Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

And we're back with some more cheap humour :pac:

Yo mama so fat her v***** does void damage
    Yo mama is so fat the vex cant make a machine outa her
    Yo mama so fat her appearance is a public event.
    Yo mama so fat Gorgons spot her at the start of the raid.

Yo mama so dumb her Super Good Advice is just Advice.
    Yo mama so dumb her Intellect is zero, always.
    Yo mama so dumb she activates her Super just to be normal.
    Yo moma so dumb she thought Plan C was a morning-after pill
    Yo moma so dumb that the Exo Stranger had to take time to explain why she didn't have time to explain

Yo mama so ugly even gorgons won't gaze at her.
    Yo mama so ugly seeker rounds fail to seek her.
    Yo mama so ugly even Xyor the Unwed wouldn't wed her.
    Yo mama so ugly Bungie let her keep Jackolytes year-round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

So after getting an X1 on Tuesday, I ambled into the crucible last night for the first time with my cocky level 9 titan.

Jeez, is there any sort of ranking system in play? Got put into a domination game where I was 9, there was a 13 and everyone else was 27/28/29.

Carnage. Like, I got the drop on one guy, meleed him and got a point blank shotgun blast off at him and he still had time to change out of a sniper rifle and cap me with a handgun shot to the body.

During some of the firefights I managed to unload numerous clips into some guys, mostly head shots, with nothing to show for it.

What's the point of putting a weakling like me up against guys I literally can't kill? (I managed two kills but that was opportunistic luck!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've a question about the Exotic helm lorrery that Xur runs every weekend. So, if I buy an Engram I have a 33% chance of getting a helm for my Warlock class.

But I have seen people say that if you switch to a different class you will have a 50% chance of getting the helm you want. How does that work? Doesn't sound correct to me?

If it works I'd consider starting another class just to help me get that helm.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

quad_red wrote: »
    So after getting an X1 on Tuesday, I ambled into the crucible last night for the first time with my cocky level 9 titan.

Jeez, is there any sort of ranking system in play? Got put into a domination game where I was 9, there was a 13 and everyone else was 27/28/29.

Carnage. Like, I got the drop on one guy, meleed him and got a point blank shotgun blast off at him and he still had time to change out of a sniper rifle and cap me with a handgun shot to the body.

During some of the firefights I managed to unload numerous clips into some guys, mostly head shots, with nothing to show for it.

What's the point of putting a weakling like me up against guys I literally can't kill? (I managed two kills but that was opportunistic luck!)

Sounds more like lag to be honest. High level players will have perks in their armour and weapons as well as class abilities that will give them an advantage over you but your weapon damage and shields etc are scaled to be the same as everyone else regardless of your level. Shotgun is one hit kill at close range regardless of your level or the rarity of the gun.
    I've a question about the Exotic helm lorrery that Xur runs every weekend. So, if I buy an Engram I have a 33% chance of getting a helm for my Warlock class.

But I have seen people say that if you switch to a different class you will have a 50% chance of getting the helm you want. How does that work? Doesn't sound correct to me?

It doesn't work it's more of a placebo effect. :pac:

I could literraly write a 5,000 word response to this as there is SO much to understand about PvP....

But I'll sum it up by saying unless you were a Day 1 Crucible player (playing crucible since launch) you're probably best just staying out of PvP until you hit level 20

Almost everything I could bore you to tears about (Exotic armour buffs, good subclass ability choices, good weapons with good perk and good buffs) will be abundantly clear if you play some more PvE and start to step away from filthy White and Green gear

Chance are if you came up against me in Crucible you would be like "how the F**k did that guy just manage to throw 7 grenades in a row?"
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It doesn't work. I thought I had read something on Reddit where Deej said it but I took it up wrong.

Just a 33% chance unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Cormac... wrote: »
    I could literraly write a 5,000 word response to this as there is SO much to understand about PvP....

But I'll sum it up by saying unless you were a Day 1 Crucible player (playing crucible since launch) you're probably best just staying out of PvP until you hit level 20

Almost everything I could bore you to tears about (Exotic armour buffs, good subclass ability choices, good weapons with good perk and good buffs) will be abundantly clear if you play some more PvE and start to step away from filthy White and Green gear

Chance are if you came up against me in Crucible you would be like "how the F**k did that guy just manage to throw 7 grenades in a row?"

Direct and to the point.

Cheers :)

No point getting totally disheartened by it. As for gear, well I was chuffed at my new 64 attack scout rifle until I realised what sort of howitzers the other guys were toting.

Anyone recommend a good advice guide for a stable way of leveling up a titan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Can you stay at the back of the spawn platform and snipe the oracles in Mars/Venus and ignore the AI and then just run past them?
    Anyone ever tried?

This will probably wont work, mostly because hobgoblins and praetorians will start to come up the stairs and then, half way through killing the oracles hell will break loose.

You might get away once from what I have seen, minions turn around as soon as you start shooting and then, the goblins will start to teleport and same thing with the praetorians, you might want to try it though, you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The only real difference being lvl 7 compared to a 30 in PvP is that the 30 will have all of their class abilities and gun/armour perks unlocked. I wouldn't go as far as to say don't play it but its easier to rank that stuff up and acquire good gear in PvE than PvP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Direct and to the point.

No point getting totally disheartened by it. As for gear, well I was chuffed at my new 64 attack scout rifle until I realised what sort of howitzers the other guys were toting.

Anyone recommend a good advice guide for a stable way of leveling up a titan?/QUOTE]

Playing through the story (if you can call it that) is a good way to level up. Turning in bounties is the best way of leveling up gear and guns quickly but really only for higher level stuff.
    I think once you hit level 14 you can start doing strikes.
    If you're still enjoying it by level 20 then it really opens up.
    Titan is the best character (go with the defender subclass when you unlock it) btw don't let these loser Hunters/Warlocks tell you otherwise :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Direct and to the point.

Just stick to the PvE missions to start and make sure you keep an eye on the vanguard bounties and pick off the ones you can manage along the way as much as possible.
    The low level strikes are also a good way to boost your gear along the way.

Once you get to level 20 crucible will be easier, you'll probably have your striker subclass maxed out by then and will have your own perks to level the playing field a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

What I got from this is that Cormac is the ExoStranger. I don't even have to explain why I don't have.... :pac:

Attack doesn't matter a damn in Crucible, I use a weapon with 300 attack and in PvP that will do the same damage as a weapon with 50 attack.
    What causes the most damage per hit in PvP is the "impact" stat on weapons

Join the Boards clan in my signature and send me a friend request :D
    Also, try and get "over levelled" on any story missions or strikes by about 3 levels and do them on hard.
    Do daily Vanguard and Crucible bounties but ONLY when they fit your play style, don't take a PvP bounty for Shotguns if you don't use them
    Bohrio wrote: »
    This will probably wont work

Yeah i doubt it would too..... I wash;t sure if what was triggering the enemies moving was walking past an invisible line or shooting them 1st... Kind of like how you can kill the 1st gate keeper without an enemies moving....
    AdamD wrote: »
    The only real difference being lvl 7 compared to a 30 in PvP is that the 30 will have all of their class abilities and gun/armour perks unlocked. I wouldn't go as far as to say don't play it but its easier to rank that stuff up and acquire good gear in PvE than PvP.

By level 26+ the perks and abilities you have will make a MASSIVE difference.
    7 AOE Solar Grenades with Extended duration on Control point B! Am I Right?!?! :pac:
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Playing through the story (if you can call it that) is a good way to level up. Turning in bounties is the best way of leveling up gear and guns quickly but really only for higher level stuff.
    I think once you hit level 14 you can start doing strikes.
    If you're still enjoying it by level 20 then it really opens up.
    Titan is the best character (go with the defender subclass when you unlock it) btw don't let these loser Hunters/Warlocks tell you otherwise :)

He Gimli, on an unrelated note, whats your gamer tag btw, I'm curious?
    BizzyC wrote: »
    Just stick to the PvE missions to start and make sure you keep an eye on the vanguard bounties and pick off the ones you can manage along the way as much as possible.
    The low level strikes are also a good way to boost your gear along the way.

Once you get to level 20 crucible will be easier, you'll probably have your striker subclass maxed out by then and will have your own perks to level the playing field a bit.

+1
    What I got from this is that Cormac is the ExoStranger. I don't even have to explain why I don't have.... :pac:

You mean the Speaker... "I could tell you about the great war.... I could tell you about..." :pac:

@Cormac

PSN: gimli2112

Damn, my powers to kick you out of the clan are worthless here :pac:

OVGWfZI.jpg

^ Gimli

Decided to level a Warlock Alt. Actually going pretty quickly. Level 12 after a couple of hours gameplay. At this rate he'll be 30 before the titan. Even have an exotic helm waiting for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

anyone running HM raid this weekend?

What time/date does the DLC land. I know it's Dec 9th... but is it gonan be at like 10am GMT or what?
    I'm genuinely tempted to take a holiday day on Launch day

Why waste a holiday just call in sick?

I took last Monday off to play Far Cry 4, had it planned for weeks. It's still in the box. That was Destiny's fault though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What time/date does the DLC land. I know it's Dec 9th... but is it gonan be at like 10am GMT or what?
    I'm genuinely tempted to take a holiday day on Launch day

*Could be wrong*

The raid will be time released won't it? Bit pointless having a day off if there's no raid to do, will just be 2 new strikes and 3 new pvp maps.

New playlists could be good too actually. Can't wait for 2v2.

• Advertisement

I hope it's not a timed release... i don't know why it would be.
    I assume the 1st was timed so there would be a window to get to level 26.

Interested in the hardcore PVP modes. Wonder if that has no supers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Decided to level a Warlock Alt. Actually going pretty quickly. Level 12 after a couple of hours gameplay. At this rate he'll be 30 before the titan. Even have an exotic helm waiting for him.

I'm doing same. I have Legendary Helm, Chest and Boots and the exotic Sunbreaker Gauntlets. I should be 25 as soon as I hit 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

anyone running HM raid this weekend?

I'll be looking for a group on Sunday. Should be able to start from the start of the oracles.

I'm doing same. I have Legendary Helm, Chest and Boots and the exotic Sunbreaker Gauntlets. I should be 25 as soon as I hit 20.

I think the only thing I'm missing is boots but I'll level Crucible quick enough to get those. Decided to buy the Voidfang vestiments for him. Sure who knows when they'll be available again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Decided to buy the Voidfang vestiments for him. Sure who knows when they'll be available again. :pac:

Knowing XuR probably next weekend lol

I'll be looking for a group on Sunday. Should be able to start from the start of the oracles.

Were you still online when the new guy Terry showed us how to cheese the oracles?
    Cause if not, I can jump in at the start, show you how to do that cause he ran us through how to do it.
    Then I can jump out of the FT, you can get a 6th and you can crack on with it

Wah-hey-ho! :pac:

#XurWarlockProblems

He's had them 6 times, right? Can't be random

He's had them 6 times, right? Can't be random

I have it from a couple of weeks back as it was one of the few Voidwalker pieces.... it's pretty crap if i'm being honest.

Heart of the Praxis fire though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Finally maxed out the Gjallarhorn.

Hail to the king baby! :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement