Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Soooo... engrams... worth giving them to my Hunter in the hope that they decode for my Warlock?
    I've decoded engrams as a Warlock before and gotten Warlock pieces though :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    Soooo... engrams... worth giving them to my Hunter in the hope that they decode for my Warlock?
    I've decoded engrams as a Warlock before and gotten Warlock pieces though :-/

Was going to post the same thing earlier but I'm sure that's been debunked as a myth. We should test it out. I'm buying 4 tonight and opening them with my hunter in the hope of getting a new Helm of St 14.

Xur has been good to me today and if I got that I swear no more RNG complaining from me, whatever the crappy nightfall gives me. (Got energies yesterday sigh)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Btw that urn quest for Eris is an exotic bounty for the Necrochasm.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's blind luck, I decoded too exotic engrams with my hunter today, one hunter helm and one titan.

Btw that urn quest for Eris is an exotic bounty for the Necrochasm.

Ah... i heard it was for some generic light 33 gauntlets.
    Have you done it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Pulled straight from the Bungie forums:

"Just wanna take a moment to ask all my fellow hards raiders how you feel about the new vanguard armor. I myself am pissed. I dont understand why bungie wants to reward all mediocre players of this game, or maybe they are doing it to make new players feel like they can also take part in the new raid... how cute... thanx for pissing in my cereal bungie. You guys ruined this game for me, why can't we NEED to do the first raid to EARN gear to do a HIGHER level raid? Am I alone in how I feel like the hours of grinding away at 3 hard raids a week for the last 2 months was for nothing at all. Now I finally got all 3 classes to 30 1 week before this dlc and boom... no lube... no kissing... just BOOM! Oh and thanx for murmur this new fusion rifle that EVERYONE GETS FOR FREE. Would you look at that its better then my mythoclast."

Can we use that urn that Xur is selling to collect all these tears?

Don't stray into the Darkness of the Bungie-Mouth... Evil Awaits.... An army of dark trolls and screaming moaners.... They worship a dark god known as "YOLO-SWAG"... their numbers are too great.... they cannot be stopped...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Has anyone used the exotic hand cannon Thorn?

Finally completed the last part of the exotic bounty last night by defeating Xyor in the summoning pits (cheers Rossbah!!) and received the upgraded damage version (302/331) from the speaker. Mixed reports - some saying it is painfully slow to reload but the stability, damage and poisoning make it worthwhile especially in PvP. Would be interesting to hear peoples impressions of it.

Fun Gun Stuff:

The Devil You Know and The Devil You Don't
    Taken from the old Irish phrase.

No Land Beyond
    Not sure if this has been mentioned at all, but if you've seen Enemy at the Gates or have a passing interest in Russian history during WW2, you'd know Zaytsev was their greatest sniper.

On the Grimoire card for NLB it says "Rumors of this weapon's existence sent many a Guardian clawing through the corners of Old Russia, seeking its legend. Some believe its origins predate the Golden Age and served to liberate the old Earth nation from a terrible cycle of war."

On Zaytsev's monument in Volgograd his most famous quote is etched, "For us there was no land beyond the Volga".

TFWPKY 1969

"but if it doesn't, the bullets will"

it is a line from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid made in 1969

"The Fall Will Probably Kill You, but if it doesn't the bullets will."

All hail Ctrl C and Ctrl V :pac:
    Anyone here using the exotic hand cannon Thorn?

Finally completed the last part of the exotic bounty last night by defeating Xyor in the summoning pits (cheers Rossbah!!) and received the upgraded damage version (302/331) from the speaker. Mixed reports - some saying it is painfully slow to reload but the stability, damage and poisoning make it worthwhile especially in PvP. Would be interesting to hear others think of it.

It's class :)
    Why not just take it and try it out on the Daily + Patrol and see what you think

Cormac... wrote: »
    Don't stray into the Darkness of the Bungie-Mouth... Evil Awaits.... An army of dark trolls and screaming moaners.... They worship a dark god known as "YOLO-SWAG"... their numbers are too great.... they cannot be stopped...

I love reading the perceived unjustness against their skewed self entitlement views of how their achievements are worth more than others achievements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

cdb wrote: »
    Has anyone used the exotic hand cannon Thorn?

Finally completed the last part of the exotic bounty last night by defeating Xyor in the summoning pits (cheers Rossbah!!) and received the upgraded damage version (302/331) from the speaker. Mixed reports - some saying it is painfully slow to reload but the stability, damage and poisoning make it worthwhile especially in PvP. Would be interesting to hear peoples impressions of it.

It's got much better since the patch apparently. Hand Cannons aren't my thing (except fatebringer in PvE). If I'm using a gun I want one that fires a lot of bullets. Thorn's worth having just for the bullets. Fire one into a wall and have a look.

Ranked up Cryptarch Rahool last night. Legendary Primary Engram .............. Red Death

Ranked up Cryptarch Rahool last night. Legendary Primary Engram .............. Red Death

Saves you another Exotic Bounty

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Finished the Urn quest line there, all you get is
    33 light gauntlets
    , handy if you hadn't already bought some from a faction.

• Administrators Posts: 53,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Got Truth in VoG today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Mickeroo wrote: »
    33 light gauntlets

FFS i bought a pair yesterday

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    FFS i bought a pair yesterday

Yup I bought some earlier in the week so they're pretty useless to me too. I'm pretty sure you'll get no materials for breaking them down either as that was the case with Murmur.

33 light gauntlets

Time to abandon so. Like others, I bought the Gloves earlier in the week

Yup I bought some earlier in the week so they're pretty useless to me too. I'm pretty sure you'll get no materials for breaking them down either as that was the case with Murmur.

Actually, I dismantled them there and got three shards so that's something at least. Just got the vanguard gauntlets I already bought out of a legendary engram there. bah! :pac:

They're trying very hard to hit level 31 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

Any Vault of Glass activity going on tonight?

HavelTRock wrote: »
    Any Vault of Glass activity going on tonight?

Are you in either of the Boards.ie Clans?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

Yeah the 26+ one as GooseonStilts

HavelTRock wrote: »
    Yeah the 26+ one as GooseonStilts

Just send an ole message to all in the 26-30 Playstation chat room so seeing if anyone is up for a normal raid. I'm sure a lot of people will be :)

I was about to get all "join the clan or GTFO" :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Can't believe I wasted a coin on that fecking urn. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Upgraded one of my Icebreakers and Suros. Got Saint 14 from an engram and nightfall dropped The Crest of Alpha Lupi so not a bad hour :) now might upgrade No Back Up Plans or buy the New Titan Gauntlets and shard my Truth and buy a new one :) Also should I upgrade The Last Word :) Xur nearly has all my exotics today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Where will I find Xur?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Where will I find Xur?

He should have a green icon over his head but he's on the way down to the vanguard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

These Exotic Helm Engrams are a scam. I've bought 7 in my time and none have decoded into for a Warlock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

These Exotic Helm Engrams are a scam. I've bought 7 in my time and none have decoded into for a Warlock.

Got 2 out of 3 of mine decode for a warlock........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement