Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Apparently Xur has voidfang vestments again. Reddit is in meltdown :)

He's also selling upgrade for icebreaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to try out everything tonight.

See what new gear I can get to pass 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Hi

XuR today

Main Gear & Weapons

Voidfang Vestments

Ruin Wings

Truth

Acylphage Symbiotic

He is located next to the Crucible Vendor.

Upgrades

Mask of the third man

young ahamkaras spine

armamnetarium

no backup plans

light beyond nemesis

sunbreakers

Suros

Red deathm

TLW

Thorn

IB

Thunderlord

So not too bad, I will uipgrade thunderlord, IB, Sures (wont bother with Red death me thinks as is pretty bad anyway), maybe buy the new Truth as well. Also buy Acylphage Symbiotic for my hunter

Upgrade young ahamkaras spine and sunbreakers, that should be enough to take both my warlock and my hunter to level 31 today.

I am not sure how much does it cost to upgrade material/weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

He has the icebreaker , im sorted.

Pitty he has none of my exotic titan armour

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Its 1 shard and between 7000 and 8000 glimmer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Are the upgrades new?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Thanks I just found it.

I have plenty of exotic shards.

I also have like 60 motes, so I think I am going to chance it first with some armor engrams. Before buying anything. Probably get two and see what I get, then get the armor I am missing.

I really want to upgrade truth and the IB!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Any idea on the cost of:

Upgrading Ice Breaker
    Upgrading Suros
    Buying Hunter Helm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have a fully maxed out Ice Breaker. Should I trade it in and get the new upgraded model from Xur? I'm not sure if the extra attack points are worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Want to

Upgrade
    Titan Chestplate or Arms
    Warlock Helm (dammit don't have it will need to go with sunbreakers)
    IB
    Suros (& get it levelled up for IB next week)

Buy
    Truth
    Ruin Wings

In that order

Want other stuff but this is the focus for this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Also got The Super Good Advice Bounty ready to rock
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that gun sucks. I was delighted when I got it as it was my very first Exotic weapon.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I don't think it's too bad since they patched it but boy was it bad. Press trigger, fire 3-4 bullets, Hello ceiling/sky!

I have to say, personally, I like it. Yes, it needs a bit of management (no where near as much as before the improvement update), but it is now a viable option in my view. Plus, with the Super Good Advice perk, I would say 8 out of every 10 shots missed is returned to the magazine. That's not bad.

How much does it cost to get something upgraded?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Im confused. So is Xur selling ice-breakers or just upgrading them? I dont have an ice breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

How much does it cost to get something upgraded?

Will cost about 7500 Glimmer and 1 Shard (Costs 7 Strange Coins)
    Im confused. So is Xur selling ice-breakers or just upgrading them? I dont have an ice breaker.

No, he is only selling the upgrade. You will need to have the pre DLC version for this. The only weapon he is actually selling is The Truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Is The Truth worth getting?

Will cost about 7500 Glimmer and 1 Shard (Costs 7 Strange Coins)

No, he is only selling the upgrade. You will need to have the pre DLC version for this. The only weapon he is actually selling is The Truth.

I can get everything I need if that's the case. Will need a bit more glimmer but will easily get this in a few hours.

kevind1 wrote: »

I refused to get it several weeks ago on the basis I rarely use Rocket Launchers. I regretted the decision every single day since.

Balls. I already have truth, can I upgrade my truth?

Whats this fancy urn going to cost me as well? (if you dont mind) :)

So I have a weekend of grinding glimmer ahead of me. Anyone know a good spot farm glimmer?

I also need to unlock the weekly strike so I can get my 9 coins. And all before Xur leaves on Sunday morning.

Balls. I already have truth, can I upgrade my truth?

Whats this fancy urn going to cost me as well? (if you dont mind) :)

Fancy Urn is 1 strange coin

• Advertisement

So I have a weekend of grinding glimmer ahead of me. Anyone know a good spot farm glimmer?

I also need to unlock the weekly strike so I can get my 9 coins. And all before Xur leaves on Sunday morning.

Anyplace where there is a lot of spawning enemies
    Rocketyard - Earth
    Moon - Archers Run
    Venus - the square where the Vex fight the fallen
    Mars - Cabal Outpost
    Just equip the appropriate buff and you'll get loads of it. Cormac also posted a spot in a Mars mission a few days back that will max out glimmer in no time.

You don't need to unlock the weekly/nightfall. You can just join a friend who has it unlocked. You can do this with all your characters if you have more than one.

I'm seriously thinking of taking a 1/2 day. Just haven't been able to come up with an appropriate excuse.

Ok, C&P from Reddit, includes retail prices and stats.

LOCATED: Xur is by the Crucible Quartermasters

INVENTORY:

For 13 Strange Coins..

Titan: Ruin Wings

Hunter: Achlyophage Symbiote

Warlock: Voidfang Vestments

For 17 Strange Coins..

Truth

Weapon

Exotic Helmet Engram for 23 Motes of light.

Exotic Shard for 7 Strange Coins

AND the ability to ReXurbish 12 of the Exotics using one Exotic Shard, roughly 7.5k glimmer and the exotic of course!

Exotic Upgrades:

•Mask of the Third Man (Hunter, helmet, 92 Intellect)

•Young Ahamkara's Spine (Hunter, gauntlets, 109 Discipline)

•The Armamentarium (Titan, chest piece, 167 Discipline)

•No Backup Plans (Titan, gauntlets, 111 Strength)

•Light Beyond Nemesis (Warlock, helmet, 103 Strength)

•Sunbreakers (Warlock, gauntlets, 87 Intellect)

•Suros Regime (Auto rifle)

•Red Death (Pulse rifle)

•The Last Word (Hand cannon)

•Thorn (Hand cannon)

•Icebreaker (Sniper rifle)

•Thunderlord (Machine gun)

Rocketyard - Earth
    Moon - Archers Run
    Mars - Cabal Outpost
    Just equip the appropriate buff and you'll get loads of it. Cormac also posted a spot in a Mars mission a few days back that will max out glimmer in no time.

You don't need to unlock the weekly/nightfall. You can just join a friend who has it unlocked. You can do this with all your characters if you have more than one.

I'm seriously thinking of taking a 1/2 day. Just haven't been able to come up with an appropriate excuse.

Physio appointment :)

Rocketyard - Earth
    Moon - Archers Run
    Mars - Cabal Outpost

Think the one on Mars is the Exclusion Zone mission, put on a decent level like 24 or 28 and you get loads of highlevel cabal to take out, then die and they all respawn, can hit 2k glimmer in a 3 mins, repeat that and your full in no time

Think the one on Mars is the Exclusion Zone mission, put on a decent level like 24 or 28 and you get loads of highlevel cabal to take out, then die and they all respawn, can hit 2k glimmer in a 3 mins, repeat that and your full in no time

Funny, I tried this the other day and I messed up. I killed all the Cabal I thought there was going to be another drop ship but there wasn't. Now everytime I start the mission it continues from where I left off. Even when I press the button to restart and not resume. I must try chaning the difficulty, maybe that will restart it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Managed to get through the hard Raid last night for the first time. We only started from the Templar but I had done the other parts in a previous sitting so I feel satisfied that I've done the whole thing.

I'll still be running the hard raid for weapon drops and to farm shards/energy :)
    Get about 14 a run
    bugs wrote: »
    Upgrading one piece of raid armor could take 1-2 months!

They've bottlenecked the progress. Just like ranking up Eris. Only way to do it is via bounties of around 300 XP a day max. (takes 500 to level her to rank 3). So thats 17 days of her bounties. Or 67 bounties total :(
    I have a fully maxed out Ice Breaker. Should I trade it in and get the new upgraded model from Xur? I'm not sure if the extra attack points are worth it.

100% yes for Ice breaker. What makes Ice Breaker great is it's damage and recharging ammo, neither of which is part of the skill tree/upgrades.
    I have to say, personally, I like it. Yes, it needs a bit of management (no where near as much as before the improvement update), but it is now a viable option in my view. Plus, with the Super Good Advice perk, I would say 8 out of every 10 shots missed is returned to the magazine. That's not bad.

I think with the perk for increased stability and some tender loving care it could be quiet handy for certain things like maybe
    the 1st part of the new raid

If you ever play PvP or want to have some fun.... .go back a few pages and watch the videos I posted about it and tell me yourself :o

Exclusion Zone thingy i posted about 10 pages ago (look for bold text)

Pretty happy with what Xur brought this weekend but I'm a bit short on Strange coins.

Anyone interested in carrying a lowly lvl24 Hunter through the Level 26 weekly this weekend :-/

Funny, I tried this the other day and I messed up. I killed all the Cabal I thought there was going to be another drop ship but there wasn't. Now everytime I start the mission it continues from where I left off. Even when I press the button to restart and not resume. I must try chaning the difficulty, maybe that will restart it.

Ah yes, need to leave one person left to kill you. You might need to finish the mission or maybe changing difficulty will do it..
    I used this technique after spedning all my glimmer on IB gear, never thought id need to farm glimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

I think I'll buy four engrams :)

thebag89 wrote: »
    I think I'll buy four engrams :)

I could be with you there. I have 50 notes of light burning a hole in my armour :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

FYI, it might be better to re-buy existing Exotics and shard your old ones if the option is there.

Reason being that re-rolling them costs 1 Exotic shard (valued at 7 strange coins) AND 7k Glimmer.
    You can shard you current Exotic and Gain an Exotic shard (valued at 7 strange coins)

So buying again: 13 Strange Coins
    Re-Rolling: 14 Strange Coins + 7K Glimmer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement