Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »

Didn't they say 29 for the Normal version?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I have a HM raid check point at the gate keeper I'm looking to finish tonight. Will need a few 30's as im only lvl 29. be on around 9

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've done the current normal Raid with a level 27 character.
    It.Was.Not.Easy.

When I 1st ran the Raid it was all fields :pac:

(robbed from someone taking the pi$$ out of me yammering on when I was helping them with the Normal raid last week)
    Cheers man, but I doubt I'll be able to get on that early to be honest, what with getting in from work and spending time with the kids, then into bed time routine, then time with my wife (who is just awesome by the way:D. She doesn't read this, but still nice to giver her a shoutout.) half 9 is the earliest I can manage, but is usually 10 or a little after.

Fair enough, there is usually a 2nd team starting around 9 or 9.30.... or at least there is when I don't poach their Guardians :o
    Didn't they say 29 for the Normal version?

Well it's all speculation, but almost all of that speculation points to either one of the following:
    Normal 28 - Hard 32 (Sounds fair)
    Normal 30 - Hard 32 (#Level30MasterRace #SolvableKnaveNotInvited)
    Normal 30 - Hard 33 (FFS, this can go F**k off)
    weiland79 wrote: »
    I have a HM raid check point at the gate keeper I'm looking to finish tonight. Will need a few 30's as im only lvl 29. be on around 9

I've already ran it, but I should be online later and if you need a 6th badly, just send me an invite

• Registered Users Posts: 45,904 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm also looking to finish the HM raid tonight before the reset. Level 30 myself.

My two attempts at it so far have fallen at the gatekeeper each time - after about an hour of repeated failures.

Ideally would love to start around 7 or 8.

Todays Tip of the Day:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Thought the new raid was 28 and 32?

AdamD wrote: »
    Thought the new raid was 28 and 32?

Well that's not going to stop me speculating on speculation :pac:

Todays Tip of the Day:

That's so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

weiland79 wrote: »

I was in that group too. I'd love to finish a HM Raid. I think 9pm is too early for me though. Should be on at 10pm. If a slot is open I'll join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

I was in that group too. I'd love to finish a HM Raid. I think 9pm is too early for me though. Should be on at 10pm. If a slot is open I'll join in.

Same here, 2 HM Raids - can't pass the gatekeeper. I suppose i need a couple more NM Raids ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm also looking to finish the HM raid tonight before the reset. Level 30 myself.

My two attempts at it so far have fallen at the gatekeeper each time - after about an hour of repeated failures.

Ideally would love to start around 7 or 8.

Yeah we could have done with a another level 30. Might go a bit smoother tonight as I have just maxed corrective measure for taking down those minotaurs a bit quicker with its armour piercing rounds,

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

The Blitzkrieg method looks pretty good too : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54G-8IoMxIo

I'll wait for you, plenty of farming to be done in the meantime.

The Blitzkrieg method looks pretty good too : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54G-8IoMxIo

Cheese the gatekeeper!

Shoot the gatekeeper (6x Sniper Rifles) from the doorway, that is all you need to do.
    He'll be dead before his minions even realise what you're doing

Then send your 2 lvl30s into the 1st gate: get the relic

Same 2 lvl30s go in the 2nd gate (have a 3rd ready to run in if one of you goes down) and have 2 people designated to go into the centre and defend the conflux from the Minotaurs coming down the main stairs (ideally 2 people with maxxed Void weapons).

If you decide who is in each of the 3 teams (gate + gate, sync plate + centre, and sync plate + sync plate) before you fire your 1st bullet you will get it in 3 runs or less or your money back :)

I've always found the biggest problem with the Gatekeeper is people being unsure of their roles, you just hear some people go "I'll go in the centre" and if we're being honest a lot of the time most of the people don't know who said that :pac:

I probably pi$$ a lot of people off when doing the raid by going and calling out peoples gamertags and saying who goes where, but it really makes the whole process a whole lot easier.

The days of their being 1 absolute f**king legend with the Relic for the entirety of the Raid are dead and buried

• Registered Users Posts: 45,904 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

How do you use the Destiny LFG site?

Can you message the people on their to ask for a spot, and then send a friend request?

How do you use the Destiny LFG site?

Can you message the people on their to ask for a spot, and then send a friend request?

I think you post what you're looking to do and people can add you if they want.

Cheese the gatekeeper!

Shoot the gatekeeper (6x Sniper Rifles) from the doorway, that is all you need to do.
    He'll be dead before his minions even realise what you're doing

Then send your 2 lvl30s into the 1st gate: get the relic

Same 2 lvl30s go in the 2nd gate (have a 3rd ready to run in if one of you goes down) and have 2 people designated to go into the centre and defend the conflux from the Minotaurs coming down the main stairs (ideally 2 people with maxxed Void weapons).

If you decide who is in each of the 3 teams (gate + gate, sync plate + centre, and sync plate + sync plate) before you fire your 1st bullet you will get it in 3 runs or less or your money back :)

I've always found the biggest problem with the Gatekeeper is people being unsure of their roles, you just hear some people go "I'll go in the centre" and if we're being honest a lot of the time most of the people don't know who said that :pac:

I probably pi$$ a lot of people off when doing the raid by going and calling out peoples gamertags and saying who goes where, but it really makes the whole process a whole lot easier.

The days of their being 1 absolute f**king legend with the Relic for the entirety of the Raid are dead and buried

Agreed. We only had three level 30's last night and kept falling at the second gate as the 29's weren't able to hold it. Came up with a different strategy for the second gate, but didn't get a chance to try it.

Have the relic holder go into the gate and use his super then come back out until he gets it again. Gatekeeper should go down in 3 shots and makes holding the gate outside easier. Not sure if the mob inside will let you though, but without the gatekeeper they are pretty easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Agata21

that's great this is to demonstrate I can post a reply on boards for communications

Agreed. We only had three level 30's last night and kept falling at the second gate as the 29's weren't able to hold it. Came up with a different strategy for the second gate, but didn't get a chance to try it.

Have the relic holder go into the gate and use his super then come back out until he gets it again. Gatekeeper should go down in 3 shots and makes holding the gate outside easier. Not sure if the mob inside will let you though, but without the gatekeeper they are pretty easy.

I'd be more inclined to let the person who is going into the 2nd Gate Without the Relic use their Super (bearing in mind you can wait as long as you need to before triggering the Gatekeeper by shooting him) + 2 Rockets + Full Sniper clip (the minute you walk in the gate) on the Gatekeeper and let the Relic holder clear the Hob-Goblins.

Anyway, if you guys do get badly stuck later, I'll jump in on it, feeling a lot more confident now that I've farmed more than a.... a..... actual... farmer... i guess... :o *

*Someone needs to come up with a better farming joke than that

I'd be more inclined to let the person who is going into the 2nd Gate Without the Relic use their Super (bearing in mind you can wait as long as you need to before triggering the Gatekeeper by shooting him) + 2 Rockets + Full Sniper clip (the minute you walk in the gate) on the Gatekeeper and let the Relic holder clear the Hob-Goblins.

Anyway, if you guys do get badly stuck later, I'll jump in on it, feeling a lot more confident now that I've farmed more than a.... a..... actual... farmer... i guess... :o *

*Someone needs to come up with a better farming joke than that
    330218.jpg
    Image of Cormac 5 minutes after starting to farm.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Had a first yesterday.

While farming for Spirit Bloom, a normal vandal dropped a purple engram.
    That was the 1st purple I've seen dropped on a patrol.
    But it gets better, the purple then turned out to be an exotic, another 1st.

So I got Universal Remote.
    Is it another bad juju, or is this one decent?

BizzyC wrote: »
    Had a first yesterday.

Totally different kettle of fish. It's a primary shotgun right? Bad Juju is a Pulse rifle. AFAIK, If you use Shotguns in PvP it's a great weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Universal Remote is awful or at least it is at first. I've used it a little (PvE only) and gave up. It may rank up to be a monster but first impressions are not good.

Am I a lone wolf in saying I don't know why anyone would use a Shotgun in PvE... I just... don't get.... it....

They are shocking compared to fusion rifles and nothing should be getting that close to you, and if so, just melee the guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

BizzyC wrote: »
    Had a first yesterday.

In the last two days ive had two Purple engram drops. My two fireteam friends had one each last night. All our first (and second) since we started the game two days after release. Has something changed? Or just random luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Am I a lone wolf in saying I don't know why anyone would use a Shotgun in PvE... I just... don't get.... it....

They are shocking compared to fusion rifles and nothing should be getting that close to you, and if so, just melee the guys.

I have a void comedian fully levelled that makes bits of praetorians. very handy for defending the centre solo just before atheon, they'll usually only get down a step or two before death.

Its great in pvp as well but I've been trying to get used to fusion rifles since I got the Plan C in a raid.

In the last two days ive had two Purple engram drops. My two fireteam friends had one each last night. All our first (and second) since we started the game two days after release. Has something changed? Or just random luck?

I could tell you how the game has changed.... I could tell you about the great patches... I could tell you about the RNG changes.....
    I have a void comedian fully levelled that makes bits of praetorians. very handy for defending the centre solo just before atheon, they'll usually only get down a step or two before death.

Its great in pvp as well but I've been trying to get used to fusion rifles since I got the Plan C in a raid.

The Comedian is also meant to be a beast in PvP too

But Praetorians (and Captains) you do not want to be getting too close to incase they do their teleport and melee combo (in general anyway, I like to keep them at arms length)
    I've always felt the Shotgun was a weapon you would use on "hordes" say like Thralls.... but it's safe to say once you've killed a few thralls then you're grand for the rest of the game.

Let's say they loaded a shotgun with 15 rounds, then it would be handy if you had a tank class. But IMHO they are just not needed as SOOOOOO much of the game is so open (very little close quarters bits)

While I'm on it, I rarely find myself using my Red Death Pulse rifles as I alternate between Auto Rifles (near and mid range) and Scout Rifles (mid and long range).... plus it's not got an elemental effect.... and I'd rather save my Exotic slot for my Special or Heavy/.... at least until I get an Exotic Auto Rifle #FcukYouXur

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah they're pretty useless outside of PvP unless you're fighting low level enemies imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The skeptic in me feels that some tweaks were made to the RNG for thanksgiving, seems like everyone is magically getting the stuff they want / need.

and just before the DLC releases too. Ooh, the conspiracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Shotguns are poor in PvE. I have Invective, Universal Remote, a couple of Raid ones and a couple of comedians. One of the comedians is fully levelled up I think. I used it a bit in the Crucible. They can be fun to use just for a change but you wouldn't be bringing one with you in a Nightfall/Raid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement