Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,626 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Would love to pick up a primary gun with solar/void/arc damage. Still running with kinetic damage primaries, on both my characters. Have a load of exotic weapons though - Hawkmoon, Patience and Time, Ice Breaker, Bad Juju and 2 Suros Regime autos. Only the Ice Breaker is fully leveled, and only going to level one of the Suros Regimes.

Will have to try the Raid again over the next couple of nights with my Hunter - my Titan got the Hawkmoon last night. Come on Vision of Confluence!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads the headset that came with the PS4 is worse then bad, was doing the raid last night for the 1st time with a few heads and communication is key and the standard mic it just dont cut it. I have a Sennheiser PC101 headset from my PC with the dual plugs on it (one for mic one for sound) I got a splitter in Argos but the mic wont work with it.

Is there anyone on here who has done the splitter mod?

I dont wanna buy a headset purely for the PS4 when the one I have is very good, I seen a few splitters on ebay apparently for the "PS4" but I doubt it and they are 20 euro ffs.

Any ideas?

There are 2 standards here, the apple one and the Nokia one. the only difference is the pole arrangements, everyone uses apple now even sony but the PS4 use the old Nokia standard as that what the Vita used.

It'll be hit and miss with cheaper stuff as there likly the apple standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Benzino wrote: »
    Grr, getting frustrated with the raid now. All I need are the boots to reach level 30 and they just won't drop :( Just energy, shards and chatterwhite all the time (though this time I got the multi-tool).

I know how you feel, I need either the helmet or the gauntlets to get the level 30, but the damn things won't drop. Bungie really need to fix this, as I have seen other people online who have run the raid several times and have gotten no raid armour at all. Making it a requirement to get to 30 is a pain, as we are at the mercy at RNG to get to level 30.

IMHO, Bungie are taking the **** with the end game grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

wes wrote: »
    I know how you feel, I need either the helmet or the gauntlets to get the level 30, but the damn things won't drop. Bungie really need to fix this, as I have seen other people online who have run the raid several times and have gotten no raid armour at all. Making it a requirement to get to 30 is a pain, as we are at the mercy at RNG to get to level 30.

I agree with this. You can get to level 29 without relying on any luck at all. It is all manageable without relying on RNG. But once you hit 29 they change it up and it is totally based on RNG to get the Raid gear. To fundamentally change it so late in the game is quite annoying. This is why I have settled on 29 and know I will never get to 30 in the base game. I'm interested to see how I can progress once the DLC hits.

I agree with this. You can get to level 29 without relying on any luck at all. It is all manageable without relying on RNG. But once you hit 29 they change it up and it is totally based on RNG to get the Raid gear. To fundamentally change it so late in the game is quite annoying. This is why I have settled on 29 and no I will never get to 30 in the base game. I'm interested to see how I can progress once the DLC hits.

Looks to be the exact same thing for the DLC, but its actually worse, as you will probably have to get the armour from the new raid to get to level 32, that means replacing your current armour completely, and having to get shards and other materials for it. Hopefully, that is not the case, and there is a sensible way to get to level 32.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Not sure how long I can continue on 5 hours sleep a night. Can't be going to bed at 1 every night because I'm up doing the raid :) The missus was giving me grief about it this morning too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I do like that they changed up the levelling system a bit, thinking outside the box etc. but it doesn't work, I mean if it is possible for you to play the game every day and never reach level 30 then it's flawed in my opinion.

At least with the regular XP system, when you kill an enemy or complete a mission you are making some progress towards your goal. But with the current system, you could spend the 2 hours to complete a raid and make no progress what so ever, and then be forced to wait another week before you can try again.

I'm tempted to try Hard mode again, but I'm not sure it's worth it at lvl 29, really think you need to be 30 or have at least 3-4 lvl 30's in the team.

I agree with this. You can get to level 29 without relying on any luck at all. It is all manageable without relying on RNG. But once you hit 29 they change it up and it is totally based on RNG to get the Raid gear. To fundamentally change it so late in the game is quite annoying. This is why I have settled on 29 and know I will never get to 30 in the base game. I'm interested to see how I can progress once the DLC hits.

Can you get to level 29 without raid gear? I thought the max you could reach was level 28 with an exotic.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Not sure how long I can continue on 5 hours sleep a night. Can't be going to bed at 1 every night because I'm up doing the raid :) The missus was giving me grief about it this morning too :(

I think I managed to get away with it last night. But I had promised that I will go to bed early tonight. So no late night Destiny for me today.

Did you get any loot last night from the Raid?
    Can you get to level 29 without raid gear? I thought the max you could reach was level 28 with an exotic.

I am level 29 at the moment. I have one maxed out Exotic chest piece. The rest of my armour is all maxed out Legendaries. No Raid gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No you can get to level 29 with one exotic and regular legendary armour. My Hunter is at level 29 on this basis.

• Advertisement

I do like that they changed up the levelling system a bit, thinking outside the box etc. but it doesn't work, I mean if it is possible for you to play the game every day and never reach level 30 then it's flawed in my opinion.

At least with the regular XP system, when you kill an enemy or complete a mission you are making some progress towards your goal. But with the current system, you could spend the 2 hours to complete a raid and make no progress what so ever, and then be forced to wait another week before you can try again.

Yeah, its a hugely flawed system to get to level 30. The material farming is boring and repetitive task. Getting shards is not too bad, as you can get them from dailys and public events, but again its RNG and can get frustrating, but as you say the worst bit is the raid, where it could potentially take weeks to even get 1 bit of raid gear. It was an interesting idea to level via armour, except that to get to higher levels you have to junk older armour and potentialy go back a level or 2, and with the DLC, looks like that is the only way to get to level 32.
    I'm tempted to try Hard mode again, but I'm not sure it's worth it at lvl 29, really think you need to be 30 or have at least 3-4 lvl 30's in the team.

I think level 29s can do it with fully upgraded weapons, which again take an age to level up. Only now finally getting near leveling up Atheon epilogue, and finally have the oracle perk as well.

Yeah, its a hugely flawed system to get to level 30. The material farming is boring and repetitive task. Getting shards is not too bad, as you can get them from dailys and public events, but again its RNG and can get frustrating, but as you say the worst bit is the raid, where it could potentially take weeks to even get 1 bit of raid gear. It was an interesting idea to level via armour, except that to get to higher levels you have to junk older armour and potentialy go back a level or 2, and with the DLC, looks like that is the only way to get to level 32.

Yeah it is a fundamentally flawed system which I think they should revise. Even having it so that once you reach level 29, you can never drop below it regardless of what gear you have.
    I think level 29s can do it with fully upgraded weapons, which again take an age to level up. Only now finally getting near leveling up Atheon epilogue, and finally have the oracle perk as well.

Ah nice, that looks like a good weapon. Might have another go at it this week so. Last week the Suros was my only primary maxed out, which I couldn't use with the icebreaker. I've a legendary scout rifle now maxed out, so should be able to do more damage this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Yeah, from now on all I am going to do is do the raid on hard on tuesdays (if I can find a team of 30s) and then the nighfall and that's about it. I have like 100 strange coins so I dont need to do the weekly either.

You should not try to do the raid on hard with only 29 no matter if you have fully upgraded weapons or not. It is just too hard to do it. It is a waste of time trust me. You are just too weak and the oracles are too hard to kill.

I have completed several times with 3 29s and 3 30s, even 4 29s and 2 30s but its all about luck, as long as a level 30 gets send out to venus you might stand a chance but even then it took as like 2 hours to complete.

It took us 15 minutes with 4 level 30s

Did you get any loot last night from the Raid last night

Nothing at all just some energy after atheon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    Yeah, from now on all I am going to do is do the raid on hard on tuesdays (if I can find a team of 30s) and then the nighfall and that's about it. I have like 100 strange coins so I dont need to do the weekly either.

You should not try to do the raid on hard with only 29 no matter if you have fully upgraded weapons or not. It is just too hard to do it. It is a waste of time trust me. You are just too weak and the oracles are too hard to kill.

I have completed several times with 3 29s and 3 30s, even 4 29s and 2 30s but its all about luck, as long as a level 30 gets send out to venus you might stand a chance but even then it took as like 2 hours to complete.

It took us 15 minutes with 4 level 30s

Do you have the checkpoint from the last night? I can't remember who was leader at all.

Ah, thats too bad, I was under the impression it would be doable at 29, which just highlights more issues with the raid and leveling.

This looks like a decent guide for doing it in Hard mode. Looks like they all did with it lvl 29's too.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It's been said before, but you CANNOT get the Raid Helm on Normal mode, it's only a drop on Hard, which is why your best bet of trying to level up is using 3x Raid Armour and getting an Exotic helm from Xur

Cormac... wrote: »
    It's been said before, but you CANNOT get the Raid Helm on Normal mode, it's only a drop on Hard, which is why your best bet of trying to level up is using 3x Raid Armour and getting an Exotic helm from Xur

Yup, have the helm from Xur, just need the boots, as I already have the raid gloves and chest (which dropped twice).

Ah, thats too bad, I was under the impression it would be doable at 29, which just highlights more issues with the raid and leveling.

It is doable, I mean, I have done it a few times but you need a good team (and at least 2-3 30s) and a bit of luck.

Tried for hours last week couldnt make it, then joined a team of 4 30s and did it in 15 minutes.

Experience is important as well
    Do you have the checkpoint from the last night? I can't remember who was leader at all.

Hey, you dont need to be the party leader to have the checkpoint, if you try to run the raid now you will see.

I just finished it with my hunter a few minutes ago, we were 5 and did it in 10 minutes!

If you need help and if I am connected let me know and I will join and give you a hand... I got energy again...

Now we are trying on hard but I know the result, we are only 2 30s

• Advertisement

Am I the only one that would like some evidence of all this 10 and 15 minute finishes :pac:

Am I the only one that would like some evidence of all this 10 and 15 minute finishes :pac:

lol

Well it does feel like 15 minutes...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hey, you dont need to be the party leader to have the checkpoint, if you try to run the raid now you will see.

I just finished it with my hunter a few minutes ago, we were 5 and did it in 10 minutes!

If you need help and if I am connected let me know and I will join and give you a hand... I got energy again...

Now we are trying on hard but I know the result, we are only 2 30s

Hah, right you are, just hopped into Vault of Glass for a look and i was at the right spot. I killed the gatekeeper and went through a portal for a laugh, wasn't a total waste as a legendary engram dropped from one of the snipers and I got a nice legendary machine gun out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

I've done vault on normal in like 10 minutes cheesing all the bosses.

Without cheesing usually about 35 mins I'd say

ems_medic wrote: »

ah here! 10 mins? Sure it probably takes 10 minutes to get through the conflux and oracle stage of the templar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Generally takes me 30 minutes to get past the disappearing platforms. Did it once without dieing and then fell off while walking along the ledge.

ems_medic wrote: »

It feels like it takes 10 minutes to fall down all those caves on the way to the Gorgon maze.

It always takes 1 member of the team 10 mins to get down to the bottom of the platforming part :pac:

It always takes 1 member of the team 10 mins to get down to the bottom of the platforming part :pac:

Happened to one of our team members the other night, I won't name him because we all have times where we think Jaysus I must look like a fvckin eejit over here :pac::pac::pac:
    Was funny though.

• Advertisement

weiland79 wrote: »
    Happened to one of our team members the other night, I won't name him because we all have times where we think Jaysus I must look like a fvckin eejit over here :pac::pac::pac:
    Was funny though.

But that guy ended up getting The Hawkmoon gun I think, while the rest of us who were hanging around got shards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement