Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Cormac... wrote: »
    I could tell you how the game has changed.... I could tell you about the great patches... I could tell you about the RNG changes.....

But do you have time to explain what needs time to explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ooh, the conspiracy.

Twist... Xur sells Exotic Helms this weekend allowing those stuck at 28/29 to hit 30 before Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Am I a lone wolf in saying I don't know why anyone would use a Shotgun in PvE... I just... don't get.... it....

They are shocking compared to fusion rifles and nothing should be getting that close to you, and if so, just melee the guys.

Found verdict against praetorians in hard mode is an absolute beast, 2 -3 shots and they are gone. On hard it can be a bit trickier though. I probably wouldnt chance it although it can come handy while defending the conflux.

I use it for all raids except the ones with lightswitch

I have final verdict, comedian, judgement vi, invective and universal remote and well, forget universal remote I still dont know whats the purpose of this weapon, pretty much useless IMO, but the others are just great craic and very effective, you just need to be close to the enemy.

I heard about people sniping the gatekeeper off from behind the door the only question is, what do you do with the snipers after he is dead?

when I come in through the door into the last 2 phases of the raid the least of my worries is the gatekeeper, snipers on the other hand are annoying as f...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Twist... Xur sells Exotic Helms this weekend allowing those stuck at 28/29 to hit 30 before Tuesday

is it always exotic armour he sells?

I could do with a set of legendary boots that can hit light 30. I have the achloyphage (sp) helmet that I've had to shelve as I also got an exotic chest piece. If there was legendary light 30 capable boots available easily, I'd probably hit 30 in time for the expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

is it always exotic armour he sells?

I could do with a set of legendary boots that can hit light 30. I have the achloyphage (sp) helmet that I've had to shelve as I also got an exotic chest piece. If there was legendary light 30 capable boots available easily, I'd probably hit 30 in time for the expansion.

Yeah, he only sells Exotics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

How many strange coins would an exotic helmet cost a Titan like myself?

How many strange coins would an exotic helmet cost a Titan like myself?

I think the Armour goes for 13 coins? Weapons for 23.

I think the Armour goes for 13 coins? Weapons for 23.

I'm currently level 26. I assume it'll bring me in to level 27 territory before more faming....

more farming.... yay! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I'm currently level 26. I assume it'll bring me in to level 27 territory before more faming....

more farming.... yay! :(

If he has a helm, yar - not guaranteed though.

If he has a helm, yar - not guaranteed though.

Oh ok so. Hopefully he does this week then.

I think I'll spend my crucible marks on a legendary assault rifle for PvP.

I have 83 now I think so need to keep on plugging away at it. I dont mind that though vs farming. I feel like I'm getting somewhere and enjoying playing with PvP where as farming feels like a chore unfortunately.

Do you guys do missions when farming or just run around for a half hour or hour just collecting what ya can?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

They've been promising to fix the farming aspect for a while now, I wonder with the DLC coming out are we due a new update that will give you more options for finding materials?

Had to farm 48 Helium and a load of spirit bloom over the weekend, what a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Oh ok so. Hopefully he does this week then.

I think I'll spend my crucible marks on a legendary assault rifle for PvP.

I have 83 now I think so need to keep on plugging away at it. I dont mind that though vs farming. I feel like I'm getting somewhere and enjoying playing with PvP where as farming feels like a chore unfortunately.

Do you guys do missions when farming or just run around for a half hour or hour just collecting what ya can?

depends. If I just need the materials, I run round in circles picking up the stuff and only shooting what gets in my way. If I have something that needs levelling or I want something from the vanguard armory I'll do missions.

generally I ignore the missions now though.

There are certain bounties that lend themselves to farming runs: defeat 20 enemies without taking damage, Headshots.

They've been promising to fix the farming aspect for a while now, I wonder with the DLC coming out are we due a new update that will give you more options for finding materials?

Had to farm 48 Helium and a load of spirit bloom over the weekend, what a joke...

There's nothing to fix about farming tbh, its a gating mechanism.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

There's nothing to fix about farming tbh, its a gating mechanism.

The fact that is boring is whats wrong with it. If your going to use a gating mechanism, then make it fun. If its not fun, then its a problem.

wes wrote: »
    The fact that is boring is whats wrong with it. If your going to use a gating mechanism, then make it fun. If its not fun, then its a problem.

I find grinding strikes to be boring, I find farming mats grand. Grinding out mats is a fairly common mechanic, destiny doesn't even make you spend that long doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,578 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

When in the world would you be grinding strikes? Don't think I've ever done that, no useful rewards really.

The one thing I find funny in this game is how quickly something goes from being a massive deal to a discard item. You spend ages fawning after blues, then after you get a few they're discards, then legendaries become what you want, soon you're discarding most of them, then you get exotics and realise you're only really arsed maxing out a few useful ones and the rest sit unused in your fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I find grinding strikes to be boring, I find farming mats grand. Grinding out mats is a fairly common mechanic, destiny doesn't even make you spend that long doing it.

Something being a common mechanic doesn't make it any good. At least with strikes your playing the game, and not running around looking for random mats to appear. Farming is imho a poorly taught out mechanic, and its doubly bad in a shooter.

AdamD wrote: »
    When in the world would you be grinding strikes? Don't think I've ever done that, no useful rewards really.

The one thing I find funny in this game is how quickly something goes from being a massive deal to a discard item. You spend ages fawning after blues, then after you get a few they're discards, then legendaries become what you want, soon you're discarding most of them, then you get exotics and realise you're only really arsed maxing out a few useful ones and the rest sit unused in your fault.

Grinding strikes for vanguard points for gear is not uncommon.
    wes wrote: »
    Something being a common mechanic doesn't make it any good. At least with strikes your playing the game, and not running around looking for random mats to appear. Farming is imho a poorly taught out mechanic, and its doubly bad in a shooter.

Perhaps, different people like different things. I personally don't mind spending 30 mins grabbing mats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

And its live. 2.4 g apparently, but my dl started at 2.3 ?

Heres the change log
    http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---12012014/en/News/News?aid=12433

Exotic no longer require ascendant material :D, Final upgrade requires an exotic shard though which costs 7 strange coins(buying on Friday, like everyone else I presume) or dismantling an exotic.

Dailys now drop farming mats and you can now buy them for marks.

No more cheesing the Templar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Ah feck, they patched the templar.

Can now buy materials with Vanguard/Crucible marks, excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I actually have no clue what the Templar fight is like without mounds of cheese :pac:

The last upgrade for the exotic armour has disappeared, probable won't return until the expansion drops. Still 30 light though.

And the exotics not needing ascendant mats seems to be broken. Typical, still have 54 energy anyway though.

The exotic weapon rebalances seem to be missing too, as the altered perks haven't changed.

330238.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

^^That's the same amount of upgrade nodes as there was before the patch on exotic armour.

Has the patch dropped for anyone on xbox yet? No sign of it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ok guys how the feck do you beat the Templar ? I haven't beaten him legit since the first two times I beat him.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ok guys how the feck do you beat the Templar ? I haven't beaten him legit since the first two times I beat him.

I'd say the 5th chest is gone for a while now eh? :)

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    ^^That's the same amount of upgrade nodes as there was before the patch on exotic armour.

Has the patch dropped for anyone on xbox yet? No sign of it for me.

Then the update file has gone live, but hasn't been implemented in the gameworld yet.

Edit: Just KT login with another 76mb file to download.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement