Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cormac... wrote: »
    Just send me a party invite if i'm already in PvP as you cannot join a Fire Team while they are in PvP or Matchmaking.... so thats like all of the time. If I see a Party invite, I'll know to go back orbit if i just started a game or as soon as the current game is over.

Not being able to join a Fireteam when it's matchamaking and has 3/12 guardians is a joke

Just remembered I have a Xmas party after work so probably won't be on. We'll see later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just remembered I have a Xmas party after work so probably won't be on. We'll see later.

I'd bring a decent Hand Cannon with you. Good luck out there Guardian

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anybody know the best place for some easy witches for the titan bounty

Also have they removed the ability to sell spinmetal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

ok

so today I spent most of the day playing the new raid. Got as far as crota with two of my classes need to do it with my third one.

Got nothing buy shards for my titan and shards and energies and boots for my warlock.

Not bad as the new energies/shards are going to be hard to get anyway so I am welcoming them at the moment

I am lv31 on my titan and will be 31 on friday on my other two as well.

The bridge part that look so difficult at first is actually quite easy... I am finding this raid easier (at least the first 3 parts) than the old raid.

I will attempt it with my hunter later today if bag and emmet, etc are still around

BTW again, gjallahorns are a must at the bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    ok

so today I spent most of the day playing the new raid. Got as far as crota with two of my classes need to do it with my third one.

Got nothing buy shards for my titan and shards and energies and boots for my warlock.

Not bad as the new energies/shards are going to be hard to get anyway so I am welcoming them at the moment

I am lv31 on my titan and will be 31 on friday on my other two as well.

The bridge part that look so difficult at first is actually quite easy... I am finding this raid easier (at least the first 3 parts) than the old raid.

I will attempt it with my hunter later today if bag and emmet, etc are still around

BTW again, gjallahorns are a must at the bridge

I should be on at some stage. Might start from the beginning again as I think there are double loot drops reset daily for completing each section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Anybody know the best place for some easy witches for the titan bounty

Also have they removed the ability to sell spinmetal

Lunar Complex. A lvl 4 wizard spawns there. Just keep running out and back in. The heavy weapon bounty is a bit of a pain though.

Lunar Complex. A lvl 4 wizard spawns there. Just keep running out and back in. The heavy weapon bounty is a bit of a pain though.

I got the heavy weapon done handy, machine gun and that mission on the moon where they come out the door.

Got the bounty done start to finish on 1 magazine aswell

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I should be on at some stage. Might start from the beginning again as I think there are double loot drops reset daily for completing each section.

thats fine, i need to start from the beginning as well but there are no double loops as far as I know. At least not when I tried

ttyl

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

quad_red wrote: »
    Cheers for the info, Cormac :)

Have bashed away to level 20 by myself. It's been pretty straight forward really. Went up a level every night I played, have only really come across one really hard to kill enemy (under a hangar in the forgotten shore - took a lot of ammo to take down).

But it looks like to proceed further at any pace I'll have to start doing raids (which I haven't before) and doing the Crucible (which I avoided after being utterly creamed trying it at level 11).

Sorry to sound retarded but how do I see chats? I'm on X1 and I don't remember seeing chat options. Looked at the destiny iOS app there and I can go into the Boards clan on this and see the various members.In 'Latest' there are threads (most a few weeks old) with people looking for partners.
    :confused:

What's your gamertag? Mines THE BAG M99

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    thats fine, i need to start from the beginning as well but there are no double loops as far as I know. At least not when I tried

ttyl

Are you sure ? Guys who were streaming the raid day one and then re started it with the same character got second loot drops for each of the checkpoints

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you sure ? Guys who were streaming the raid day one and then re started it with the same character got second loot drops for each of the checkpoints

There is no certainty in life man!

I am not sure but all I can say is that I didnt get it, but I could be wrong! glad to be proven wrong ;) what time will you be online?

We can start fromt he beginning again, its easy enough and I need to do it with my hunter anyway :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm happy enough to help out from the beginning again too even thopugh I got to Crota earlier with Bohrio.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

any chance of the clan running the raid this weekend, work has precluded my involvement this week

any chance of the clan running the raid this weekend, work has precluded my involvement this week

Id like to do it(ps4)

Yup. I have a checkpoint on the 2nd area with some of the other guys. Dunno if they continued it since.
    I decided to hold off until I can see what Xur has before delving back in (also ideally hitting level 31 too).

Don't mind starting it afresh if some new people wanna join in on the fun

Will see, myself and Cormac are trying to get to level 31 by Saturday but that depends on what Xur has for upgrading tomorrow. The Real Ger Butler will probably be level 31 tonight as he has a full set of the new tower armour.

I have the gear/marks/commendations too. It's just a matter of seeing what Exotic I can re-roll with Xur...

Of course if he doesn't bring one of my 4 exotics in his 2 slots... I may buy a new one IF it is one I like the look of and do not already have

Worst case scenario I can buy the last piece of Generic vendor gear to get me there *goes back to grinding bounties for the night*

Also got The Super Good Advice Bounty ready to rock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Also got The Super Good Advice Bounty ready to rock

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that gun sucks. I was delighted when I got it as it was my very first Exotic weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Dunno now if i'll have my hunter to 26 before tomorrow but we'll see.
    Whats you PSN ID?

WesleySkypes. Gonna try to run him through tomorrow evening anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'd be up for the raid too, time depending, haven't tried it at all.

• Advertisement

How do you unlock the Nightfall? I've done the three story missions in the DLC.

How do you unlock the Nightfall? I've done the three story missions in the DLC.
    Eris should have a quest to kill 25 knights or wizards. Complete that and you are given three more quests to kill three enemies in the Lunar Complex, Terrestrial Complex and the Refinery in the Cosmodrome. Once they are completed the dlc strike will unlock.

Eris should have a quest to kill 25 knights or wizards. Complete that and you are given three more quests to kill three enemies in the Lunar Complex, Terrestrial Complex and the Refinery in the Cosmodrome. Once they are completed the dlc strike will unlock.

I had actually ignored those. I thought they were the equivalent of bounties.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Level 30 and a half now. Completed weekly earlier on 30 and it was handy enough. Murmur is so good for the arc damage and taking down Wizard shields.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Level 30 and a half now. Completed weekly earlier on 30 and it was handy enough. Murmur is so good for the arc damage and taking down Wizard shields.

I like it as well. Its just a shame you cant switch out the elemental damage on the fly, instead of having to open up the menu instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I like it as well. Its just a shame you cant switch out the elemental damage on the fly, instead of having to open up the menu instead.

Why they didn't do this via the d-pad + a trigger button is beyond me. Surely it could easily have been incorporated without messing with the all important (& I don't mean this sarcastically) dancing, pointing and waving.

Also I haven't been this excited about a stranger bringing presents in December since I was 5. All hail the mighty Xur.

I want Helm of St 14 to re-roll please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that gun sucks. I was delighted when I got it as it was my very first Exotic weapon.

I don't think it's too bad since they patched it but boy was it bad. Press trigger, fire 3-4 bullets, Hello ceiling/sky!

Managed to get through the hard Raid last night for the first time. We only started from the Templar but I had done the other parts in a previous sitting so I feel satisfied that I've done the whole thing.

A little disappointed that I didn't get a weapon drop but I did managed to get the Helment and Chestplate that I'd been missing. Shame that armour is redundant now. The Shards and Engery will be useful though. Got 6 Engery from one drop.

It took a few goes to kill off Atheon. We had him down to a silver of health on a few occassions and there were a few buggy runs too. The final run was perfection though. Two trips throught time and he was down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Has anyone looked into the upgrade trees for the new dlc/raid weapons and armor. They require ~21 radiant shards/energy a piece for the final 3 upgrades.
    Problem being that (currently) you can only get these from the new raid and from reading up a full run might net you 2-4 of each if you're lucky.

Upgrading one piece of raid armor could take 1-2 months!

Can be purchased from Eris but i think exchanged would be a better term as you need radiant energy to buy radiant shards and vice versa.

Unless xur is selling these today, ranking up to 32 could take a really long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah all I need is those shards to hit 31, probably gonna need Vanguard gear in the mean time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement