Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bohrio wrote: »
    Well the bag has 14 completions *(introduction) and 116 vault of glass

I am not sure what's the difference though

I have 9900 kills and almost 2000 deaths I think, he has 4000 something kills

Maybe we are missing something, 33 sounds about right, and it was 32 this afternoon before I completed the raid so the counter is working

Well there are 8 checkpoints if I am correct, so 14x8 = 112, so it could be that maybe.

Also, holy $h!t€ that petition grew arms and legs fast, took off like a rocket it did. With a minimum of trolling (which genuinely surprised me given it's the bugie forum and there's a LOT of complaining and hypocrital user posts there) - I went and thanked everyone who signed :o

Thanks for all your like, upvotes, signatures, help, support, kisses and screen caps of Louise Walsh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,621 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What are we to do with the petition - is there actually something to sign? I have upvoted and commented 'signed', but i couldn't see a way to actually vote; I could click an option but can't see where I confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What are we to do with the petition - is there actually something to sign? I have upvoted and commented 'signed', but i couldn't see a way to actually vote; I could click an option but can't see where I confirm it.

Spent 15 minutes trying to figure that out yesterday. You'd think they'd put up a "voting for dummies index". Eventually I just clicked one of the three options, upvoted and signed, presume that was it.

It's funny but I can't remember stuff like when to put out the bins irl but ask me anyday of the week which of my characters needs to do the Nightfall, Weekly, Raid (N/H) and I can tell you straight off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't mind farming tbh. Takes less than a half hour to get your stuff together for what you want to upgrade if you know a good route.

No it doesn't. I have 3 raid gear pieces to upgrade from scratch on one of my characters. That's more like 3 hours of farming, no thanks.

And if you add in some of the guns that I have fully unlocked but no upgraded it goes even higher. They need to change it so so badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Bohrio wrote: »
    Well the bag has 14 completions *(introduction) and 116 vault of glass

I am not sure what's the difference though

I have 9900 kills and almost 2000 deaths I think, he has 4000 something kills

Maybe we are missing something, 33 sounds about right, and it was 32 this afternoon before I completed the raid so the counter is working

Those games in the stats count everytime you start a session of that game type not completions.

If it takes two sessions to do a raid you will have 1 completion on the grimoire cards, but have played 2 VoG games on your stats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Those games in the stats count everytime you start a session of that game type not completions.

If it takes two sessions to do a raid you will have 1 completion on the grimoire cards, but have played 2 VoG games on your stats.

I have the same number on both introduction and VoG

Ran the raid 4 times yesterday, my completion count went up from 29 to 33 on both achievements

But I have never not finished the raid or done only half of it, however, I have done the last part several times (gatekeeper/atheon) while helping other players but I still have the same number on both

Yeah lads, commenting "signed" and "upvoting" was sufficient.... the poll was just there as a form of self expression, You can see from the vitriol i was getting that I made a 2nd Edit to the original post to clarify the whole thing

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Deej responded with this to someone on reddit giving out about farming yesterday:
    I'd rather use this 30 seconds to tell you that your gathering instincts will be converted back to hunting instincts soon enough. We're not just expanding the world of Destiny. We're making the time you spend in it more productive toward your goals of progression and evolution. We're making some changes that will enable stone cold killers like you to spend less time on the farm.

"Tell us more! Stop being vague! Give us some real information!"

That's the privilege of the Dev Team. I'm the guy that whispers to you in the trenches about what's to come. At the same time, I'm preparing a draft of their notes.

Have a nice weekend.

Wonderful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I have to say, after a break of about a month, I jumped on last night for about an hour and proptly headed to venus for some spirit bloom collecting. And I'll be damned if I didnt have a good time, circling around that area with the crashed ship and killing enemies as I went. Finally gave up when I had 72 of them in my rucksack and a lash of blue engrams as well. Finally made the jump to midway in level 28 and can see the path I want to take to 29.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Has there been any movement on match-making for the raid/weeklies? Just don't see myself being able to get into them in a group giving that I'm working shift and have to share the TV most of the time.

Patch Notes:

Templar cheese fixed - invisible barrier put in.
    Atheon now randomly telaports a random number of players, to random locations, randomly.
    Ice Breaker nerfed.
    Farming is no more - now you just need 25001 glimmer for each upgrade!

Am I the only one tempted by the merch on sale (black Friday) in the Bungie Store :o
    Some of the posters and T-shirts are pretty awesome

http://bungiestore.com

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---11262014/en/News/News?aid=12428

Also I find the way they write the updates and stuff to be pretty funny, particularly the details about the store :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Has there been any movement on match-making for the raid/weeklies? Just don't see myself being able to get into them in a group giving that I'm working shift and have to share the TV most of the time.

Would like to know that myself.

Only played a few sessions of the raid and got as far as Atheon before I had to quit, so never actually finished it.

Haven't played Destiny in weeks but I do want to complete the raid, any XB1 players around this eve/tomorrow?

I want a 'I did the Hard Raid and all I got was this crappy T-Shirt', in chatterwhite, obviously. It should exist.

Patch Notes:

Atheon now randomly telaports a random number of players, to random locations, randomly.
    Ice Breaker nerfed.

Um what? Where? Link? Zelda? :(
    maximoose wrote: »
    any XB1 players around this eve/tomorrow?

I like to joke :pac:

Ocd1ycM.jpg?1

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Only played a few sessions of the raid and got as far as Atheon before I had to quit, so never actually finished it.

Haven't played Destiny in weeks but I do want to complete the raid, any XB1 players around this eve/tomorrow?

What level are you now Maxi? I won't be around tonight but should be tomorrow. Already did it on hard with my 30 hunter this week but have a 28 warlock so would be on for doing a normal run with that character.

Hey Sniper, I found the guy with the full real life Iron Banner costume you were talking about, pretty f**king awesome alright:

http://imgur.com/a/Ly1f3

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2nim8i/my_brother_made_armor_from_destiny/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Check out the Sigs. Most people have their GTs there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

@Mickeroo, 28 titan.. have tomorrow off and plan to laze around on xbox all day!

Must turn signatures on :o

• Advertisement

Another day of posting some handy resources :P

Map of Normal & Hard Gorgons Maze, TY Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2nj8fy/hd_gorgon_labyrinth_map_d/

Order that the Oracles appear:

http://imgur.com/a/Sx9wj

Patch Notes:

Ice Breaker nerfed.

Is the farming bit true? Will hit 30 on my Warlock tonight if so!

AdamD wrote: »
    Is the farming bit true? Will hit 30 on my Warlock tonight if so!

No, its all a lie.

Also, I would say you would have great difficulty getting the 25001 glimmer together.;)

I only recently realised the glimmer is shared between your three characters. Spent a ton of it in IB. Can just about afford an ammo clip or two now. It's an absolute useless commodity until you don't have any of it.

Glimmer farm on the gatekeeper of HM VoG, very efficient!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Cormac... wrote: »
    Am I the only one tempted by the merch on sale (black Friday) in the Bungie Store :o
    Some of the posters and T-shirts are pretty awesome

http://bungiestore.com

I order from there every now and then, haven't got any of these destiny tshirts so i might have to put in an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

After the iron banner took my glimmer I've started hoarding the codex, banners etc the yokes that cryptarch gives ya 200 glimmer for. They're like savings bonds. Usually I don't notice I've hit the cap and blow the lot on ammo. Next event I will have two of each gun and won't have to decide which one I can afford.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I only recently realised the glimmer is shared between your three characters. Spent a ton of it in IB. Can just about afford an ammo clip or two now. It's an absolute useless commodity until you don't have any of it.

You sure? My characters all have different amounts of glimmer.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You sure? My characters all have different amounts of glimmer.

Pretty much. I was whinging about it yesterday and the guys told me it's always been like this. I don't use glimmer for much & have always had a healthy surplus on all characters. I sunk a lot into the IB - Boots/Gloves/Fusion /Scout Rifle/Shader and Emblem and it seemed to wipe me out across the board. Was only using the Titan in IB.
    That said I haven't been using the other characters for much recently but I'm almost certain they have no cash either.

Another thing, I picked up that DLC sparrow for my titan but put it in the vault and gave it to the Hunter. Was in the tower yesterday and was able to buy it again for my Titan, from the one in the same hut as the Postmaster.

• Advertisement

Yeah the same went for the original Pre-Order Sparrow and Code-Redeemed Emblems, you can always re-buy something you've earned

I really want this T-Shirt... but... is it just me or is it 2 Hunters and a Titan.... As a Warlock MasterRace (confirmed) player I don't think I can stomach that.

Is that the definition of a tivial annoyance or 1st world problem?

http://bungiestore.com/collections/apparel/products/old-school-t-shirt-men

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement