Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

It's so much harder playing by yourself. I'm a bit stuck on the stealthy ninja LADS. Something to do with finding the source of communications. If anyone fancies pairing up then give us a shout. My GT is Dizmonster. (XBOX ONE)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The loading times will probably be optimised for the final release.

The locations of the 5 golden chests are,
    1)In the facility near where you find your ship(you walk past it in mission 2)
    2)Above the room with the fallen captain in it where you fight the wizard in the mission from the Alpha.
    3)In a cave halfway down the canyon to the forgotten shore.
    4)Along the coast to the left at forgotten shore just beyond a standard chest.
    5)Under Sepkis Prime on the right(need to be in strike)

When you open the fifth chest you get the better hoverbike for free.

So those will respawn in the same possition until you pick up what ever is in them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

calex71 wrote: »
    So those will respawn in the same possition until you pick up what ever is in them :confused:

Never mind the PS4 part. It's valid for all formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I have 2 PS4 beta codes for whoever wants them. First 2 PM's gets them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

The loading times will probably be optimised for the final release.

The locations of the 5 golden chests are,
    1)In the facility near where you find your ship(you walk past it in mission 2)
    2)Above the room with the fallen captain in it where you fight the wizard in the mission from the Alpha.
    3)In a cave halfway down the canyon to the forgotten shore.
    4)Along the coast to the left at forgotten shore just beyond a standard chest.
    5)Under Sepkis Prime on the right(need to be in strike)

When you open the fifth chest you get the better hoverbike for free.

Cool, I saw someone last night with a weaponized sparrow, I was wondering how they got it. Have 4/5 golden chests already, will pick up the last one tonight so. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I played pvp last night, very generic fps online feel to it but I guess it gets better as the game goes on. I went in at level 5 against all the level 8s and unless I could get off some sort of quickscope headshots I was toast. Don't think I'll do much more pvp as the gear looks like a grind and it would be heartbreaking to get it taken away from you after the beta finishes. I'd be interested in getting a boards clan for ps4 up and running though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gandalph wrote: »
    I played pvp last night, very generic fps online feel to it but I guess it gets better as the game goes on. I went in at level 5 against all the level 8s and unless I could get off some sort of quickscope headshots I was toast. Don't think I'll do much more pvp as the gear looks like a grind and it would be heartbreaking to get it taken away from you after the beta finishes. I'd be interested in getting a boards clan for ps4 up and running though.

Armour and weapons damage values are different in mp, all thats carried are the mods e.g scopes, mag size and cooldown/reload armour bonuses.

The only playlist that us available where armour and weapon damage values matter is Iron Banner, which is also Control atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Cool, I saw someone last night with a weaponized sparrow, I was wondering how they got it. Have 4/5 golden chests already, will pick up the last one tonight so. :-)

You mean the pike yeah? To get that in free roam you need to hang about in the forgotten shores for awhile and eventually you'll see something about some roving band of pikes are approaching, all you need to do is kill the rider and then just hop on and you're set.

:D

wexdevil wrote: »
    You mean the pike yeah? To get that in free roam you need to hang about in the forgotten shores for awhile and eventually you'll see something about some roving band of pikes are approaching, all you need to do is kill the rider and then just hop on and you're set.

:D

Hmmm, maybe. I came across a band of pike last night alright. I didn't know you could steal their wheels though. I just blew the feckers up with some heavy weapons fire without thinking about it too much (as you do!)

So what about upgraded sparrow then? Does that have an onboard weapon?

Hmmm, maybe. I came across a band of pike last night alright. I didn't know you could steal their wheels though. I just blew the feckers up with some heavy weapons fire without thinking about it too much (as you do!)

No it's just a bit faster and more armour.

• Advertisement

Do you get to keep the vehicles you steal off them? Or does it just despawn?

No it's just a bit faster and more armour.

Ah nuts.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

I haven't played yet. I'm itching to get my hands on a PS4 beta code. No such luck though...

Is a precision kill just a headshot if I'm a hunter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I got killed by a Sparrow that fired weapons in the crucible PvP.

How do you start the mission on the moon? Says you need story mission 6 done but I dont see that one I've only got 1-5 and the strike mission.

How do you start the mission on the moon? Says you need story mission 6 done but I dont see that one I've only got 1-5 and the strike mission.

Don't think it's in beta. Don't know why they bothered putting it there tbh

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Don't think it's in beta. Don't know why they bothered putting it there tbh

Ah I see, the strike mission was all kinds of win though, took about an hour to get through it, had to message the 2 randoms to tell them to shoot the weak spots on the first boss.

Ah I see, the strike mission was all kinds of win though, took about an hour to get through it, had to message the 2 randoms to tell them to shoot the weak spots on the first boss.

The devils lair one with the spider robot? Was shooting that ****ing thing for a good 40 mins, 3 of us doing it. Firing rockets and everything lol.

The devils lair one with the spider robot? Was shooting that ****ing thing for a good 40 mins, 3 of us doing it. Firing rockets and everything lol.

the yellow lights sections on it's legs ;)

Thank fook you can respawn and don't have to do it without dying :eek:

• Advertisement

the yellow lights sections on it's legs ;)

Thank fook you can respawn and don't have to do it without dying :eek:

Yeah we were shooting it there lol. When we did it yesterday with some randomer he glitched it out and bounced it up and down on the ground as if he was harry potter and killed it within minutes! :eek:

Become a wizard:p.

I'd say they might open it during the stress test on Saturday when you get the Beta badge, like they did with Iron Banner on last Saturday

I got the upgraded sparrow, bit disappointing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

quick question lads, how do put on your helmet in the tower? everyone else has theirs on?
    or do I have mine on to everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Was doing 400 damage a bullet with my sniper rifle. Done devils lair twice. First time was mildly tough at 6. At level 8 on level 8 difficulty it was very straight forward even with two randomers.

Running the 2 loot chests at the start of exploration mode ....... my borderlands instincts kicking in , nothing good so far but my bank across all 3 characters is now full of gear :o

The second chest has a ?? rated guy who has a 1 shot kill, is it even possible to kill him in the beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just played my first 20 minutes or so in the Beta. Thought it was excellent. I had played a little bit of the Alpha a few weeks ago and was a bit put off. It just seemed to dump you in a level and you had to figure out what was going on.

The soundtrack is amazing. Playing with headphones on will be my preferred way to play this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Running the 2 loot chests at the start of exploration mode ....... my borderlands instincts kicking in , nothing good so far but my bank across all 3 characters is now full of gear :o

The second chest has a ?? rated guy who has a 1 shot kill, is it even possible to kill him in the beta?

What a waste of time if they start the game afresh for everyone come September. Which I hope they do, level playing field and all that.

Looks like the game beta will be open to everyone: http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11962

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Looks like the game beta will be open to everyone: http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11962

Just about to post this, good on them....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement