Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Helping out a friend of a friend in the Ju Ju mission yesterday, 25 strikes. Were doing the Nightfall as that counts as 3, apparently. Must have done 6 or 7 with him. Thank God for Corrective Measures. It can shoot through a Knight's shield and with 2 of us using it we made bits out of the Wizards even with their solar shields.
    Brother then came on and needed help with 2 Nightfalls and a weekly. If I see the Summoning Pits in the next week I'm going to have a fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Six hours in, have my titan up to level 11 and starting to get the hang of it.

A quick question re weapons though. I see allot of chat about exotic weapons etc. Now obviously that's above my paygrade yet.

Currently I've just got a scout rifle with 101 damage which I'm pretty chuffed about. And I've just been dismantling lower damage stuff. So I keep the highest damage scout rifle/sniper rifle/machine gun etc. and dismantle the rest.

Same with armour.

But some of the stuff I've dismantled did have special attributes like fire or frost.

Should I be keeping these to hand even though they've got a far lower attack/defence score? At what stage do you encounter baddies that can only be dealt with with special weapons?

You'll be fine just keeping your higher damage weapons. Once you start doing strikes which I think is level 14 or 16 you'll start encountering enemies with solar, arc or void shields. Having the right weapon makes it easier but it's not essential and the damage stat is more important in the PvE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

quad_red wrote: »

A quick question re weapons though. I see allot of chat about exotic weapons etc. Now obviously that's above my paygrade yet.

Currently I've just got a scout rifle with 101 damage which I'm pretty chuffed about. And I've just been dismantling lower damage stuff. So I keep the highest damage scout rifle/sniper rifle/machine gun etc. and dismantle the rest.

Same with armour.

But some of the stuff I've dismantled did have special attributes like fire or frost.

Should I be keeping these to hand even though they've got a far lower attack/defence score? At what stage do you encounter baddies that can only be dealt with with special weapons?

If you have the right element you'll burn through the shield faster and then do standard damage against their health. With the wrong element you just do the weapons standard damage against their shield. You don't really need to worry about matching elements until you hit heroics and it is only a requirement for nightfall strikes as then the wrong element will just be resisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Same with armour.

You would want a secondary and special weapon of each damage type (Solar = Orange, Void = Purple, Arc = Blue) by the time you hit around level 15 so start stock piling one of each now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cormac... wrote: »
    You would want a secondary and special weapon of each damage type (Solar = Orange, Void = Purple, Arc = Blue) by the time you hit around level 15 so start stock piling one of each now

The thing is, he probably wont find anything worth hanging onto until he hits closer to level 20 anyway. the RNG is still segmented in some way (i.e. a lvl 5 player will never come across a blue engram).

I've never seen a purple engram in the wild. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Thats funny. I never knew what the colours meant and tbh theres soooo much to try and get your head around I never bothered finding out.

So yeah learn something new every day. :o

Thats funny. I never knew what the colours meant and tbh theres soooo much to try and get your head around I never bothered finding out.

So yeah learn something new every day. :o

Wizards have red shield, susceptible to solar damage, Captains have blue = arc, minotaurs have purple=void.

Well yeah, TBH you can probably blaze all the way to level 20 with different iterations of the same auto rifles and be grand. But I'd be less included to junk a weapon after level 13 or so if it had elemental damage

Spent about 6 days farming materials..... So I finally hit level 30, even have an alternate set of legendary Gauntlets for PvP (Iron Banner vs Raid).
    Fully upgraded Truth, Vision of Confluence, Corrective Measures, Zombie Apocalypse, Steel Oracle

And VERY close to maxxed out Broken Truth, Preadyeths Revenge, Ice Breaker, Pocket Infinity and my 2nd re-rolled Shadow Price (for PvP)

Must have gathered about 700 materials over about 10 patrol session over about 6 days, thanks to AbusesToilets and N-o-cal for the help.

I am now out of Glimmer and Ascent Energy.

Guess I'll be doing the Daily + Public Event between now and the DLC or I'll be f**ked when the DLC lands :o

But at least I have the gear required to carry my own weigh in the Hard Raid..... Vision of Confluence is a big help not to mention the passive buffs on the Helm and Gauntlets

Well yeah, TBH you can probably blaze all the way to level 20 with different iterations of the same auto rifles and be grand. But I'd be less included to junk a weapon after level 13 or so if it had elemental damage

You can buy lvl 16 elemental weapons from the gunsmith in the tower so i personally wouldn't bother with anything under 16.

• Advertisement

I'm junking legendaries now just to make space in the Vault.

Just on this point I thrashed a legendary machine gun yesterday and got six energies from it. Hadn't realised but you must get more once it is ranked up because that one was fully levelled up and usually I only seem to get three from dismantling new ones. Sorry it wasn't fully levelled as I hadn't put any energies into it but all the rings were unlocked.

There's no handicap to carting around shedloads of gear is there? (ala oblivion)

I can conclusively say the story is utterly underwhelming and I was perturbed at the amount of times you have to go back through the same levels.

But it's so moreish.... Despite reading about people giving out about the grind, I find it relaxing.

There is some deviant sorcery going on with the game's design.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

There's no handicap to carting around shedloads of gear is there? (ala oblivion)

No, there are no weight induced movement speed reducing going on here. You could have 10 Main / 10 Special / 10 Super weapons and 10 pieces or Armour for each slot and you will still move at the same speed.
    I can conclusively say the story is utterly underwhelming and I was perturbed at the amount of times you have to go back through the same levels.

But it's so moreish.... Despite reading about people giving out about the grind, I find it relaxing.

Yes, story wise is far from special. The one area of the game they really excelled in is the Gunplay. It really is just spot on, Goldilocks zone, right in the sweet spot, the dogs bo!!oxs.

So, I hit my maximum possible level last night. 29 and half. Need the Raid Gloves and either the Raid Helm or an Exotic from Xur. Fully leveled my Vision of Confluence and my Praedyths Revenge is half a wheel away from full level. I now assume I'm better off trying the HM Raid? If I can wiggle my way onto a team with some 30's, and not die of course.

Hey Solvableknave. I think I bumped into you on the moon last night. Me and my brother were on it ages waiting for a final public event. How come every time it's defend the Warsat or fight off the landing parties there seems to be an army of gaurdians, yet spawn a kill the target enemy on Mars and there's only tumbleweed :)

yup, theres some sort of secret sauce in there alright.

that being said, and despite the mechanics of the raid making no sense whatsoever in the grand scheme of things (confluxes, oracles, rituals of negation, relics etc. etc.) the raid is super fun. there were 6 of us doing it saturday night, each of us pretty much knowing their role - you feel very badass holding down your zone of the map and having teammates covering each others backs.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Hey Solvableknave. I think I bumped into you on the moon last night. Me and my brother were on it ages waiting for a final public event. How come every time it's defend the Warsat or fight off the landing parties there seems to be an army of gaurdians, yet spawn a kill the target enemy on Mars and there's only tumbleweed :)

probably because people are using event trackers on their phones and only attempting the ones they can guarantee to finish solo.

You can buy lvl 16 elemental weapons from the gunsmith in the tower so i personally wouldn't bother with anything under 16.

Gunsmith? The only time you should be talking to him is when you need 10 Rare or higher Fusion Rifles for the Pocket Infinity bounty or buying Ammo Synths... The rest of the time he is completely redundant and almost never has anything better than what you already use/found in the wild.
    I'm junking legendaries now just to make space in the Vault

I'm junking legendaries now cause they are $h!t€ and I know I'll never use them if I have a similar weapon which has the same elemental damage and is already partially upgraded. Some of the buffs on Legendary and Exotic gear is a joke....

A kill with the last round of this magazine has a chance to return ammo to the mag..... with a 35 mag auto rifle....

F**k that! :pac:

No, unless you consider the amount of stuff you can carry on your guardian and in the Vault to be too low... but to be honest, you'll out grow a lot of gear once you hit 20 and start playing RNG

100%. I think I'm mostly playing now cause I actually understand it, the gameplay is spot on and the social aspect is really good in the clan.
    Plus you can throw it on for an hour a day after level 20 and do you bits and bobs.

If I were you, once you hit level 20, get a class item for either New Orbit, Future War Cult or New Monarchy straight away.... it doesn't really matter which one, but AFAIK these are the only guaranteed Legendaries (and it's quicker than levelling up the Vanguard and Crucible if you play a balance of PvP and PvE).

Also do about 8+ bounties a day and you will fly up to level 3.

Once you hit level 3 with a faction, it's a like a whole new game.

I would HIGHLY recommend doing at least 4 Crucible bounties a day... the reasons may not seem clear now (Crucible Marks required to buy faction specific gear)... but if you're going to be levelling up anyway (even pre level 20) you may aswell be collecting Marks as you go along.

3 Marks for a win, 2 for a loss....
    You need between 60 and 120 for Legendary armour
    I now assume I'm better off trying the HM Raid? If I can wiggle my way onto a team with some 30's, and not die of course.

If you're 29.5 I'll take you on my Hard Raid team this week (Tuesday around 8) if you're around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I've junked quite a few weapons not knowing this.

Oops.:o

In my defence I really dont think bungie do a lot to help a player learn as they go.

I'm a level 26 with 65 hours odd invested here and am still finding bits and pieces out as I go and thats before I even go near raids etc..

My legendary Purifier VII fusion rifle has Arc Damage it seems, I just checked the Destiny app.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,621 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got that kill the target on the moon last night, there was one other person present. We had the wizard down to half health and no shield in quick order. Then suddenly it disappeared from the screen and reappeared halfway across the map outside its final checkpoint. Raging I was!

• Advertisement

Yeah, t'was me. Farming those bloody Helium Filaments.

I think I ran 5 of those Warsat events last night, 2 on the moon which where about 5 mins apart from each other. I have never understood why no one goes for the Kill Target Events. I will always drop what I'm doing for a Public Event, even the Kill Target ones. I've only managed to complete on of them due to the lack of pickup from other players.

I've junked quite a few weapons not knowing this.

Oops.:o

In my defence I really dont think bungie do a lot to help a player learn as they go.

I'm a level 26 with 65 hours odd invested here and am still finding bits and pieces out as I go and thats before I even go near raids etc..

My legendary Purifier VII fusion rifle has Arc Damage it seems, I just checked the Destiny app.

Well if you're doing a Weekly Strike that has "Arc Burn" that will do something like 6x damage to Arc Shields and 4x Damage to enemies overall.... but if you're against the Fallen, they will do 4x Damage too :D

Yeah the kill target ones can be murder. They're actually very inconsistent. Like Mitch says I've played them before where it spawned, I start shooting it and it takes off. Really frustrating.
    If I have my Titan Defender it's generally ok as I can blind it but anything else I'm struggling. I've done a few of them solo but failed a lot more.

Gunsmith? The only time you should be talking to him is when you need 10 Rare or higher Fusion Rifles for the Pocket Infinity bounty or buying Ammo Synths... The rest of the time he is completely redundant and almost never has anything better than what you already use/found in the wild.

Yes, they are mainly junk but given that he does sell 16 elementals there isn't any point holding onto anything less that you find yourself.

I'm junking legendaries now just to make space in the Vault.

What/where is the vault?
    The thing is, he probably wont find anything worth hanging onto until he hits closer to level 20 anyway. the RNG is still segmented in some way (i.e. a lvl 5 player will never come across a blue engram).

I've never seen a purple engram in the wild. :mad:

This. Went on a patrol with a mate last night. He's level 28 and kept telling me to pick this up or pick that up. Only then realised that what he was seeing had fallen from dead enemies was totally different to what level 11 me was seeing.

And while he was getting piles of guns and armour from chests I was getting nothing but glimmer from the same chests.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

If you get into a punch up with the Target on the public events they stop running away. If you have a titan with you one go in punching the other shoot. And then alternate. Great old fun going all Mike Tyson on them.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What/where is the vault?

On front of where you spawn in the tower they're like lockers. You can use it to transfer stuff between characters or as extra storage. Honestly though, I would junk everything you're not using until you hit level 20. The only reason I would keep anything that isn't purple is if I like it in PvP.

FYI, New Raid starts at level 30 apparently:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LukeWasRight/status/539148095028994049?p=v

Was thinking over the weekend I should have ground out Iron Banner for my three characters but I just got everything for my Titan. The Hunter and Warlock are now wallowing at level 29. Presumbaly they will include other events for level 30 gear with the DLC. I've done the current normal Raid with a level 27 character.
    It.Was.Not.Easy.

• Advertisement

If you're 29.5 I'll take you on my Hard Raid team this week (Tuesday around 8) if you're around

Cheers man, but I doubt I'll be able to get on that early to be honest, what with getting in from work and spending time with the kids, then into bed time routine, then time with my wife (who is just awesome by the way:D. She doesn't read this, but still nice to giver her a shoutout.) half 9 is the earliest I can manage, but is usually 10 or a little after.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement