Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'll raid later, just need to farm some glimmer and play 2 more matches of Skirmish to level my armour. Hopefully be ready before 8

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

I'm up for a raid tonight, any parties i could join ?!

Tried joining the clan but it's full, so i have requested to join the overflow/feeder one.

WillardWhite222 is my PSNID

Lvl 30 Titan at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Man the PSN message service is really really annoying. "You received a new message" (Probably 15 mins after it was sent). Cool, I'll go have a look. "Cannot connect to the server in the time limit"

Is it just me and my setup? Or am I in good company?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Man the PSN message service is really really annoying. "You received a new message" (Probably 15 mins after it was sent). Cool, I'll go have a look. "Cannot connect to the server in the time limit"

Is it just me and my setup? Or am I in good company?

It's not just you. I really don't understand how it is so broken on the PS4. The messaging on PS3 and VITA is working correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

After hours of sniping Knights on Crota RNGSUS recognised my role in the team and rewarded me with The Black Hammer. Love it

• Advertisement

I was posting a few votes in the game of the year awards earlier. Destiny isn't getting much love over there. Looks like it is a shoe in for most disappointing game of the year.

Shame.

Right now the grind is getting to me a little. I have all the gear required for level 31 but haven't upgraded any of it. I'm waiting to see what is on offer in the Iron Banner event this week. I'd hate to spend material on something that will immediately be redundant. That has happened me once too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

AdamD wrote: »
    After hours of sniping Knights on Crota RNGSUS recognised my role in the team and rewarded me with The Black Hammer. Love it

This looks like an utter beast for bosses. Pretty much unlimited ammo with crits on the last round.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just hit Lvl 31 now, off to bed happy. defense is up to 1545 now :-D

Are there any weapons for sale through the Vanguard that are worth buying? I'm looking for a replacement for my Vision of Confluence or Aetheon's Epilogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got some crucible arms but the rest is too expensive, going to have to go with vanguard for the rest which sucks as I'm think I'm only level 1.

Might be good for weapons after Xur.

Actually easier to level up alts now with the new crucible/vanguard/faction gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm kinda back to the start armout wise at the minute after the DLC meant the factions had better armour as standard. Grr. Can't believe I spent all that time leveling it up and for nothing. Thankfully ye told me to stop but still.

Anyway after some crucibling for past couple nights I got to 75 marks so I bought gauntlets from new monarchy last night which moved me to a level 28. Delighted in a way but seems like a hollow victory knowing how much more work is ahead.

As far as I can see it basically means I need to do that for the boots and chest armour which is at least 50 games in the crucible to get the money to buy them.
    I can upgrade my exotic helmet I think from xur when he has a Titan upgrade?

I genuinely don't mind this type of grind as pvp is pretty much why I bought the game. I'm shockin at it but I enjoy it.
    That said since I've found this clan I've been playing strikes which are great craic.

I suppose I just feel my limited time playing means I'm missing out on strikes as im still trying to level up and the only way I can see to do this is by playing crucible to buy my legendary gear.

Am I missing something?

Can I even get to the new cap now 31 (I think) by doing this?

Is doing raids a quicker way? I know I've said before I'd find it hard to give the time for it but maybe I'll have to figure something out if it'll speed things up overall for me.

Sorry for the long post just want to make sure I'm on the right track. Cheers.

Edit .... so level 31 isn't the new cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Cap isn't 31, the tower purple gear will get you there but it's raid and exotics to go beyond.

Got the same arms and the +1 golden gun helmet from Xur as well as upgrading a lot of stuff,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

AdamD wrote: »

Nice! That's the new IB without taking an exotic slot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Bought 5 exotic engrams from Xur but no Team of St 14. Stuck with the old one. Did get boots from the Raid. A legendary void fusion dropped during a nightfall which is pretty cool. Got an exotic from an engram and it was the Truth ffs. Levelled my Suros up to 331 if I can just get helium. Still lots of farming required despite the patch. Went to bed at 4am yday now in work shattered.

I suppose I just feel my limited time playing means I'm missing out on strikes as im still trying to level up and the only way I can see to do this is by playing crucible to buy my legendary gear.

Am I missing something?

you can jus equip your new monarchy class item and run strikes. Any rep gained will be applied to New Monarchy. You don't have to stick to Crucible for it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

you can jus equip your new monarchy class item and run strikes. Any rep gained will be applied to New Monarchy. You don't have to stick to Crucible for it.

You can't spend vanguard marks in factions though? Think that's why he needs to play crucible. Really thought that they would have patched that by now. All my alternate characters have 200 vanguard marks but can only use them to buy materials.

ok I have the new monarchy stuff equiped alright but I thought you need crucible rep to buy the legendary gear.

I'll have a look later.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can't spend vanguard marks in factions though? Think that's why he needs to play crucible. Really thought that they would have patched that by now. All my alternate characters have 200 vanguard marks but can only use them to buy materials.

Can't you just equip a vanguard mark / cloak or whatever and spend the Vanguard marks?

thats what I thought alright

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Can't you just equip a vanguard mark / cloak or whatever and spend the Vanguard marks?

Didn't rank up vanguard on those characters as I don't use them very much, didn't realise at the time i created them all the factions require you to play PvP to buy their stuff.

• Advertisement

Didn't rank up vanguard on those characters as I don't use them very much, didn't realise at the time i created them all the factions require you to play PvP to buy their stuff.

Would I be better going changing to the normal vangaurd? Can you use both vangaurd marks and crucible rep to buy the gear?

That said I've already bought the gauntlets now so maybe I'm in too deep and be better off just keeping at it.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

I'm kinda back to the start armout wise at the minute after the DLC meant the factions had better armour as standard. Grr. Can't believe I spent all that time leveling it up and for nothing. Thankfully ye told me to stop but still.

Anyway after some crucibling for past couple nights I got to 75 marks so I bought gauntlets from new monarchy last night which moved me to a level 28. Delighted in a way but seems like a hollow victory knowing how much more work is ahead.

As far as I can see it basically means I need to do that for the boots and chest armour which is at least 50 games in the crucible to get the money to buy them.
    I can upgrade my exotic helmet I think from xur when he has a Titan upgrade?

I genuinely don't mind this type of grind as pvp is pretty much why I bought the game. I'm shockin at it but I enjoy it.
    That said since I've found this clan I've been playing strikes which are great craic.

Am I missing something?

Can I even get to the new cap now 31 (I think) by doing this?

Is doing raids a quicker way? I know I've said before I'd find it hard to give the time for it but maybe I'll have to figure something out if it'll speed things up overall for me.

Sorry for the long post just want to make sure I'm on the right track. Cheers.

Edit .... so level 31 isn't the new cap.

I'm in the same boat as you, grinding for vanguard marks so I can buy the new purple armour in the tower. Just need the chest piece now and max out my gloves and hopefully hit lvl 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Have never joined a faction. Doesn't seem worth it in the long run. You'll go up a vanguard rank each week just by doing Nightfall/Weekly and a couple of bounties per day.

Also got the shotgun in our second Crota run last night, pity shotguns are essentially useless. Cheers to Remi for joining us.

Your right yes. My bad, I was just thinking of actual ranking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok so, so far had a productive weekend.

Ranked up all my 3 characters to 31. And run the raid and finished it with all of them.

Got

Son of ir yut (machine gun)
    Hunger of crota (rocket launcher)
    Swordbreaker (shotgun)

Also 2 ships and few shards/energies.

The machine gun has a nice perk and that is the ability to shot through those annoying knight black shields... can't wait to unlock it.

Hunger of crota is like hezen but with tracking, and it has a skull attach to its visor to that alone makes it cool, also tracking will make it very useful against wizards

The shotgun well, is a shotgun, looks nice not sure of how it is going to do against knights etc.

However, all this non stop playing has pushed the wife to the edge, so I think my destiny play time has been compromised until I make up for it.

Hopefully I will be able to run it with the guys tonight (bag, emmet, mick, etc) before it resets tomorrow... :S

We are def missing a chest (or the game is glitched and is not giving drops after killing the deathsinger or whatever her name is) as I havent got any armor for 2 of my classes.

Also, it seems that you always get weapons after killing crota, which means that having a raid weapon will not be as exclusive as in VoG.

Can't wait to run it again on tuesday and get more weapons!

Bought
    The Achlophage Symbiote
    Ruin Wings
    Truth
    5 exotic engrams

Upgraded
    Armamentarium
    Light Beyond Nemisis
    Sunbreakers
    Suros
    Red Death
    Ice Breaker

need more coins

extreme measures shoots through a knight's shield too bohrio

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Decided yesterday to just throw all the Shotguns into the vault, can't even be bothered carrying them around, turning in bounties against them, pretending i'm going to use them.

Murmur is just another 2 reasons (Arc + Solar) why I'll never need to use a shotgun again.

Cannot be dealing with the slow reload and lack of scatter/splash damage.
    If they cannot be used to shoot "wide" and hit 4 thralls at once in the DLC, whats the point.
    At least a fusion rifle will shoot "deep" (jokes on a postcard) and penetrate multiple enemies (too easy).

I have a feeling the pulse rifles will be joining them in the vault soon.
    I have Red Death but didn't re-roll it as I was spending enough with Xur as it is.
    Have the bounty for Bad-JuJu so i'll complete that to get a 233 version.

But they just look like the 2 most useless weapon types in the game.

Also. WTF is the point in Iron Banner if it only gives you 31 level gear. Jesus wept. Too much moving the goalposts.

Also don't bother levelling Eris with more than 1 character. It's time consuming and unnecessary.
    You can just get the main character to do all the work and purchasing

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    This Urzok guy is impossible on solo.

Any public event in skywatch. Tried it solo myself. Lvl 30 Titan. No chance.

Have a mate who's completed the Crota raid and he swears Red Death is going to be necessary for the last part. Played it myself but haven't completed it. Red Death restores health which is useful for the last bit. It was one of my first exotics and I like it but tbh haven't used it much since I levelled it up.

Suros/Fatebringer/Vex
    Old Raid Fusion (Praetorian Fire) or the new fusion I picked up/ IB
    Corrective Measures / Raid Launcher (haven't got the gjaellehorn)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Any public event in skywatch. Tried it solo myself. Lvl 30 Titan. No chance.

Managed to do it on my second go, just happened to be a couple more level 30s there at same time doing the same thing, we all just focused on him and done pretty quick, there should be a alot of people trying to do it now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement