Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Second checkpoint on the raid and got a pair of boots :) just need a chest now and I can get to 32. God I will never complain about RNG again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Been a good day.

Did 4 vanguard strikes today, then had enough marks to buy the new legendary boots and with the extra light got myself to lvl 28.
    Then Cryptarch decoded some engrams into strange coins for me, had enough to buy the Achlyophage Symbiote from Xur, and now I'm just a little ways from lvl 29.

And thanks Cormac for letting me in to the Clan, feel like I'm in the gang now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Thanks to sniper samurai and wonder3oy for playing earlier. I was on the vita and not mic'd as the wife was watching sex and the city reruns. Ugh.

Played through some of the story and got a legendary drop of a "the trolley problem" fusion rifle. Also got "murmur" so all in all an enjoyable time had.

Need to play some crucible for marks this weekend if I get a chance so I can buy new legendary gear from new monarchy.

• Administrators Posts: 53,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

is it worth getting the weapon upgrade on Xur for the Last Word?

I have Plan C and Bad Juju and neither of them I use really, is it worth dismantling for a shard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just got the arachnid from an engram, not sure if I should shard it and get the symbiote instead, don't really use the blade dancer class.

Edit : Nevermind, I misread the perk description haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Thanks to sniper samurai and wonder3oy for playing earlier. I was on the vita and not mic'd as the wife was watching sex and the city reruns. Ugh.

Played through some of the story and got a legendary drop of a "the trolley problem" fusion rifle. Also got "murmur" so all in all an enjoyable time had.

Need to play some crucible for marks this weekend if I get a chance so I can buy new legendary gear from new monarchy.

No problem. Pity you didn't get an exotic from the raid chest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Any of you fine people running the raid this weekend? Would like to be able to plan when I'll be pissing my wife off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Popped my cherry tonight, ran my first ever raid with wonda3oy, MADMADRA32. Got as far as the vault of glass, but 2 am was enough for me. Great craic with the lads, especially wonda3oy's carol singing! I think I performed admirably for my first attempt.

Got a load of shards/energies and Praedyth's Revenge from the chests, can't wait to run it again & finish it maybe.

No problem. Pity you didn't get an exotic from the raid chest too.

Ah I was just happy to play anything with you guys. Kinda felt bad as the team leader cause I was just running through the story mode which I struggled with on my own. That first part sword of Croat I think it was I must have tried a half dozen times before inviting ye to help me. Then I was thinkin you probably didn't want to be doing it again.

Anyway thanks again for the help. Pity I couldn't mic up and have a chat but thems the breaks. Thank **** for the vita. I really wouldn't be gaming at all these days without it.

Ps...an exotic would have been nice but I did get a legendary drop of a fusion rifle but the murmur might be better from what read online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Bought two engrams from Xur last night: 1st - Light Beyond Nemesis, 2nd - The Glasshouse.

Also bought The Truth.

Had to play solo last night, wife was in work so was keeping an ear out for the kids. Controller was down more than it was up.

Managed to get two strikes done, the new Vex one which I enjoyed, and Phogoth, which included a right d1ck who went afk until each section was cleared. When we got to Phogoth, he just sat in the room just before where the shrieker spawns, so I pushed him into the room. He wasn't happy, :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Good bit of business tonight, got a bunch of exotics. Finished that Urn quest (that ****ing knight was a pain in the hole), so now have enough armor to get to 31. Also took a chance on helm engram and rolled the Arachnid helmet, got all three now. Very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has there been any indication of what level armour will be offered in the Iron Banner in Tuesday?

If it is only armour to get to level 31 then I won't bother with it as you can just buy equivalent armour from the vendors. But if it will get you to 32 then I'll be all over it.

Another question, is the IB always Control? I hope so because it's the only PvP mode I enjoy and am good at.

• Administrators Posts: 53,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Popped my cherry tonight, ran my first ever raid with wonda3oy, MADMADRA32. Got as far as the vault of glass, but 2 am was enough for me. Great craic with the lads, especially wonda3oy's carol singing! I think I performed admirably for my first attempt.

Got a load of shards/energies and Praedyth's Revenge from the chests, can't wait to run it again & finish it maybe.
    You can restart from where you left off until Tuesday when it resets.

I got an update when I logged in this morning anybody know what it was for ?

Also read a quote from one of the Dev team that raid new raid armour and guns are getting a buff to start at light 30 and 302 attack.

I'll try find the quote agai .

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Has there been any indication of what level armour will be offered in the Iron Banner in Tuesday?

If it is only armour to get to level 31 then I won't bother with it as you can just buy equivalent armour from the vendors. But if it will get you to 32 then I'll be all over it.

Another question, is the IB always Control? I hope so because it's the only PvP mode I enjoy and am good at.

Believe the gear will only get you to lv 31, id expect another IB in a few months to get to 32, like last time. Think it's always control

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I got an update when I logged in this morning anybody know what it was for ?

Also read a quote from one of the Dev team that raid new raid armour and guns are getting a buff to start at light 30 and 302 attack.

I'll try find the quote agai .
    You on PS4? Logged in myself and no update.

kevind1 wrote: »
    You on PS4? Logged in myself and no update.

No Xbox one. I hard to reset the console because I couldn't connect to destiny so the update appeared when I logged back in

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A group managed to beat the whole raid in 30 minutes or so.

They had crota down to 20% health before the ogres even spawned.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A group managed to beat the whole raid in 30 minutes or so.

They had crota down to 20% health before the ogres even spawned.

30 minutes? Fcuk.

30 minutes? Fcuk.

They had 5 level 31s I think ?

• Advertisement

I tried that solo first chest in Crota. Got it in the first door after 2 attempts. Got 2 energies, some Black Wax Idols and the Titan mark Mark of The Pit.

That's quicker than VoG. Thats still at 33 isn't it? Though it should drop with 6 32's.

Can't watch video just yet, did they all have Gjally?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I think so. We'd have three 31's ourselves if we can convince Bohrio to actually use his :p

That update didn't drop for me, what size was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

onlyTobes wrote: »

Its was some laugh alright, Its the lads you play with that make all the difference, you could be playing X's and O's for hours with the right lads and it would be brilliant craic. Its the only reason I love online the lads you meet. It was actually Rossbah that sent me a message to ask me to do a raid so its credit to him for starting it.

I am chuffed I did the relic on my own to beat the Templar, never did it before so to do it perfect the 1st time was TOP OF THE POPS!

Sometimes the raids can get a bit "serious" especially when the frustration kicks in. So you need to be able to have a laugh.......

Will be on tonight if anyone is stuck or need a general bit of mayhem and craic along a boring strike giz a shout.

;);)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I think so. We'd have three 31's ourselves if we can convince Bohrio to actually use his :p

That update didn't drop for me, what size was it?

He doesn't want to get him dirty :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I see Bungie have been messing around with the Destiny app again. Now you can't see what the Daily strike is anymore. I wish they would stop changing it around. They never do anything positive with it.

I see Bungie have been messing around with the Destiny app again. Now you can't see what the Daily strike is anymore. I wish they would stop changing it around. They never do anything positive with it.

Couldn't agree more.

They took the time played off for a while. Why? :confused:

Taking the daily off makes no sense either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Did Nightfall, got 10 Strange coins. Strange coins in 3 of the last 4 nightfalls. Ugh. Rolled a helmet engram: Mask of Third Man. RNGesus is smiting me.

Does normal Crota's end drop all raid armour? Wondering whether I should buy those exotic gauntlets.

Did Nightfall, got 10 Strange coins. Strange coins in 3 of the last 4 nightfalls. Ugh. Rolled a helmet engram: Mask of Third Man. RNGesus is smiting me.

Does normal Crota's end drop all raid armour? Wondering whether I should buy those exotic gauntlets.

No idea about a helm but I've gotten the chest piece so far and I know emmett has gotten both boots and gauntlets.

• Advertisement

Just watched that vid. Jaysus some parts of that raid are just utter chaos. Kinda glad I've watched it now. At least I've an idea of what to expect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement