Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    FYI, it might be better to re-buy existing Exotics and shard your old ones if the option is there.

Reason being that re-rolling them costs 1 Exotic shard (valued at 7 strange coins) AND 7k Glimmer.
    You can shard you current Exotic and Gain an Exotic shard (valued at 7 strange coins)

So buying again: 13 Strange Coins
    Re-Rolling: 14 Strange Coins + 7K Glimmer

So to re roll it costs 1 exotic shard, 7 strange coins and 7000 glimmer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ruin Wings look really nice, might buy them as well.

Man decisions decisions. Def doing the bag thing and using my motes to buy engrams. At least 3 engrams and then see what they decode into.

I have lots of exotic armor that I never use that I will dismantle to turn into shards as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

emmetkenny wrote: »
    So to re roll it costs 1 exotic shard, 7 strange coins and 7000 glimmer ?

No. Just the Shgard. But a Shard costs 7 Strange coins, so consider it carefully if you have Lots of exotics especially if you have unlevelled ones.

I'm gonna see how my luck goes buying 2 Exotic Helm Engrams 1st.

But theres a good chance I'll re-buy Voiding Vestments and/or Achylophage Symbiote as I have both already, but they are completely unlevelled.

So I buy them for 13 Strange coins.
    Then I shard my old ones and get a Exotic Shard (worth 7 strange coins)

Of course if you don't need shards that much and don't want a few in reserve (maybe Xur only brought one weapon you want to re-roll) well maybe this won't apply.

Just think of this.... Shards are currency... they are essentially the €7 note of strange coins.

The can be spent AND earned (by sharing exotics)

So go hunting for any random exotic ****e your alt characters might have before you go and buy shards

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Better off buying a new one rather than re-rolling for sure imo if you have a lot of coins. Rather than re-roll sunbreakers i bought the vestment for my warlock instead. Saves me having to farm 7000 glimmer. Re-rolled ice breaker because its a must have pretty much but thats it. Bought hunter helmet and sharded my older one. Only use Suros in PvP on occasion so no need to upgrade. I'm just pissed he's not selling synthesis :mad:

EVERYONE NEEDS TO RE-ROLL ICEBREAKERS

All you will lose is its progress and perks.
    The 2 perks are NOT what makes Ice Breaker good.
    The re-charging ammo is default and you get automatically.
    It will start at a higher damage level (302) and you can still re-level it to create desctrucion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

EVERYONE NEEDS TO RE-ROLL ICEBREAKERS

:( I no have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Will be upgrading suros ice breaker and warlock helm and buying hunter helm, might buy truth too. Good xur day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Got my new Suros that I got from the nightfall on Tuesday upto the Suros perk, currently does 307 damage. Sharded the old Suros I received in this weeks VoG the next day.

Think I'm going to need to buy some helmet engrams from Xur to get to 31 this week.

I think I'm one of the lucky few this weekend.

He has 4 weapons I can re-roll and haven't fully levelled (or not levelled at all)
    -Red Death
    -The last Word
    -Thorn
    -IceBreaker

He has2 Exotics I can chose to upgrade:
    -Light beyond Nemsis
    -Sunbreaks

And he has 3 things I already have, but can shard and Re-buy (Truth is my only fully levelled exotic, neither of the armour is levelled at all)
    -Truth
    -Achylophage Symbiote
    -Voidfang Vestments

They only things I don't see any massive benefit from either re-buying or upgrading are:
    Sunbreakers (I have plenty other paths to new fully levelled exotics) and these are currently fully levelled. Their perks are great and are most useful in PvP Control so I think I'll keep those.
    Truth, same as above, the perks are what make it great and I only use it in PvP.

Pity you can't turn bounties in against several exotic weapons and armour at once :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Eris' bounties are handy today. Get the vanguard bounty for killing the ogre in the chamber of night with the heroic modifier on and you should be able to polish off the special weapon bounty, the heavy weapon bounty, the hunter specific bounty and fill the urn you got from xur all in one go. For the urn, don't kill the ogre until you have the 25 thralls killed as they will keep respawning until he dies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

kevind1 wrote: »
    Is The Truth worth getting?

Yes is the short answer. Tracking rounds that follow your target and the recent nerf upped the magazine to 6 with three of those rounds in the chamber. A really handy perk meaning heavy ammo drops in PvP gives you three rockets instead of two for maximum carnage or three rounds in quick succession before reload PVE - serious damage against bosses.

Only thing is it doesn't do the same amount of damage as the Gjallahorn and it uses your only exotic slot but if thats not a showstopper then its well worth the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

cdb wrote: »
    Yes is the short answer. Tracking rounds that follow your target and the recent nerf upped the magazine to 6 with three of those rounds in the chamber. A really handy perk meaning heavy ammo drops in PvP gives you three rockets instead of two for maximum carnage or three rounds in quick succession before reload PVE - serious damage against bosses.

Only thing is it doesn't do the same amount of damage as the Gjallahorn and it uses your only exotic slot but if thats not a showstopper then its well worth the investment.

Think ill give it a go, like the tracking round, looks like a good option for PvP...havent got Gjallahorn yet :o(

kevind1 wrote: »
    Think ill give it a go, like the tracking round, looks like a good option for PvP...havent got Gjallahorn yet :o(

Before you bite the bullet let me confirm the magazine size is 6. I'm almost sure it is 6 but the destiny wiki is saying it is only 3.

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Truth

Before you bite the bullet let me confirm the magazine size is 6. I'm almost sure it is 6 but the destiny wiki is saying it is only 3.

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Truth

Magazine size refers to how much it holds in the chamber not how much ammo you carry for it in total I thought? Looking at Truth in my inventory it holds 2 rockets in the chamber.

Jesus, the urn from Xur is turning into a serious grind.

Just gonna copy what I posted to Bungie.net here for clarity sake

EDIT 1 This post primarily applies to armour if you have lots of exotics from Engrams and have alternate characters but the premise still applies to weapons

FYI, it might be better to re-buy existing Exotics and shard your old ones if the option is there.

Reason being that re-rolling them costs 1 Exotic shard (valued at 7 strange coins) AND 7k Glimmer.
    You can shard you current Exotic and Gain an Exotic shard (valued at 7 strange coins)

So buying again: 13 Strange Coins
    Re-Rolling: 14 Strange Coins (spend 1 ES & lose the opportunity to shard old armour and hence lose 1 ES) + 7K Glimmer

Do not be fooled by "Exotic Shards", they are nearly a new currency. Think of them as a 7 Strange Coin Note :)
    They can be spent AND earned (by sharing exotics)

Let me paint you a mental picture:
    I have a Voidfang Vestments already totally unlevelled just sitting in my inventory (true story).
    I can "upgrade" this it will cost me 1 shard (think of this as a €7 or $7 note as regards strange coins) and 7K glimmer.
    To fully max it out will cost an Exotic shard again (but this is irrelevant as it applies to both cases, either new or upgraded)
    I can also re-buy the New Voidfang Vestments. This will cost me 13 Strange Coins.
    If I do this. I can Shard the old version and get an Exotic Shard (and some other rubbish materials).
    This is worth 7 Strange Coins, Net loss = 6 Strange coins

EDIT 2: Preparation for trolls/haters/people who find maths and logic to not be their strong point.
    If you don't understand the logic in the above post, move along.
    Do whatever you like. I don't really care. It's food for thought and some advice.
    If you think the maths is wrong, it's most likely you've misunderstood.
    I don't care if you disagree or think it's a dumb idea or whatever.
    I'm never wrong :)

Simply put, there is a small portion of Destiny players who both understand my main post AND have armour (and maybe even weapons like Truth) that this will apply to. Hopefully they will thankful.
    This post is for those Guardians.

Stay Safe out there Guardians! :)

EDIT 3: Funny story, even my own example here doesn't necessarily apply to the weapon he's selling this week.
    I have Truth fully levelled but will not be sharding it and re-buying as I only use it in big PvP maps for it's perks
    I do not need extra damage for PvP but I do need tracking rockets :)

Confirmed. I have it. it SAYS mag size 2 in game on the weapon itself, but it does indeed give you 3 rockets in a mag

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Xur dosnt my exotic helm, so i bought an engram with motes of light.

Got a nice new dlc exotic helm, 7 coins and 7000 glimmer saved

ok guys

So I need to beat crota 3 times this weekend (all 3 characters)

So emmet, bag, mick, gerard we need to get cracking

I found a couple of vids on youtube, it seems pretty easy to do, we just need 1 level 31 to grab the sword (I will be 31 with all my characters so happy days)

This is the tutorial

And here is the full video

They make it look so easy! Can't wait. We can try today with my titan, should have my other to ready by tomorrow/sunday.

I'm on for it anytime soon bohrio. Looked at that method myself, seems sticking together on the left is the key rather than splitting up.

I thought it was 3 in the chamber and 6 overall but if you have one in your inventory showing 2 then that is obviously right. Will have to check mine again.

Scroll up :)

I thought it was 3 in the chamber and 6 overall but if you have one in your inventory showing 2 then that is obviously right. Will have to check mine again.

It is three in the mag with the perk. For some reason that perk doesn't update the magazine size on the description.

• Advertisement

That explains it! Cheers lads.

Bohrio wrote: »
    ok guys

So I need to beat crota 3 times this weekend (all 3 characters)

So emmet, bag, mick, gerard we need to get cracking

I found a couple of vids on youtube, it seems pretty easy to do, we just need 1 level 31 to grab the sword (I will be 31 with all my characters so happy days)

This is the tutorial

And here is the full video

They make it look so easy! Can't wait. We can try today with my titan, should have my other to ready by tomorrow/sunday.

I'll be on after work.

Got 2 helmet engrams, ended up with the Skullfort for my Titan and a dlc helmet for my Hunter that gives you a zoom on golden gun.

Have enough Relic Iron to upgrade the helmet, just need to farm 208 Helium Filaments as I have no more marks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Got 2 helmet engrams, ended up with the Skullfort for my Titan and a dlc helmet for my Hunter that gives you a zoom on golden gun.

Have enough Relic Iron to upgrade the helmet, just need to farm 208 Helium Filaments as I have no more marks :pac:

How much are the engrams?

How much are the engrams?

23 Motes of Light

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Right bought 3 engrams the results are a helm for each class ,Saint 14 for my titan ,doc helm for my hunter and light beyond for my warlock happy days. Now to reroll ice breaker

thebag89 wrote: »
    Right bought 3 engrams the results are a helm for each class ,Saint 14 for my titan ,doc helm for my hunter and light beyond for my warlock happy days. Now to reroll ice breaker

Saint 14... I know someone who is going to be very jealous! lol

Thats the weapon I was talking about the other day bag...

Although it is a 7 bullet scout rifle with solar...

I wonder how the h... is he going to do it to upgrade it to reach 332...

• Advertisement

Bohrio wrote: »
    Saint 14... I know someone who is going to be very jealous! lol

I'd like that one. Just for the cool brush on top :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement