Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So we got through all that pretty quickly, like an hour and a half to Atheon. We had a level 24 (Fieldog) as one of our 6 :pac:

Everything was fairly smooth up until Atheon but we might need a bit more tactical know how for when we get through the portals. Had to call it a night with an Atheob save, so not so bad.

Got raid gloves and Found Verdict so far so all in all, a decent couple of hours Raiding.

When you get teleported, the highest level should always be the one to pick up the relic. First thing to do is call whether you are Mars or Venus, though you can actually see it on the radar if you are outside.

That person initially kills the mobs (jump up in the air and then right trigger to attack. ALWAYS jump up and right trigger as it causes more damage).

Other players shoot the oracles. These two should stay together and not drift apart.

When the relic holder has killed the mob he should come back and cleanse the other two (this is why they should stick together).

When all the oracles have been killed it'll say something like "guardians make their own fate" at the bottom. Run through the portal again, relic holder should go last. You might need to cleanse again just before you go through depending on how long it took to kill the oracles (because being blind as you come through is very bad).

Relic holder should go straight to the middle and put the shield bubble. Other players should jump to the middle and get in the bubble and shoot at Atheon's stomach. Be really, really careful with rockets, I think they can go through the bubble but if you skim off another player or anything they will explode and kill you.

On the middle platform there is a wall - the person putting up the shield should try and include that wall inside the bubble shield. This is because Atheon can shoot it and it will cause splash damage if it's exposed - basically that can wipe your entire team out even if they are inside the shield.

When there is about 5 seconds left on the shield you should get off the middle. Rinse and repeat.

If you have a Titan defender on the fireteam he should put up his bubble shield at the BACK of the middle platform. This allows you a few extra seconds inside the relic bubble as you can all just move to the titan bubble as soon as it expires. The difference being you can no longer shoot out. Either way, do not get yourself caught standing on that platform with Atheon able to shoot at you as 1 hit will probably kill you or very close to it.

If you are not teleported, stand up on a ledge and shoot the supplicants. Do not stand on the ground or you will get blown up. Not being teleported is really just a case of staying alive. You should go to whatever side they are teleported (Mars is left, Venus is right). Two people focus on that side and one person should shoot across to the other side to just take out the supplicants over there, to make it easier in future.

The fastest I've ever beaten him is with two trips through the portal, but usually it takes 4 or 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

RNGesus blessed me today. Got Hawkmoon, Found Verdict and raid gloves from the Raid. Just got a legendary engram from a Tiger Strike and got the 77 Wizard, which looks like it will be amazing against Praetorians once leveled up.

Hawkmoon is a beast so far. May well replace The Devil You Know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

djkeogh wrote: »
    cheers for the dig out earlier Bohrio, just goes to show how ridiculously underpowered my lvl 23 is on the lvl 26 strikes. Crazy different world. Cheers anyway.

That was probably the longest strike I have ever done.... but the guy just wouldnt die!

sorry it took so long, for some reason the 26 seemed harder than when I play the 28 solo :S weird

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Bohrio wrote: »
    That was probably the longest strike I have ever done.... but the guy just wouldnt die!

sorry it took so long, for some reason the 26 seemed harder than when I play the 28 solo :S weird

Pretty sure the boss health is lower when you solo. So if your team mate is a 23 shooting at a 26 boss, you'll be doing all the killing and against a boss with higher health.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

11 Raids down, 0 gauntlets acquired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

AdamD wrote: »
    11 Raids down, 0 gauntlets acquired.
    Just as bad, 8 raids completed and only received one piece of raid armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Any of you guys doing HM Raid tomorrow per chance? Wouldn't mind getting some more shards and shader, can never have enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I spent those coins we got and bought the armour from Xur so it's been a great help for me. Clearly need to get up a few more levels so I can start holding my own at the higher levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Only ever done full raid once, got the gjallahorn and the Mida Multitool. Am I right in saying you only get lot once a day or once a week.....really need to get in alot more. It is hard to get 6 local lads together all the same.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Only ever done full raid once, got the gjallahorn and the Mida Multitool. Am I right in saying you only get lot once a day or once a week.....really need to get in alot more. It is hard to get 6 local lads together all the same.

It resets every Tuesday, you get rewards once a week on normal and once a week on hard. If you just do it on hard you get the rewards for normal and hard at the same time but that's all your rewards for the week. A lot of people have made second characters now to double up their weekly rewards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'd be up for doing the the raid on hard tonight.

Benzino wrote: »
    I'd be up for doing the the raid on hard tonight.

Same, still haven't gotten past confluxes myself on hard though. Would be a good idea to do it with Toaster and Varik if possible, having 2 level 30s should improve our odds a bit.

Same, still haven't gotten past confluxes myself on hard though. Would be a good idea to do it with Toaster and Varik if possible, having 2 level 30s should improve our odds a bit.

I'm level 30 now, so should be more useful. But yeah, the more level 30's the better. If you are level 29,then it's important to have maxed out weapons to deal the most fire power.

Benzino wrote: »
    I'm level 30 now, so should be more useful. But yeah, the more level 30's the better. If you are level 29,then it's important to have maxed out weapons to deal the most fire power.

Yeah got my primary and heavy weapons and current armour maxed for it. Might need to work on levelung some more secondary weapons though as the only one I have maxed atm is the Icebreaker.

Definitely be up for the HM, really could do with some armor. It's beyond parody at this point.

Finally! Did HM and got something other than Shards. Gloves and Chestpiece, along with Truth, the Raid Sniper and MG and the Cloak and Ship. Quite happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just got the fatebringer... bring it on ;)

Bought TLW from Xur Friday. Doing the Raid on Hard the next day and Fatebringer dropped. TLW is awesome. Fatebringer is awesomer:)
    It was good at first and then enemies started exploding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Have to say, I'm starting to get bored with Destiny now....

Same strikes, same daily missions....
    Crucible is fun, but other games on the shelf are starting to draw my attention more.

It seems like after level 26 the game becomes 100% grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,623 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

mainly playing it now so that I become better and more usefull in the raids, which are great fun to be honest. Have a good laugh each time I do it, generally the group is good fun. poor benny though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

BizzyC wrote: »
    Have to say, I'm starting to get bored with Destiny now....

Same strikes, same daily missions....
    Crucible is fun, but other games on the shelf are starting to draw my attention more.

It seems like after level 26 the game becomes 100% grinding.

I took a break from it the last two weeks but found myself back playing this weekend trying to level up another character which is something I said I would never do! I really enjoyed playing this weekend after a break away from it, try mix it up a bit and you should be ok then!

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Bought TLW from Xur Friday. Doing the Raid on Hard the next day and Fatebringer dropped. TLW is awesome. Fatebringer is awesomer:)
    It was good at first and then enemies started exploding.

hehe

TLW is a cool weapon, but it is not a good hand cannon, very little impact, and a lot of recoil makes it just decent in PvE (this is just my opinion of course).

For example, The devil you know and Lord High Fixed give much more damage than TLW making most of the shots 1 shot 1 kill (if critical) while with the TLW you will need at least 1 critical and 1 non critical hit (if not more) to kill it.

This is because, for me, it is harder to get critical hits than with LHF or TDYK

Like a default LHF gives 10-20% more damage than TLW almost fully upgraded? and a fully maxed out TDYK gives around 30% more damage than TLW.

But fatebringer is on a different level, same impact as TDYK and LHF but with the add on of having Arc damage and firefly which is a great addition specially when you have tons of enemies all together.. I find it very hard to use another weapon but the fatebringer at the moment, specially when arc burn is on!

However, and after saying all this I still thing that TLW is "the coolest" weapon out there, those animation makes me feel like I am some sort of bad ass cowboy and I really enjoy using it but when things get difficult I will always switch to fatebringer, VoC, Atheons epilogue or TDYK.

I want to upgrade LHF but first I want to upgrade A.1F19X-Ryl, that things impact is just unbelievable. I was getting critical hits of 819 (without any upgrades) where I was getting 620 with a full maxed out Vision of confluence and 540 with an almost maxed out Multitool???

I have the feeling that this scout rifle can go over 1100 on critical hits when fully maxed out... so I have stopped upgrading TLW and focused on this scout rifle and Plan C, they are my priority now and deserve all my energies ;)

Oh, I have that Scout rifle but haven't fully levelled it up. Must do that so. Fatebringer is already one of my favourites. Suros, Fatebringer & Vision of Confluence (which I accidentally junked) probably in that order.

Vision of Confluence feels horrible to use but its very effective in the Raid and pretty much essential for me on HM. Hopefully the Fate Bringer will be better than it once I have it ranked up, pity it takes an age to rank guns up. Just let me use my Suros/Ice breaker/Ghallajorn at the same time Bungie :pac:

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Oh, I have that Scout rifle but haven't fully levelled it up. Must do that so. Fatebringer is already one of my favourites. Suros, Fatebringer & Vision of Confluence (which I accidentally junked) probably in that order.

Agghh... I often panic when I think I might have accidentally dismantled one of my legendaries....

Let me know what you think about that weapon, I am going to try to have it fully upgraded by the end of the week. I must have spent all my 150 energies upgrading weapons as I only have 26 left. on the good side I now have upgraded most of my weapons and I only have a few left to upgrade (most of them are almost fully upgraded) TLW, Plan C, pocket infinity, thunderlord, red death, LHF, Suros and multitool and the already mentioned scout rifle, ummmm I think I will need another 80 energies for that...

Well this week raid should take care of that... can't wait to get more shards and energies and another lovely chadderwhite
    Vision of Confluence feels horrible to use but its very effective in the Raid and pretty much essential for me on HM. Hopefully the Fate Bringer will be better than it once I have it ranked up, pity it takes an age to rank guns up. Just let me use my Suros/Ice breaker/Ghallajorn at the same time Bungie

I find both weapons excellent.

I normally switch between them (and atheons epilogue) depending on what stage I am on.

For example, VoC is excellent for the oracle part and for atheon. FT is great for gatekeepers and atheon as well, atheons epilogue is good for everything (unless you are sniping the oracles from the top platform) in general.

For Atheon I find praetorian foil to be excellent for killing those oracles, it is 1 shot 1 kill for the oracles if you are level 30... great stuff

And Gjallahorn is the only weapon left that I want... hopefully it will be a drop this week on either the nighfall or the raid...

Best way I find to upgrade weapons is following the bag or was it emmet? advice and turn on your telemetry right before you are turning all your bounties in (try doing 5 at a time) that will def help, nighfalls and heroic are also a good way of doing this...

If I do that on all my 3 characters I can almost fully upgrade my exotic weapons in like 1 day, maybe a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Has anyone gotten the Monte Carlo or Hard Light Auto Rifles..... I really want an Exotic Auto Rifle :(

Cormac... wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten the Monte Carlo or Hard Light Auto Rifles..... I really want an Exotic Auto Rifle :(

My brother got the Monte Carlo yesterday. Joined another Nightfall and 5 minutes later got the Multi Tool Scout Rifle. The Suros is probably the best auto rifle imo. I have two of them. The only other gun I'd probably buy again is the Ice Breaker. Now I think of it I have 2 Atheon Epilogues and three light bewares with different damage.

I'd agree that the Vision of Confluence doesn't seem that great to use but everyone I play with in the Raid uses it. The solar damage / oracle damage is very effective. My Raid guns are The Suros/Atheon Epilogue, Light Beware and Extreme Measures - the last three all have void damage.

• Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

hehe

TLW is a cool weapon, but it is not a good hand cannon, very little impact, and a lot of recoil makes it just decent in PvE (this is just my opinion of course).

For example, The devil you know and Lord High Fixed give much more damage than TLW making most of the shots 1 shot 1 kill (if critical) while with the TLW you will need at least 1 critical and 1 non critical hit (if not more) to kill it.

This is because, for me, it is harder to get critical hits than with LHF or TDYK

Like a default LHF gives 10-20% more damage than TLW almost fully upgraded? and a fully maxed out TDYK gives around 30% more damage than TLW.

But fatebringer is on a different level, same impact as TDYK and LHF but with the add on of having Arc damage and firefly which is a great addition specially when you have tons of enemies all together.. I find it very hard to use another weapon but the fatebringer at the moment, specially when arc burn is on!

However, and after saying all this I still thing that TLW is "the coolest" weapon out there, those animation makes me feel like I am some sort of bad ass cowboy and I really enjoy using it but when things get difficult I will always switch to fatebringer, VoC, Atheons epilogue or TDYK.

I want to upgrade LHF but first I want to upgrade A.1F19X-Ryl, that things impact is just unbelievable. I was getting critical hits of 819 (without any upgrades) where I was getting 620 with a full maxed out Vision of confluence and 540 with an almost maxed out Multitool???

I have the feeling that this scout rifle can go over 1100 on critical hits when fully maxed out... so I have stopped upgrading TLW and focused on this scout rifle and Plan C, they are my priority now and deserve all my energies ;)
    There's an upgrade for TLW that gives it no recoil I think.

awec wrote: »
    There's an upgrade for TLW that gives it no recoil I think.

Yes but it is still not as accurate as the other 3 and the range on TLW is also pretty bad.

I will wait to fully upgrade it before giving it my final verdict, but I am sure it will be my 4th favorite hand cannon so far.

Completed the raid in hard mode yesterday for the first time, got the gloves (for the 2nd time, different stats though), the ship and VoC with solar. A bit disappointed with that, as they are all gettable in normal mode besides the ship which is slightly different than the normal version (both of which don't look great imo).

The biggest surprise was we got by the confluxes in the very first go with only 2 lvl 30's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Anyone up for Vault of Glass on normal tonight before the reset.

Would be happy to do the first section and hopefully get some decent loot and then see from there. I'll be on from 9 or so. PSN ID: CDB-Whoop

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement