level 30, not easy. I've done it 3 times and have not been given any of the items required to reach level 30.

If you know you are going to struggle to organise a team of 6 for the Raid or even 3 for the Nightfall then head over to www.destinylfg.net. I used that site to get into the first two Raids I completed. I had a good experience both times.

If it is shards you are after then don't forget to do one public event a day to get a guarantee Ascendant material. Complete the daily and weekly on whichever difficulty you can. Then spend all those Vanguard marks on armour which you can then dismantle for shards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement