Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cormac... wrote: »
    You're making a mountain of a molehill :pac:
    Send me a friend request there (i'm in work and since they updated the PS4 app on my phone, they have ****ed my ability to add people)
    If I have space in my team later, i'll take you through it.
    There's essentially like 8 parts. But all you have to do is treat them as individual sections and it's grand.

I wont be playing for a couple of days for any proper length of time as I have a few things on but hopefully next week.

Thanks for the offer.

Im gonna start adding more of ye in the next few days.

Is there a list of everyone who plays here anywhere?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I wont be playing for a couple of days for any proper length of time as I have a few things on but hopefully next week.

Thanks for the offer.

Im gonna start adding more of ye in the next few days.

Is there a list of everyone who plays here anywhere?

Cheers.

There is a list, but it's within the PS4 Chat Room, which you would need to add me as a friend so i could add youth the room.....

It sounds complicated.... but it's not, just like the Raid :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yeah reading that makes me think I'll wait a good while yet.

Disappearing platforms?! :eek:

Must have a look at youtube clips out of interest.

Here's a bit of a quick summary. The important thing is to tell your fireteam at the start that you've never done it before.

Part 1 - the sync plates. There are 3 plates, left, middle and right. You need to hold all three for a period of time. Praetorian's spawn (minotaurs) and will try and take them back, you need to kill them before they get inside the plate. Void weapons help here. If you've never done it before the middle is the easiest of the three and you should pair with one of the highest level players.

*first chest is inside the door and down the stairs a bit*

Part 2 - Confluxes

a) Defend the centre conflux - just don't let any vex near it. Kill them all. Watch out for the ones that spread green goo when they die. If it touches you you have to run to the middle of the map into the glowing circle.

b) Defend left and right confluxes - same as above, but there are two now so you have to divide up

c) Defend all three - same as before but all three are now active

Part 3 - Oracles

After the confluxes you'll do the oracles bit. These are glowing yellow circle thingys. There are 8 rounds of this, basically it's kill a load of vex, then shoot all the oracles that appear as fast as possible. Rinse and repeat 8 times.

Part 4 - Templar

People always cheese this bit by pushing him over the edge with titan and warlock grenades. Follow your team down the stairs. If you are a hunter, take a seat and go make a cup of tea. If your super comes up kill some things to generate orbs.

If your a warlock / titan - I have no idea, never done it as either of these classes.

* first loot drop is either after the oracles or after the templar - can't remember which*

*there's a chest just after the templar in the crack, but usually it has fcuk all in it.*

Part 5 - falling

Just loads of falling down holes. make sure to double jump to avoid hard landings. You'll get 2 chests during the descent. Turn the brightness up on your TV - the holes are dark and it makes it waaay easier.

Part 6 - Gorgons

Just sneaking past them, no shooting at all in this bit. If you shoot you'll probably die. They're not allowed to see you basically. there's another chest at this point

Part 7 - Jumping across the big hole

You jump across a big hole :) . For titan and warlock it's easy. For hunter you need triple jump for sure. Jump down to your right to the lowest ledge then triple jump your way across

Part 8 - Gatekeeper

Kill the gatekeeper, go through each portal, get both the relics, get out of portal and go to middle and defend for like 30 seconds. As a first time player you probably won't go into the portals.

Part 9 - atheon

Random people get teleported. There are always 3 not teleported (left outside), so sometimes only 2 will get teleported. If you get teleported, let the highest level person (and never you if you are a first timer) pick up the relic. The other people just need to shoot the red oracles that appear as fast as they can. Then leave the portal, jump to the middle, dude with relic puts up shield and you shoot like feck at atheon through it. Rinse and repeat.

If you have the relic and you die you're pretty much fcuked. If you die inside a portal it's much more annoying than dying outside as it means only two people will be teleported the next time. Not so bad if they end up in the same place as the previous time (ie if you die on venus and they get teleported to venus again) but if it's the other one its hard.

Honestly, it sounds more complicated than it is. It is by far the most interesting part of the entire game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

awec wrote: »
    Part 2 - Confluxes

a) Defend the centre conflux - just don't let any vex near it. Kill them all. Watch out for the ones that spread green goo when they die. If it touches you you have to run to the middle of the map into the glowing circle.

b) Defend left and right confluxes - same as above, but there are two now so you have to divide up

c) Defend all three - same as before but all three are now active

Just on this, if you find you might get swarmed during the period after you defend the confluxes, the part where the templar summons its legions, the enemy spawns are on a set timer, and can be avoided by jumping into the hole in the wall on the left side of the main structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Bah! Servers are still down.

I hoped to be playing PES2015 tonight but it didn't arrive yet. So thought I'd do the weekly mission. No luck there either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Back on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Finally beat atheon on hard. My reward; raid helmet, vex mythoclast and aspect of glass ship. Grin from ear to ear!
    So much easier when you're level 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Bah! Servers are still down.

I hoped to be playing PES2015 tonight but it didn't arrive yet. So thought I'd do the weekly mission. No luck there either.

Yeah I forgot the servers were down as well. Went to play and got the error. :mad:

I then thought sure I'll download the Mario Kart 8 DLC and give that a bash. It was taking forever to download so I left that running in the backround. :mad:

Whats typical about this was my wife was out for a good 2 hours and the kids were actually asleep for once! :rolleyes:

Ah well football tonight. C'mon you boys in green!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Exotic chest pieces, helmet engram and The Last Word on sale at your friendly caped worm face today and all weekend !!

He's opposite the speakers tower.

What's the last word like (hand cannon) ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Exotic chest pieces, helmet engram and The Last Word on sale at your friendly caped worm face today and all weekend !!

The Last Word --- awesome needed that.
    Will roll the dice on the legendary engram as well (maybe twice)

He's opposite the speakers tower.

What's the last word like (hand cannon) ?

Supposed to be very good. A friend has it and hated it at first but started liking it once he began unlocking perks for it.

I'm 3 strange coins short for the weapon. Going to have to do a weekly with my alt later to get the extra 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The Last Word --- awesome needed that.
    Will roll the dice on the legendary engram as well (maybe twice)

If your looking for a Titan helmet get the engram with one of your other characters and open it with them 50% chance you'll get the one you need.

Think I might get The Last Word. Is it better than The Devil You Know ?

If your looking for a Titan helmet get the engram with one of your other characters and open it with them 50% chance you'll get the one you need.

Think I might get The Last Word. Is it better than The Devil You Know ?

I have the Devil You Know and really like it. My friend tells me The Last Word is much much better. It's the type of thing he says to annoy me but this time I think he's telling the truth.

Have both Titan Helmets (Helm of Saint-14 is probably my favourite thing in the game) and the Three Hunter ones so I might try that for the Warlock as I only have one Helm for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Looks like Iron Banner 2.0 is back next week and they are beta testing a new chat feature after Monday's update.

Edit: Seems people who have the expansion pass will get a free sparrow at some point too.

The Last Word seems to be an automatic hand cannon.

Automatic with 8 rounds - sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The Last Word seems to be an automatic hand cannon.

Automatic with 8 rounds - sounds great!

Don't look at the official forums. So. Much. Tears.

"I EARNED my The Last Word" , "How did you earn yours", "Bungie said Xur would never sell The Last Word". "Well done Bungie, TLW is now gonna need to be nerfed"

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Got the last word! Finally something I wanted, maybe next week he will sell the gjallahorn! :)

I have the Devil You Know and really like it. My friend tells me The Last Word is much much better. It's the type of thing he says to annoy me but this time I think he's telling the truth.

Have both Titan Helmets (Helm of Saint-14 is probably my favourite thing in the game) and the Three Hunter ones so I might try that for the Warlock as I only have one Helm for him.

I have the devil you know fully maxed out and love it... is by far my favorite gun, the amount of damage it puts out is unreal, I get around 1500-1700 on criticals.

I think the last word will be around the same if not slightly higher, so far I am getting around 1100 and I just got it.. I have also been told the same so I can't wait to fully max it out and compare them both.

All the other handcannons I have (one day I will get fatebringer) dont come anywhere close to the devil you know

• Advertisement

Don't look at the official forums. So. Much. Tears.

"I EARNED my The Last Word" , "How did you earn yours", "Bungie said Xur would never sell The Last Word". "Well done Bungie, TLW is now gonna need to be nerfed"

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Bungie Forums make me despair for game playing humans.

Pity he didn't have helms this week, that's all I need to hit level 30.

I've 44 Strange Coins burning a hole in my pocket and I've had The Last Word for a month and I don't use it (I don't use HCs or Shotguns)

Bohrio - do you have Hawk Moon? I've been told that's the best handcannon. Although it's a toss up (apparently) between it and TLW.

Haven't fully maxed the Devil You Know. Have two discs left to do. So many guns so little ascendant energy and am absolutely drowning in shards. :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio - do you have Hawk Moon? I've been told that's the best handcannon. Although it's a toss up (apparently) between it and TLW.

Haven't fully maxed the Devil You Know. Have two discs left to do. So many guns so little ascendant energy and am absolutely drowning in shards. :rolleyes:

Hawk moon is play station exclusive I think for now.

I got fatebringer a couple of weeks ago and it's made me love hand cannons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I've had the last word maxed out for some time now. Can confirm, it's a beast! :-)

I have 8 Exotic Weapons and 18 Legendaries......

But do I have the patience and time (bah dum tisch) to upgrade any but a handful of them but farming Mats?

no, no I don't
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Bungie Forums make me despair for game playing humans.

Pity he didn't have helms this week, that's all I need to hit level 30.

I've 44 Strange Coins burning a hole in my pocket and I've had The Last Word for a month and I don't use it (I don't use HCs or Shotguns)

Yeah, was hoping for the helm this week myself. Just need the gauntlets from normal raid along with an exotic helm.

From what I heard, the best hand cannon is Fatebringer but I could be wrong though...

I am gonna run the raid again today on hard and hopefully I will get it and then I will be able to compare the three of them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

TLW looks like it'll be good in PVP, but I'd still be going for the 12/13 round TDYK in PVE.

it'll be nerfed eventually.

• Advertisement

Is there anyone who can help me run through the weekly strike level 22 really quickly? Need those 3 coins and need them in the next 90 mins.

On xbox one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement