Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Have you got a code GottaGetGatt or do you want one, I have 2 spare atm for the usual IRL Gaming lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Only got 30 minutes of play last night as it took ages to download and was pretty late. Looks promising. Is the starter mission the same for every race or does it change?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone with PS3 or X-Box 360 codes :(
    Me love you long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Gandalph wrote: »
    Only got 30 minutes of play last night as it took ages to download and was pretty late. Looks promising. Is the starter mission the same for every race or does it change?

Its the same for every class type/race.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Cormac... wrote: »
    Anyone with PS3 or X-Box 360 codes :(
    Me love you long time.

Pre-order on PS3 and it will start to download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has it changed at all since before the maintanence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

anyone want code for ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has it changed at all since before the maintanence?

As far as I can tell, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Does it always spawn you with human players in a mission ? I've only just started really and doing the 1st mission , hate playing with randoms and prefer to take my time looking around at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

calex71 wrote: »
    Does it always spawn you with human players in a mission ? I've only just started really and doing the 1st mission , hate playing with randoms and prefer to take my time looking around at first.

You can set fire team options to friends only of you don't want interruptions....

• Advertisement

It does, but you can ignore them for the most part.
    There are certain times when you will need a few people working the same objective.

EDIT:
    Fieldog wrote: »
    You can set fire team options to friends only of you don't want interruptions....

Did not know that.

Yeah see that option now, it's weird though I'll head over to then and move on with them next thing they will vanish, guess because they are on an objective further on than me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Yeah see that option now, it's weird though I'll head over to then and move on with them next thing they will vanish, guess because they are on an objective further on than me :confused:

Most indoor areas are private instances only for your fire team. That's why randoms vanishes or team mates teleport forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

brady12 wrote: »
    anyone want code for ps4?

Still got it ? <3

Anyone got a 360 code for a mate?

just-waiting-for-a-mate-yup-still.jpg

Oh and don't forget Xbox heads, join our boards clan... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

If some kind soul has a spare 360 code I would be very grateful if they would send it my way please?
    I promise to take care of it and feed it and walk it everyday!
    Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Any ps4 boards clans anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I would love a 360 code if anyone has one.... :o:(

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    I would love a 360 code if anyone has one.... :o:(

Twitter seems the best bet, half of them just looking for followers though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Yea i've been looking. nothing yet unfortunately.

• Advertisement

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Yea i've been looking. nothing yet unfortunately.

Trying to get one for my mate and my kids, so they will stay off my PS4... :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads any spare ps4 codes going? Trying to get one for a mate. Thanks

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads any spare ps4 codes going? Trying to get one for a mate. Thanks

Tell him to pre-order it, it will auto-download.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

F1ngers wrote: »
    Tell him to pre-order it, it will auto-download.

Can he cancel the preorder after that and not get charged?

Axwell wrote: »
    Can he cancel the preorder after that and not get charged?

You can.
    It's what I and others have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

anyone up for a few games on ps4 add me, I'm on now. tag is same as here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Started the beta on the XB1 yesterday afternoon. Played until I got my character to almost level 3 and finished the SP intro. Decided to load up the 360 version for comparison. Was pleasantly surprised to see I could continue playing on 360 with my XB1 character and continue to build character and progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Destiny seems like it's one of the must have games this year. God I love Bungie

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Destiny seems like it's one of the must have games this year. God I love Bungie

Think I mentioned in the other thread, I liked it but didn't love it. Don't like how it handles the co-op elements really wish they had ripped off borderlands directly for that. Not a huge deal though I guess. It doesn't feel all that new to me either from the limited time I've spent at it I was reminded of several other games and series' mass effect and borderlands particularly. It's still a day one for me but it's not going to hold my attention for as long as I expected I fear, that might change and could be just a mental block because it's a beta and not wanting to over commit to it in case that progress doesn't carry over.

I was also expecting more in terms of drops from enemies, I really don't like the fact that loot chests disappear a short time after being opened which means if playing with randoms and they open it, they usually don't bother to tell you there is one there :(

Biggest problem I have is the load times, there should be a 'return to tower' option in the mission stats screen too instead of having to return to orbit first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I was also expecting more in terms of drops from enemies, I really don't like the fact that loot chests disappear a short time after being opened which means if playing with randoms and they open it, they usually don't bother to tell you there is one there :(

Biggest problem I have is the load times, there should be a 'return to tower' option in the mission stats screen too instead of having to return to orbit first.

The loading times will probably be optimised for the final release.

The locations of the 5 golden chests are,
    1)In the facility near where you find your ship(you walk past it in mission 2)
    2)Above the room with the fallen captain in it where you fight the wizard in the mission from the Alpha.
    3)In a cave halfway down the canyon to the forgotten shore.
    4)Along the coast to the left at forgotten shore just beyond a standard chest.
    5)Under Sepkis Prime on the right(need to be in strike)

When you open the fifth chest you get the better hoverbike for free.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement