Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Got great "luck" in the VoG tonight. Ended up with a second Suros Regime in two days and a third Last Word. Exotics from the VoG are still the old ones BTW. So in the end I came out with two exotic shards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Got great "luck" in the VoG tonight. Ended up with a second Suros Regime in two days and a third Last Word. Exotics from the VoG are still the old ones BTW. So in the end I came out with two exotic shards.

Did ye get it completed after?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Did ye get it completed after?

Yeah, and as I said Atheon dropped a third Last Word for me :pac: instead of an exotic I don't have. Also dropped another Vision of Confluence when I wanted Fatebringer or Praedyths Timepiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Yeah, and as I said Atheon dropped a third Last Word for me :pac: instead of an exotic I don't have. Also dropped another Vision of Confluence when I wanted Fatebringer or Praedyths Timepiece.

Feck, i should of stayed on.

Ill get the headpiece some other time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Did the NFall yesterday. Legendary scout rifle with no element damage reward. Haven't gotten anything decent from NFalls in 3 weeks. Pretty easy with 3 but it's some trek to unlock and I now have to do the same thing with my other 2 characters.
    My brother messaged me for help on the Rasputin level yesterday. Spawned in and there was green goo traps everywhere, laid down by the wizards. He started it on level 30 despite only having a level 27 Warlock. Was a lot harder than when I'd done it solo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,617 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

semi-cheese spot for the nightfall/weekly on the new strike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmGU8x8wgrU&list=UUDhw0gjVNLLoUrGQHNEsKAA

Didn't do it this way myself with sethius and rossi - we just stayed outside the room and cleared the mobs from outside (hoping up a level when they spawned at first) and took pot shots at the omnigul when we could. Took an age, but it was easily done once you made sure one person wasn't in danger (so they could revive the other two if needed).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,617 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I've only just found out the reduction in your ammo after you die is a BUG! I thought it was a planned game mechanic.

Seemingly if you have a buff that increases the amount of ammo you carry, you get a reduction in ammo on respawn. Everyone will have noticed the ammo reduction, but I had no idea it was a bug.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2ousck/3_months_after_launch_dlc_out_all_new/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Atheon wont drop fatebringer nor timepiece. Atheon only drops VOC, Vex (hard mode) and Atheon epilogue.

You are rewarded Fatebringer from killing the templar on hard and Time piece from killing the gatekeeper (again on hard)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I got the raid chest, helmet and boots (which I already have), but also got a Gallahorn :), even if its not the upgraded version. Hopefully Xur will have the upgrade Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've a mate looking to run VOG at level 27 as well. Never done it before. Be interested in jumping in with you guys but Friday is the only night we could do it. 12 pubs on Sat :pac:

Dunno now if i'll have my hunter to 26 before tomorrow but we'll see.
    Whats you PSN ID?
    Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Feck, i should of stayed on.

Ill get the headpiece some other time

I still have the checkpoint at the Templar and I'll be continuing it at the weekend at some point if you wanna join back in from there
    I've only just found out the reduction in your ammo after you die is a BUG! I thought it was a planned game mechanic.

Seemingly if you have a buff that increases the amount of ammo you carry, you get a reduction in ammo on respawn. Everyone will have noticed the ammo reduction, but I had no idea it was a bug.

Huh, I was wondering why I never lost ammo for Corrective Measure but I DO have the perk to carry more heavy ammo on my boots, strange one
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Did the NFall yesterday. Legendary scout rifle with no element damage reward. Haven't gotten anything decent from NFalls in 3 weeks. Pretty easy with 3 but it's some trek to unlock and I now have to do the same thing with my other 2 characters.
    wes wrote: »
    I got the raid chest, helmet and boots (which I already have), but also got a Gallahorn :), even if its not the upgraded version. Hopefully Xur will have the upgrade Friday.

Dear People of Earth,
    In 14 Weeks of Nightfalls and VoG on Normal and Hard.
    I have had 2 EXOTICS drop ever (Mida Multi Tool and The Last Word).
    Either bought all the others on from Xur normally, exotic engrams or exotic bounties.
    So out of 16 Exotic pieces total I've gotten 2 from drops (or 12.5%)
    Consider this when you're upset at sharding your 3th and 4th versions of said exotics.
    Oh... did I mention that 2 of the Exotics I DON'T have are Suros Regime and Gjallahorn, 2 of the ones I would use pretty much ALL of the time (Suros in PvP and GHorn Versus Bosses)
    Thanks
    Cormac

*so much barely suppressed rage at the RNG, won't even mention the time I got 5 coins for the NF*

Eris bounties are lame and wearing her class item does not give you XP towards here when you do regular activities.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My brother messaged me for help on the Rasputin level yesterday. Spawned in and there was green goo traps everywhere, laid down by the wizards. He started it on level 30 despite only having a level 27 Warlock. Was a lot harder than when I'd done it solo.

There's no need to unlock the strike with your other characters if you don't want to, just join someone who has it unlocked already.

@ Cormac. Man I'd hate not to have the Suros. I have two if I could give you one I would.
    Makes me feel thankful for what I have.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's no need to unlock the strike with your other characters if you don't want to, just join someone who has it unlocked already.

Actually hadn't thought of that. I'd only need to do it this week I guess. Although my brother just told me he got a second murmur for doing it with a second character so I think I'll plough through it over the weekend.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Actually hadn't thought of that. I'd only need to do it this week I guess. Although my brother just told me he got a second murmur for doing it with a second character so I think I'll plough through it over the weekend.

Yeah you get murmur every time, I broke down my second one to see what I'd get but you only get weapon parts and glimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

:D

I'm at level 20 so you'd think I'd have a decent idea of how this game works.

Looking at the last two pages of this thread and it's like reading a technical manual!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Level 30!!!

After 6 day 7 hours and 20 mins.

I don't care if 30 is the new 28. Feels good.

quad_red wrote: »
    :D

I'm at level 20 so you'd think I'd have a decent idea of how this game works.

Looking at the last two pages of this thread and it's like reading a technical manual!!

I've honestly jumped into games for a couple hours with friends and clanmates who were between level 20 and 26 and still had to explain a LOT of the mechanics of the weapons, stats, armour and levelling up.

The End Game does NOT have any decent explanations.
    There should be some sort of manual or pop ups for your 1st run through.
    Took me 8+ weeks to figure out how the radar actually works :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

In case some of you guys never knew the difference between Solar, Void and Arc damage have a read below

Each element is tied to a certain enemy faction. and their shields is that element. using the element on them deals bonus damage and helps take down the shields much faster.

Fallen - Arc damage, signified by blue shields
    Hive - Solar damage, signified by orange shields
    Vex - Void damage, signified by purple shields (exception: some Harpies have arc shields)
    Cabal - Solar damage, signified by orange shields
    Most of the time you won't need the element to deal damage, but in a few rare cases I've noticed one area so far with Vex Harpies with Arc shields that take damage from Arc attacks, but resist all others (still do damage, just a lot less).

Your primary weapon will usually be Kinetic damage. Your special and heavy weapons can and should have an element. Preferably one of each element so you are prepared for any encounter.

Level 30!!!

Yeah, I am just a grunt in this game especially when playing the raid with the "Destiny Geeks" off here....:pac::pac:

I show up and drop bodies while the rest shout the orders....works well for me. Learning as I go, its great to play with the hard core off here as you learn alot.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    In case some of you guys never knew the difference between Solar, Void and Arc damage have a read below

Each element is tied to a certain enemy faction. and their shields is that element. using the element on them deals bonus damage and helps take down the shields much faster.

Fallen - Arc damage, signified by blue shields
    Hive - Solar damage, signified by orange shields
    Vex - Void damage, signified by purple shields (exception: some Harpies have arc shields)
    Cabal - Solar damage, signified by orange shields
    Most of the time you won't need the element to deal damage, but in a few rare cases I've noticed one area so far with Vex Harpies with Arc shields that take damage from Arc attacks, but resist all others (still do damage, just a lot less).

Your primary weapon will usually be Kinetic damage. Your special and heavy weapons can and should have an element. Preferably one of each element so you are prepared for any encounter.

When the epic modifier is on you get vex harpies with arc shields, fallen shanks with solar shields, hive knights with arc shields and the skinny cabal sniper guys with void shields. This is pretty much confined to Nightfalls as that's the only place I've seen that modifier so far. There is a spot on mars patrol where there's a few harpies with arc shields too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Level 30!!!

Fair play!

I'm still trying to get to 28.

My legenday gear and exotic helmet still need to be fully upgraded.
    I think my chest piece is the only one fully done.

I'm slowly but surely getting the ascendancy shards necessary to upgrade.

Only for you guys helping me with Weeklys etc.. I'd still be level 20! :D .. no but seriously. :o

Fair play!

I'm still trying to get to 28.

Only for you guys helping me with Weeklys etc.. I'd still be level 20! :D .. no but seriously. :o

If you see me doing a daily/ weekly strike just hop in. No need to wait for invite.

If you see me doing a daily/ weekly strike just hop in. No need to wait for invite.

I will thanks. Once I dont invite myself to a raid I'll be ok.

I do like the invites though so dont stop inviting! It can push me to play a bit more instead of doing a bit of house work or that. :P

What I tend to do actually is look at what ye are playing and if I figure out its a weekly/daily I'll try and join the fireteam. I've done a few times recently. Love the fact theres nearly always a few of ye online.

Got an invite last night from CDB-Whoop and RossBah last night (not sure are they boardsies) and played through two strikes.

Love the Undying mind strike. Got a legendary drop from it as well a legendary primary scout called "Another NitC" which was cool cause I was gonna buy a legendary scout at some point.

yeah me too added you as friend, I am always doing these on my own m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

You are more than welcome to jump in anytime I'm on, the more the merrier.

Plan on running the normal raid later (level 26) with a few boardsies and a lad I know who hasn't run it before so jump in if you're about, its a bit of fun and a great way to earn ascendent materials and with a bit of luck some legendary or exotic weapons.

If you have secondary or heavy weapons with void (purple) damage - equip those and if you have a headset join the chat party. The Vault of Glass is not to be missed and at level 27 you're well set up for it.

cdb wrote: »
    You are more than welcome to jump in anytime I'm on, the more the merrier.

Plan on running the normal raid later (level 26) with a few boardsies and a lad I know who hasn't run it before so jump in if you're about, its a bit of fun and a great way to earn ascendent materials and with a bit of luck some legendary or exotic weapons.

If you have secondary or heavy weapons with void (purple) damage - equip those and if you have a headset join the chat party. The Vault of Glass is not to be missed and at level 27 you're well set up for it.

Genuinely I appreciate the invite to the raid but as I've said on here before I have time constraints when playing due to young family and a cant mic up most of the time in particular for longer than a half hour generally.

If I saw ye on it and I knew I was available and wouldnt have to bow out early I'd absolutely do it but its not something I can really control unfortunately.

I'm sure I'll do a raid at some point but not going to happen with any regularity. :(

Thankfully the rest of the game is very accessible to me and I enjoy it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Genuinely I appreciate the invite to the raid but as I've said on here before I have time constraints when playing due to young family and a cant mic up most of the time in particular for longer than a half hour generally.

If I saw ye on it and I knew I was available and wouldnt have to bow out early I'd absolutely do it but its not something I can really control unfortunately.

I'm sure I'll do a raid at some point but not going to happen with any regularity. :(

Thankfully the rest of the game is very accessible to me and I enjoy it! :)

As no worries, completely understandable. Its one of the best things about the game - you can pick it up and even if you only play for a short while you still get that feeling of satisfaction. Its very rewarding that way, my red eyes say maybe too much so!

I personally wouldn't level up you purple or exotic armour anymore.
    The stuff you have looks like it will only get you to level 29 Max when fully upgraded.
    You can buy brand new purple gear from vendors that will actually start you at 28.5 and the same goes for any DLC drops/engrams.

It's not an exact science but it's pretty much 12 light per level (after 20).
    You can see how much the Maximum light your armour can net when fully upgraded by hovering over it. I think the maximum on most of your purples will be 27 light (helm 30). All new purple start at 27 light and have a max of 33.

You'll only be kicking yourself if you throw bad shards after good shards as they are the most time consuming thing to gather right now.

I might be wrong, but it looks like you have levelled New Monarchy and bought some/all gear from them Pre-DLC.
    If you go back to see them now, they will have gear better than what you have ready to buy :)

Also Pro-Tip, they will always have 2 of each armour type (with the same light level), the normal thing is to look at the buffs and see which ones are best, but don not forget to look at the Discipline, Intellect and Strength values.

It looks like you went all-in (100%) with Strength and bare in mid that only reduces you melee-power cooldown, whereas you have very low intellect and discipline and those are for grenade and super power cooldown,

Getting a high level in those can reduce your cool down by 100% letting you do fists of havoc twice as much.

Cormac... wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't level up you purple or exotic armour anymore.
    The stuff you have looks like it will only get you to level 29 Max when fully upgraded.
    You can buy brand new purple gear from vendors that will actually start you at 28.5 and the same goes for any DLC drops/engrams.

It's not an exact science but it's pretty much 12 light per level (after 20).
    You can see how much the Maximum light your armour can net when fully upgraded by hovering over it. I think the maximum on most of your purples will be 27 light (helm 30). All new purple start at 27 light and have a max of 33.

You'll only be kicking yourself if you throw bad shards after good shards as they are the most time consuming thing to gather right now.

I might be wrong, but it looks like you have levelled New Monarchy and bought some/all gear from them Pre-DLC.
    If you go back to see them now, they will have gear better than what you have ready to buy :)

Also Pro-Tip, they will always have 2 of each armour type (with the same light level), the normal thing is to look at the buffs and see which ones are best, but don not forget to look at the Discipline, Intellect and Strength values.

It looks like you went all-in (100%) with Strength and bare in mid that only reduces you melee-power cooldown, whereas you have very low intellect and discipline and those are for grenade and super power cooldown,

Getting a high level in those can reduce your cool down by 100% letting you do fists of havoc twice as much.

Some good advice here. I have armour from the last iron banner that I'm not upgrading. I've bought new armour from the Vanguard that has a higher maximum light level. Going to spend my time and shards on this armour instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Cormac... wrote: »

Not being funny but why don't they just have melee cooldown, grenade cooldown and super power cooldown attributes rather than strength, intellect and discipline?

It's needlessly convoluted and it's confusing. Like I was wondering if intellect affected how people deal with you in the Tower etc.

But no. Having high intellect armour (the kind that actually reads Joyce and listens to Lyric FM) helps you throw more grenades.

OBVIOUSLY!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement