Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

weiland79 wrote: »
    Where is Xur this evening?

In the hangar. Go to your right when you arrive in the Tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

That titan yellow chest piece ... Is it worth buying? It has a lot less light and defense than my current purple armor?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

In the hangar. Go to your left when you arrive in the Tower.

You're other left.

Go right towards the hanger, then when you enter the hanger go right again. He's at the end of the platform.

.ak wrote: »
    That titan yellow chest piece ... Is it worth buying? It has a lot less light and defense than my current purple armor?

Well if by yellow you mean it is an Exotic then yes it is worth it. Once you level it up then it will have more maximum light than any purple armour. But you can only equip one at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Decided to buy Truth. Never ran the raid and heard a void heavy or special is handy for it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,754 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Any faction recommendations for a Sunsinger? Ultimately it's just for the armour to get through to raid level, don't care about the guns.

I am thinking with sunsinger you want to be spamming grenades and the super, so was thinking FWC. On the other hand Scorch is pretty cool, so NO are an option (they do discipline + strength).

• Administrators Posts: 53,754 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

.ak wrote: »

Yea but remember that if you wear an exotic chest piece you can't wear an exotic helmet.

Which means you have to wait until you complete the raid on hard mode before you'll be able to reach 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,331 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

awec wrote: »
    Yea but remember that if you wear an exotic chest piece you can't wear an exotic helmet.

Which means you have to wait until you complete the raid on hard mode before you'll be able to reach 30.

Such optimism :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

bucks73 wrote: »
    Anyone on the 360 fancy giving the Raid a bash over the weekend? Gt is Limerickred

I might be able to get this going with you, will hook the 360 back up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Decided to buy Truth. Never ran the raid and heard a void heavy or special is handy for it.

You wont regret it, I have mine maxed out and it is a great weapon. Second best rocket launcher out there after the gjallarhon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

foxerv1 wrote: »
    I might be able to get this going with you, will hook the 360 back up tonight.

Nice one. I'll pm a couple of lads on the friend list also to see if we can get organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

bucks73 wrote: »
    Nice one. I'll pm a couple of lads on the friend list also to see if we can get organised.

Just off the phone to herself, apparently tonight is out of the question but tomorrow might be a runner??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Just off the phone to herself, apparently tonight is out of the question but tomorrow might be a runner??

Yeah cool. We'll try for tomorrow so.

What kind of Void weapons do you need to be effective in the hard mode of the Raid?

The only special Void weapons I have are a fully maxed out rare Fusion rifle and a newly found Legendary shotgun, The Comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

What kind of Void weapons do you need to be effective in the hard mode of the Raid?

The only special Void weapons I have are a fully maxed out rare Fusion rifle and a newly found Legendary shotgun, The Comedian.

To do the raid on hard you dont necessarily need void weapons (except to take down the praetorians shields). However, ideally you want full maxed out weapons.

for example, I use

Atheons Epiloge, shadow price, the devil you know or the vex
    Fusion rifle (arc the calming of void light/beware) and a sniper (ice breaker or praedyths revenge, for instance) depending on the stage
    Rocket launcher (gjallarhon ideally (although I dont have it) I use truth or unfriendly giant (both void) or hezen revenge (fire)) or machine gun (corrective measure)

Do not use shotguns, specially if you are still level 29 as you cant get that close to them, specially the praetorians.

But I have seen people using vision of confluence/suros/shadow price and fatebringer (I used shadow price as well), VOC is very good against oracles.

The most important part is that the weapons should be maxed out, for instance, if you have atheons epilogue but it only has 248 damage and you have a shadow price with 300 damage use the shadow price.

You are gonna notice that the main problem/difference between the raid on hard and normal is that everything is harder to kill and that you are easier to kill. Hence why it is advisable to have at least 3-4 level 30s on your team.

Some parts of the raid (like the beginning, the oracles, the templar will be ok with just 29s) (as long as you push the templar off, but others, such as atheon, and even worse the conflux and the gatekeeper could require 4 30s.

I am not saying that you cannot complete it without 4 30s all I am saying is that it makes life much easier, otherwise you will rely in team work and a bit of luck!

So If I were you I would use the fusion rifle to take down the praetorians and then maybe switch to a sniper rifle during the oracle part right before the templar.

Main weapon anything that's maxed out, Suros, shadow price, etc.

Then a good rocket launcher/machine gun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Just logged in again for the first time in weeks, only took about 10 mins to remember why I stopped and then another hour to throw in the towel (again). The production quality and actual combat are excellent but the game is so devoid of content, that was very obviously stripped out before release for DLC purposes, it goes beyond simple boredom to just plain annoying the hell out of me. Time to delete the local content methinks and put Bungie into the sellout/ripoff bucket for never buying their releases again. I don't think I'm in a minority there considering how few people I actually saw playing, and those I did see where all high level showing that new player pickup is extremely bad. They got us with the preorder but will suffer through word of mouth methinks.

Finally got around the to getting it for the PS4.
    Happy with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Just logged in again for the first time in weeks, only took about 10 mins to remember why I stopped and then another hour to throw in the towel (again). The production quality and actual combat are excellent but the game is so devoid of content, that was very obviously stripped out before release for DLC purposes, it goes beyond simple boredom to just plain annoying the hell out of me. Time to delete the local content methinks and put Bungie into the sellout/ripoff bucket for never buying their releases again. I don't think I'm in a minority there considering how few people I actually saw playing, and those I did see where all high level showing that new player pickup is extremely bad. They got us with the preorder but will suffer through word of mouth methinks.

There's still a few people to say the least playing so me thinks you may be wrong.

It definitely has its flaws but by far and away the best FPS about at the minute.

I think people will stick with it too as I've / they've invested so much time into it building up character/weapons/armour/etc...

Personally I can't wait for the dlc.

Between now and then I need to start playing more with others as I'm a lowly 25 ranking.

Between now and then I need to start playing more with others as I'm a lowly 25 ranking.

If you see me playing feel free to jump into my fireteam. I can help you through some higher level content for more rewards.

Bohrio wrote: »
    To do the raid on hard you dont necessarily need void weapons (except to take down the praetorians shields). However, ideally you want full maxed out weapons.

for example, I use

Fusion rifle (arc the calming of void light/beware) and a sniper (ice breaker or praedyths revenge, for instance) depending on the stage
    Rocket launcher (gjallarhon ideally (although I dont have it) I use truth or unfriendly giant (both void) or hezen revenge (fire)) or machine gun (corrective measure)

Do not use shotguns, specially if you are still level 29 as you cant get that close to them, specially the praetorians.

But I have seen people using vision of confluence/suros/shadow price and fatebringer (I used shadow price as well), VOC is very good against oracles.

The most important part is that the weapons should be maxed out, for instance, if you have atheons epilogue but it only has 248 damage and you have a shadow price with 300 damage use the shadow price.

You are gonna notice that the main problem/difference between the raid on hard and normal is that everything is harder to kill and that you are easier to kill. Hence why it is advisable to have at least 3-4 level 30s on your team.

Some parts of the raid (like the beginning, the oracles, the templar will be ok with just 29s) (as long as you push the templar off, but others, such as atheon, and even worse the conflux and the gatekeeper could require 4 30s.

I am not saying that you cannot complete it without 4 30s all I am saying is that it makes life much easier, otherwise you will rely in team work and a bit of luck!

So If I were you I would use the fusion rifle to take down the praetorians and then maybe switch to a sniper rifle during the oracle part right before the templar.

Great post.

I actually have a maxed out VoC and Ice Breaker. I have the Devil You Know almost at max too. Sounds like I'd be okay on a team of level 30s.

I might try find a group on Destinylfg.net over the next while.

• Advertisement

Good games of Control there Cormac (Pretty sure you're Genericdreadhead). Couldn't use a mic as I'm charging the headset. Jesus our team was ****.

Just got an exotic bounty, my second. Decided to take the Bad Juju bounty. Hopefully I'm vindicated when it gets a buff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

If you see me playing feel free to jump into my fireteam. I can help you through some higher level content for more rewards.

Cheers will do. Will need all the help I can get. I enjoy it but I'm not great tbh. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bohrio wrote: »

for example, I use

Have done it with 5 29s and a 28. Its largely down to how good your team is at FPS games and communication. All it takes is one person to consistently die to stop you from completing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,625 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Good games of Control there Cormac (Pretty sure you're Genericdreadhead). Couldn't use a mic as I'm charging the headset. Jesus our team was ****.

Just got an exotic bounty, my second. Decided to take the Bad Juju bounty. Hopefully I'm vindicated when it gets a buff.
    thought you were on XBOX. What is your PSN id? I'll add you later.

thought you were on XBOX. What is your PSN id? I'll add you later.

WesleySkypes

I'm a shard away from Level 28. The last few daily stories and public events I got energies. Trying to resist the urge to buy gear and break it down. 65 crucible marks takes a decent amount of time to earn and I'm nearly level 3. Wanna try out Grim Citizen when I get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

WesleySkypes

I'm a shard away from Level 28. The last few daily stories and public events I got energies. Trying to resist the urge to buy gear and break it down. 65 crucible marks takes a decent amount of time to earn and I'm nearly level 3. Wanna try out Grim Citizen when I get there.

That's what I'm aiming for too :P

Sorry about the duplicate posts there, not sure how that happened.

Had myself a good few games in the Crucible last night. Just getting used to the maps at the moment.
    Anyway, feel free to throw me an add on PSN Needs_More_Beard.

I just received the Bad Juju Exotic weapon. Doesn't look to great really but maybe it will get improved in an update so I'll hold onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I just received the Bad Juju Exotic weapon. Doesn't look to great really but maybe it will get improved in an update so I'll hold onto it.

Don't like it at all myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,331 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Any groups doing HM Raid today or tomorrow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement