Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I really wish the armour was a guaranteed drop in the Raid.

Everything else should be random like it is now, but the armour is a requirement for levelling up and the randomness of it combined with the once-per-week schedule just makes it a total nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,623 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

awec wrote: »
    I really wish the armour was a guaranteed drop in the Raid.

Everything else should be random like it is now, but the armour is a requirement for levelling up and the randomness of it combined with the once-per-week schedule just makes it a total nuisance.
    agreed - even if the armour itself was random (as it would need to be) so you might end up with 2 or 3 of somethnig before getting what you need but I've done the raid 4 times with each character and only got an armour drop once for either character. So basically 3 wasted runs with both, and i'm stuck on 29 till I do another 2 raids with both, minimum.

Maybe even change the raid reset so it isn't just a once a week thing either. I dunno. The gear needs to be a little easier to come by.

I've been waiting on the raid hunter chest armour for about 4 or 5 weeks now. Getting fed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

cdb wrote: »
    Anyone up for Vault of Glass on normal tonight before the reset.

Would be happy to do the first section and hopefully get some decent loot and then see from there. I'll be on from 9 or so. PSN ID: CDB-Whoop

I should be on later, between half 9 and 10. If you still need a spot filled give us a shout. Happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

agreed - even if the armour itself was random (as it would need to be) so you might end up with 2 or 3 of somethnig before getting what you need

I have run the raid on every one of my characters for the last 3 weeks.

Both on hard and normal (from now on i will be only running it on hard unless someone needs help).

I got so far (both rewards hard/normal):

Warlock: 3 helmets, 4 chests pieces (no gaunlets nor boots)
    Titan: 2 gaunlets, 4 boots
    Hunter: 3 gaunlets, 2 chest pieces, 2 boots (only one on 30 atm)

Even random armor drops are still a pain but hey, better than chatterwhite or a glass ship (I have 5 so far)... lol

And like 24 chadderwhites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

You should be able to reach level 30 this week without needing to raid. Just level up your Iron Banner rep and buy the new gear, apparently they give you enough light to reach 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Benzino wrote: »
    You should be able to reach level 30 this week without needing to raid. Just level up your Iron Banner rep and buy the new gear, apparently they give you enough light to reach 30.

My favourite, playing some PVP to get to level 30... not sure whats worse for me if to repeat the raid over and over in hope of getting to level 30 or if to play PvP...

I guess Iwill give it a go, I currently have 0 rep on IB it is going to be a long road of pain and frustration for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Benzino wrote: »

Only boots and Gauntlets though, there won't be any IB chest pieces apparently
    Power. Does. Matter! (no, really)
    Only players Level 20 and above can lead a Fireteam
    Players below Level 20 can accompany more powerful friends
    Players within 3 Levels can be competitive with each other
    Your DEFENSE rating affects how you take damage
    Wear your best (highest rated) armor
    Players out of your league will seem like a Boss
    Your ATTACK rating affects how you inflict damage
    Equip your best (highest rated) weapons
    Lower-level players wielding fully-upgraded weapons should still be considered a very credible threat!

Claim victory to gain reputation.
    Lord Saladin now has five ranks to obtain through victory
    Your previous Iron Banner rank has been preserved
    The Tempered buff is a twelve-hour boost in reputation gains
    Activate Tempered later during the event to catch up faster

Acquire exclusive Iron Banner rewards.
    Increase your Rank to unlock better gear
    Reforge weapons to reset progression with new perks
    Earn gauntlets and boots to move you closer to Level 30
    See Lord Saladin for details!

Quitters never win.
    Reputation gains are only awarded only to the winners
    Defeat grants a token to be redeemed after a future win
    You can carry up to five Iron Medallions at any time
    Partial reputation gains are earned instantly upon victory

Strike while the Iron is hot.
    Your reputation will be reset at the conclusion of this Iron Banner
    Like any competitive activity, each new event is a chance to regain your standing

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The chest piece was available in the last Iron Banner event. Would be nice if they patched it to bring it in line with the gauntlets and boots in terms of light levels. I won't hold my breath though.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The chest piece was available in the last Iron Banner event. Would be nice if they patched it to bring it in line with the gauntlets and boots in terms of light levels. I won't hold my breath though.

Now now, you know they won't want anyone to hit level 30 without using both PvP and PvE, you'll play repetitions of all their game modes and you better bloody well like it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd probably rather play PVP knowing I'm gonna get my gauntlets than smash out a few more raids in hope, VoG is getting boring now. New DLC couldn't come sooner.

Bohrio wrote: »
    My favourite, playing some PVP to get to level 30... not sure whats worse for me if to repeat the raid over and over in hope of getting to level 30 or if to play PvP...

I guess Iwill give it a go, I currently have 0 rep on IB it is going to be a long road of pain and frustration for me

I'd prefer the raid myself, I don't enjoy PVP in this game. Reached lvl 30 the other day, but think I will give Iron Banner a go this week as they seem to have nice rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

Anyone know how much XtraVision, Cex and anywhere else are offering for this on ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Is there an update due today?

Anyone know how much XtraVision, Cex and anywhere else are offering for this on ps4?

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5030917124419#.VGoTmL7ZLXU

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Bungie have their DLC schedule fairly spot on, for them anyway. Everyone that has played the game seriously is either recently level 30 or needs a piece of armour or two to get there.

Had they given out the armour as a guarantee in the raid, they would have given many people no reason to return until the next DLC, and the longer they're away, the more likely they are to find another game and stay away.

As it stands, people are still back at least once a week in the hope of getting that armour. Whether you agree with their methods or not, they've managed to drag it out fairly well until the next DLC.

I think they'll struggle to keep people with the next DLC though. Only 2 light levels to go up. Unless they make armour drops ridiculously rare, you'll have guys at level 32 in a couple of weeks, or a month at most.

Finally hit level 3 on crucible. Let's see what this Grim Citizen is all about.

Bungie have their DLC schedule fairly spot on, for them anyway. Everyone that has played the game seriously is either recently level 30 or needs a piece of armour or two to get there.

Had they given out the armour as a guarantee in the raid, they would have given many people no reason to return until the next DLC, and the longer they're away, the more likely they are to find another game and stay away.

As it stands, people are still back at least once a week in the hope of getting that armour. Whether you agree with their methods or not, they've managed to drag it out fairly well until the next DLC.

I think they'll struggle to keep people with the next DLC though. Only 2 light levels to go up. Unless they make armour drops ridiculously rare, you'll have guys at level 32 in a couple of weeks, or a month at most.

Very true, the will need to step up the game in 2-4 weeks from DLC launch with regards to free updates and game modes. Or by Christmas/New Years, most will have moved on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Ah here, a 2.4 GB Update dl on the PS4? I'll see you all next month....

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Tonight is my last date play this stupid game, BRING ON FAR CRY!!!

• Advertisement

"Goblins! Explain your failures!"

"They imprisoned us, master!"

"Imprisoned?! What manner of technology can hold the mighty vex?"

"Cubes, Sire."

"Fanatics, explain these cubes to me!"

"It was a vicious and most cruel rock, eight foul corners and a torrid half our height."

"IT?"

"Yes, Sire."

"So, one square?"

"It was a most deplorable cube of damnation, oh grand one."

"I'm going to kill you now."

Grimoire #7331

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjwuQi4hWj0&index=1&list=UUwMEv67likLcwSWQvnZj22g

Get in to the game before 5. Sony taking the whole system down for 6 hours from 5 today, for maintenance. http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/17/playstation-network-going-offline-for-six-hours-today

Europe really gets the short end of the stick for maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I think the rate of progression in the game is quite well done. Getting to 30 or completing the hard raid feels like a mammoth achievement.

If they can replicate that and maybe add a bit more variety to bounties, they'll certainly keep me playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So much for playing today then :P

I'm guessing this is to prepare for GTA online :pac:

So much for playing today then :P

Yep. Back to Diablo then for tonight.

What IB rank do you need to buy the armour? 2?

For anyone currently taking down the update, pausing and resuming speeds up the process a lot. 1.6GB down in 5 mins so far.

I might actually get to play tonight. I'm normally one of those that is locked out when maintenance is done, but being laid up this week after surgery for wisdom teeth has its perks. :pac:

• Advertisement

Hmm, perhaps Iron Banner is not going live tomorrow after all.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/534388096192618496

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement