Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Pretty much. I was whinging about it yesterday and the guys told me it's always been like this. I don't use glimmer for much & have always had a healthy surplus on all characters. I sunk a lot into the IB - Boots/Gloves/Fusion /Scout Rifle/Shader and Emblem and it seemed to wipe me out across the board. Was only using the Titan in IB.
    That said I haven't been using the other characters for much recently but I'm almost certain they have no cash either.

That doesn't sound right to me, when I was doing that exotic bounty where you have to give special ammo synthesis to the weapon master I ran out of glimmer on my main character so switched to my titan and bought ten more of them with whatever glimmer he had. I'll have to give it a look later again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Push Phogoth off the edge you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That doesn't sound right to me, when I was doing that exotic bounty where you have to give special ammo synthesis to the weapon master I ran out of glimmer on my main character so switched to my titan and bought ten more of them with whatever glimmer he had. I'll have to give it a look later again.

Funnily enough I agree it makes no sense and then I found this.

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Glimmer

I'm going to die so much trying to prove to my friends my warlock can push Phogoth off the edge in the Nightfall, this week. God damn you Cormac.:pac:

TBH, if it's the Nightfall, it would probably still be safer and easier to just kill him from the 2nd Antechamber.

Cormac... wrote: »
    TBH, if it's the Nightfall, it would probably still be safer and easier to just kill him from the 2nd Antechamber.

Yeah I know. I'd just love to say "You guys wait here, I got this one" and then saunter in 15 seconds later, without any explanation.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know. I'd just love to say "You guys wait here, I got this one" and then saunter in 15 seconds later, without any explanation.

Requires new D-Pad Move.
    Left + Down together = Negligently brush off dust from your shoulders

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Funnily enough I agree it makes no sense and then I found this.

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Glimmer

You're right, I just checked my characters there and they all have the same amount of glimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Yeah the same went for the original Pre-Order Sparrow and Code-Redeemed Emblems, you can always re-buy something you've earned

I really want this T-Shirt... but... is it just me or is it 2 Hunters and a Titan.... As a Warlock MasterRace (confirmed) player I don't think I can stomach that.

Is that the definition of a tivial annoyance or 1st world problem?

http://bungiestore.com/collections/apparel/products/old-school-t-shirt-men

:pac:
    im pretty sure the last one on the right is a warlock, I assumed they were going for the retro wizard/warlock look hence the hood

wexdevil wrote: »
    im pretty sure the last one on the right is a warlock, I assumed they were going for the retro wizard/warlock look hence the hood

I'm pretty sure the T-shirt was designed a year before release :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Noticed they've put an invisible barrier to prevent you jumping across onto the rings above Sekrion. I think you can still get up from the bottom, but that's a bit trickier obviously. That was my fav cheese spot, bastards.

Also, IB weapons are awesome. Loving the scout rifle, think it might be the best in the game, bar the lack of full auto and elemental damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I'm pretty sure the T-shirt was designed a year before release :pac:

Well not the tshirt specifically but I did see those sprites posted on bnet before release

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

AdamD wrote: »
    No it doesn't. I have 3 raid gear pieces to upgrade from scratch on one of my characters. That's more like 3 hours of farming, no thanks.

And if you add in some of the guns that I have fully unlocked but no upgraded it goes even higher. They need to change it so so badly.
    They just need to up the number of mats given per node. Buying mats with gilmmer, for example, makes mats redundant. You already spend glimmer on the upgrade, so if you're going down that route, just up the glimmer cost and remove mats entirely. What would be the point of going to a vendor to spend glimmer on mats then? It would be an even more pointless step.

4-8 mats per node would sort all of this. And on the time spent analysis side of things, I've spent 130 hours playing this game. I've only ever fully upgraded 5 pieces of armour, taking about 30-45 mins per piece and a handful of guns. So 5/6 hours of filler versus 125 hours of doing what I want. I've spent far longer in other games doing far more pointless **** than upgrading the best armour a game has to offer.

At least those 125 other hours were spend shooting guns :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd wager you've actually spent far longer farming than that. You didn't start off super efficient.

On the Phogoth thing we actually pushed him off by accident the other day doing a lvl 24 strike, its easier than the Templar cheese to do.

At least those 125 other hours were spend shooting guns :o

Hey, I sometimes shoot when farming. :pac: Got one of those "The enemy moves against each other" things the other day. Was good fun.

I'm not against removing farming completely, just think that buying mats with glimmer is even more pointless. Just remove the mats entirely, and up the glimmer spend on upgrades or up the number of mats per node.

Posted on the petition, Interesting if true:
    This is a great idea IMO.....BUT.. Here is the reason why I believe Bungie won't do this.

These materials were never recommended in the earlier development of this game. There's a video on youtube of the thunderlord exotic machine gun's upgrade tree looking aesthetically different and with the current farming materials NOT INCLUDED to upgrade it further . My guess is that the current farming materials were added in on the last minute as a clever plot to draw out playtime as much as possible. To keep people from reaching 30 or maxed weapons for as long as possible.

Bungie giving us farming materials as a return on dismantle (ROD) would be counter productive to their idea of prolonging playtime. They want us to grind endlessly for hours farming upgrade materials. Everything in this game is designed with a cap and/or to prolong hence the weekly cap on vanguard/crucible marks. Hence the totally random loot drop etc....

They will certainly ignore this idea.......OR if by some miracle they do this, it'll be in their favor so as to not threaten their plans to keep us on the grind like maybe a 10% return on dismantle

I think Bungie have taken measures to slow people's roll and this could be one of them. All games, especially mmos, do this to some extent or another. But it seems Deej is listening. Btw, I think his interaction with the community is commendable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hey Sniper, I found the guy with the full real life Iron Banner costume you were talking about, pretty f**king awesome alright:

http://imgur.com/a/Ly1f3

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2nim8i/my_brother_made_armor_from_destiny/

Yeah thats him. Sorry for the late post but I only have internet access in the hotel. Hope some of the patch notes aren't correct. Haven't had a chance to check yet.

• Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

FINALLY got the raid chest piece. :D:D:D

Though had the biggest dickhead I've ever played with in my fireteam. Thought he was class, kept giving out to other guys who were doing it for the first time. Thought he was better than he was so ended up dying in stupid places a lot, saved only by his self-resurrection.

Hooe Xur is selling a titan helmet tomorrow. And maybe Ice Breaker. Have 60 strange coins burning a hole in my pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Last piece I need for the Warlock is the helmet. Might have to roll the dice with Xur :o

I have no motes to roll the dice with unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I was playing the Destiny demo on xbox 360 tonight.
    I was playing the the devils lair strike mission where you have to take out the massive spider tank.
    It took ages to take out the spider tank so just after getting past the spider tank and getting into the lair I get the big error lost connection to partner services so all the progress is gone.
    I'd have to start the strike level from scratch and it took so long to get there and it seems the connection can drop like that at any time and the problem is completely on bungie's end.
    I'm glad I found this out in the demo that this crap happens.
    It's bull when the connection drops you lose all progress in strike missions.
    I can't remember what happens in story missions.
    The whole problem is your broadband could be perfect and for no reason you get this stupid error and it totally ruins it and you've got no fallback if bungie's servers are screwed there's no way of playing.
    I thought the demo was fun until this happened and it can happen at anytime and in the most frustrating of places.
    It just happening before I got the chance to finish that strike mission really got on my nerves.
    Anyway I've had enough of Destiny thanks to the experience being ruined due to server issues.
    I won't be buying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Hey Guys,

Any of ye running the Raid/NightFalls and willing to take on a beginner ? I haven't ran the raid yet or a nightfall and the tiger strikes are just getting very boring at this stage.

Im running a lvl 28 Warlock, a lvl 25 Hunter and just completed the story with a lvl19 Titan.

Im on Xbox One and my GT is Manchester Utd

Thanks

@quinnd6

That server drop/disconnect thing can certainly happen but I've sunk an enormous amount of time into this and the number of times I've had the issue, particularly lately is almost non-existent. Destiny's not perfect and not for everyone but if you really enjoyed the demo I wouldn't let that put you off getting it.
    I've had little connection problems but others did especially at the beginning. Not sure if there are still a lot of these issues being encountered by others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I was playing the Destiny demo on xbox 360 tonight.
    I was playing the the devils lair strike mission where you have to take out the massive spider tank.
    It took ages to take out the spider tank so just after getting past the spider tank and getting into the lair I get the big error lost connection to partner services so all the progress is gone.
    I'd have to start the strike level from scratch and it took so long to get there and it seems the connection can drop like that at any time and the problem is completely on bungie's end.
    I'm glad I found this out in the demo that this crap happens.
    It's bull when the connection drops you lose all progress in strike missions.
    I can't remember what happens in story missions.
    The whole problem is your broadband could be perfect and for no reason you get this stupid error and it totally ruins it and you've got no fallback if bungie's servers are screwed there's no way of playing.
    I thought the demo was fun until this happened and it can happen at anytime and in the most frustrating of places.
    It just happening before I got the chance to finish that strike mission really got on my nerves.
    Anyway I've had enough of Destiny thanks to the experience being ruined due to server issues.
    I won't be buying this.

Just so you know, it checkpoints at the entrance to the lair. If you were to boot up that strike again, you would be starting at the lair entrance. Thats the full game anyway, can't speak for the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I've a theory, and I could be way off the mark, but the random drops of shards/energies that happen during public events seem to happen when there are multiple parties participating. I went all out aggressive yesterday in 3 of them and as far as I could see if you land the final blow you get the drop. I got two drops out of three. The other one I definitely didn't land the last shot. Keep an eye out anyway... Might only be be a coincidence...

Watching a youtube clip earlier and the guy was calling for an urgent nerf on fusion rifles. I really hate these type of comments. Don't play much MP but the guy was saying fusions have broken it and IB was terrible as a result. I played IB through to rank 5 and never once noticed fusion rifles to be a problem.
    Played a good bit of MP over the years and it's a constant complaint from communities that this gun or that gun is way OP. Certainly some guns are much better than others and some are awful but I can't think of one game (that I've played) that was utterly broken by a gun.
    /rant

plus if they nerf the fusions after me just picking up the Vex I'm going postal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

plus if they nerf the fusions after me just picking up the Vex I'm going postal

That gun has already been needed in a previous update so you should be safe enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Any of ye running the Raid/NightFalls and willing to take on a beginner ? I haven't ran the raid yet or a nightfall and the tiger strikes are just getting very boring at this stage.

Im running a lvl 28 Warlock, a lvl 25 Hunter and just completed the story with a lvl19 Titan.

Im on Xbox One and my GT is Manchester Utd

Thanks

I'll be doing the nightfall and weekly with my second character tonight or tomorrow.

GT is TitianGerm

Edit: sorry can't play with you after seeing your GT :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement