Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They patched the templar? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I actually thought fighting the Templar in the correct manner was quicker than the cheese method. But I've only done it once and that was with a very experienced fireteam.

I like some of the changes in this patch. Being able to buy materials for Marks is great. 10 Marks for 20 materials is a little steep but they were never going to just give them away.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ok guys how the feck do you beat the Templar ? I haven't beaten him legit since the first two times I beat him.

I presume you can still do the other cheese method, similar to the oracles one. Relic holder stays down while everyone snipes templar and oracles from above, won't stop him from teleporting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

No more cheesing the Templar.

I've never done it any other way!

What do I Do!
    Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Bad Juju buffed to 274 attack with 24 bullets still looks weak tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

weiland79 wrote: »
    I've never done it any other way!

What do I Do!
    Ha ha

I think you hit him with the shield which lowers his shield then shoot him as normal.

Or something.

Only did it the proper way once.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,036 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I presume you can still do the other cheese method, similar to the oracles one. Relic holder stays down while everyone snipes templar and oracles from above, won't stop him from teleporting though.

Yea I'd say so. There's also a way where you get 4/5 players to stand on his teleports and block them so can still pick up the 5th chest.

I might start using it now that the clip size has increased. Also don't forget there's a flaming skull on the front of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

All exotics start at 274 damage now instead of 260.

Costs 10marks for 20 upgrade mats btw. No more farming what so ever:D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

76mb in game update downloading on xbox now for me but still not got the actual patch.

• Advertisement

Reddit saying the Mythoclast has gone to 323 attack. Noice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Great, no more need for ascendant shards... so what the hell do I do with my 218 shards?

I wish I could use shards to buy something else

Bohrio wrote: »
    Great, no more need for ascendant shards... so what the hell do I do with my 218 shards?

I wish I could use shards to buy something else

You'll still need them to upgrade legendaries, like the new raid armour in the DLC for example.

I see you get 16 spirit bloom for doing the daily story on 28 now, handy enough. It's also only 10 marks for 20 materials in the towr, nice!

Anyone risked breaking down an exotic to see if they get an exotic sheard yet? :pac:

You'll still need them to upgrade legendaries, like the new raid armour in the DLC for example.

I see you get 16 spirit bloom for doing the daily story on 28 now, handy enough.

Anyone risked breaking down an exotic to see if they get an exotic she=ard yet? :pac:

Good

Glad to see they have fixed other bugs like atheons teleports, added the ability to buy spinmetal, etc...

Like the idea of getting them also by completing the dailys and bounties, excellent!!!

I might dismantle universal remote later and see what I get, that gun is pretty much useless :S

Happy with bungie, they are doing things right, they have also fixed the party frame issue.

But God only knows what new problems have they introduced! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,578 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I see you get 16 spirit bloom for doing the daily story on 28 now, handy enough. It's also only 10 marks for 20 materials in the towr, nice!

Anyone risked breaking down an exotic to see if they get an exotic sheard yet? :pac:

Just broke down a spare Suros, can confirm Exotic shard.

Yeah I got a shard from dismantling Universal Remote there.

Happy days

my vex is now 323 damage and I now have a use for those 111 crucible marks that I though I would never put to any use!!

Very easy to upgrade legendaries now as well, I have 118 strange coins and no idea of what to do with them so there you go!

:)

A couple of things I have noticed since the update. Bounties are easier, in a way that you dont need to kill as many enemies as before to complete one, or find as many shock caps etc

This is a good thing as some times it could be quite tedious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Seems like you don't need to go to the post master to collect your reward for public event anymore.

PVP is Mythoclast central again. Tough gun to beat.

• Advertisement

PVP is Mythoclast central again. Tough gun to beat.

Is king in PvE as well... feels like the enemies are made out of butter

Anyone for HM Raid now on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Super Good Advice is now quite useable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I for one welcome the Templar fix. Id much rather play the fight as intended, but when 5 others on your raid team argue against theres not much you can do.

I never complained when I was opening that extra chest mind you.

A group of us here tried to finish off the HM Raid before the reset. We were starting from the Gatekeeper and after an hour and a half that is where we still were. I had to leave at that point so I don't know how it ended. It was quite late at that stage though.

I think I'll go back to the normal Raid this week. I can be guaranteed to finish that one, and who knows maybe the chestplate will drop this week.

A group of us here tried to finish off the HM Raid before the reset. We were starting from the Gatekeeper and after an hour and a half that is where we still were. I had to leave at that point so I don't know how it ended. It was quite late at that stage though.

I think I'll go back to the normal Raid this week. I can be guaranteed to finish that one, and who knows maybe the chestplate will drop this week.

Hard raid is a weird thing, when you finish you always say, well, that wasnt that bad... but sometimes you get stuck and the best thing to do is to leave and try again another day.

Gatekeeper is a b... but it will all depend on how quickly it goes inside each portal.

Some people prefer going one at a time, some others both at the same time, I like both at the same time but it requires coordination and a gjallahorn is possible. And when you do them both at the same time killing the gatekeeper quickly really helps (or so I found), funny enough it feels everything is going so slow before you pick up the relic but once both relics are out everything is over within a matter of seconds... sometimes before you even notice!

So I presume the Nightfall strike this week is The Nexus. Its not too bad if all three stay up in the tunnel and don't jump down into the room with the Nexus. One person on lookout for the Prateorian and the other two sniping. At least it worked a treat last time.

Fingers crossed for Solar burn this week. I'm starting to think Bungie has forgotten it exists.

So I presume the Nightfall strike this week is The Nexus. Its not too bad if all three stay up in the tunnel and don't jump down into the room with the Nexus. One person on lookout for the Prateorian and the other two sniping. At least it worked a treat last time.

Fingers crossed for Solar burn this week. I'm starting to think Bungie has forgotten it exists.

I would be surprised if it is solar, but I would welcome it, very few of the bad guys have solar weapons so it will make it a walk in the park.

I am leaning towards arc burn again (or all of them) as it was void the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,620 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hard raid is a weird thing, when you finish you always say, well, that wasnt that bad... but sometimes you get stuck and the best thing to do is to leave and try again another day.

Gatekeeper is a b... but it will all depend on how quickly it goes inside each portal.

Some people prefer going one at a time, some others both at the same time, I like both at the same time but it requires coordination and a gjallahorn is possible. And when you do them both at the same time killing the gatekeeper quickly really helps (or so I found), funny enough it feels everything is going so slow before you pick up the relic but once both relics are out everything is over within a matter of seconds... sometimes before you even notice!

Did it this morning with people off Destiny LFG - fooking hell - they were in and out of the gates in about 20 seconds flat, unbelievable Jeff! Only wiped once on the gate keeper and got through Atheon first go. Was a group of 3 30s and 3 29s. Couldn't believe how quick we ran it.

They had a nice strategy for the templar as well, got him done on the second go - we weren't quick enough to get him before enrage the first time around and the minataurs nailed us at that point.

Completed Hard Mode twice this week off Destiny LFG - got a ship, a tumbler and some fecking shards from the two goes. FUK YOU BUNGIE!

• Advertisement

Nexus with Solar damage guys. We've waited and now we've got it :)

VoC, Icebreaker and Hezen Vegence here I come :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement