Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Bah...I just got a blue rocket launcher but it's only for level 10s, got all excited there when I see the blue colour pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Really enjoying this. Great surprise because I wasn't expecting to like it at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

calex71 wrote: »
    Even on the strike where most spent over an hour on the 1st run on it you get squat drop from the spider and the orb dude, maybe it's the borderlands player

You dont have to beat orb dude to get a gold crate. When you walk into the room where he is turn left head down fair steps and go to wall, gold loot crate sitting waiting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Iron Banner challenges today.

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Iron-Banner-Returns/en/News/News?aid=11959
    All times are PDT.

Saturday, July 26th
    10:00 AM – 12:00 PM*
    2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
    7:00 PM – 9:00 PM

*Earlier bouts added because we love our European players, too.

“Is this the special surprise that you had planned for Saturday?” you ask.

Our times.

Saturday, July 26th

6:00 PM – 8:00 PM*
    10:00 PM – 12:00 AM
    3:00 AM – 5:00 AM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I am loving this! Both the co-op and PvP are great fun. Was considering buying an Xbox One to play it but the 360 version seems grand.

Had a community event there and took down a big spider tank with a bunch of others, like calex was very dissappointed nothing dropped from it though.

Where you get the legendary loot calex? All I've gotten so far is green uncommon gear.

Is the strike the level 6 mission in the centre of the map?

Got most of the rare stuff from trading in the blueprints? (not sure what they are called) to the guy at the tower, one set of blue gloves came from a chest. One thing I don't like is sometime stuff doesn't stand out on the ground when it drops, loads of times now i've just been running over stuff without realising and see that I've picked up something on the right side of the screen. I've no idea where I picked up the lvl 18 purple item :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Iron Banner challenges today.

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Iron-Banner-Returns/en/News/News?aid=11959

Don't know if my time conversion is correct. Some one please correct these times if I am incorrectly converting PDT to GMT.

Saturday, July 26th
    5:00PM – 7:00 PM*
    9:00 PM – 11:00 PM
    2:00 AM – 4:00 AM

Posted this yesterday, we are currently on British Summer Time and not GMT so an hour needs to be added onto the times.

6pm - 8pm
    10pm 12am
    3am - 5am

Don't forget you get a reward each day for doing a gold tier public event, I got .... another strange coin :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,804 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Right, I played the alpha and it was alright but I wasn't sure what was going on and didn't spend too much time on it. Installing the beta now as everyone seems to be raving about it. It ends tomorrow right? So is this like a mix of mass effect and borderlands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Don't forget you get a reward each day for doing a gold tier public event, I got .... another strange coin :confused:

It vibrates gently in your hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

going to miss this game, definitely a day one purchase

• Advertisement

Anyone know how long it takes to install? I'm on the 'transferring game content' screen for 10.97gb's. Moved 6 percent in 30 minutes. Beta will be over by time its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it takes to install? I'm on the 'transferring game content' screen for 10.97gb's. Moved 6 percent in 30 minutes. Beta will be over by time its done.

Just over an hour for me. Thought it downloaded and installed 10gb in a minute at first. I was like holy **** then went to play it had to wait ages!

I pre-ordered it then about half hour later it was free to everyone

Yeah downloaded in a few minutes, I just figured since I had alpha installed, a patch would do. Nearly an hour in and it's on 17%. So when ye started did ye just do story missions with whoevers online? Since this closes tomorrow I won't have much time to mess around. Must join that boards clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

mine took about 6hours, I average a gb downloaded every half hour - 45minutes
    twas worth ittt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Would like there to be a damage measure in the instance, don't think kills or assist do anyone justice for peppering the bosses in the right spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Where do you find these gold tier public events?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Right, I played the alpha and it was alright but I wasn't sure what was going on and didn't spend too much time on it. Installing the beta now as everyone seems to be raving about it. It ends tomorrow right? So is this like a mix of mass effect and borderlands?

It could stretch into Monday knowing Bungie, I think they said in last nights update they would keep it going as long as they need the data....

Gandalph wrote: »
    Would like there to be a damage measure in the instance, don't think kills or assist do anyone justice for peppering the bosses in the right spots.

Yeah this bothered me too. I comfortably did the most damage over a ten minute battle with one of those big spider machines. Then someone else killed it and I get... nothing?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah this bothered me too. I comfortably did the most damage over a ten minute battle with one of those big spider machines. Then someone else killed it and I get... nothing?

Do you only get rewarded if the kill shot is yours? kind of defeats the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Do you only get rewarded if the kill shot is yours? kind of defeats the purpose.

I don't think so as I've seen loot pop out of enemies that other people have got the kill shot on

• Advertisement

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Where do you find these gold tier public events?

Public events happen randomly, you get a gold medal for completing the objective of the event and a silver or bronze on failure depending on how much of the objective was completed.

I'm not sure, but when I've had the kill shot I've always been very visibly rewarded, I didn't noticeably get anything out of that but I don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

I still haven't figured out how the upgrade work / unlock or whats contributing to them :confused:

I'm at the lvl 8 cap but I've just unlocked 3 weapon upgrades and a few more skill upgrades, from turning in bounties and 40 spinemetals , but others have unlocked randomly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gandalph wrote: »
    Would like there to be a damage measure in the instance

Good idea, its a bit off putting just spaming the same spot to kill a boss. Doesn't exactly encourage free flowing gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Pretty sure that upgrading weapons and skills are gained by using them. Like your double jump gains experience every time you use it and things like that. It might get regular experience too not sure.

6 hours later and its downloaded. Slow down there Eircom you might hurt someone!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When's the moon mission open?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

9pm to 11pm I think

10pm - 12am, when they are giving out the beta emblems. Iron Banner and thus the back of the tower are also open during that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭langer91

Quick (noob) question, is it still possible to get a beta code for this?! And if so how do I get one!? Cheers!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement