Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I have the patch down now. Not seeing a whole pile tbh.

Previous Iron Banner area in the Tower is still closed off, no IB playlist yet and I checked Bad Juju as Bungie previously intimated that it would get a buff, but it hasn't got one as far as I can see.

Edit: Just saw the update above

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Looks like a good patch, if my Ps4 was turned on at 4 50, will it be working tonight or is there a PSN update which needs activation?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

From their official source:
    Bungie Patch Notes:
    • Increased volume of Guardians being allowed to Dance in the Tower at once without any FPS slowdown
    • Text to let you know what part of the map (i.e. Mothyards) you’re entering now fades in 1.25 seconds earlier and fades out 2.15 seconds later
    • Higher likelihood of being owned by a level 5 player in the Crucible
    • Some weapons with low stats now changed from “Exotic” to “Troll Bounty Gun”
    • Buffs to the Tower roof fan
    • Unnoticeable changes to the RNG that you won’t notice
    • Increased likelihood at least 3 players in the VoG won’t be able to hear each other in Party chat or in-game chat
    • *Insert your favourite gun here* nerfed
    • More animal names types added to errors when KTO
    • More crows in the tower
    • Less crows in Earth

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Iron banner wouldn't be there until at least tomorrow anyway I would have thought.

You can have 10 bounties now. Nice one.

• Advertisement

You can have 10 bounties now. Nice one.

Check if you can buy Materials for Glimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Bungie wrote:
    Bungie Patch Notes:
    Increased volume of Guardians being allowed to Dance in the Tower at Once

More of this Bungie, and less of the cheese fixes ;)

But in all seriousness, that's a lot of small, meaningless for the most part changes:
    http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update--11172014/en/News/News?aid=12398

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

is it down for Xbox One as well tonight? Was hoping to finish off a few bounties to get to Vanguard Rank 2 and start buying some bits and bobs to level myself up quicker.

No way to purchase mats but Eva Levante is selling some sexy shaders.

I presume the patch for Aksor is that the Fallen have figured out how to use a hammer and nails and have blocked off the underside of the platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    But in all seriousness, that's a lot of small, meaningless for the most part changes:
    http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update--11172014/en/News/News?aid=12398

I see they've removed the Askor exploit by either blocking under the platform or putting a kill volume there(not specified in the notes)

Cormac... wrote: »
    From their official source:

Posted this list on their forums and got some pi$$ed off replies from some seriously angry people :pac:

People on the Bungie forums are awful for the most part

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

QkHX2e2.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I presume the patch for Aksor is that the Fallen have figured out how to use a hammer and nails and have blocked off the underside of the platform.

Nooooo!

Patch downloading crazy slow for anyone else?

AdamD wrote: »
    Patch downloading crazy slow for anyone else?

Pause, then resume when it stalls. Mine took around 10 mins doing that. Seems to come down in bursts

• Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I haven't been asked to download anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

awec wrote: »
    I haven't been asked to download anything?

Me either?? Xb1 by the way.

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Me either?? Xb1 by the way.

Xbox One will automatically download and install the patch in standby mode, the PS4 needs to be awake to start the download before it can download the rest in standby mode. Sony f'ng up basic functions as usual.

Can XB1 do these updates in the background when the console is off in energy mode like other games? Destiny checks for updates after the game has started so I'm guessing not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Can XB1 do these updates in the background when the console is off in energy mode like other games? Destiny checks for updates after the game has started so I'm guessing not.

Not in energy saving mode no, instant on/high energy mode only.

Just launched Destiny and got 19.84mb myself, is that the one?

• Advertisement

That is seperate to the patch. This patch is too big not to deliver it through psn/xbl as opposed to the in game system.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Not in energy saving mode no, instant on/high energy mode only.

Just launched Destiny and got 19.84mb myself, is that the one?

I meant the instant-on mode. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The 2GB+ patch downloaded for me on PS4 in about 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mine hasnt downloaded anything, it will come anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is anybody online now ? I've just checked mthe Destiny app on my phone and it seems the Cryptach is selling legendary and exotic engram's now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is anybody online now ? I've just checked mthe Destiny app on my phone and it seems the Cryptach is selling legendary and exotic engram's now !!

Thats a glitch, he's not actually selling any exotic engrams :( Would of thrown all my glimmer at him!

wexdevil wrote: »
    Thats a glitch, he's not actually selling any exotic engrams :( Would of thrown all my glimmer at him!

I think this could be the future for Rahool though. I remember bungie saying he would be even more friendly in last weeks update

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think this could be the future for Rahool though. I remember bungie saying he would be even more friendly in last weeks update

I really doubt that he's going to start regularly selling legendaries and exotics. It makes Vanguard, faction and crucible rep almost obsolete if you just need to get 10/15k glimmer together every few days to get some armour.

• Advertisement

I really doubt that he's going to start regularly selling legendaries and exotics. It makes Vanguard, faction and crucible rep almost obsolete if you just need to get 10/15k glimmer together every few days to get some armour.

That's it though it could be easily 15k glimmer for a legendary. Also they will be engrams so could be decrypted into items for different classes or energies or shards, will a lot of people risk 15k on a shard or a wrong class item ?
    We will have to wait and see at this stage but I think it'll be good for the game, it'll get people coming back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement