Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Did a Raid and a Nightfall last night. Nightfall was a pain. Got killed from under the stairs (my own stupid fault) when I almost had him down and couldn't get back in.
    Some of my deaths were hilarious - spawn in and get instakilled by an invisible ninja from behind type of thing. There was just too much happening Arc Captains, invisible ninjas, Solar Snarks, snipers, the Priest and those f***** servitors. In the end I just had my (much better) mate drop down from where he was and had him kill him.

Got three legendary weapons and a load of shards from the Raid/NF but nothing I really needed.

Yes those ninja's killed us a few times yesterday as well. We were doing the leaving the fireteam and rejoining again and we kept spawning back in front of them...

I always use the cheese spot on the top of the rock but I have to try the one under the platform, I might do it this week

We also noticed that the self-revive on the warlock didnt work for some reason, not sure if it was a glitch of if it is meant to be like this.

Bag selfres and then automatically died a second later...
    5 weeks in a row now I've done the raid and I still cant get the raid boots to drop so stuck at 29.

Thats a 29 hunter, 29 warlock and 29 titan, all can't get drops in the vault to get to level 30 over the last few weeks.

RNG in this game is retarded

I feel your pain.

I am still looking for boots for my warlock and a chest piece or helmet for my titan but all I was getting were shards and energies.

And, funny enough I got what I need to level up to 30 on my hunter class which I hate playing with..

If I would have got shards again this week I would have been very pissed off.

I still need to run it with my titan and see what I get. No armor for my warlock.

I think that when you ran the raid you should be guaranteed a piece of armor and they should avoid repeating it.

I got 3 gaunlets and 2 chest pieces for my hunter, 3 helmets and 2 chest pieces for my warlock, 2 boots for my titan...

I am keeping most as the attributes are slightly different and I am sure I will have plenty of time to upgrade them all and switch them depending of what I need (like more ammo for special weapons, more discipline etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Done the Nightfall last night.
    My bro was helping two of our lower ranked friend through it so i decided to solo it. Went really well. Took my time. Armed with Ice Breaker, vision of confluence and an Arc sniper. Got all the way to the very end part just before you release the Priest. I had planned to hide under the ledge and kinda cheese it best i could. Then out of nowhere a dirty dreg appeared and cut me down. Melee from hell. One slice and it was back to orbit for me.
    Ill bring back up tonight. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

So you'd probably be delighted to hear that on run #2 I got the boots. (Run #1 netted the chest)

Atheon did not go well last night. We had to abandon ship after an age to resume tonight. 3 or 4 of us not knowing how to use the relic does not a smooth run make.

I mistimed a few jumps onto the central platform, sneaky explody harpies from behind. We WILL get it tonight.

Ahh it was mighty craic all the same, big big thanx to all the lads for letting a noob ride shotgun, I learned an awful lot last night. Felt sorry for the seasoned pros not getting it in the end but it was good fun all the same. And we all have to start somewhere, I know I will be a hell of alot better tonight.....

Got the Gjallahorn Rocket Launcher and the Mida Multitool Scout rifle on my first run so not too bad.

I went to bed saying Mars left pillar, Venus Right!!!!!!

See you all tonight, hopefully the FATHER TED relic will be working properly...."How much you pay for the Relic Ted"

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I went to bed saying Mars left pillar, Venus Right!!!!!!

If you are talking about figuring out which plate to defend based on were the others are teleported, just look at your radar and there will be an arrow pointing to the side where you need to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm at level 25 now and a half :p (titan btw)

I now have New Monarchy legendary leg, chest and gauntlet.

I have no crucible points left now though so I have to get what between 40 and 60 games there to get enough to get the 120 points required to buy the helmet.

Am I right in saying then its just about levelling those up with spinmetal etc.. as you can only have one exotic piece which you might win somewhere along the way or buy from xur?

Just checking I'm on the right track.

Also I have 90 Vangaurd marks. What/where do I spend these? (maybe no use to me as I'm with the NM faction?)

Lastly I cant see the time spent on the game in the app anymore for some reason.

thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You'll need ascendant shards to level up certain sections of the legendary armour. If you buy an exotic helm from Xur and use it with your legendary gear you should be able to get to level 29 once everything is fully ranked up.

Vangaurd marks can be used to buy Vangaurd Armour from the Vangaurds, down the stairs at the back but you shouldn't need them as presumably the New Monarchy armour will rank up as high. They can also be used to buy weapons from the guy to the right of yer one that sells the ships - 150 per weapon. I'd recommend a light beware fusion rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,623 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm at level 25 now and a half :p (titan btw)

I now have New Monarchy legendary leg, chest and gauntlet.

I have no crucible points left now though so I have to get what between 40 and 60 games there to get enough to get the 120 points required to buy the helmet.

Am I right in saying then its just about levelling those up with spinmetal etc.. as you can only have one exotic piece which you might win somewhere along the way or buy from xur?

Just checking I'm on the right track.

Also I have 90 Vangaurd marks. What/where do I spend these? (maybe no use to me as I'm with the NM faction?)

Lastly I cant see the time spent on the game in the app anymore for some reason.

thanks!
    You can use Vanguard marks to buy Weapons and Armour from the Vanguard quarter master - in the tower hanger, or your vanguard leader in the central area. You need to be Vanguard level 2 for Armour, and Vanguard Level 3 for weapons.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You'll need ascendant shards to level up certain sections of the legendary armour. If you buy an exotic helm from Xur and use it with your legendary gear you should be able to get to level 29 once everything is fully ranked up.

Vanguard marks can be used to buy Vanguard Armour from the Vanguards, down the stairs at the back but you shouldn't need them as presumably the New Monarchy armour will rank up as high. They can also be used to buy weapons from the guy to the right of yer one that sells the ships - 150 per weapon. I'd recommend a light beware fusion rifle.

Ok cool so I need to get more strange coins so to buy the helmet from Xur.

I'll use the vangaurd to get that fusion rifle cheers. I've only started using them recently tbh. Personally I dont like them in crucible, I'd rather a shotgun, just suits my style of play more. They're quite useful in strikes I find though for the bosses in particular.

Nice to hear I'm on the right track for the most part. :)

Its gas that it took me till level 25 to really get a handle on what goes where, why am I playing certain things.

I remember when I was like level 10 and thinking why is there a level 29 here in Patrol mode for example and for that matter why am I doing these missions? What the hells a bounty for? lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Am I right in saying that you cannot upgrade exotic weapons on patrols and such? Or is it just a hell of alot slower then blue or purple guns.....Is it just bounties and PvP that rank them anyway fast at all?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that you cannot upgrade exotic weapons on patrols and such? Or is it just a hell of alot slower then blue or purple guns.....Is it just bounties and PvP that rank them anyway fast at all?

Exotics are very slow to upgrade, bounties are the quicker way to do it and even then it will take longer than legendaries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ok cool so I need to get more strange coins so to buy the helmet from Xur.

I'll use the vangaurd to get that fusion rifle cheers. I've only started using them recently tbh. Personally I dont like them in crucible, I'd rather a shotgun, just suits my style of play more. They're quite useful in strikes I find though for the bosses in particular.

Nice to hear I'm on the right track for the most part. :)

Its gas that it took me till level 25 to really get a handle on what goes where, why am I playing certain things.

I remember when I was like level 10 and thinking why is there a level 29 here in Patrol mode for example and for that matter why am I doing these missions? What the hells a bounty for? lol.

Yeah I don't play a lot of MP but I believe the shotguns are better for there. The range isn't good for PvE though and the fusions are better there, especially when levelled up - they're better than most primaries for the bosses. You can buy a shotgun from the quarter master in the hanger called the Comedian, which is pretty good.

Anyone else not able to see the time played in the destiny app anymore?

Maybe its a good thing :o but I kinda liked being able to see am I 50hrs in or whatever.

Sony really should follow Nintendo on this one and build it into the home screen somehow.

On the Wii U it gives you all the stats for every game by day/month etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone else not able to see the time played in the destiny app anymore?

Maybe its a good thing :o but I kinda liked being able to see am I 50hrs in or whatever.

Sony really should follow Nintendo on this one and build it into the home screen somehow.

On the Wii U it gives you all the stats for every game by day/month etc..

I was annoyed too when they changed the app around. I like the layout better before and I really liked that chart that showed time played, number of games and kills.

You can still see all these things by going to Bungie.net and viewing your Legend record. But the app was just handy.

Also I agree, I'd love to have a section that tracked time played in each game.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I really don't want to know how much time I put into games... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bungie.net guys:

aunHnEx.jpg?1

Also taken from our Bungie Forums, someone wanna help this poor should out :(

Hi I know this might sound sad but don't know anybody with a X Box One so looking to add some friends to do strikes and raids. Still haven't done the raid. Gamertag is Regan 1138, Titan rank 29. Thanks.

@cormac, thanks for that. It used to come up in the destiny app as well but I cant see it. I could be just having a stupid moment though in fairness. I am quite tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just did the Nightfall there and only got 5 strange for it. The two lads I was playing with both got Exotic weapons.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »

Hi I know this might sound sad but don't know anybody with a X Box One so looking to add some friends to do strikes and raids. Still haven't done the raid. Gamertag is Regan 1138, Titan rank 29. Thanks.

Was that posted in the clan section ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Was that posted in the clan section ?

In the group forum:
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/118535

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Bungie servers will be down for a few hours tomorrow, Thursday, starting 8am Pacific time. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is 4pm our time. The downtime is a maintenance window in preparation for upcoming updates. Full blurb here:

Bungie link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

cdb wrote: »
    Bungie servers will be down for a few hours tomorrow, Thursday, starting 8am Pacific time. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is 4pm our time. The downtime is a maintenance window in preparation for upcoming updates. Full blurb here:

Bungie link

Yeah it's 4pm here, so should be back up around 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Cormac... wrote: »

Have him added to my friends list now.

Yeah it's 4pm here, so should be back up around 8pm

So what am I gonna do for 4 hours

What do people do when they are not playing destiny?

I normally sleep

Bohrio wrote: »
    So what am I gonna do for 4 hours

What do people do when they are not playing destiny?

I normally sleep

Steamworld dig and Dragons Crown on Vita are my two go to games when I'm not playing Destiny. Sort of pick up and play for a few minutes type stuff.

That said I'm tending to play Destiny remotely a lot of late when the missus is watching telly so theres no need for other games unless I want a short break.

I havent even opened Bayonetta 2. Really need to play that in the coming weeks. It looks fantastic.

Destiny is so bloody addictive though it is taking up any time I get game wise.

Its genuinely starting to remind me of the huge chunks of my life I lost to Halo 3 which scares me slightly if I'm honest.

Destiny is so bloody addictive though it is taking up any time I get game wise.

Yeah, know the feeling. Diablo 3 idling on PC (and PS4 too :o), Minecraft, and contemplating getting the new Dragon Age and Far Cry.

I might just go outside, although

27271.jpg

Yeah, know the feeling. Diablo 3 idling on PC (and PS4 too :o), Minecraft, and contemplating getting the new Dragon Age and Far Cry.

I didnt get to play Diablo 3 on xbox360 because I was into Halo 4 I think at that point. Id say its a serious time sink though so I cant justify it.
    edit Sept 13 when Diablo 3 was release coincides with my Wii U purchase so I Nintendo'ing it up at the time and then forgot about it tbh.

I would also like to get lost in Toukiden and Freedom wars but same thing goes for them.

Basically I can have one time sink game on the go at one time plus one or two other pick up and play titles that I can wander my way through slowly but surely.

Its funny that I can basically afford to buy whatever console and games I want these days (not that I'm rich just have a job) where as when I was a child/teen and had the time I couldnt afford jack ****! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,623 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Feck, Tuesday and Thursday this week were my most free nights for Raid etc.... this causes me leveling problems!

• Advertisement

I didnt get to play Diablo 3 on xbox360 because I was into Halo 4 I think at that point. Id say its a serious time sink though so I cant justify it.

It is indeed, but it is an extremely enjoyable one. They have really improved it since release, in relation to the PC version. If your in to that type of RPG, Diablo is the untouchable king of the genre.
    Its funny that I can basically afford to buy whatever console and games I want these days (not that I'm rich just have a job) where as when I was a child/teen and had the time I couldnt afford jack ****! :rolleyes:

Try adding two young kids into the mix. They will always be the priority, but you do get that longing feeling looking at all the new shiny shiny releases.

And I must say I have a fantastically understanding wife, who permits me access to the PS4. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement