Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Fieldog wrote: »
    Just about to post this, good on them....

That means everyone will get that badge if they're on 4pm Saturday then huh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Looks like the game beta will be open to everyone: http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11962

Is the beta not shutting up shop on Sunday anyway? Could be just a vicious lie i read somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

One thing that stands out now is what a grind the achievements/trophies will be

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Gandalph wrote: »
    Is the beta not shutting up shop on Sunday anyway? Could be just a vicious lie i read somewhere.

It's not a lie.
    The beta was always shutting down on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

That means everyone will get that badge if they're on 4pm Saturday then huh

True,

They should make it so you have to create a character on the day and grind to a level 7, kind of similar to the Halo 3 one, where you had to level up to 7 in a certain game mode on the 7/7/07 (Bungie day) I think it was...

Got a flaming blue skull for my troubles.... :)

• Advertisement

Is it just me or does Master Rahool the Cryptarch sound like Liam Neeson?

Is it just me or does Master Rahool the Cryptarch sound like Liam Neeson?

Here's the voice actors so far: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2983582/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

diy-Peter-Dinklage-Batman-650715.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Appears this is now in open ebta for anyone with PSN or Xbox live

Anyone know is there a way to queue downloads like this to PS4 via web browser?

EDIT: OK easily found it, very much just in the store when you search for Destiny Beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ok, look I know this is a complete moron question but....
    Tomorrow night is "Games Night" with me and 2 mates, I'm wondering could we all just download the Beta completely free (none of us have preordered it through any means) on PS3 and then go online and play 3 player co-op/competitive?
    Also do you have to do a number of missions/levels before you open up the PvP or other aspects, I've read here you have to.
    Is there any campaign/main story co-op that the 3 of us could sink our teeth into?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Tomorrow night is "Games Night" with me and 2 mates, I'm wondering could we all just download the Beta completely free (none of us have preordered it through any means) on PS3 and then go online and play 3 player co-op/competitive?
    Also do you have to do a number of missions/levels before you open up the PvP or other aspects, I've read here you have to.
    Is there any campaign/main story co-op that the 3 of us could sink our teeth into?

Yeh if you start downloading it now and all have it ready by tomorrow, some connections may take longer than others.

You have to do a 10 minute training like sort of mission at the start then I'm pretty sure you are available to start missions with your mates.

Can do PvP at level 5 as far as I'm aware (thats when I got the mission to visit the PvP Quatermaster), it should only take about an 1.5-2 hours to get to level 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Once you complete the first mission (about 15 minutes) Co-op is opened straight away. It takes 4 mission till the Crucible opens up (PVP) which will take an hour or two to accomplish depending on skill. I'd recommend doing the strike mission (Last playable Co-op mission). It takes a while to get through and has you boss battling enemies which is really enjoyable.

Ok cool thanks all

One of the guys PS3s is fiddled with so cannot update/go online, was thinking maybe we could use the PS4 and PS3s but Just seen this now:
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/18/bungie-explains-why-destiny-doesnt-have-ps4-to-ps3-xbox-one-to-360-cross-platform-multiplayer/

Maybe 2 consoles with the 3 of us taking turns would work out :D

What time do we need to log in at tomorrow to get that bonus thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

What time do we need to log in at tomorrow to get that bonus thingy?

9gmt it says on bungie website

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    9gmt it says on bungie website

Which is 10pm our time as far as I know as it's now BST.

Which is 10pm our time as far as I know as it's now BST.

Damn, Is it a good reward? I won't be about :(

Think it's just a badge on your profile in the full game as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Only an emblem to say you played the beta but sure everyone will have it since it's open so kinda pointless

When does the Bate end GMT?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

When does the Bate end GMT?

7am Pacific/ 3pm BST

Added a note to the clan page about how to find the psn/xbl id's of other members of the group.

Iron Banner is back up today and tomorrow in 2 hour waves.

6pm-8pm
    10pm-12am
    2am-4am

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

7am Pacific/ 3pm BST

Added a note to the clan page about how to find the psn/xbl id's of other members of the group.

Iron Banner is back up today and tomorrow in 2 hour waves.

6pm-8pm
    10pm-12am
    2am-4am

Requested to join the clan there a few mins ago

Tag in signature

Where is the Clan Page?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Where is the Clan Page?

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/118535

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Axwell wrote: »
    Requested to join the clan there a few mins ago

Tag in signature

Ill send you a message if im on later we can do a bit of teaming up instead of smashing our heads in on UFC!

If anyone is up at stupid o'clock tonight (12-3am roughly) I'm going to try strike level 8 if anyone wants to do a few runs with me, I'm on the boards clan there for ps4 as Tequilashot360

So what do you have to do for this Iron Banner, just win a game of it is it? :S

Destiny logo explained:

lyZ08Ls.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

stress-participation-emblem.png?cv=3983588666&av=1890151607

Looks like the moon mission will be open tomorrow for two hours, nice!

Also that's the permanent reward that will carry over into the full release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm seriously pissed at the lack of loot drops in this , like I said in the other thread a spider got dropped in explore mode and everyone including me were circling like vultures when the health bar was close to the kill shot ready to run in for the loot. What do big enemies drop in this ? Nothing :mad:

Even on the strike where most spent over an hour on the 1st run on it you get squat drop from the spider and the orb dude, maybe it's the borderlands player in me and I know look pools from gold enemies is not shared the same as in borderlands but still big bad dude who takes loads of bullets to kill and then drops absolutely nothing :confused: :mad: hope they change that in the full game. I need my loot I do :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I am loving this! Both the co-op and PvP are great fun. Was considering buying an Xbox One to play it but the 360 version seems grand.

Had a community event there and took down a big spider tank with a bunch of others, like calex was very dissappointed nothing dropped from it though.

Where you get the legendary loot calex? All I've gotten so far is green uncommon gear.

Is the strike the level 6 mission in the centre of the map?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement