Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Cormac... wrote: »
    A mere 8 hours a day since Launch.....

Might just ban you from the clan..... you will thank me in years to come when you're at your Destiny Annonymous meetings :P

How are you still eating/working/sleeping sufficiently :(

Sure, I bought one of this

Toilet_6b26a5_2745351.jpeg

Its all under control lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hunter (30): 173 hours.
    Warlock (25): 17 hours.

Full time job and part time study - very little sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I play Destiny on the VITA quite a lot too. It works very well for Patrols, farming and some of the easier strikes. For Crucible its a nightmare I find. Precise aiming is just to hard with it.

Still, great to have the option.

Yeah I agree. PvP isnt easy on Vita but I've had to get used to it as I just wouldnt get the tv time in my household. Other than the aiming which as you say just cant be as precise as being on a regular controller and big telly theres also a slight lag which isnt massively noticable but its not ideal for an online shooter.

I was playing that strike with you last night on the Vita actually as the missus was watching some rubbish on telly.
    This is the first one I've played on the Vita with anyone on here as I've been terrified I'd loose connection.

Actually I've declined a few invites due to being on the vita. People probably thought I was being rude but its the opposite. I just dont want to let people down due to connection issues.

The connection has been good since the last PS update so I took a chance and thankfully its stayed on. :)

I must start farming to increase the stats on that legendary armour of mine to level up more. I just find it irratating though having to find the spot where the spirit bloom etc respawns and rinse repeat.

I far rather ranking up in crucible as I'd be playing the PvP regardless of a levelling system. I lost countless hours to Halo 3 and theres wasnt a levelling system there. Just fantastic multiplayer fun.

Sorry for long post.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Buy a 2nd telly, you'd get a 32" one for like €100 nowadays :P
    I must start farming to increase the stats on that legendary armour of mine to level up more. I just find it irratating though having to find the spot where the spirit bloom etc respawns and rinse repeat.
    Sorry for long post.:o

Google "Spirt Bloom Farming Run", do laps collecting chests, it's lot quicker

Buy a 2nd telly, you'd get a 32" one for like €100 nowadays :P

Google "Spirt Bloom Farming Run", do laps collecting chests, it's lot quicker

Being honest I dont really want to be in a seperate room from my wife for large parts of the evenings.

Its bad enough sitting playing on the Vita or Wii U tablet with one earphone in and conversing randomly during her programs or at breaks or whatever. At least we have some kind of interaction.

If I put a 2nd telly in say the bedroom, which I could, I may as well not be married to her. I'd be in there and she'd be in the living room.

Who said romance was dead. :pac:

As for the spirit bloom farming run I'll definately be doing that. Its a pity that it feels like such a chore. The player should never feel that way about a game imo.
    As I say playing crucible to get rep points there never feels like a grind as the PvP is pretty much why I bought the game. All the other stuff is a bonus to me really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I play Destiny on the VITA quite a lot too. It works very well for Patrols, farming and some of the easier strikes. For Crucible its a nightmare I find. Precise aiming is just to hard with it.

Still, great to have the option.

Do you need decent internet for doing that. I have a vita myself and it could be handy for abit of farming

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Do you need decent internet for doing that. I have a vita myself and it could be handy for abit of farming

It works find over 802.11n wifi for me. I am able to play just fine in the same room, and also play pretty good 3 floors downstairs.

wes wrote: »
    It works find over 802.11n wifi for me. I am able to play just fine in the same room, and also play pretty good 3 floors downstairs.

La-di-da Mr 4 Story House, nice of you to visit the servants quarters for you annual christmas visit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm just using the VITA on my home network. Standard UPC broadband and using an Apple Time Capaule for a router. I have the PS4 wired which helps.

The VITA gets a stable connection in any room in the house.

I was playing that strike with you last night on the Vita actually as the missus was watching some rubbish on telly.
    This is the first one I've played on the Vita with anyone on here as I've been terrified I'd loose connection.

Ah, that explains why you didn't wave or dance after we beat the mission :)

I still haven't figured out how to do it on the VITA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Standard UPC broadband

The VITA gets a stable connection in any room in the house.

Ah upc ,, ill have to try it then on my 2.5 mb connection

Ah, that explains why you didn't wave or dance after we beat the mission :)

I still haven't figured out how to do it on the VITA.

Yup. Must look that up myself.

I did jump up and down like a loonatic though! :D

edit a very quick search reveals...

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=destiny+vita+controls&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=37936C6854554A9C6E793FD1E03A2912DBF16424&selectedIndex=0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

It finished at 10am tomorrow I think.
    The only gear that will get you to level 30 Helm wise are the Hard Raid Helm or an Exotic Helm, so I would get the gauntlets
    I have the Sunbreakers too and got the IB gauntlets (even though I had the Raid gauntlets too, as the IB ones had better perks for my load out)

Will get the Gauntlets so, although I think I've run out of Glimmer...
    I really don't understand the logic of having the Glimmer cap so low when they're making you pay for the Iron Banner gear in Glimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,621 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ah upc ,, ill have to try it then on my 2.5 mb connection

Your speed shouldn't effect he VITA. It isn't, or shouldn't (I would guess) connecting to your PS4 over the net - it should be doing it over your internal network. So the speed is whatever the router and the Vita can handle, rather than your broadband line.

Same as if you were streaming a movie from a PC to a console or screen.

Someone had to ask....
    But WTF are you doing using Bing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,621 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Someone had to ask....

If it is good enough for Spider Man....

I like how it tries to translate things on Facebook that aren't even meant to be in another language....
    Like:

"Gway outta dat"
    See translation
    *clicks*
    "Magic Gway dat"

Someone had to ask....

Work allows it but not others for some reason.

Your speed shouldn't effect he VITA. It isn't, or shouldn't (I would guess) connecting to your PS4 over the net - it should be doing it over your internal network. So the speed is whatever the router and the Vita can handle, rather than your broadband line.

Same as if you were streaming a movie from a PC to a console or screen.

Yeah when my router is busy with lots of devices on it like ipads or phones etc.. it can get a bit ropey but basically I tell the missus if she's watching telly not to be using the phone or ipad at the same time so as not to ruin my connection which I think is a fair trade off.

If she's on the ipad I play on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got my Titan to level 30. Universal Remote and Plan C. Happy out.
    IB was a lot of fun. Going to try for the scout rifle later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got my Titan to level 30. Universal Remote and Plan C. Happy out.
    IB was a lot of fun. Going to try for the scout rifle later

Same just hit level 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone need to do a normal raid? 2 of us who have done it 10+ times are looking to do it on our 2nd characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

Hey everyone,
    just thought I'd throw a message on here saying that I'm looking for some people who play this often enough who maybe use voice chat + are sound + non-racist, homophobic etc. I just hit level 24 and was hoping to start doing the weekly heroic and eventually work towards the raid etc. If yer interested my PSN is Count_Slackula, feel free to add me :)

AdamD wrote: »
    Anyone need to do a normal raid? 2 of us who have done it 10+ times are looking to do it on our 2nd characters.

I haven't done it yet this week. I'm on PS4.

I might get a chance to do it after 10pm.

That IB buff is insane tonight. Played one game and got the 500 points I needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

BLARG wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    just thought I'd throw a message on here saying that I'm looking for some people who play this often enough who maybe use voice chat + are sound + non-racist, homophobic etc. I just hit level 24 and was hoping to start doing the weekly heroic and eventually work towards the raid etc. If yer interested my PSN is Count_Slackula, feel free to add me :)

You're grand all us racist homphobes are on Xbox :pac:

Damn this game.

I spent god knows how many hours over the weekend in the IB to get the boots and gloves. Then tonight my first ever piece of Raid gear drops and its the gloves.

Then I get my first ever Exotic weapon to drop and its The Last Word, which I bought from Xur last weekend.

On the plus side I did get Atheon's Epilogue, which I hear is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

That reforge option is real game changer. 1st IB, I wasn't bothered chasing Jolder's Hammer, as it looked like being a sub-par Solar MG. Got to today and rerolled it into Arc with some great perks.

Have 3 Motes left after reforging the Fusion 6 times to get the Arc + decent perks. No regrets :D

Woke up round 3am Sunday and started playing IB solo. Was more or less starting from scratch, hadn't played it last time. I'm a very average FPS player at best but really needed the gloves for my titan. Playing a game and we were comfortably ahead. At around 18,000 we lost the lead. Checked leaderboards hoping there was a good player on our team and I was leading. This was bad.
    Went on an absolute tear, ended up with 27 kills (which is really good for me) and we scraped home.
    The elation, the joy was just ridiculous. Few games later got 27 kills again. As my friends started joining (much better players) we started dominating games. Several times the other team didn't get past 7,500. Played IB/Raids/NFalls/Weeklys through the day.
    Ended up round 4-5am Monday on the Moon alone looking for Helium to rank the titan up to 30.
    It was at this point I realised I had a real problem.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It was at this point I realised I had a real problem.:o
    I nearly got up this morning, before work (up at 6am), to go glimmer farming so I could buy the IB guns and reroll the hell outta them before the event finished. Cosy bed > Destiny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement