Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I picked up chest armour on the raid last night, the boots in IB but not the gauntlets and I have an exotic helm, should I be able to reach 30 or do I need the gauntlets too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Another visit from XuR and nothing of interest

3 chest armors, plan C which I already have and no heavy ammo

123 coins and nothing to do with them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

weiland79 wrote: »
    I picked up chest armour on the raid last night, the boots in IB but not the gauntlets and I have an exotic helm, should I be able to reach 30 or do I need the gauntlets too?

Yeah you need the gauntlets

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Another visit from XuR and nothing of interest

3 chest armors, plan C which I already have and no heavy ammo

123 coins and nothing to do with them

Should I buy plan C that's the question :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I was playing the Destiny demo on xbox 360 tonight.
    I was playing the the devils lair strike mission where you have to take out the massive spider tank.
    It took ages to take out the spider tank so just after getting past the spider tank and getting into the lair I get the big error lost connection to partner services so all the progress is gone.
    I'd have to start the strike level from scratch and it took so long to get there and it seems the connection can drop like that at any time and the problem is completely on bungie's end.
    I'm glad I found this out in the demo that this crap happens.
    It's bull when the connection drops you lose all progress in strike missions.
    I can't remember what happens in story missions.
    The whole problem is your broadband could be perfect and for no reason you get this stupid error and it totally ruins it and you've got no fallback if bungie's servers are screwed there's no way of playing.
    I thought the demo was fun until this happened and it can happen at anytime and in the most frustrating of places.
    It just happening before I got the chance to finish that strike mission really got on my nerves.
    Anyway I've had enough of Destiny thanks to the experience being ruined due to server issues.
    I won't be buying this.
    I've never gotten a network error on Destiny about 7 days playtime and my broadband's nothing special.

Xur should stop selling weapons IMO, its making exotic guns far too common.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah you need the gauntlets

Cheers for ruining my weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Should I buy plan C that's the question :/

Its great, arc damage and good impact. Its my favorite fusion rifle, I like it much more than pocket infinity, the ability of firing quickly after switching weapons is a great perk!

If you have the money and have nothing else to spend it on but it, I might get a 2nd one as well

Its great, arc damage and good impact. Its my favorite fusion rifle, I like it much more than pocket infinity, the ability of firing quickly after switching weapons is a great perk!

If you have the money and have nothing else to spend it on but it, I might get a 2nd one as well

Should have the coins. Still have tobrun the weekly though anyway. Havnt played much this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Damn you Xur, I need a helm, unless there are a few kind souls willing to drag a 28 (2 upgrades away from 29) through the hard mode. (And gloves, but I WILL get those in the Raid)

I like Plan C but doesn't seem consistent. Had the quick recharge perk which I just changed to range yesterday and now have it fully levelled up. It seems to be better. I still feel more comfortable with the Light Bewares / Wizards but I'll give the Plan C a good bash now. I will admit I am going to buy a second one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Chest pieces again?

post-26847-he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-2bPg.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Damn you Xur, I need a helm, unless there are a few kind souls willing to drag a 28 (2 upgrades away from 29) through the hard mode. (And gloves, but I WILL get those in the Raid)

We should try and organize a system, where we have 4 30s and 2 29s for the hard mode raid, so we can get more people to level 30. 4 30s means that no matter how the Atheon teleports happen, there will always be a 30 to use the relic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

wes wrote: »
    We should try and organize a system, where we have 4 30s and 2 29s for the hard mode raid, so we can get more people to level 30. 4 30s means that no matter how the Atheon teleports happen, there will always be a 30 to use the relic.

+1 for this, I now have the gear to hit 30, just need to farm some materials,
    It's very doable with 2x29s.
    I know people will be like "Oh we did it with 3x29s and 2x28s" but with 4x30s and 2x29s at least it can be done inside 3 hours if people know what they are doing.
    But at 29 you would really need at least 1 fully upgraded Raid primary and a decent sniper rifle

If somebody wants to farm my Warlock to 30 for me I'll do the HM raid with them :pac:

Fair deal right?

On the HM Raid it is actually doable with all 29s and even 1 28 but again it depends on how good everyone is and perhaps more importantly how often you've raided together. If you have 2/3 30s though you'll do it no problem with a pick up group.

If you're lacking 30s just let a 29 pick up the shield and the other 2 people spend a couple of seconds helping him kill the mob. You can also send a 4th person through the portal if necessary but if everyone has rockets the shield carrier won't even need to do anything but cleanse.

wes wrote: »

Good plan. Until Atheon uses his evil powers and only teleports two :D

Can you stay at the back of the spawn platform and snipe the oracles in Mars/Venus and ignore the AI and then just run past them?
    Anyone ever tried?

Cormac... wrote: »
    +1 for this, I now have the gear to hit 30, just need to farm some materials,
    It's very doable with 2x29s.
    I know people will be like "Oh we did it with 3x29s and 2x28s" but with 4x30s and 2x29s at least it can be done inside 3 hours if people know what they are doing.
    But at 29 you would really need at least 1 fully upgraded Raid primary and a decent sniper rifle

Whoever gets the helmet can then get it leveled and be one of the 30s for the raid to get others to 30 the week after.

The stat rolls on the chest pieces are very good this week. All in the 140s for their respective stats.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can you stay at the back of the spawn platform and snipe the oracles in Mars/Venus and ignore the AI and then just run past them?
    Anyone ever tried?

Sounds a lot riskier than just killing them, don't see why it couldn't be done though.

Anyone ever tried?

You don't have to kill the oracles at all. You can just run straight out. The only thing is you won't get times vegence and the Atheon fight will take much longer.

Handy tactic if the relic holder dies is just pick up the relic and leave. At least that way its not a wipe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

picked up Plan C this morning. My first exotic weapon :) haven't put it to the test yet but look forward to using it to help me get more shards with more ease and get my gear levelled up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

After my experience with Bad Juju I'm a bit reluctant to bite on Plan C.

Is it worth splashing out for, or better off picking up the titan armour and grabbing a legendary fusion from vanguard instead?

I'd get the armour, an exotic fusion seems like a waste to me. I've the plan C and Pocket Infinity and never use either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I do tend to use fusion a lot in PVP though...

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Watching a youtube clip earlier and the guy was calling for an urgent nerf on fusion rifles. I really hate these type of comments. Don't play much MP but the guy was saying fusions have broken it and IB was terrible as a result. I played IB through to rank 5 and never once noticed fusion rifles to be a problem.
    Played a good bit of MP over the years and it's a constant complaint from communities that this gun or that gun is way OP. Certainly some guns are much better than others and some are awful but I can't think of one game (that I've played) that was utterly broken by a gun.
    /rant

plus if they nerf the fusions after me just picking up the Vex I'm going postal

I just saw this post. I play a decent amount of MP. Fusions are the only weapon group in the game that I think could do with a bit of a nerf. Even if it's just a small range nerf or a stability penalty if somebody has the jump on you. I started using them recently in PVP and they are godlike. Like a shotgun sniper rifle. Getting shot with an auto rifle? Just aim your fusion, one shot, dead, all while taking damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I just saw this post. I play a decent amount of MP. Fusions are the only weapon group in the game that I think could do with a bit of a nerf. Even if it's just a small range nerf or a stability penalty if somebody has the jump on you. I started using them recently in PVP and they are godlike. Like a shotgun sniper rifle. Getting shot with an auto rifle? Just aim your fusion, one shot, dead, all while taking damage.

how do you compensate for the charge time though? maybe its just me, but I tend to suck majorly when I try and use then.

Aim where they are "going to be" :)

Pre charge your gun and stay out of fire while you're doing so.

Just typed a long response and got a network error - here we go again :)

Don't get me wrong they're good and I ran a fully upgraded Light Beware during IB but honestly didn't over use it. I had the Thorn bounty @ 200/500 (where you have to get 500 pts with void damage in PvP). Even though the LB was void I was soon 0/500 because I was consistently using the Suros.
    Fusions are a much better option than shotguns (another group people seem to be clamouring for a nerf) imo. If I saw everyone running round with them I'd think different but I just don't see it. They have drawbacks too - the charge time as mentioned above & they'll get wrecked by autos at any decent range.
    I think they are extemley useful in PvP but not to the extent they are damaging game play.

how do you compensate for the charge time though? maybe its just me, but I tend to suck majorly when I try and use then.

As the lads have said, pre-charge when you see the red segment on the map. Then pocket infinity has auto fire, Plan C has no charge when switching from primary, vex has next to no charge time.

It's not a gamebreaker as many people don't know how to use them effectively and they aren't massively OP. A small nerf for PVP wouldn't hurt though.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's only the really good Fusion rifles that are good in crucible. The more common ones usually suck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement