Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Soloing Nightfall, priest almost dead. Weasel error. **** this game.

• Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Did the raid and the nightfall today.

In the raid I finally got the gauntlets so just need the chest now.

Nightfall not too bad, you can sit under the platform and take him out from there where he is very unlikely to hit you. Make sure you have ammo synthesis though and be careful with rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone for the raid tonight on PS4 around 8.30 - 9.00

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone for the raid tonight on PS4 around 8.30 - 9.00

I can do it, normal or hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

AdamD wrote: »
    I can do it, normal or hard?

Normal, don't think we will get enough lvl29+ players with appropriate weapons for hard.
    Psn: sniper_samurai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Happy days, got the boots from the raid, just need to level it up so I'm lvl 30 before the weekend and hopefully beat it on hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Big thanks to The40Watt last night for the invite to the strike mission.

I was genuinely embarresed by the stats at the end though.
    When it started I said to the wife. **** its just me and this other person whos way higher ranked than me. I feel bad as he'll have to revive me every two minutes!!

I wasnt far wrong. I think I got 4 kills and you got 66 or something mad like that. :o

Anyway I enjoyed it very much but I wasnt much help. Sorry.
    Its gas as I thought I was shooting at people and getting kills but the stats dont lie.

Anyway if anyone wants a poor player on their team for a strike mission, who cant mic up due to a potentially screaming child in the backround and who may even have to leave mid strike due to said screaming child and angry wife (ah she's not that bad really) please feel free to add me. murphyebass is my psn id thing.

I'm currently a level 25. Although that does not correlate to ability at this game unfortunately. :P

I'll start adding more people to my friend list and hope to drop in on some of ye soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

When it started I said to the wife. **** its just me and this other person whos way higher ranked than me. I feel bad as he'll have to revive me every two minutes!!

I wasnt far wrong. I think I got 4 kills and you got 66 or something mad like that. :o

Its gas as I thought I was shooting at people and getting kills but the stats dont lie.

Anyway if anyone wants a poor player on their team for a strike mission, who cant mic up due to a potentially screaming child in the backround and who may even have to leave mid strike due to said screaming child and angry wife (ah she's not that bad really) please feel free to add me. murphyebass is my psn id thing.

I'm currently a level 25. Although that does not correlate to ability at this game unfortunately. :P

I'll start adding more people to my friend list and hope to drop in on some of ye soon.

I'm in too guys if anyone needs an extra player. Im a level 25, almost 26!! Atsbury1

atsbury wrote: »
    I'm in too guys if anyone needs an extra player. Im a level 25, almost 26!! Atsbury1

I'm level 25 and three quarters. Kinda makes you feel like when you were a kid. I'm 5 and a half. The half is very important! :D

I think raids start at level 26. God help anyone I play them with!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Soloing Nightfall, priest almost dead. Weasel error. **** this game.

Tried soloing the nightfall yesterday, first attempt went as far as the part where there is a battle between the fallen and the Vex, in that big valley where the Kesh is parked, got a weasel error.

Then I tried again went almost as far as on my previous attempt, and then I get a caterpillar error... then I remembered your post and though, f***, if this happens at the last part I would be very angry so I asked Gerard to join in case I got kicked so I could at least rejoin the session...

Needless to say that I didn't have a single disconnect after he joined..

Better safe than sorry

But this disconects are sooo annoying

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    Tried soloing the nightfall yesterday, first attempt went as far as the part where there is a battle between the fallen and the Vex, in that big valley where the Kesh is parked, got a weasel error.

Then I tried again went almost as far as on my previous attempt, and then I get a caterpillar error... then I remembered your post and though, f***, if this happens at the last part I would be very angry so I asked Gerard to join in case I got kicked so I could at least rejoin the session...

Needless to say that I didn't have a single disconnect after he joined..

Better safe than sorry

But this disconects are sooo annoying

Yeah I had to do it with Gerard in the end too. Sometimes I was getting kicked without any error, as if I had gone to orbit myself rather than disconnected.

Seems there's trouble with XBL at the moment, Halo may have broken it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I ran the Weekly solo yesterday and invited StevedPirate in at the very end to pick up the rewards.
    We then ran the nightfall and got BeanBagJohonny in just as the priest died.

It felt good to help them out.

If any low level guys want help with the weekly or nightfall just send me a message and I'll bring you along to collect the rewards.

GT is TitianGerm

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I ran the Weekly solo yesterday and invited StevedPirate in at the very end to pick up the rewards.
    We then ran the nightfall and got BeanBagJohonny in just as the priest died.

It felt good to help them out.

If any low level guys want help with the weekly or nightfall just send me a message and I'll bring you along to collect the rewards.

GT is TitianGerm

Doesn't feel so good when you get 8 strange coins and they get exotics!! lol

You are like the robin hood of destiny man

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Drops are so completelly random though !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »

You are like the robin hood of destiny man

I got nothing because I was rerunning again.

And you sir have the greatest collection of legendary and exotics I've ever seen !!

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I got nothing because I was rerunning again.

And you sir have the greatest collection of legendary and exotics I've ever seen !!

I do indeed, still missing a few ;)

Drops are random and most of the time unfair (not that it matters to me as I have been giving the best rewards for basically doing nothing during the strike) but it can be frustrating. I do think they should be more equal or a the same level. Like I think emmet got 8 strange coins as well (same as me) but I can get 9 strange coins but running the normal lv28 strike which is supposed to be easier? that makes little sense

And dont even get me started with the raid and my 200 shards...

But I do feel bad specially in the crucible when a guy goes 28-1 and gets a blue engram and a guy doing 5-5 gets an exotic (normally me) :p

This is very handy: http://destinystatus.com/

No more having to go to the tower just to check my faction/vanguard/crucible rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I only had to revive you once, which isn't bad considering you were 3 levels under powered. I'll be doing the weekly strike at some point so if you are online I'll drop an invite.

As for the Raid at level 26 I think you might find it a little frustrating. I'm open to correction on this but I think it is doable at 27 but very tough at 26. Anyone agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

As for the Raid at level 26 I think you might find it a little frustrating. I'm open to correction on this but I think it is doable at 27 but very tough at 26. Anyone agree?

Depends who you do it with, I did it last night with a level 25 in the team and we had no trouble at all as the rest of the team were 28+ and knew what they were doing.

I only had to revive you once, which isn't bad considering you were 3 levels under powered. I'll be doing the weekly strike at some point so if you are online I'll drop an invite.

That was the time I kinda ran head first into a group of three enemies. Was a very Noobish move on my part.

I basically followed you about from there on as I didnt really know what I was going to encounter next and wanted you nearby just incase I needed to be revived. Didnt want you having to go 10 miles across the map to revive me. :o

In fairness I may not have died but I didnt kill much either.

Ah to be honest I think I'm a while away from a raid just yet. That said I dont want to miss out on them though so I just have to keep trying to level up and get to the point where I wouldnt be completely dragging the team down.

I think I speak for all of the lower levelled / and eh maybe not so good of us here when I say we appreciate the helping hand as theres definately lovely perks to finishing these weeklys etc.. that I know I wouldnt be getting otherwise. :cool:

• Advertisement

At level 26 you will really struggle. You'd need the other 5 people to be 28/29/30 and all pretty good.

You will probably make it as far as the gatekeeper and then things will get hairy. Getting the two relics after the gatekeeper would be difficult and you'd have to not go through the portal and just try and stay alive. And then if Atheon teleports you you'll struggle.

It used to be more doable at 26 when the 26 could be protected the whole way through and never, ever be teleported at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You people are all spoilt for choice with high level boardsies to run the Raid with :rolleyes:

Back in my day we ran it with:
    • 3x26, 2x27 and a 28 (i think, i might be wrong)
    • No youtube guides, no one to walk us through it.
    • No glitches or cheesing spots figured out.
    • No raid weaponry
    • Some missing headsets
    • Several smoke breaks
    • Some changes in personnel
    • Me on my way to being pretty drunk
    It took 3 sittings and about 10 hours but by christ was it fun.
    We dance-partied in the tower and climbed trees with our Chatterwhite shaders like we were gods walking among mere mortals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Cormac... wrote: »
    You people are all spoilt for choice with high level boardsies to run the Raid with :rolleyes:

Back in my day we ran it with:
    • 3x26, 2x27 and a 28 (i think, i might be wrong)
    • No youtube guides, no one to walk us through it.
    • No glitches or cheesing spots figured out.
    • No raid weaponry
    • Some missing headsets
    • Several smoke breaks
    • Some changes in personnel
    • Me on my way to being pretty drunk
    It took 3 sittings and about 10 hours but by christ was it fun.
    We dance-partied in the tower and climbed trees with our Chatterwhite shaders like we were gods walking among mere mortals.

Ye were, just none of us knew it. We probably just stood and stared and said look at those weirdos ☺

Yea, but back then you could pick and choose who did the more difficult bits at the end. :D

I'm just waiting for them to patch the Templar next. Haven't properly killed him in ages, and being a Hunter the cheese method means I get a 5 minute break of doing nothing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

When I started doing Raids it was with guys who had done it 50 times plus. It can be quite daunting at first people were using words like conflux, portals, Atheon, "shoot the oracle Gimli quick".....
    It was only after I had done it 5-6 times that I fully understood what was going on. The normal mode is pretty easy now as everyone is levelled up and has appropriate firepower but it wasn't always like that.
    Still have an absolute mental block when it comes to those disappearing platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I remember when there was nothing but fields there.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    When I started doing Raids it was with guys who had done it 50 times plus. It can be quite daunting at first people were using words like conflux, portals, Atheon, "shoot the oracle Gimli quick".....
    It was only after I had done it 5-6 times that I fully understood what was going on. The normal mode is pretty easy now as everyone is levelled up and has appropriate firepower but it wasn't always like that.
    Still have an absolute mental block when it comes to those disappearing platforms.

Yeah reading that makes me think I'll wait a good while yet.

Disappearing platforms?! :eek:

Must have a look at youtube clips out of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Finished it for the second time last night (we started Tuesday). Had a hard time on Atheon, well, hard time with the relic. Only 2 of us where actually competent is using it (I'm not one of those). Definitely have the bug to do it again though. I know I died too many times though. Harpies appearing out of nowhere, mistiming the jump to middle platform.

Hoping Xur sells the Titan helmet tomorrow. I have the Raid chest piece and greaves. Just need gauntlets now. At this point in time I can't see myself doing Raid on hard (I know lvl30 is pretty much the only lvl you can do it {or at least with only 2 lvl29's}) to get the Raid helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Mickeroo wrote: »
    This is very handy: http://destinystatus.com/

No more having to go to the tower just to check my faction/vanguard/crucible rep.

Absolutely mad it isn't available in the options screens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Yeah reading that makes me think I'll wait a good while yet.

Disappearing platforms?! :eek:

Must have a look at youtube clips out of interest.

You're making a mountain of a molehill :pac:
    Send me a friend request there (i'm in work and since they updated the PS4 app on my phone, they have ****ed my ability to add people)
    If I have space in my team later, i'll take you through it.
    There's essentially like 8 parts. But all you have to do is treat them as individual sections and it's grand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement